Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
It's great how they all give this dude the benefit of the doubt saying he didn't do nothing before all this.

The guy saying that he suddenly wondered why everyone assumed this guy did it, without any real proof, had killed me with irony.

:rip: me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Dumb question, but what's a blan?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I like how even if their hosed up reality was true, where roaming blacks are murdering pure innocent white people all over the country, the idea of a random white guy being bad is just inconceivable.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Journalist Twitter says that the suspect put up a giant-rear end Trump sign two weeks ago.

https://twitter.com/GrantMRodgers/status/793832954975793152?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

We can expect no further coverage of this guy on freep, of course.

From O Keefe Video is up! posted by freeper Anti-Hillary

Yes, another nothingburger from Project Veritas. O'Keefe has been building this one up as a horrible racist statement from a major Democrat official. In reality,

quote:

Sorry, this is some nobody and after O’Keefe bragging “Bombshell” for weeks, this is exactly the kind of thing that actually helps Hillary because it is such an oversell, like the headlines: “Hillary explodes at protestors” or “Hillary stumbles on stairs” when nothing of the sort happens.

4 posted on 11/2/2016, 7:09:32 AM by Henchster (Free Republic - the BEST site on the web!)

quote:

To: Anti-Hillary

This sounds like the kind of stupidity that gets posted to YouTube by some middle-school student who just figured out how to upload videos from his iPhone.

7 posted on 11/2/2016, 7:11:50 AM by Alberta's Child ("Go ahead, bite the Big Apple ... don't mind the maggots.")

Freep is now fully aware that both O'Keefe is full of it, and they're waking up to wikileaks being a whole bunch of nothing as well.

quote:

To: Henchster

Yeah. I thought there was supposed to be a Wiki release yesterday that Assange said would “get Hillary arrested”.

12 posted on 11/2/2016, 7:13:45 AM by circlecity

quote:

Comment #14 Removed by Moderator

quote:

To: Guenevere

...and folks sit in their recliners gas bagging and complaining

That’s why I spend lots more time at the_Donald.

Too many lazy geriatrics and do-nothings here that spend more time making up conspiracy theories and judging other people that are actually doing something.

23 posted on 11/2/2016, 7:21:45 AM by VanDeKoik

quote:

To: Guenevere

O'Keefe isn't just some college journalism student doing this in his spare time. Maybe you don't know this, but Project Veritas is a registered non-profit corporation that funds its activities through donations.

Anyone who donates to this organization is well within their rights to comment on the credibility and effectiveness of the work they do.

I appreciate the work he does, but I wouldn't donate a nickel for something as useless as this after all the hype we heard about what a "bombshell" it would be.

40 posted on 11/2/2016, 7:29:12 AM by Alberta's Child ("Go ahead, bite the Big Apple ... don't mind the maggots.")

quote:

Were we not led to believe that we would see HRC yelling and cussing out a black campaign worker?

42 posted on 11/2/2016, 7:30:04 AM by Pilgrim's Progress (hxxp://www.baptistbiblebelievers.com/BYTOPICS/tabid/335/Default.aspx D)

quote:

For those skeptics on this thread who think this is nothing, you are kidding yourselves. Just because it isn’t Hillary using the N-word it doesn’t mean this has no effect at the margin.

Given the demographics of North Carolina this video will pretty much ensure both a Trump win AND a Barr win
. Put aside your own thoughts and listen to the Black Pastors at the end. You can count on this being passed along Sunday in a LOT of Black Churches and discussed.

NC’s early voting shows a lack of AA voting so far. This makes it more likely that either the Black vote stays home or some decide to give the middle finger back to the Dems. Either way it is a big positive for us.

Just because you expect Mt. Everest you don’t compare it to a 300-foot landfill if you fail to be impressed. Put yourselves in an NC Black voter and then re-think your position.

80 posted on 11/2/2016, 8:07:15 AM by LRoggy (Peter's Son's Business)

Freep opinions: The statement "black people that vote Republican are out of their minds" logically leads to "Hillary supporters are racist."

quote:

To: donozark

I think it might. Blacks who pay attention will draw the conclusion that Hillary supporters are racists. They won’t bother to get into the meat of it.

(But, sadly, they won’t draw any similar conclusions about Hillary taking money from countries who abuse women.)

82 posted on 11/2/2016, 8:08:58 AM by MayflowerMadam (Rev. Jeffress re Trump: "He may not be like us, but he likes us.")

quote:

To: Jay Thomas

Even if the video DID feature Hillary using the N word, we know that the libs would find a way to excuse her . . . it was the stress of the campaign . . . maybe she had a headache at the time . . . she was speaking to a conservative, so that doesn’t count.

