Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

So is Wisp a once per town thing or a one per player?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

About finding the lamp? One lamp per player. Found the lamp on three of my four villagers now, all during the day (but on three separate in game days).

:wooper: Balloon presents drop more than just the crappy balloon furniture now! :wooper: I shot one down for a MEOW coupon quest, and it dropped a shanty wall.

New Buttopia dream address:
5D00-000F-A617

Buttopia is uh, still back in March.
...March 2013. Wait, that can't be right. Did I time travel back one year too far? poo poo, do I need to TT jump a year to March 2014 instead? How do I safely do that with the least possibility of losing a villager?

EDIT:
Turns out I totally TTed too far backward, so I'm just going to do a handful of big jumps forward to hit the holidays I've never seen once, then finally jump back to the present. It turned out it was a lot of work to make sure no villagers moved out per jumps, so unfortunately I'm going to have to minimize how many jumps I gotta do. :( Sorry about that.

I like visiting people, but first I'm going to get back to the present and clear out room to add more AC goon FCs. I'll repost my FC then.

Also I think this list of spare gyroids I have is up to date? If anyone needs any of those gyroids let me know.

Squats fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Nov 3, 2016

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Giant Boy Detective posted:

:wooper: Balloon presents drop more than just the crappy balloon furniture now! :wooper: I shot one down for a MEOW coupon quest, and it dropped a shanty wall.

Oh heck yeah this is the best part of the update

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Dizz, quitte, mooks, macdoo, solaris, gmq, genovera, giant boy detective. You have all been added. Please add me back. My FC is 1005-9371-4550

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Crawfish posted:

Apparently if you invite an amiibo villager in when your town is full, you get to choose who to evict from your town.

Oooooh my goooood!

I might actually want to get back into this game. :(

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Since some one confirmed the Monster hunter amiibo I decide to try the Villager amiibo and this is what I got.

He can't posses a legend but Wisp will take the Villager place with nintendo items.

Also by the way you can honk horns

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Man, I really hope I can find this darn lamp. No luck so far. What am I looking for?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Aerofallosov posted:

Man, I really hope I can find this darn lamp. No luck so far. What am I looking for?

I walked around for ages without finding anything, but then I timeskipped ahead one day and found it within seconds of leaving my house. It's not a treasure hunt, you'll get a message popping up on your screen directing you to the lamp.

I think you just need to wait a day for it to happen after updating.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Your Computer posted:

I walked around for ages without finding anything, but then I timeskipped ahead one day and found it within seconds of leaving my house. It's not a treasure hunt, you'll get a message popping up on your screen directing you to the lamp.

Yeah, it was just outside my house but only after a day had passed.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

Your Computer posted:

Huh, I updated yesterday. Oh well, here's to hoping RNG smiles upon me.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Make sure you have inventory space open to actually carry the lamp too, I don't think it spawns if your inventory is full

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Omfg that DS bench.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Wait so how do I activate the Happy Home style furniture rearrangement?

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Talk to Nook and tell him to build a Secret Storage in your house. Wait a day, and go back to Nook homes. Lottie will be there to give you the tutorial and unlock it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

rhoga posted:

Talk to Nook and tell him to build a Secret Storage in your house. Wait a day, and, go back to Nook homes and Lottie will give you the tutorial.

Can you only do this after fully upgrading your home?

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Nope. As far as I know, you just need to be able to add rooms to your house. You should be able to do it after a couple of upgrades.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Wait so how do I activate the Happy Home style furniture rearrangement?

You need to visit Tom Nook and get the Secret Storage upgrade, once that's done, when you go to Nook's Homes, Lottie will be there to teach you how to rearrange furniture.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

What does Secret Storage do exactly? Is it another room? Or is it just an inventory list?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kelp Plankton posted:

What does Secret Storage do exactly? Is it another room? Or is it just an inventory list?

It is a storage space that is separate from the one you get from opening dressers and the like. I think you can only access it from the touch screen while in your house.

FrictionlessEmu
Jan 24, 2011

If someone else invites an amiibo villager to camp in their town, and then I go and visit that villager's RV, can I invite them to live in my town? I really want to get some of the Zelda villagers but I don't have any LoZ amiibo, so I'm curious if I can do it by leeching off of someone else. :v:

Kelp Plankton posted:

Just an inventory list. It shows up next to the lightswitch on the touchscreen when you're inside your house.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Kelp Plankton posted:

It's like how your private closet inventory worked before only it's separate from that so you can only access it from home, but it gives you...let's see four sections with nine slides that can hold ten ten things in each one of those...

That's 360 new spaces to store your poo poo with.

Edit: Okay here's something I wanna know. Can any potential town NPC like Nook or Blathers show up in the campground now once you've gotten Wisp to fill in for them? Can they show up in the daily spot that doesn't require any amiibo or do they need to be possessed to go on a break?

