Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Charlz Guybon posted:

Anything from the last 10 hours that I should be aryzing over?

There were good Florida/NC polls from both CNN and Quinipaic so no thankfully. There was a weird -3 Virginia poll from some random pollster but that goes against literally every other poll by a dozen points so I would throw it away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Wyld Thang posted:

The GOP will have a willing partner in the White House for the first time in years.

Hillary Clinton probably hates the Republican Party more than anyone else in the world, what are you talking about

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Let's be real if Bill dies during her first term Hill probably does it

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

MattD1zzl3 posted:

For the record i do not think any race is inferior biologically or culturally than any other race. This does not matter to either you or i and does nothing to further our discussion of US Politics. But i ignored the first two "call outs" of this and i wasnt prepared to accept a third.

If you feel like talking about this ill spring for platinum and not clog the thread. Poking the hornets nest gets expensive and i havent recovered from my mod stalker Fans wiping out my account last time.

Hey if your white supremecist rear end could never post here again, that'd be great.

I'm sick of you chiming in and acting like we're all your buddies and there's just some rear end in a top hat mod who hates you. WE hate you. We report you, because you say awful poo poo.

Fix your brain.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

The woman who is accusing Trump of raping her when she was 13 announced she was going to hold a press conference, but then decided not to at the last minute

I'd like to see a straw poll on who believes her more because of this and who believes her less.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

spacetoaster posted:

Well then why even set all that up?

Anxiety/panic attack before it actually happened, possibly at least partially as a result of all the death threats being lobbed around and whatnot?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Lightning Knight posted:

I know I'm late to "will Hillary run in 2020?" chat but my big fear is that Bill dies in the next two odd years and she just says gently caress it and peaces out. :smith:

Hillary won't need to run in 2020 when she becomes Space Empress of Earth in 2018.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

donald trump, when a black man shoots two police officers

donald trump, when a white man shoots two police officers

hmmmmmmmm, something different about those two tweets, can't quite put my finger on what it is

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

spacetoaster posted:

Well then why even set all that up?

She likely thought she could handle it up until she saw a room full of media ready to pepper her with questions and start going over her current and past life with a fine-toothed comb.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Craptacular! posted:

Kind of. I look at wealth redistribution as similar to any other resource: the entire world can't live as well as Americans do, and to try to accommodate them means Americans will have to make do with less. I am completely down with hoarding our nation's good things to build the best society we can and being FYGM to the rest of the world outside our borders.

I'm not against any and all immigration, but undocumented immigration is almost always poor and uneducated and is going to cost our own poor in lowering the standard share of benefits for them before it harms the wealthy.

Ahaha go get hosed you rear end in a top hat. You're literal garbage.

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Bill's doing great healthwise as far as I've seen. He had some heart trouble a few years ago but changed up his diet and hasn't had any trouble since. Anyway, I think the deathbed entreaty of either one of them would be for the surviving spouse to continue on their work. Power couples don't play around.

I hope so. :unsmith:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

Well, at least cynicism didn't pay off for once. Though I do wonder how many of those people donating are Rs.

Lots, judging by the comments.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Honestly MattD if you want to get plat we can talk about this in PMs. I'd rather you be a non-racist here than a racist somewhere else, so if that's achievable let's try.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Northjayhawk posted:

More than likely she was up for it this morning, and then received thousands of death threats

How did anyone even know who it was though (to send threats)?

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There were good Florida/NC polls from both CNN and Quinipaic so no thankfully. There was a weird -3 Virginia poll from some random pollster but that goes against literally every other poll by a dozen points so I would throw it away.

don't forget the horseshit NV poll which thankfully was so bad (Trump winning Vegas, lol) we dismissed it immediately.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Can I get a link to those?

Doesn't seem to have stopped the slide on 538, trend line still down?

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Craptacular! posted:

Kind of. I look at wealth redistribution as similar to any other resource: the entire world can't live as well as Americans do, and to try to accommodate them means Americans will have to make do with less. I am completely down with hoarding our nation's good things to build the best society we can and being FYGM to the rest of the world outside our borders.

I'm not against any and all immigration, but undocumented immigration is almost always poor and uneducated and is going to cost our own poor in lowering the standard share of benefits for them before it harms the wealthy.

Did you know that there's a huge labor shortage in agriculture that's been ongoing for years and years?

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

Craptacular! posted:

It may be worth the effort of documenting a few of those cases and starting a QCS thread about it. No way do I have the time for that, but I'd agree those derails make it tough to get thru the thread and It'd be cool to see a resolution to it. There's a world of difference between Amergin doing troll posts and being harassed for racism constantly so the admins and whatnot would probably be more receptive to looking into this stuff if someone could get it out in a more visible platform. I can't even keep up with this thread so I'd gently caress it up terribly but someone with the time would be good and cool to do that.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Craptacular! posted:

- Economics is not a zero-sum game.

- Immigrants have been a net boon for our economy.

- Our immigration rate with Mexico is net negative right now, so the concerns of overwhelming immigration are overblown.

- If America only had white people its fertility rate would be sub-replacement and dealing with the same population troubles as Europe and Japan.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Danyull posted:

Re: Church burnings

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/793874830365892609

Apologies if this has already been posted, thread moves fast as gently caress.

Please shove your Dogbert plushies directly up your rear end, Dilbort. This guy is becoming such open scum that I'm surprised he hasn't just gone full political cartoonist.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
As a bit of a change of pace here's HRC being a teen advice columnist and killing it.