Liberals are indeed evil!

99 posted on 11/2/2016, 9:00:03 AM by Pilgrim's Progress (hxxp://www.baptistbiblebelievers.com/BYTOPICS/tabid/335/Default.aspx D)

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From The Conservative Case for Voting for Clinton (David Frum votes for the Witch) posted by freeper bkopto

Other than buying Republican party line talking points about Hillary's "crimes" (I thought Frum was smarter than that), the article itself is a good read.

quote:

I have no illusions about Hillary Clinton. I expect policies that will seem to me at best counter-productive, at worst actively harmful. America needs more private-market competition in healthcare, not less; lighter regulation of enterprise, not heavier; reduced immigration, not expanded; lower taxes, not higher. On almost every domestic issue, I stand on one side; she stands on the other. I do not imagine that she will meet me, or those who think like me, anywhere within a country mile of half-way.

But she is a patriot. She will uphold the sovereignty and independence of the United States. She will defend allies. She will execute the laws with reasonable impartiality. She may bend some rules for her own and her supporters’ advantage. She will not outright defy legality altogether. Above all, she can govern herself; the first indispensable qualification for governing others.
[...]
I appreciate that Donald Trump is too slovenly and incompetent to qualify as a true dictator. This country is not so broken as to allow a President Trump to arrest opponents or silence the media. Trump is a man without political ideas. Trump's main interest has been and will continue to be self-enrichment by any means, no matter how crooked. His next interest after that is never to be criticized by anybody for any reason, no matter how justified—maybe most especially when justified. Yet Trump does not need to achieve a dictatorship to subvert democracy. This is the age of “illiberal democracy,” as Fareed Zakaria calls it, and across the world we’ve seen formally elected leaders corrode democratic systems from within. Surely the American system of government is more robust than the Turkish or Hungarian or Polish or Malaysian or Italian systems. But that is not automatically true. It is true because of the active vigilance of freedom-loving citizens who put country first, party second. Not in many decades has that vigilance been required as it is required now.

Your hand may hesitate to put a mark beside the name, Hillary Clinton. You’re not doing it for her. The vote you cast is for the republic and the Constitution.

But of course, as this is from David Frum, you know how freep is going to react.

quote:

To: bkopto

What a flaming A’hole. She’ll uphold the laws. NFW - she ignores and breaks dozens of them each month.

4 posted on 11/2/2016, 10:08:12 AM by Dilbert56

quote:

So basically David Frum is an establishment whoremaster like the rest of the neverTrumpers

5 posted on 11/2/2016, 10:08:15 AM by headstamp 2 (Fear is the mind killer.)

quote:

To: 2ndDivisionVet

David Frum was the neocon who coined “the axis of evil” for W Bush, prodding us into the disastrous Iraqi war. This guy is never a conservative, and never been right on anything.

12 posted on 11/2/2016, 10:11:55 AM by Rebel2016

quote:

All these GOPe shills who are coming out of the woodwork to say they are voting for Clinton probably voted for Obama, they just think that in this election it’s “safe” to say they’re really a democrat.

15 posted on 11/2/2016, 10:12:28 AM by pepsi_junkie (ui)

quote:

“So I will vote for the candidate who rejects my preferences and offends my opinions.”

Liberals lie. He is just another one. She is everything he ever dreamed of.

There is no “conservative case” for Hillary except the case that brings her up on federal charges.

18 posted on 11/2/2016, 10:13:11 AM by unlearner (RIP America, 7/4/1776 - 6/26/2015, "Only God can judge us now." - Claus Von Stauffenberg / Valkyrie)

quote:

F ake conservative
R at-loving
U npatriotic
M othereffer

41 posted on 11/2/2016, 10:28:48 AM by bigbob (The Hillary indictment will have to come from us.)

quote:

To: Lurkinanloomin

Frum actually claims to support reducing immigration levels, and has written good articles in the past ably arguing for a reduction. He claims in this article to “more or less” agree with Trump on immigration.

But clearly he’s either lying in that claim or the issue really doesn’t mean anything to him.
Hillary has vowed to massively increase refugee admissions, and she supports Gang of Eight style legislative reform which would massively increase already excessive levels of immigration.

Frum is either an idiot or a phony.

48 posted on 11/2/2016, 11:01:10 AM by Aetius

I love that they continue to call into doubt the "real"ness of these long-time right wing pundits.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Darkman Fanpage posted:

False flag!!!!

"Thought to be related to a Friday night football game, where Greene carried a Confederate battle flag and berated some blacks in the stands for failing to stand for the national anthem. Greene was angry at police for kicking him out as a trespasser."

