Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

of couse its Eli loving Roth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

RVProfootballer posted:

I remember a more in depth article by someone in the administration, but this is all I could find right this second that debunks the fact that many people will see increases. Subsidies will rise, and prices are where they were expected to be anyway because insurance companies under priced stuff initially : http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/10/24/499190020/rates-rise-again-for-obamacare-health-plans-but-so-do-subsidies

gently caress that. My husband and I run a small but moderately prosperous business. As self-employed people, Obamacare is our only option. As people who are not poor, we get subsidies of "gently caress" and "all" and our premiums for a modest family plan are crippling.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

lol unsurprising but I meant in games.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

of couse its Eli loving Roth

Bruce Willis starring is also a no brainer.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Rosalind posted:

Mass Effect and Dragon Age have leading women and I refuse to believe anything otherwise is canon.

if i wanted to play a game series when i play as a shaved head mid-30s white dude voiced by troy baker, i'd play literally any other video game.

femshep 4 lyfe

RVProfootballer posted:

I remember a more in depth article by someone in the administration, but this is all I could find right this second that debunks the fact that many people will see increases. Subsidies will rise, and prices are where they were expected to be anyway because insurance companies under priced stuff initially : http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/10/24/499190020/rates-rise-again-for-obamacare-health-plans-but-so-do-subsidies

Also remembered reading that the biggest increases were in states with the lowest current premiums. Am I missing anything big or is all that relatively true? Like you say, some people will have prices go up somewhat, but most will be relatively unaffected?

honestly it wouldn't surprise me at this point to find out that the insurance industry was deliberately sabotaging the ACA so that it'd get repealed.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

greatn posted:

Speaking of Ghostbusters, I bought Dan Ackroyd Crystal Head Vodka for election night.

What drinks should I make? I figured I would use tomato juice to make Bloody Marys when a swing state goes red, but was wondering about blue states. ABC also what I should do in case McMullin wins Utah.

If he wins Utah make everybody chug a glass of milk.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ReV VAdAUL posted:

fair enough, just the Death Wish name drop reminded me of it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

If he wins Utah make everybody chug a glass of milk.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

ReV VAdAUL posted:

Last of Us?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Spaced God posted:

gently caress the south, gently caress the GOP, gently caress this election

georgia has early voting and absentee for any reason. new york state doesn't

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

BarbarianElephant posted:

gently caress that. My husband and I run a small but moderately prosperous business. As self-employed people, Obamacare is our only option. As people who are not poor, we get subsidies of "gently caress" and "all" and our premiums for a modest family plan are crippling.

Not that your premiums would be any less, but can you not buy individual plans form other insurance agencies when you're self employed?

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

MacheteZombie posted:

fair enough, just the Death Wish reminded me of it.

In a way it is surprising this hasn't come sooner after Occupy. ~Millenials~ have been demonised so heavily for years now by boomers too.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Instant Sunrise posted:

honestly it wouldn't surprise me at this point to find out that the insurance industry was deliberately sabotaging the ACA so that it'd get repealed.

That is exactly what has been going on since it became law but the Democrats are too good for ~conspiracy theories~

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Mr. Belding posted:

Yes, that poster was mistaken. What he ought to have said is "your father is not a decent person."

Nah, don't sugarcoat it. You can be very competent and skilled in your area of expertise and still be a dumb motherfucker. My uncle designs aircraft engines and shamed himself by sending around to the family a 'white paper' debunking climate change that was so shockingly poorly done that other family members whose last education was high school could spot the errors.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

The dream is dead. Ignore this fellow Texans and don't stay home if you haven't voted already.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Who What Now posted:

Games like Gears of War, God of War, all the CoD's, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, the Uncharted series, and more all star dudes that appear to be in their mid to late 30s.

Dragon Age? You look to be in your 20s. and its open ended. Mass effect I would say you are at the oldest 35 (Also gently caress them for making Male Shepherd on all the box art). I can't answer for FPS because I don't play them as anything outside Halo doesn't interest me. Also Uncharted is great even if its the male version of Tomb Raider.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 3, 2016

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Mc Do Well posted:

That is exactly what has been going on since it became law but the Democrats are too good for ~conspiracy theories~

Yeah the whole hyped up rate increase in early November was not loving subtle.

