Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

He doesn't bother posting a picture when the perp's a peckerwood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Craptacular! posted:

Kind of. I look at wealth redistribution as similar to any other resource: the entire world can't live as well as Americans do, and to try to accommodate them means Americans will have to make do with less. I am completely down with hoarding our nation's good things to build the best society we can and being FYGM to the rest of the world outside our borders.

I'm not against any and all immigration, but undocumented immigration is almost always poor and uneducated and is going to cost our own poor in lowering the standard share of benefits for them before it harms the wealthy.

Like I'm going to requote this because it's so monumentally stupid and basically banalityofevil.txt.

Gee guys I have no meaningful grasp of economics or international trade or history, I'm just afraid if we help all those poor people the First World is responsible for making poor in the first place I might not get to live a comfortable upscale lifestyle anymore. :ohdear:

Go gently caress yourself you stupid prick.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Apraxin posted:

https://twitter.com/KNXCooper/status/793931635662041089?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
I would not like to be a news editor having to decide right the gently caress now whether to run with this or not.

i hate that table with a passion. it's ugly, its garish, it's totally out of place. gently caress that table and i hope it catches fire.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Covok posted:

drat, deplorables death threated their way out of a November surprise. Deplorable.
Unless she had video, the major networks wouldn't have touched this. We lost nothing, and one girl's life is not ruined. Just gathering the podunk reporters into a room and getting the idea of Trump being a kiddy rapist out into the twitterverse has probably already maximized whatever effect it would have had (i.e. practically none).

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/ZeddRebel/status/793938317419147265

Jesus Christ.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Covok posted:

drat, deplorables death threated their way out of a November surprise. Deplorable.

Trump has plenty of rape accusations already. Not to sound insensitive to this individual's pain but if she came forward she'd just be another one for the pile. In light of that I don't blame her for backing out, for her own safety and sanity.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Holy loving poo poo.
And people say nothing's gonna happen on Tuesday

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Donkwich posted:

- Economics is not a zero-sum game.

Isn't it, though? i.e:

Northjayhawk posted:

I think the standard response is that if we build the wall and deport all the brown people, then the greedy farmers will be forced to pay enough so that white middle-class workers will be willing to pick tomatoes in the sun all day. As far as the impact on food prices, gently caress poors.

Like, similarly, I've always assumed I enjoy a high standard of living because my TV and my t-shirts and my car and literally everything else is manufactured in China/India/Bangladesh by workers earning $1 a day or whatever. Which makes me uncomfortable, but if you asked me if I could wave a wand and pay much much more money for domestically manufactured goods, I would stare at my feet and mutter "no."

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Cingulate posted:

I'm looking forward to your substantial reframing of literally your whole political outlook now that you have discovered the other side is not in fact staffed entirely by actual demons.

Uh, Republicans are still voting overwhelmingly for a racist rear end in a top hat who brags about sexual assault. This hardly changes my outlook on the party overall.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Agrajag posted:

i hate that table with a passion. it's ugly, its garish, it's totally out of place. gently caress that table and i hope it catches fire.

That's one of those fancy ones where you slice a whole tree down the middle and make a table out of it too.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Inferior Third Season posted:

Unless she had video, the major networks wouldn't have touched this. We lost nothing, and one girl's life is not ruined. Just gathering the podunk reporters into a room and getting the idea of Trump being a kiddy rapist out into the twitterverse has probably already maximized whatever effect it would have had (i.e. practically none).

I don't know that I'd call Gawker a major network, especially now.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

Uh, Republicans are still voting overwhelmingly for a racist rear end in a top hat who brags about sexual assault. This hardly changes my outlook on the party overall.
I know. The question is, what does it change?

I am guessing the more it changes you, the better.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost
I think this is probably relevant to the thread.

quote:

The show, a monologue in the tradition of Spalding Gray, is an ever-evolving, excoriatingly funny look at the Donald Trump phenomenon—and the liberal complacency that helped create it.

It's really, really entertaining and loving amazingly well done, and does a nice job of ripping the gently caress out of liberals as well as Trump and the right (and it's free to watch/listen!).
It's about 2 hours long, so I suggest putting it on a second monitor while you're doing whatever.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

freebooter posted:

Isn't it, though? i.e:

Like, similarly, I've always assumed I enjoy a high standard of living because my TV and my t-shirts and my car and literally everything else is manufactured in China/India/Bangladesh by workers earning $1 a day or whatever. Which makes me uncomfortable, but if you asked me if I could wave a wand and pay much much more money for domestically manufactured goods, I would stare at my feet and mutter "no."

You have a high standard of living because you earn a lot of money. Those people in those countries have those things, sometimes the exact same things.

The only exception might be cars, which (the ones sold here) are made in the USA.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Deified Data posted:

Trump has plenty of rape accusations already. Not to sound insensitive to this individual's pain but if she came forward she'd just be another one for the pile. In light of that I don't blame her for backing out, for her own safety and sanity.