Yup, a false flag was there

McGlockenshire posted:

What a flaming A’hole. She’ll uphold the laws. NFW - she ignores and breaks dozens of them each month.

4 posted on 11/2/2016, 10:08:12 AM by Dilbert56

And yet you can't name any one of them, much less find anything to pin on her.

There's two ways to take from this. Either she's some super criminal mastermind that can break laws at leisure and leave no trace on her record, OR, you're full of poo poo. Sadly I know which one you're going to choose

quote:

To: 2ndDivisionVet

David Frum was the neocon who coined “the axis of evil” for W Bush, prodding us into the disastrous Iraqi war. This guy is never a conservative, and never been right on anything.

12 posted on 11/2/2016, 10:11:55 AM by Rebel2016

*breaks out laughing* That you were all for, no doubt. You fuckers were practically begging for any reason to go in and kick Saddam's face sideways. You all sucked Dubya's dick through the whole thing till Obama got elected, then all your opinions changed and Iraq was a horrible idea. You fucks are so shallow and cowardly.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 2, 2016

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Conservatives would never actually use all those guns they're hoarding. It's insulting to suggest otherwise.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

SocketWrench posted:

And yet you can't name any one of them, much less find anything to pin on her.

Hey now! She broke the Emails Act of 2070, US15151G-7 Benghazi Statute C and the Secret Lesbian Law.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Universities work to purge male students of their ‘toxic’ masculinity posted by freeper rktman

The article is lovely right wing pseudo-clickbait wrapped up in a US flag woven from pure anti-feminist outrage. Toxic masculinity is a real thing, and it has a number of thematic similarities to the purity test echo chamber mindset of freep. It's the kind that tells you that you aren't a real man if you talk about your emotions, or if you admit you're in pain, or if you aren't tall with a perfect body, or if you aren't a domineering rear end in a top hat to others, or if you don't walk around with a sense of false bravado, etc, etc. Unfortunately the nuances of what's toxic about some things society considers masculine get completely lost under the label, so it's really easy for people that don't understand it to hate it immediately because it can easily be painted as "all masculinity is toxic."

quote:

Facepalm. "GIRLY MEN WANTED. APPLY HERE AND RECEIVE A FREE MURSE/SHOULDER SATCHEL." And some parents actually pay for their sons to attend these indoctrination centers? WTH?

1 posted on 11/2/2016, 7:44:47 AM by rktman

quote:

To: rktman

Nothing like antagonizing 50% of your market.

In retrospect, I should have joined the Marines after graduating high school instead of going straight to college.

3 posted on 11/2/2016, 7:47:02 AM by Arm_Bears (Rope. Tree. Politician/Journalist. Some assembly required.)

quote:

This applies to white males only, and they are the only ones who are stupid enough to take it seriously.

4 posted on 11/2/2016, 7:49:50 AM by odawg

quote:

The same universities can’t figure out why enrollment of male students is on a steep downward trajectory. When given a choice, most people don’t want to go where they are not wanted or valued. I predict this will promote more single sex schools, which is the way it used to be anyway.

5 posted on 11/2/2016, 7:50:39 AM by lee martell

quote:

The “Universities” -Changing men into twinkies and snowflakes since 1960. How nice.

6 posted on 11/2/2016, 7:50:45 AM by FlingWingFlyer (Clintoon will be the "historical" first unindicted felon to sit in the Oval Office. Be proud!)

quote:

Why don’t they just put estrogen in the water. Cheaper than social engineering.

14 posted on 11/2/2016, 7:58:59 AM by Protect the Bill of Rights

'50s "masculinity" is pretty much the problem, as it happens...

quote:

Masculinity served America well on the eve of, during, and after World War II.

The leftist administrators and so-called professors at these “universities” need a serious rear end kicking.

19 posted on 11/2/2016, 8:04:40 AM by july4thfreedomfoundation (Hillary doesn't belong in The White House. She belongs in the Big House.)

In fact, here's a great example. Thanks, freep.

quote:

To: july4thfreedomfoundation

21 posted on 11/2/2016, 8:06:22 AM by dfwgator
How many survivors still can't talk about the mental trauma they experienced that day because society taught them that they'd be seen as weak? This is still a problem.

Go ahead, freep, continue proving the point.

quote:

To: july4thfreedomfoundation

They would perhaps prefer an army of pantywaists so America would surrender without a fight. Little do they know their heads would be the first ones rolling in the gutter.

22 posted on 11/2/2016, 8:10:06 AM by AngelesCrestHighway

quote:

The pussification of the male begins in college, err, grade school, err, pre-school, led by the snowflake teachers/profs!(NEA)

27 posted on 11/2/2016, 8:15:27 AM by Bushbacker1 (Molon Labe! (Oathkeeper))

quote:

To: KC_Lion

What about purging the butt ugly lesbians of THEIR toxic masculinity?

