Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Was anyone else super nervous with the way the game chooses to read your Happy Home Designer data if you have physical copies for both games?

The game literally asks you to STOP and SWAP the cartridges because HHD never had any sort of Streetpass data which is how 3DS games usually do this sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

That would have made me nervous. The download-to-download link was smooth as butter.

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.
New friends!! Add me @ 3282-2701-8602. Gonna add the people from the past couple pages

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I'm not sure what to do. On one hand I wanted to reset but I don't want to wait a month+ just to get every shop upgrade. On the other hand if I don't reset... well, I stopped playing two years ago for a reason, I guess.
How motivating are the new quests? I'm guessing the endgame still is "get every item", right?

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Japan's getting a new set of LINE stickers today, by the way:

Oh noooo

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

gmq posted:

I'm not sure what to do. On one hand I wanted to reset but I don't want to wait a month+ just to get every shop upgrade. On the other hand if I don't reset... well, I stopped playing two years ago for a reason, I guess.
How motivating are the new quests? I'm guessing the endgame still is "get every item", right?

The """""quests""""" are like, hang a shirt on the wall

Spend 50,000 bells on a single item

Hit the lucky rock 8 times before next week

PacoTheThird
Oct 23, 2008
Okay, I've added: Yikes A Zombie!, Dizz, and Mooks. My FC is 1590-5383-7032.

Quitte and rhoga, I've still got you registered from ages ago, but I wasn't sure if you still had me on your list.

It's so weird having new things to do with Animal Crossing! I've been playing off and on since release date.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Catalina posted:

So today I booted up my 3DS XL, all excited to download the update, and it's making a strange popping noise and shutting itself down. :stonklol:
Looks like the problem is the internal cables, which is beyond my ability to repair, so I guess I'll sell my current 3DS XL for parts, and buy a new 3DS during Black Friday. Meanwhile, I will live vicariously through this thread!

Word of caution if you do this. You will lose your town data, full stop. There is no way to recover it if you don't have your old system on hand to transfer to the new one. Nintendo would be able to recover your old account and give you back your games, if you call them up, but your save data will be toast.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

PacoTheThird posted:

Quitte and rhoga, I've still got you registered from ages ago, but I wasn't sure if you still had me on your list.

It's so weird having new things to do with Animal Crossing! I've been playing off and on since release date.

I added everyone here!
My code: 4227-2218-2054

EDIT: Are MEOW tickets worth 3000 bells for everyone? That makes some items in the RV catalogues incredibly expensive.

lunar detritus fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 3, 2016

MockTurtle
Mar 9, 2006
Once I was a real Turtle.
I've been gone forever but came back for the update and Gracie is in town. I am boned with no modern clothes. Can someone lend me an outfit? I'm scared to mess with time travelling.
EDIT: EEEE I passed with some junk I scrounged up. I'll be back soon to add you all :)

MockTurtle fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Nov 3, 2016

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Please note that my new dream code for Brighton is now 5C00-000F-88FF

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

Word of caution if you do this. You will lose your town data, full stop. There is no way to recover it if you don't have your old system on hand to transfer to the new one. Nintendo would be able to recover your old account and give you back your games, if you call them up, but your save data will be toast.

Whoa, thanks for the warning! Time to remake my plan.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Monster Hunter Stories amiibo work with the international version of New Leaf!
https://twitter.com/NintenDaan/status/793969153535254528

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

I've been putting tons of time into these games since the original. Lost my New Leaf cart a year or so ago, didn't plan on coming back. But now seems like the time :unsmith:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm considering getting amiibo just so I can get an all cat town.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Added RainbowCake, Gmq, and PacoTheThird.

Will open gates Tommorrow.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So it true that Happy Home designs carry over to this now?

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I've added everyone who posted today!

My FC: 3437-3695-2934

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The new AC Line stickers are up: https://store.line.me/stickershop/product/7383

Here's the English preview:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The new AC Line stickers are up: https://store.line.me/stickershop/product/7383

Here's the English preview:

What's wrong with walker

what even is that sticker

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay

The Monster Hunter Stories amiibo work with the international version of New Leaf!

Excellent.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't there use to exist some kind of resource site full of QR codes for all kinds of designs? I re-purchased New Leaf off the eShop after that direct and wanted to get back my favorite path and my Elite Beat Agents costume but I can't seem to find either of them online now as far as I can tell Animal Crossing QR codes exist exclusively on Tumblr which is a pain in the rear end to sift through.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
To get the amiibo characters to move it, do you just have to tell them to come play once?