Remind me to post some of the amazing shitshow that is McCrory accepting an award for how good a job Medicaid did in NC the same day he sabotaged obamacare by refusing subsidies because it wasn't in a good state for expansion.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
We had a psychology prof give a talk today and she showed a slide with this pic:

It made me think of you guys.

Feinne posted:

Nah, don't sugarcoat it. You can be very competent and skilled in your area of expertise and still be a dumb motherfucker. My uncle designs aircraft engines and shamed himself by sending around to the family a 'white paper' debunking climate change that was so shockingly poorly done that other family members whose last education was high school could spot the errors.
It takes an intelligent person to come up with the dumbest ideas.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Like, if the Dems continue to nominate people mcmagic types can't see in the mirror we're going to permanently lose a segment of white male voters. I personally am fine with that and I think the demographic changes can absorb it, but we should brace ourselves now for some panic a few cycles on when people start to notice the exodus.

As a white male voter who's not part of that demographic : gently caress 'em. They had decades of everything their way, now they can get used to not being the sole focus of the entire country.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Cingulate posted:

It takes an intelligent person to come up with the dumbest ideas.

GLaDOS: He's the product of the greatest minds of a generation working together with the express purpose of building the dumbest moron who ever lived.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

It's totally fine, great if you like improv which I kinda don't. There's one joke that had me dying though

Haven't seen it, but that's pretty much what I've heard. The director apparently was banking on a funny dynamic between four funny comedians creating a funny result, and I just don't think it happened.

I did hear that Leslie Jones was way better than the previews suggested.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

There are all these insane interdependencies with movie sales too. A lot of really lucrative stuff (like in-flight movies) is dependent on the movie being an "official" major American film, which is why you occasionally see stuff hit the theaters here that was blatantly never intended for American audiences (Rio's always my go-to example here, but there are lots of others, especially anything that looks like it could be a tv movie except for some aging A-lister starring).

Wait, what? That was just to grab international markets? Didn't Rio 2 also hit theaters?

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Parent chat

Bad news: My mom has horrible opinions backed up with even worse reasoning.I had to spend some time with my mom a few weeks ago. Despite my best intention to not bring up anything political, she does a horrible job reading a room and started sharing with me. She hates Hillary, doesn't really like Donald but at least he's not Hillary. In between her vitriolic diatribes about Hillary she stated "I guess I'd prefer a businessman over another attorney." She also said "Lord, please just give me Ben Carson."

Good news: She currently lives in Oregon, so it don't loving matter nationally how bad her views are.

Better news: My dad & step-mom who live in Colorado are both progressive as gently caress. My mom's twin (a retired attorney who supports my financially) and 2 other sisters also live in Colorado and at least one is progressive as gently caress, and the other I think is at least left leaning (she and I have talked politics once or twice).

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ImpAtom posted:

He's also done a lot of BIG NEWS (complete nothing) stories too.

Known Twitter Troll Rick Wilson thinks it's big. Given what Kurt has reported before, I suspect it may be one of the two stories Rick has been hinting at.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

greatn posted:

what I should do in case McMullin wins Utah.
Drink either caffeine-free Diet Coke or some Postum.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is there a reason why the most recent polls are narrow compared to Early October's? Does it even matter at this point?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Wasn't Portland , Oregon started as a town for whites only.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Like, if the Dems continue to nominate people mcmagic types can't see in the mirror we're going to permanently lose a segment of white male voters. I personally am fine with that and I think the demographic changes can absorb it, but we should brace ourselves now for some panic a few cycles on when people start to notice the exodus.