31 posted on 11/2/2016, 8:29:36 AM by MeganC (JE SUIS CHARLES MARTEL!!!)

quote:

Ah, "Toxic" masculinity. I wonder if anyone involved is as eerily reminded as I am of the Nazi racial propaganda of the mid 30's? This stuff would be easy to write, you'd just have to get a copy of The Eternal Jew and substitute a few object phrases.

It's toxic, all right, doctrinaire, totalitarian, and about as fascist as you can get without wearing a snazzy brown uniform. This is hate propaganda, designed to humiliate and marginalize. Its proponents are no more interested in living with normal men as the Nazis were with coexisting with their own victim classes.

39 posted on 11/2/2016, 9:53:16 AM by Billthedrill

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Yes, Highlights [for Children] Is Going Gay posted by freeper Mrs. Don-o

Emphasis added

a letter in the lovely, lovely article posted:

Dear [Name],

Thank you for your message, and I’m sorry that we were slow to respond.

Although I see that you have already canceled your subscription, I thought it still important to answer your questions about what Highlights means when we say we plan to be more fully reflective of all families, including families with same-sex parents.

As you know, Highlights publications focus on kids. We are general interest magazines, and we publish fiction and nonfiction of all types, as well as games, puzzles, jokes, and crafts. Our target audience is kids under the age of 12, most under the age of 8 or 9.

The themes we cover in our magazines are broad and universal—relatable to children trying to navigate childhood. Because children are our focus, we rarely show a full family in our illustrations, instead focusing on showing the child the reader relates to. When a parent is shown or integrated in a story, it is frequently just one parent because a good 800-word children’s story cannot support too many different characters.

When we do show families in the magazines, we make it a point to include diversity. We strive to be diverse in every way. The goal, however, is not to specifically call attention to diversity but instead to help kids understand that while differences exist, we are all actually more alike than different. For instance, from time to time we show families headed up by a grandparent or single parents. We show adoptive families, blended families, multi-generational families, and multi-racial families. In the future, we will depict same-sex families in our magazines in a manner consistent to the way all diverse families are depicted. This is in support of our mission to help children become their best selves and understand that all families, including theirs, are important.

We’re sorry to lose you as a subscriber, but I hope this email helps to clarify our position.

Sincerely,

Christine Cully

quote:

Queering children's culture.

Can't we push back?

1 posted on 11/2/2016, 8:26:38 AM by Mrs. Don-o

quote:

To: Mrs. Don-o

We could, but I wonder how many children really read this. I know my brother, sister and myself did. But my children never did. I never even thought of having them read it. So isn’t it a dying publication? I actually thought it was gone already.

4 posted on 11/2/2016, 8:31:54 AM by napscoordinator (Trump/Hunter, jr for President/Vice President 2016)

quote:

we make it a point to include diversity. We strive to be diverse in every way.”

So their Official Goal is to DIVIDE PEOPLE instead of UNITING THEM?????

5 posted on 11/2/2016, 8:32:44 AM by eyeamok (destruction of government records.)

quote:

“Queering children’s culture.” Yes.

‘Diversity” is being used as a weapon to destroy all that remains good and decent in the USA.

Go, Trump, Go!

6 posted on 11/2/2016, 8:34:35 AM by heterosupremacist (Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God ~ Thomas Jefferson)

quote:

This is ultimately what comes of tolerating poofters: they spread their filth around everyplace they can.

10 posted on 11/2/2016, 8:36:46 AM by Rurudyne (Standup Philosopher)

quote:

To: Celerity

I also know that money doesn’t flow deep at this company, and they need to do whatever to keep about 100 people employed. Sad, really.

The sad thing is that their shrinking list of subscribers will continue to shrink, thus hastening the magazine's demise. When a company caters to the squeaky wheels of the world, they lose their core customers and do not gain enough from the complainers to offset the loss. They would have done well to continue as they have been, showing a "normal" parent and letting the reader decide if said parent was gay.

16 posted on 11/2/2016, 8:59:48 AM by Sans-Culotte (Time to get the US out of the UN and the UN out of the US!)

quote:

Thank you for posting this, this is really sad. Highlights Magazine has been in my family for I believe three generations but we will now be cancelling our two subscriptions. The phone number for their editorial department is [redacted] and the e-mail to the company is [redacted] if anyone else would like to contact them. Highlights has now declared itself to be an enemy combatant in the war to destroy our culture. We will not support them in their effort or let them corrupt our children.