This is the second time she's done it this year.

quote:

In my experience, whenever you take a stand for what you believe, there will always be people who disagree with you. That’s especially true, I think, for women. So please know that you’re in good company. Believe me, every strong woman you admire who has worked to make our world a fairer place has faced opposition along the way. It’s usually a sign that you’re doing something right.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pakled posted:

It's not so far-fetched when you consider the idea that Bernie wouldn't have the same favorables if he'd won the nomination. Neither Hillary nor Republicans ever really brought out the big guns against Sanders, because he never really stood a chance of winning. Hillary had no reason to antagonize him, so her primary campaign treated him with kid gloves. Republicans saw more benefit in driving a wedge in the Democratic party so they never attacked him as much as they could have either, and in some cases even complimented him (see Trump during the debates)

This is just special pleading, the insistence that the GOP had some big red 'Destroy Sanders' button at RNC headquarters they could have pressed if Sanders were nominated. And the idea that the Clinton campaign never went after Sanders is simply wrong, Clintonworld tried to find that button themselves and they weren't able to make anything stick. Sanders' numbers no doubt would have dropped some if he had been the nominee, but the idea that they'd be anywhere near Clinton's historic lows is unsupportable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/02/tracking-poll-finds-race-tied-as-trump-opens-up-an-8-point-edge-on-honesty/

quote:

Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are tied in the new Washington Post-ABC News Tracking Poll, which finds Trump now holds an edge on which candidate is honest and trustworthy.

There is no remotely plausible world in which you can substitute in 'Bernie Sanders' for 'Hillary Trump' in that lede.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

deadwing posted:

donald trump, when a black man shoots two police officers

donald trump, when a white man shoots two police officers

hmmmmmmmm, something different about those two tweets, can't quite put my finger on what it is

Idgi

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Roland Jones posted:

Anxiety/panic attack before it actually happened, possibly at least partially as a result of all the death threats being lobbed around and whatnot?

The death threats are something of a given - just look at what happened to some of the Trump accusers. One of them even had to leave the country.

I don't think this press conference was ever going to go through.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Just saw yesterday's interview with Libertarian VP candidate Bill Weld and that's one of the most remarkable things I've seen this whole campaign season.

Trump is so toxic he got the freaking Libertarian VP candidate to endorse Hillary. :stare:

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Ogmius815 posted:

Did you know that there's a huge labor shortage in agriculture that's been ongoing for years and years?

I think the standard response is that if we build the wall and deport all the brown people, then the greedy farmers will be forced to pay enough so that white middle-class workers will be willing to pick tomatoes in the sun all day. As far as the impact on food prices, gently caress poors.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Northjayhawk posted:

More than likely she was up for it this morning, and then received thousands of death threats

Yep https://twitter.com/irin/status/793936000984772608

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012

Craptacular! posted:

:cripes: Guess that answers my question from earlier, on several levels.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

drat, deplorables death threated their way out of a November surprise. Deplorable.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Geostomp posted:

Please shove your Dogbert plushies directly up your rear end, Dilbort. This guy is becoming such open scum that I'm surprised he hasn't just gone full political cartoonist.

He's a software dev with an MBA, his piss poor political opinions shouldn't be too much of a surprise

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

She should wear a Guy Fawkes mask.

Or would that send mixed signals?

karlor
Apr 15, 2014

:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
College Slice

Covok posted:

I don't know if this is the right place to ask or the right time and, if it isn't, redirect me, but I'm thinking for running for the mayor's office in my village. Anything I should know?

Check out this thread about a goon running for office (as a joke but still winning) in a small town if you haven't already.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750148

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Covok posted:

drat, deplorables death threated their way out of a November surprise. Deplorable.

No one was going to cover it anyway.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Covok posted:

I don't know if this is the right place to ask or the right time and, if it isn't, redirect me, but I'm thinking for running for the mayor's office in my village. Anything I should know?

Never ever ever let anyone find out you post on SA? :v:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

This. It will not play well.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

Wonder how many Republicans are going to donate to fix the Church to show "bipartisanship" and "solidarity"

the answer is none

But https://www.youcaring.com/hopewellbaptistchurch-683834 !

Read the comments - it's so much trump guilt, either decrying the incident because surely trump supporters love everyone, or stating it was outright false flag. This is amazing.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

The Insect Court posted:

This is just special pleading, the insistence that the GOP had some big red 'Destroy Sanders' button at RNC headquarters they could have pressed if Sanders were nominated. And the idea that the Clinton campaign never went after Sanders is simply wrong, Clintonworld tried to find that button themselves and they weren't able to make anything stick. Sanders' numbers no doubt would have dropped some if he had been the nominee, but the idea that they'd be anywhere near Clinton's historic lows is unsupportable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/02/tracking-poll-finds-race-tied-as-trump-opens-up-an-8-point-edge-on-honesty/

There is no remotely plausible world in which you can substitute in 'Bernie Sanders' for 'Hillary Trump' in that lede.

Look at polls for Colorado Amendment 69 and tell me Bernie would be outperforming it by 20 points.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Ciaphas posted:

Already ahead of you on that.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Craptacular! posted:

What a terrible opinion!

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

Wonder how many Republicans are going to donate to fix the Church to show "bipartisanship" and "solidarity"

the answer is none
I'm looking forward to your substantial reframing of literally your whole political outlook now that you have discovered the other side is not in fact staffed entirely by actual demons.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

BGrifter posted:

Just saw yesterday's interview with Libertarian VP candidate Bill Weld and that's one of the most remarkable things I've seen this whole campaign season.

Trump is so toxic he got the freaking Libertarian VP candidate to endorse Hillary. :stare:

If anything more libertarians should oppose Trump for being a wannabe authoritarian who will waste tax dollars on a stupid wall, and push for ruinous protectionist trade policy. But they care more about white identity to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

"Sources are reporting that the Democratic nominee has a negative postcount on a website called 'Something Awful'..."

• Locked thread