I have the Toon Link amiibo and it turned Wisp into Medli (:neckbeard:) and I need her in my town. Her face is weirdly low-res textured but who cares, it's the best teen bird girl from the best game. :allears:

I also got some regular ol' squid from my Splatoon Inkling amiibo but I asked for a gift and seemingly just got a random piece of furniture?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

You invite them from their camper vans.

Unless you mean the ones from the previous cards, in which I have no idea.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Crawfish posted:

You invite them from their camper vans.

Unless you mean the ones from the previous cards, in which I have no idea.

Ah, so the process is Wisp -> tell them to come over -> camper van -> invite to village then?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Your Computer posted:

Ah, so the process is Wisp -> tell them to come over -> camper van -> invite to village then?
For figures and the new series of cards, yes.

Also always choose the invite option. You can only use wisp lamp once a day and the cool furniture you can order from them will always beat whatever the other option hands you. Villager amiibs works in a non working sort of way, and is the easiest way to get a hold of the Wii U if you don't have one of the animal crossing amiibo.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Crawfish posted:

For figures and the new series of cards, yes.

Also always choose the invite option. You can only use wisp lamp once a day and the cool furniture you can order from them will always beat whatever the other option hands you. Villager amiibs works in a non working sort of way, and is the easiest way to get a hold of the Wii U if you don't have one of the animal crossing amiibo.

Do they show up with the same stuff for order every time? Because if so I'll quickly run out of things to order from them since I only have two amiibo, I guess :v: Maybe that's the reason you can ask for a gift.

e: oh darn. I found Medli in her camper van and asked her to come live in the village, but now I can't order stuff from her anymore. Did I screw myself out of a ton of cool Zelda items? :negative:

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Nov 3, 2016

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

This is wonderful news. :D Cookin' Steak for all! I added Felyne to the OP.

Catalina posted:

Whoa, thanks for the warning! Time to remake my plan.

Glad I could help! Your best option for recovering your town is to call up Nintendo and set up a repair.

Your Computer posted:

Do they show up with the same stuff for order every time? Because if so I'll quickly run out of things to order from them since I only have two amiibo, I guess :v: Maybe that's the reason you can ask for a gift.

e: oh darn. I found Medli in her camper van and asked her to come live in the village, but now I can't order stuff from her anymore. Did I screw myself out of a ton of cool Zelda items? :negative:

Try scanning her again tomorrow? You might be able to buy items from her then.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Do all of the Monster Hunter Amiibo do the same thing in ACNL? I loved the MH items in HHD so importing one for this is pretty tempting

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

PacoTheThird posted:

Genovera posted:

My FC: 3437-3695-2934
Added back.

Does anyone have good turnip prices? According to this site mine aren't going any higher this week.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Apparently if you invite an amiibo villager in when your town is full, you get to choose who to evict from your town.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Silver Falcon posted:

Try scanning her again tomorrow? You might be able to buy items from her then.

Seems like once they move in, they'll no longer be able to go camping and you'll no longer be able to order stuff from them. God damnit :(

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Crawfish posted:

Apparently if you invite an amiibo villager in when your town is full, you get to choose who to evict from your town.

:aaa: This is huge, and worth adding to the OP all on its own. Do you know if the new villager's house just replaces the old one, or does it get the same random placement as regular new move-ins?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Crawfish posted:

Double damnit, I should've waited for my town to be full so I could at least throw out one of the jerks :negative:

Lesson: take your time, don't immediately invite your cool new amiibo friends!

Quitte
Nov 2, 2011

nee-deep

Still in the process of sorting through my stuff, I found a bunch of duplicate genuine art / sculptures.
Let me know if anyone needs anything, everything's free of course.

:siren: Also looking for an ancient statue to complete my museum :siren:

edit: FC 1418-6690-5893

edit2: Ken the ninja chicken just slipped me a genuine scary painting

Quitte fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Nov 3, 2016

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Quitte posted:

Still in the process of sorting through my stuff, I found a bunch of duplicate genuine art / sculptures.

oh no, I just gave my spare one to my son!

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Quitte posted:

edit: FC 1418-6690-5893

Could you save the the Great Statue for me? It's one of the two I'm missing.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

This is something that was sort of answered but then asked again on the last page, Wisp does not appear only at night. Found him a little past 10 AM today.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Holy crap. Cubs win. I find Wisp. Gracie's here for her final check.

:boom: :boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

:aaa: This is huge, and worth adding to the OP all on its own. Do you know if the new villager's house just replaces the old one, or does it get the same random placement as regular new move-ins?
I don't personally know how it works. Just reading what the internet is saying.

They were right about the sitting on rocks thing, so I trust them on this as well.

• Locked thread