19 posted on 11/2/2016, 9:07:52 AM by Ronaldus Magnus

Freep opinions: the best way to challenge PC is to be as bigoted as possible, openly!

quote:

Most of the reason this rot has gotten this far is less the activists and more just ordinary people who are afraid to push back. These companies feel like they are boxed in and have no choice.

Which is why it is *so* crucially important for us to...well...offend political correctness as boldly as openly as possible to the point where people realize that you *can* say no and come out ok.

We’ve been too mealy mouthed for too long. All political correctness has to be taunted and ridiculed beyond rehabilitation.

21 posted on 11/2/2016, 9:11:26 AM by Claud

quote:

To: heterosupremacist

“Diversity” is merely a code word for “Too Many White People”.

25 posted on 11/2/2016, 9:17:40 AM by T-Bone Texan (Don't be a lone wolf. Form up small leaderlesss cells ASAP !)

quote:

“...they need to do whatever to keep about 100 people employed.”

Going gay is the quickest way to put themselves out of business, guaranteed. If they updated their look a bit but maintained a strong traditional message, sales would increase.

There IS a way to promote an anti-bullying message to children (i. e. it’s just not nice to pick on others who are different, how would you feel?) without caving in to the Gaystapo-—the worst bullies of all-—and normalizing pedophilia.

37 posted on 11/2/2016, 9:58:01 AM by mumblypeg (We've had a p***y in the White House for 8 years. Make America Macho Again.)

quote:

We had the same issue with Scholastic Books. We read the description of a book my daughter wanted, and it seemed innocuous enough, but when she got it, the friend of the main character had two moms.

I’m done with Scholastic Books.

38 posted on 11/2/2016, 10:00:16 AM by kosciusko51

quote:

To: kosciusko51

The ‘progressives’ (unGodly Marxist-socialists) infiltrated education in the 1950’s (Columbia U. is their HQ). The N.E.A. is their puppet. Most teachers have unwittingly become their minions (those that aren’t are fearful to speak honestly within the system).

Only vouchers and private schools will turn that tide, and those are under attack constantly by ‘progressives’.

39 posted on 11/2/2016, 10:15:42 AM by polymuser (Enough is enough!)

Incidentally, this is why lefties should be cautious about "school choice" bullshit. The majority of supporters don't give a poo poo about actual education, or standards, or Common Core, their main underlying concern is that there are liberals all over the place instead of their favorite brand of right wing Christianity.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Ah yes, the terrible gay scourge of 'people realizing gay people can raise families.'

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

McGlockenshire posted:

And now, some election night parallel universe fanfiction.

quote:

To: Scythian_Reborn

After the results for the states in the Easter Time Zone report and Trump carries ME and NH, I will make a cup of warm chocolate.

The rest of the Idiot States of RI, MA, CT, and VT will be called for Clinton. (I was born in one of those states and was stationed in another of them. I migrated to TX because I was tired of dealing with idiots who thought living within 25 miles of Harvard somehow made the geniuses.)

When NY, NC, OH are declared too close to call and PA has Trump up, I will continue sipping.

When MD is too close to call and GA goes for Trump, I will have another sip.

As the states in the Central Time Zone begin to report, I will smile and sip when Trump wins FL in a landslide.

The South (KY, WV, TN, AR, AL, MS, and LA) goes Trump, I will finish my first cup of warm chocolate and make another.

MI, WI, IA, and MI will be called too close to call. IL will be called for Clinton. We will be reminted that NY is still too close to call.

The Great Plains states (ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, and TX) will all go heavily Trump.

As I sip chocolate, I will click over to the Clinton sNews Network to watch Rachel Madcow pick a fight with Tingle Leg when she hears NY, NC, MD all went for Trump. She hits old Tingle Leg in the face with her fist. Old Tingle Leg announced, “Madcow, I have never hit a woman before!” He decks her, turns to the camera, and announced, “And I have still not hit a woman! She is better endowed than Ant-Knee Weiner. Rachel is really Michael. She is as big a fraud as Hillary.”

I click back to One America News Network which has breaking news: HILLARY CLINTON, HUMA ABEDIN ARRESTS FOR FRAUD, MONEY LAUNDERING, AND ESPIONAGE!

I calmly finish my chocolate and unlock the liquor cabinet.

I hear a series of single gunshots. I open my gun safe and take out some protection. Then I realize it is my neighbors who have the “I’m with Her” bumper stickers trying to blow their brains out. I talk to the police who have responded. One says, “She shot herself four times in the head and is still conscious.” I nod and tell the police to drop by after their shift ends for a drink.

