Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

nine-gear crow posted:

Indeed. Melissa Benoist and Grant Gustin are both Glee survivors, Jesse Martin's a Broadway star (plus we saw Singing Joe last year), and Carlos Valdes is also a singer away from Flash. So yeah, the talent's all lined up. Hopefully if it's not good it'll at least be fun.

If they don't find a way to include barrowman I'm going to be writing some sternly worded letters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I liked this episode, except the Caitlyn plot which continues to be really stupid.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The Lord Bude posted:

If they don't find a way to include barrowman I'm going to be writing some sternly worded letters.

Victor Garber too. And I think Darvill has musical chops as well.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
gently caress it, they should have made the big 4 way crossover the musical.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
TV musical episodes are stupid and cliché, and it's going to suck, I promise.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

greatn posted:

TV musical episodes are stupid and cliché, and it's going to suck, I promise.

Buffy pulled it off.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Hollismason posted:

I am just catching up with this, but why is this kid not in handcuffs, how did he build a giant monster, what the gently caress is with Joe giving him a speech.

I like HR.

Because he's a troubled teenager that's about as physically threatening as your average puppy? I wish cops in real life would show that kind of judgement and restraint when dealing with kids.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Stunt Rock posted:

Buffy pulled it off.

Nah. Once more with feeling sucked with amateur hour music, The Scrubs Musical sucked. The only good tv musical episode of a normally non musical show was Community, mainly because it was making fun of those musicals.

These episodes are made by a combination of tv writers who don't know how to write music, music writers who don't know how to write tv, and tv directors who don't know how to direct musical numbers, and usually musically untalented actors, though not in this case.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

AbsolutelySane posted:

Because he's a troubled teenager that's about as physically threatening as your average puppy? I wish cops in real life would show that kind of judgement and restraint when dealing with kids.

Also white. Cops took the guy who shot up the black church to loving Burger King before they took him to jail.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Guy A. Person posted:

"Yeah I come from a rich family of assholes and I have a big problem with dark haired protagonists who seem beyond the rules and have a lightning bolt symbol somewhere on them" was so hilariously on the nose

I'm so very angry that after his whole impassioned speech opening up to Barry that Julian didn't just go "GEEZ mate, did you actually believe all that? God, I SAID I didn't have some boiler plate sob story" and then walked out laughing at Barry.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

graham cracker posted:

Cisco "How can this (monster) exist, all of ours metahumans have been... humans."

Paraphrased. But how easily did Cisco forget about King Shark and Gorilla Grodd?

HR's secret partner Gorilla Grodd?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Cael posted:

I'm so very angry that after his whole impassioned speech opening up to Barry that Julian didn't just go "GEEZ mate, did you actually believe all that? God, I SAID I didn't have some boiler plate sob story" and then walked out laughing at Barry.

That would have been prize winning TV.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Why do CW shows loving love to reuse story lines over and over? How much longer are we going to see the "Will Flash reveal his identity to X? TENSION!!!" "WHO IS WELLS? IS HE EVIL OR JUST QUIRKY?!?!?!"

It's such lazy loving writing.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I think the past two Wells's were both pretty obviously evil/with a hidden agenda from the get go, so this one being kind of an idiot is actually a nice change of pace.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

It's nice to see a more Ed-like Wells

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Just thought about Barry being Cisco's house guest - in the last episode he was asking Joe and Iris whether he should move out and get his own place, and they were joshing him about how he was finally growing up and acting his age, but didn't Barry have an apartment in the city in season one then moved back in with Joe there? Did Flashpoint change that?

What's Iris's situation at the moment? She was living at home at the start of season one then she went to live with Eddie (her moving out is what prompted Barry to move in, if I recall correctly), but did she go back to live with Joe and Barry in season two? I don't remember.

Weird thing to think about, I know. :shrug:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Gordong Dongbay posted:

Why do CW shows loving love to reuse story lines over and over? How much longer are we going to see the "Will Flash reveal his identity to X? TENSION!!!" "WHO IS WELLS? IS HE EVIL OR JUST QUIRKY?!?!?!"

It's such lazy loving writing.

I didn't really get a feel that there was supposed to be tension over whether or not Barry will reveal his identity to Draco. Seems like a solid no. He doesn't even seem mildly conflicted about it.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Artist: "Hey, did we get these hard drives at a bankruptcy auction? They have a lot of old JJ Abrams poo poo on them, pretty sure these are the geometry files for the cloverfield monster.."