You really are a complete moron aren't you? Did you just forget the last 2 presidentials where the democrats nominated a black guy with a Muslim name who won twice, easily? Race and sex has nothing to do with this.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I did hear that Leslie Jones was way better than the previews suggested.

this part is definitely true

Grouchio posted:

Is there a reason why the most recent polls are narrow compared to Early October's? Does it even matter at this point?

tons of reasons, too many to truly go into in one post but for starters:

1) media got tired of "Trump is losing bigly!" narrative
2) effects of debates and Access Hollywood tape wore off
3) it's very likely that pollsters are loving up. Not all of them, and we won't know how until after the election, but not all of these polls can be right
4) HRC back in the media spotlight due to Comey (her supporters didn't care but it prob put some ind/und back in Trump's court)

emdash fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Nov 3, 2016

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Adding this to my file of evidence I keep to support my theory that the only people who use "frankly" are humongous pricks.

Same for "facetious," weirdly. I haven't figured that one out yet.

You're onto something here

The Deplorable Debbie Eberly posted:

"I didn’t have a problem with the Birther issue. Frankly, I was proud that he did that."

"But I would never be proud of Hillary. Unless she totally recanted, repented — and frankly, if she did that, she would reveal what’s she’s done, and she’d be in prison."

"Frankly, I would rather be in a room with Trump alone any day of the week."

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Grouchio posted:

Emails and the lack of major national news involving Trump causing soft-Republican voters to go back to Trump and soft Hillary voters to be less likely to vote.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Obama is a man

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

fosborb posted:

Wait, what? That was just to grab international markets? Didn't Rio 2 also hit theaters?

Sure, for the same reason. Rio did fine in the states but it was built from the ground up for the international market. There's way more awareness of carnivale internationally, not just in South America but in Europe where it takes on a lot of the connotations we hold for Mardi Gras and Vegas

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

greatn posted:

Obama is a man

hosed up, if true.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

smug n stuff posted:

*ahem*
Actually, Oregon is good and not racist.

What? I mean, Oregon is good, but not racist? Get the gently caress out of here.

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V

Rosalind posted:

Sure. I just want to be clear that my dad is not a bad person--generally he really looks out for people he considers friends and family and is constantly doing pretty selfless things. He just has really stupid political opinions for some reason. I don't really get it.

So loving sick of this type of thinking. We all stand around the water cooler with people who would have been voting for Hitler or supported Japanese internment or whatever and then make excuses and say "but they're not bad people". No, they are bad people. The fact that they do the right thing when it's easy like helping people they love doesn't mean poo poo. Being a good person is about doing the right thing when it's scary or hard or both. Helping out someone you already love and trust when you have the means readily available is a fine thing to do, but all but the worst people would do it! Helping out someone when they are different from you and scary and you know it's going to hurt your bottom line is HARD and that's what people like your father won't and can't do, and that's why they aren't good enough to be "not a bad person."

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

"[img posted:

http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/c6/c7/00057898.0007.jpg[/img]" post="466059918"]
You really are a complete moron aren't you? Did you just forget the last 2 presidentials where the democrats nominated a black guy with a Muslim name who won twice, easily? Race and sex has nothing to do with this.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I bet if Obama wasn't literally the most gifted and talented orator and campaigner in two generations you'd have been bitching and moaning they didn't pick Howard Dean or whatever the gently caress.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

There are all these insane interdependencies with movie sales too. A lot of really lucrative stuff (like in-flight movies) is dependent on the movie being an "official" major American film, which is why you occasionally see stuff hit the theaters here that was blatantly never intended for American audiences (Rio's always my go-to example here, but there are lots of others, especially anything that looks like it could be a tv movie except for some aging A-lister starring).

Couple pages back, sorry.

I thought this line of reasoning was why that god-awful Warcraft movie was made as well.

I lived in Taipei for a year then in Beijing a few years back, and while cinema in TW was great for foreign releases (also assigned seating in movies like arclight :3), in China, Western movies were...interesting. I saw Iron Man 3 with some friends, and they spliced in some scenes solely for Chinese audiences, and they were a bit jarring. OTOH, the bit in the beginning where that 'Blue' song is playing was dubbed in with Chinese singing, which was kickass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Parent Chat: I told my dad that Obama was dedicated to hiring a lot of persons with disabilities which I am. I'm interviewing shortly. Any way his response was that was discrimination.

• Locked thread