90 posted on 11/1/2016, 8:52:53 AM by MIchaelTArchangel (A Vote for Hillary is a Vote for ISIS!)
I'm not sure where these assumptions come from. Most of the states that he insists will be too close to call are soft to moderate blue this year, and under no circumstance will Maryland or New York go for Trump.

Hillary then sweeps the states never declared here and rushes past 270. 1000 (more) years of Liberal Darkness.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This actually does make me wonder: what happens in a presidential election if one of the candidates dies or is arrested before voting begins, or before the votes are counted? Does the election automatically go to the next highest candidate? Does the party get to emergency nominate a new candidate, and if this occurs after early voting begins do those votes get to be re-done?

I'm just curious about what would really happen if the Freep fantasy of Hillary being arrested tomorrow for treason was to come true. Or if Trump was to work himself up into a fatal heart attack out of rage.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

chitoryu12 posted:

This actually does make me wonder: what happens in a presidential election if one of the candidates dies or is arrested before voting begins, or before the votes are counted? Does the election automatically go to the next highest candidate? Does the party get to emergency nominate a new candidate, and if this occurs after early voting begins do those votes get to be re-done?

I'm just curious about what would really happen if the Freep fantasy of Hillary being arrested tomorrow for treason was to come true. Or if Trump was to work himself up into a fatal heart attack out of rage.

If HRC died/withdrew before Nov 8th, the DNC would call an emergency meeting to select a new nominee. Once one gets picked, it's tricky, as individual states have their own laws regarding how to get the new nominee on the ballot. Some would reprint ballots, some would just treat all HRC votes as votes for the new nominee, and some would be assholes about it.

If HRC died/withdrew after Nov 8th, but before the Electoral College votes in December: Less tricky than the above, but also less certain. At that point, it's up to the electoral college to decide what to do, and each state has different laws regarding what their electors can/should/must do.

If it happens after the Electoral College votes in December: The only easy case. Kaine becomes the new President-elect; a special session of the DNC is called to select the new VP.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

RagnarokAngel posted:

I like how even if their hosed up reality was true, where roaming blacks are murdering pure innocent white people all over the country, the idea of a random white guy being bad is just inconceivable.

Fathis Munk posted:

It's great how they all give this dude the benefit of the doubt saying he didn't do nothing before all this.

The guy saying that he suddenly wondered why everyone assumed this guy did it, without any real proof, had killed me with irony.

:rip: me.

What gets me is that they seemed so excited to have another reason to spew their usual hatred of all darker than milk, but then immediately seemed to short circuit when him being their kind of white trash came out. "How could a white guy ever do anything violent?" "Why is the media talking about crazy white guys so much" they ask when they demand every white man be armed and call for genocide on a regular basis. They have no idea how to handle it when this guy came up so they spew a variety of excuses to avoid ever having to *gulp* learn form something.

McGlockenshire posted:

From Universities work to purge male students of their ‘toxic’ masculinity posted by freeper rktman

The article is lovely right wing pseudo-clickbait wrapped up in a US flag woven from pure anti-feminist outrage. Toxic masculinity is a real thing, and it has a number of thematic similarities to the purity test echo chamber mindset of freep. It's the kind that tells you that you aren't a real man if you talk about your emotions, or if you admit you're in pain, or if you aren't tall with a perfect body, or if you aren't a domineering rear end in a top hat to others, or if you don't walk around with a sense of false bravado, etc, etc. Unfortunately the nuances of what's toxic about some things society considers masculine get completely lost under the label, so it's really easy for people that don't understand it to hate it immediately because it can easily be painted as "all masculinity is toxic."

Old white men who go on perpetual tirades about how everything scares them deciding they can lecture anyone on masculinity is always hilarious.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 2, 2016

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

Indoctrinated liberal atheist sissy checking in.

I'm not afraid to cry. You can't tell me you wouldn't tear up watching Old Yeller get put down.

Hell, found myself tearing up earlier watching a Sainsbury commercial

Duke Igthorn posted:

I'm not sure where these assumptions come from. Most of the states that he insists will be too close to call are soft to moderate blue this year, and under no circumstance will Maryland or New York go for Trump.

Hillary then sweeps the states never declared here and rushes past 270. 1000 (more) years of Liberal Darkness.
[/quote]

10 bucks the only gunshot that dickcheese is gonna hear is the one he blows his own brains out with when his fantasies get buried by reality

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 2, 2016

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

McGlockenshire posted:

From The Conservative Case for Voting for Clinton (David Frum votes for the Witch) posted by freeper bkopto

I love that they continue to call into doubt the "real"ness of these long-time right wing pundits.