No, this is the first rape allegation against him if you don't count Ivana's that would be public. None of the other encounters went that far.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

freebooter posted:

you ever notice the price of cars didn't drop to 1/10 their price when union workers were making them when they exported their labor to places where they paid poo poo wages and no bennies?

apple could manufacture the iphone in the united states paying people a living wage and still make a profit on each one (or pay those people those people like kings over there). it just wouldn't be 500-600 on each one.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Cingulate posted:

I know. The question is, what does it change?

I am guessing the more it changes you, the better.

gently caress off

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spaced God posted:

Holy loving poo poo.
And people say nothing's gonna happen on Tuesday

Yeah, as a guy who lives in a majority black area, I'm glad I decided to early vote

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

xrunner posted:

This is how Oregon's all mail-in ballots system works. You have an optional privacy envelope to put inside the main envelope, but you have to sign the outer envelope and include a return address or the ballot doesn't count.

My 2012 ballot got kicked back to me by the state because the signature on my ballot no longer matched close enough to the 10 year old signature on my registration card. I sent it back & my vote counted.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i want this election to be over and for the horror and fear and anxiety to stop now, please

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

It's kind of sad that Internet memes have spread to 60-year olds in retirement homes, except instead of Socially Awkward Penguin, they use photos of starving Haitian children with captions about the Clinton Foundation.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I'm inspired to wonder if America, hopped up on its adolescent hormones and trying to find its long term place in the world, has a suicide cult as a political party, as it reminds me at times of dark depression and the justification one might tell oneself as to why suicide would be ok.

"At least the death would be noticed..."

I firmly believe we need to inspire a new hopeful myth of America and humanity to reinspire those whom are lost right now to the fascist and economic nihilism, and lure of terrorism. I say that because there is very little difference, in their desperation between razor blade traps and bombs are far as "bring pain and fear" to the target, its just the level of effectiveness

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

In today's GOTV news:

https://twitter.com/samsteinhp/status/793946537223196672

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i want off this stupid loving ride now, please

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Did he actually pay them or did he just tell them to invoice him so he can never bother to pay when he loses the election anyway?

(Why would any business do work with Trump at this point?)

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Ciaphas posted:

i want off this stupid loving ride now, please

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

RuanGacho posted:

I'm inspired to wonder if America, hopped up on its adolescent hormones and trying to find its long term place in the world, has a suicide cult as a political party, as it reminds me at times of dark depression and the justification one might tell oneself as to why suicide would be ok.

I firmly believe we need to inspire a new hopeful myth of America and humanity to reinspire those whom are lost right now to the fascist and economic nihilism, and lure of terrorism. I say that because there is very little difference, in their desperation between razor blade traps and bombs are far as "bring pain and fear" to the target, its just the level of effectiveness

We already have that, it's just not directed at white people as much as in years past.

Like literally, just watch the DNC convention. That's it.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

computer parts posted:

That's one of those fancy ones where you slice a whole tree down the middle and make a table out of it too.

i thought it was distorted because the shot was a panorama but now I can't tell

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

wow, these false-flags are getting creative

(seriously, what is wrong with these people)

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

FuturePastNow posted:

why does that man have two metal lawn chairs at the end of his driveway

So no one walks on the wet paint.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

silicone thrills posted:

Did he actually pay them or did he just tell them to invoice him so he can never bother to pay when he loses the election anyway?

What does your heart tell you.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013

RuanGacho posted:

I am sure American exceptionalism has played a big role in making America the mess it is today. Just stop being weird people.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

silicone thrills posted:

Typically, the people he stiffs are independent contractors, not large firms. Larger companies are much more likely to be able to afford the legal fees to challenge the non-payment.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/793917872162631680

Another ad knocking it out of the park.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

computer parts posted:

We already have that, it's just not directed at white people as much as in years past.

Like literally, just watch the DNC convention. That's it.

I saw the DNC and I don't see it putting an end to the fear.

I don't think America is the answer to the world's problems either, the note has a bittersweet tenor to it.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

i want this election to be over and for the horror and fear and anxiety to stop now, please

Well... That's one of the possibilities, sure.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
https://tinyurl.com/Bloom-announced-the-press-conf

Video from Bloom's press conference. That seems like a lot of trouble to go through. Inviting all that press, setting up a microphone bank, etc. Does anybody have a good, solid explanation why this press conference wasn't even mentioned by CNN, MSNBC, etc? It's like they were going out of their way to pretend it wasn't happening. It was bizarre!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Regarding the press conference:
Both sides can claim "victories" here. Trump's side is obvious. He didn't have anyone speak out. Clinton's is less so. It generated some buzz. It'll get some play, on MSNBC anyway, and some people talking about it. It may get some people motivated.

And if anything, the Clintons can definitely try to make hay of the fact that Trump is intimidating people into silence.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

silicone thrills posted:

It depends. If he's able to use funds from his ostensible charities to pay you, he actually will!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Pakled posted:

Typically, the people he stiffs are independent contractors, not large firms. Larger companies are much more likely to be able to afford the legal fees to challenge the non-payment.
Still no downside to demanding payment up front. If he doesn't have the cash now, he won't have it later.

• Locked thread