Viewtiful Jew fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 3, 2016

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is there a list of the people who can show up in the daily spot? I've gotten Pavé, then Zipper... then Pavé.. then Zipper. :(

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I had Natt day one, Booker is my second day dude.

I've seen Blanca in videos and my friend had Wendell the other day.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

It's like how your private closet inventory worked before only it's separate from that so you can only access it from home, but it gives you...let's see four sections with nine slides that can hold ten ten things in each one of those...

That's 360 new spaces to store your poo poo with.

Edit: Okay here's something I wanna know. Can any potential town NPC like Nook or Blathers show up in the campground now once you've gotten Wisp to fill in for them? Can they show up in the daily spot that doesn't require any amiibo or do they need to be possessed to go on a break?

The big town NPC's like Isabelle or a solo shopkeeper can show up in the camp ground if you scan them in, but their shop/what they run closes for that day as it's "a day off for us!"

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

I got duplicates of every letter I received in the mail when I linked up my HHA data...

If you guys are expecting mail and want to double down, I suggest you link HHA before you sign in

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Ordered the 3DS and Wii U console from Isabelle's RV today, looking forward to playing the mini games! Also very happy that I can now order a giant inflatable resetti from the catalogue! Yay update!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I had Copper first, then Pave, then Blanca. I guess it's random? I do like that all the RVs are different outside, it's fun to try and guess who it is.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Added Genovera and BattyKiara!

Also I'm going to open my gates in a few for anyone whos interested in ordering items from Isabelle! in her camper.

Feel free to take whatever is on the ground.

E: gates open. I am afk.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there anyone who can help me pay off the Resetti Center? I started building it two years ago before stopping the game, and in the years since only 7000 been paid. I had the money for it from interest, but I used that to pay off Nook to get the Secret Safe.

Rirse
2964-8743-5111

Rirse fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 3, 2016

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Dizz posted:

Added Genovera and BattyKiara!

Also I'm going to open my gates in a few for anyone whos interested in ordering items from Isabelle! in her camper.

Feel free to take whatever is on the ground.

E: gates open. I am afk.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Amazing!

Also gates are closed.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Hi everyone, I would like some AC friends :) I started a few years ago but took very long breaks and never played with others much, but I've been waiting to come back with the update and I'd love it if I could make some pals, visit some towns, touch some things!

I'm Peach and my town is Kashima, I've done basically no decorating or anything but I do have a number of different fruit trees around my house and Re-Tail, so you can feel free to take some to grow or sell if you see them, just don't take all the perfect oranges :) Other than that you can pretty much take anything random you find (I probably won't even notice). I sleep weird hours so I may time travel now and then, I'll probably open my town at random times but I'll post here when I do. I also recently got HHD so I might share some pics from that!

FC: 4227-1715-7066 let me know you added and I'll add you back! Also Diva is asking for signatures for Bunny vs Rabbit today, if anyone would like to help with that :3:

Quitte
Nov 2, 2011

nee-deep

Added you guys. My FC: 1418-6690-5893

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

There's a ton of little touches in the trailer park like you can dance in front of the fire when it's lit and even feed birds if you have beans from the Japanese exclusive bean day holiday.

Apparently there's new animations for interacting with some items too. It's going to take a while for people to notice all the new little touches the update adds.:3:

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Did you know you can sit on ROCKS???

I feel like I got a brand new game

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Quitte posted:

Added you guys. My FC: 1418-6690-5893

The gates are now open. :toot:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I guess there were some things they just couldn't do in the game as it was like redoing the entire "Floor Grid" so that you could place items in-between squares like you could in HHD. Same goes for being able to place items anywhere on top of other items instead of being limited to just two/four areas depending on how big the table is.

They also didn't add the quick remodeling feature for items which would have been an awesome addition, but would have made Cyrus useless as a character.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard

Looks like my roommate Fifth is back into playing this game. Hey Silver, are you returning, too? If so, then I might bite. Glad to see you guys back, too, Giant Boy Detective and Rhoga! :)

Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

New update is so good, can't wait to redo all my paths to fit the new campsite entrance and reorganise all my storage and redecorate all my houses oh gosh.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard

Becklespinax posted:

New update is so good, can't wait to redo all my paths to fit the new campsite entrance and reorganise all my storage and redecorate all my houses oh gosh.

Oh gosh, you're back, too? It's so nice to see the old gang again.

OK, fine, I'll fire up my old game again. ><

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I updated my town and my dream address, if you'd like to visit a very well-planned town with hidden secrets buried here or there, come visit my Town dream and haunt my villagers: 4D00-0010-039C

• Locked thread