Same. They see an example of someone actually sticking to those conservative principles they rant about and reject it out of hand because it doesn't kiss up to their hateful demagogue or hurt everyone else enough.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Has there been any mention of the Des Moines woman who got arrested for voter fraud? Voted for Trump twice and claimed the elections are rigged.

Freeper in the wild, maybe?

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?

GoingPostal posted:

Has there been any mention of the Des Moines woman who got arrested for voter fraud? Voted for Trump twice and claimed the elections are rigged.

I loved it because it's also a good example of voter fraud that's not solved by voter id.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Geostomp posted:

Old white men who go on perpetual tirades about how everything scares them deciding they can lecture anyone on masculinity is always hilarious.

Masculinity is hurting others so badly and with so little discrimination (or more likely so much discrimination) that none of them can poke at the soft center at the middle of your frail psyche. They're a perfect example of it, so clearly they are perfectly positioned to lecture.

Now non-toxic masculinity on the other hand, they wouldn't know if it formed the pillar of their life and held their undeserving heads above water.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

GoingPostal posted:

The reaction will be simple

"Oh, so authorities IGNORE the rampant voter fraud of the democrats, but the second a republican casts two ballots the knives are out."

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Also it was totally a false flag and she was a secret Democrat trying to make Republicans look bad.

Also you know if the 19th Amendment was repealed she wouldn't have been able to do that just saying.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
gently caress this email poo poo.

From 'Coffee should not come with political brainwashing!' Anger at Starbucks over green 'unity' cups... posted by freeper rickmichaels

It's from the Daily Mail because of course it is.

the excerpt posted:

An attempt by Starbucks to unify the country ahead of Election Day with a green coffee cup has backfired after angry customers threatened to boycott the chain.

The company said the cups - which were unveiled on Tuesday and feature a drawing of more than 100 people drawn with one line - were intended to remind Americans of their 'shared values' at a 'divisive time in our country'.

But the move appears to have angered rather than united customers. Some thought it had replaced the company's traditional red Christmas drinking vessels, while others accused the brand of pushing a political agenda.

So this is the cup in question.

So, boring and artsy and not at all holiday-like, so clearly the conservatives will hate it. As if that's going to stop me from ordering my venti nonfat no whip white chocolate mocha 'beetus.

Every post is this one so far, but this is the most freepy.

quote:

To: rickmichaels

Haven’t set foot into a Starbucks in years. They crossed the line into politics...and I am a man of my world. If Christians would stop putting coffee over God they would have to close shop here in Texas.

8 posted on 11/2/2016, 4:24:41 PM by NELSON111

quote:

I do NOT share values with progressives, moslems, democrats, politicians, educrats, and so on. Wait...I don't do business with Starbucks.

Carry on.

14 posted on 11/2/2016, 4:27:26 PM by who knows what evil? (Yehovah saved more animals than people on the ark... hxxp://www.siameserescue.com)

WENDLE is such a great troll. Maybe if I keep saying this often enough I'll start believing it.

quote:

It is my view that they are a bunch of anti-American communist faggots. I would go in their with out a baseball bat to protect myself . This commie crap is coming to an abrupt halt next Tuesday . Buy a can of coffee and make a cup for 8 cents and quit getting screwed by these phonys!!

29 posted on 11/2/2016, 4:43:38 PM by WENDLE

quote:

To: thehopster

there aren’t many shared values left

Almost none. If she wins, we need to split up the country.

30 posted on 11/2/2016, 4:44:06 PM by madprof98

quote:

To: Cboldt

There are many places one can get good coffee without a political statement. Easy to find those places too.

Hate to say, but probably most of the artisanal coffee places are just as liberal, if not weirder. At least here in New York. Nature of the beast, maybe.

I buy my coffee from some Orthodox Jews who started their own roasting company. Lately I've been avoiding a lot of places that attract hipsters like cats to catnip.

44 posted on 11/2/2016, 5:06:22 PM by MoochPooch (I'm a compassionate cynic.)

quote:

Sheesh! Who still patronizes Starbucks besides liberals?

45 posted on 11/2/2016, 5:10:59 PM by Bigg Red (Go away, Satan! -- Fr.Jacques Hamel (R.I.P., martyr))

quote:

Green stands for Islam.

FWIW

47 posted on 11/2/2016, 5:16:24 PM by Talisker (One who commands, must obey.)

quote:

Dammit, we do not have “shared values”. The US is a deeply divided nation. The question is, which values are moral, right, and in keeping with the Judeo-Christian foundational principles of the nation.

51 posted on 11/2/2016, 5:22:45 PM by mtrott

Freep opinions: America was united the last time we identified a common enemy to fight

quote:

What are our shared values, I wonder? I don’t feel like we have any.

I feel we are a nation deeply divided.