Producer: "Fuckin' ours now man, throw it in the scene."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It only took like 5 episodes for me to realize Julian is Tom Felton.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the new explanation for plot inconsistencies is Flashpoint, don't worry about it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was kind of goofy how they just handwaved away how the kid was able to create a giant hologram like that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Klungar posted:

It's nice to see a more Ed-like Wells

Season 4 Wells has to be Captain Bubble Beard right?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

muscles like this! posted:

It was kind of goofy how they just handwaved away how the kid was able to create a giant hologram like that.

speed force

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

greatn posted:

I didn't really get a feel that there was supposed to be tension over whether or not Barry will reveal his identity to Draco. Seems like a solid no. He doesn't even seem mildly conflicted about it.

For now, it's more a case of "will "Draco" figure it out, or won't he?" Because he has more than enough pieces and clues for putting it together, and he has most of those for a while now. But they must be piling up with each episode, and supposedly he is really good at making deductions (he won't figure it out until the episode he dies or leaves town on a train, will he?).

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Guy A. Person posted:

There were also some cool moments like Julian having military training

He's basically a gun-toting David Caruso style CSI now.

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Getting the whole MLB to throw a season and let the Cubs win a World Series to show how much Barry changed the timeline was a really ambitious marketing campaign for this show.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

Just thought about Barry being Cisco's house guest - in the last episode he was asking Joe and Iris whether he should move out and get his own place, and they were joshing him about how he was finally growing up and acting his age, but didn't Barry have an apartment in the city in season one then moved back in with Joe there? Did Flashpoint change that?

:lol: at you thinking the writers remember the pilot.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I mean...the apartment probably isn't his anymore after he stopped paying rent? I don't think this one's a stumper.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Carlosologist posted:

Murder on the Titanic? Who cares, we're drowning!

HR is the next great performance by Tom Cavanagh

I really want a copy of his book.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

What's Iris's situation at the moment? She was living at home at the start of season one then she went to live with Eddie (her moving out is what prompted Barry to move in, if I recall correctly), but did she go back to live with Joe and Barry in season two? I don't remember.

Weird thing to think about, I know. :shrug:

Seeing as how Eddie died maybe she just stayed in his apartment?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

He's basically a gun-toting David Caruso style CSI now.

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

In that particular scene I thought he looked more like a young Jerome Flynn.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

muscles like this! posted:

Super smart science people? In my comic book franchise?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Caitlyn no, be the antiheroine Killer Frost III, not the bad ones :(

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
It seems like her powers come with a significant +Evil side effect, which is unfortunate, but not uncommon. Many metahumans seem to suffer from this effect. In fact, aren't Barry, Cisco, and Firestorm the only metahumans in the entire world who aren't assholes?

Also, I thought the actual reason Killer Frost is Killer is because she basically has to suck heat from her surroundings (and occasionally living people) in order to keep living. Did they drop the heat vampire side effects, or are those going to come in later?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spergatory posted:

It seems like her powers come with a significant +Evil side effect, which is unfortunate, but not uncommon. Many metahumans seem to suffer from this effect. In fact, aren't Barry, Cisco, and Firestorm the only metahumans in the entire world who aren't assholes?

Also, I thought the actual reason Killer Frost is Killer is because she basically has to suck heat from her surroundings (and occasionally living people) in order to keep living. Did they drop the heat vampire side effects, or are those going to come in later?

When they revamped KF during Underworld Unleashed she no longer had any control of her powers and was compelled to seek out massive heat sources in order to feel even slightly warm.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spergatory posted:

Aren't they setting up her cold powers going out of control? So, just ripping off Frozen

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Aren't they setting up her cold powers going out of control? So, just ripping off Frozen

I'm cool with it if she builds an ice palace in Central City.

ChristopherRobin
Feb 27, 2011

Corgis with attitude.

Guy A. Person posted:

"Yeah I come from a rich family of assholes and I have a big problem with dark haired protagonists who seem beyond the rules and have a lightning bolt symbol somewhere on them" was so hilariously on the nose

Up until that moment he had been seemingly on the wrong show, and is still somewhat that way. Like Julian is how a normal, rational person would act if they were in Arrowverse. He's not against using a gun against life threatening beings. He calls Barry out on being an rear end in a top hat and breaking the rules. He's flabbergasted when he reports Barry to the captain and Barry gets away with a slap on the wrist. He doesn't have some personal vendetta against metas, he just realizes how incredibly dangerous they are. Julian's superpower so far is being a completely rational human being.

Sometimes I feel like Julian is how the writers are pointing out how off the wall some of the poo poo they write is.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Julian "Grimey" Albert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Spergatory posted:

Earth-2 Killer Frost didn't seem to be one. She was just aces with murdering folks and suddenly super evil. It always seems like a Brotherhood of Mutants thing, where they're instantly social pariahs with superiority chips on their shoulders.

You'd think, being a scientist with a social conscience, she'd realize: "hey, I should think globally and combat climate change. I know a way to stop polar ice erosion..."

• Locked thread