The last time I felt somewhat unified as a nation was after 9/11. It seemed like we recognized a common enemy,
came together, looked out for each other, supported our military/law enforcement/first responders, desired to work together to protect ourselves. . .

I was either wrong, or it was short-lived.

57 posted on 11/2/2016, 5:47:24 PM by Persevero (NUTS)

I fear they're right. I'm not sure what shared values I actually have with the average freeper. I'm not sure that I'm comfortable with that.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

Green stands for Islam.

FWIW

47 posted on 11/2/2016, 5:16:24 PM by Talisker (One who commands, must obey.)

...what?

This is the dumbest post I've seen from Freep in a while.

Saint Patrick's Day, secret Muslim brainwashing program!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
What the gently caress is an educrat?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I always wonder who they think they're including with the 'judaeo' bit

I mean, I went to synagogue for like 15 years and I can't think of a single Jewish founding father. I'm pretty sure that would have come up during Hebrew School, we talked about famous Jews in history.

(Spoilers: Maimonides was the best one)

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

PT6A posted:

Somebody who believes people ruling the nation should be educated.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

PT6A posted:

Much to my shock and disbelief, it's a real enough word that Google can define it. Noun, informal, derogatory: an education administrator.

Wiktionary gives credit as an early use of it to ... Laura Ingraham.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Mors Rattus posted:

I always wonder who they think they're including with the 'judaeo' bit

I mean, I went to synagogue for like 15 years and I can't think of a single Jewish founding father. I'm pretty sure that would have come up during Hebrew School, we talked about famous Jews in history.

(Spoilers: Maimonides was the best one)

It's a half hearted attempt to include Jews as "one of the good ones" since open anti semitism is a lot harder to get away with now.

They could just say Abrahamic values but that'd include Islam sooooo

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013

RagnarokAngel posted:

It's a half hearted attempt to include Jews as "one of the good ones" since open anti semitism is a lot harder to get away with now.

They could just say Abrahamic values but that'd include Islam sooooo

Do they even know the term Abrahamic?

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

McGlockenshire posted:

From 'Coffee should not come with political brainwashing!' Anger at Starbucks over green 'unity' cups... posted by freeper rickmichaels

[timg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwIXE2-UEAA1hmt.jpg:large[/
I fear they're right. I'm not sure what shared values I actually have with the average freeper. I'm not sure that I'm comfortable with that.

What are your stances on dogs and weed?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

McGlockenshire posted:

To: Cboldt

There are many places one can get good coffee without a political statement. Easy to find those places too.

Hate to say, but probably most of the artisanal coffee places are just as liberal, if not weirder. At least here in New York. Nature of the beast, maybe.

I buy my coffee from some Orthodox Jews who started their own roasting company. Lately I've been avoiding a lot of places that attract hipsters like cats to catnip.

44 posted on 11/2/2016, 5:06:22 PM by MoochPooch (I'm a compassionate cynic.)

How is this considered not being a hipster

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

Exactly what political agenda? The whole one nation thing? Jesus gently caress some people get pissed over the dumbest, most pointless poo poo.
I'll bet every freeper, had they been back in WWI, would have been the ones to poo poo all over the Christmas Truce

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Pulsedragon posted:

Do they even know the term Abrahamic?

I'm sure a few of them do, but they almost certainly hate it due to the fact it causes Islam to be included with Christianity. That, and even the slightest implication that Islam and Christianity have the same God is sure to upset them. "Abraham didn't worship no moon god!"

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

change my name posted:

How is this considered not being a hipster

Haha, I didn't notice but you're so right.

Also I still can't stand them touting their adherence to Christian morals and then screaming for the blood of immigrants and the end of welfare.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Fathis Munk posted:

Haha, I didn't notice but you're so right.

Also I still can't stand them touting their adherence to Christian morals and then screaming for the blood of immigrants and the end of welfare.

Self-righteous hatred and excusing any behavior of all who claim to be believers are the core of modern evangelicalism.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Supply Side Jesus said, Love thy neighbor, but only if you're in the right kind of neighborhood.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Geostomp posted:

Self-righteous hatred and excusing any behavior of all who claim to be believers are the core of modern evangelicalism.

Well yeah but I'd argue they aren't following the Christian values they claim they are.

No true Christian I guess.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Fathis Munk posted:

Well yeah but I'd argue they aren't following the Christian values they claim they are.

No true Christian I guess.

Hypocrisy is another pillar of modern evangelicalism and modern conservativism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

McGlockenshire posted:

I'm glad that Starbucks found a way to follow up not putting christmas trees or whatever it was on last year's honestly quite nice looking red and green cup :allears: