Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

stump collector posted:

i assumed it was some sort of dog galt poo poo post

Me [21F] with my housemate [21F]. She's been leaving her dog poo poo in a giant pile outside my door for weeks and I'm at my wit's end.

quote:

I live in a house with 4 other girls. My roommate is my good friend, but we aren't very close with the other girls. Those three are best friends. The dog poo poo girl, Kat, just moved in last month. I've never really liked her but I'm moving out soon so I didn't really care. I love my roommate though and she's gonna be with them next year. My roommate is currently out of town.

So we had some issues with our trashcans a couple whiles back and they were overflowing and we missed trash pickup. Kat had already left some dog poo poo by my door (which leads to outside) before and I called her on it and she told me she was trying to toss it into the trashcan and missed (it landed perfectly on the little fence ledge so I doubt that.) I've tried to cut her some slack because of the trashcan issue but now this pile is is huge. There are probably 30 dog shits in bags in a pile, all over the ground, some hanging in the bushes.

Her little loving stock pile is maybe (I. Am. Not. Exaggerating.) 2 steps from the trashcan. Today I couldn't handle it anymore and sent a text in that said "Excuse my language, but why is there a giant pile of dog poo poo outside mine and [roommate's] door?" with a picture of the pile up. My roommate texted in that she was wondering too, and another girl said that she hadn't noticed it and asked how long it had been there and I said weeks. I sent it in at 11:30am and Kat never responded.

Just now I was sitting in my room and saw her go outside. I watched through my window, and she put all the dog poo poo into a paper bag and LEFT IT IN THE SAME loving SPOT. I cannot stress this enough, the trashcan is literally empty and a couple steps away. If you can't tell, I'm HEATED. Who in their right mind thinks this is acceptable? How does this even happen?! Who thinks that is the equivalent of cleaning? She didn't even applogize!

All she ever does is sit in her room and I don't know her too well so I'm kind of afraid to confront her. I'm a tiny girl and this girl has about 5 inches on me and weighs maybe 250lbs.

I would like help formulating a proper text or finding the right way to grow a pair and speak to her about this before I go dump all the poo poo out in front of her bedroom door.

Thanks

TLDR: Housemate has been leaving dogshit outside my door and when I finally told her to clean it, she just put it all in a bag and left it in the same place despite the empty trashcan being 2 steps away. How do I calmly tell her she needs to clean her poo poo up and apologize?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

i still dont fully understand what a "cleanse" is, what "toxins" it gets rid of or how weird juices and hosed up drinks with like honey and cayenne pepper help

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tolkien minority posted:

i still dont fully understand what a "cleanse" is, what "toxins" it gets rid of or how weird juices and hosed up drinks with like honey and cayenne pepper help

Toxins is a made up bullshit word created to sell you stuff that doesn't do anything. "Toxic" is a real word describing things that will hurt you if consumed.

The idea that humans are living our lives with "toxins" in us that we have to remove with pills/crystals/etc is insane. We remove bad poo poo from our system by, you know, making GBS threads it out.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

My[22M] roommate [23M] wants to "decorate" the living room with swords and anime posters. I am not okay with this.

quote:

After my roommate Arnold and I had been living together for about a month, I realized a few things: 1. Arnold is messy 2. He likes to "decorate", but in a very slapdash ineffective way.

A few weeks ago, when Arnold noticed that I bought new clocks to hang on the walls in the house, he wanted to contribute to the decorating as well. He asked me if he could help, and I said "Sure, why not" and I didn't think anything of it.

He goes to his closet, and when he comes back he has these goddamn McDonald's toy Pokemon plush dolls, and a giant Pikachu piggy bank. He places them on top of the bookcase and says, "There! It looks a lot better now, right?" I say yes, through gritted teeth.

I think they make the whole room look tacky and horrible(not to mention the fact that I think it screams immaturity to any guest who visits), but I keep my mouth shut because I want to keep the peace.

Recently though, Arnold has been wanting to add more "decorations". He has a large collection of swords in his room that he's collected from various anime conventions that he's attended, and one of his friends noticed that the living room looked barren (In other words, clean. Or tidy. How it's loving supposed to look). So he suggested that he could have an "awesome-looking" sword display in the living room.

So one day, I come home and Arnold has already hung 8 swords along the wall. He's obviously very proud of the display, and he tells me how much of an improvement it is.

No. No loving way. Swords?? Hell no. People will think a psychopath lives here. I begrudgingly tell Arnold that it looks "fine", though.

I honestly don't know what to do at this point. Arnold has already told me that he plans on hanging some anime posters up in the living room as well. What if I want to bring a girl home? Or my parents? The living room is NOT a place for those things. He needs to keep that poo poo in his bedroom.

TL;DR Roommate wants swords and anime posters on display in the living room. I think they look tacky and frightening to any "normal" person who might walk into the house.

Bonus nerd poo poo: :woop:

People think I'm [23/M] either trans or gay because I choose female characters/avatars in video games

quote:

I'm a straight guy. I feel perfectly comfortable being a man and do not have any desires to become a woman in real life nor do I have any desires to be with another man.

When I play games, I like to choose female characters. Especially when you have to create your own characters. It's just more fun o play as a female character. I don't feel the need to "relate" to my avatar, I enjoy the fantasy aspect of it just being fantasy and nothing to do with real life.

My friends used to make fun of me in the beginning with games like World of Warcraft many years ago. It didn't bother me one bit cause that's how we all treat each other, we make fun of each other and tease each other and it was all fun and good.

However, with the recent Pokemon GO app things have turned weird. I picked a female avatar like I always do and some of my friends who usually don't play games started playing as well. They found it weird that I had a female avatar. Some of them started asking me intimate questions like "are you feeling okay with your gender?" or do you have any problems that you are too ashamed to mention? They all refer to my avatar and how strange it is. I keep denying it but they never believe me. What can I tell them?

TL;DR: I like having female avatars in video games. People don't get it and thing I want to change my gender or question my sexuality.

Tolkien minority posted:

You can probably build up a lot of bad times in your liver and kidneys, but I bet not eating garbage and treating your body like a pile of poo poo would be more helpful than an $11 protein shake or whatever.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Regulation Size posted:

People think I'm [23/M] either trans or gay because I choose female characters/avatars in video games

Something something obsession with gender politics something something

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

WampaLord posted:

Toxins is a made up bullshit word created to sell you stuff that doesn't do anything. "Toxic" is a real word describing things that will hurt you if consumed.

The idea that humans are living our lives with "toxins" in us that we have to remove with pills/crystals/etc is insane. We remove bad poo poo from our system by, you know, making GBS threads it out.

If anything, you'd need a cleanse for the toxic alcohol you just consumed in your cleanse cocktail. Hmm, not a bad way to sell more cocktails.

E: if playing female characters in video games (or, gasp, tabletop RPGs) made you gay, I'd be rolling deep in dicks right about now. I love badass female characters and quick and clever ones too. I had a crush on Sorcia from Willow and Ellen Ripley from Alien, among others, when I was little. So, yeah, I like to play as some of my favorite characters, I guess. FemmeShep 4 life. Jennifer Hale is having none of your space poo poo today.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Nov 3, 2016

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

And finally, a feel-good story:

I (16F) want to disobey parents (48M/F) for the first time.

quote:

Ok long story short. My parents are the very overprotective "tiger" type parents. They 100% forbid me playing video games, and I've complied with them since I was 12. I really want to get the new 3DS with Pokemon. I talked to them recently about it and they still 100% forbid me playing games.

I am an overachiever, I maintain a 95% average and will be entering university next year. I work very hard, and I have saved up $10.4k from summer jobs ($4.3k this year) and I really want to treat myself to something I have wanted for a long time.

My parents both work all day, so i would be able to conceal the 3DS from them, and they would never know I got it. This would be the first time in my life that I ever "rebelled" against my parents. Should I? I can go and purchase it tomorrow if I want to. But the question is... SHOULD I? I feel like I would be betraying my parents' trust, but I have been under their control for my whole life and I've had enough. But if I get it, and make sure they don't know about it, it won't hurt, will it? Please help, have any of you been in this sort of situation?

Edit: I also have a game that I play on my laptop that my parents don't know about. I will be bringing in $250 from that this month so I will be using my game money that I made to purchase the 3DS.

tl;dr: 16 year old girl has very controlling overprotective parents who forbids video games, but wants to disobey them and purchase a 3DS.

quote:

UPDATE!

Okay, first, I want to thank you all for your support and wonderful advice. I've went ahead and bought it. I literally just bought it 10 minutes ago. I haven't touched it yet, and won't until maybe even a few days from now when I am 100% sure I will not be caught or seen doing it. I paid $270 cash, for the 3DS XL and a Pokemon X game, and I feel on top of the world. My parents 100% forbid video games in my house, but I have been wanting one forever and this is the first time I have defied them in my life.

I am feeling a mixture between happiness for doing something I've wanted for quite a long time, sadness for betraying my parents (which I never do) and a feeling I've never felt before... "rebellish". I fully understand the consequences of my situation with my parents, so I will be taking all precautions.. and extra to hide my little secret. I have a PERFECT hiding spot for it, and I have decided I will study even more than I usually do and help lots extra with chores to make up for betraying my parents. I will resist the temptation to play it whenever I want, and will only play it for 30 minutes to 1 hour before I sleep. (when they think I'm already sleeping)

I would like to say.. THANK YOU ALL AGAIN for your support! This is an awesome community. PLEASE comment and let me know what you think. I also would love more advice as to how I should proceed with my situation. Thank you all so much.

tl;dr: I bought the 3DS and game I've wanted! :D

:3:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Pvt.Scott posted:

If anything, you'd need a cleanse for the toxic alcohol you just consumed in your cleanse cocktail. Hmm, not a bad way to sell more cocktails.

That's pretty much how this stuff works. Oh, you're not an immortal paragon of good health? Here, try a cleanse/chiropractic adjustment/crystal doodad!

Wait, you're still not an immortal paragon of good health? Well it's been 24 hours since your last cleanse/chiropractic adjustment/crystal doodad, time for another round!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Regulation Size posted:

And finally, a feel-good story:

I (16F) want to disobey parents (48M/F) for the first time.

:3:

Baby's first teenage rebellion. Aww.

Another failed open relationship!

Me [29F] with my husband[32M] of 3 years. He wanted an open relationship but isn't handling it well.

quote:

My husband and i have been dating for 6 years, married for 3. In general, we get along really well, have good sex, are happy, etc. but about a year ago, he started to get 'restless.' He said that the idea of only being with one person for the rest of his life was weighing heavily on him. He was pretty hurtful about how he brought it up, and I didn't react well, but we went to counseling and talked it out and I started to realize what he meant. It makes sense; people have lots of different diverse needs and the idea that one person could meet all your needs forever is slim. Okay. If he hadn't brought it up, I may not have ever thought that way, but once he brought it up, it made me curious.

So, it turns out that he had a crush on a coworker and initially brought up an open relationship with her in the back of his mind. Once we agreed to our terms and decided to start dating, he went for it, and she shot him down HARD. I'm not exaggerating. She laughed in his face, and gossiped to other women at work. It was overall a pretty humiliating/traumatic experience for him, and I was empathetic to a point, but this woman is also 25 and a dead ringer for Marilyn Monroe and looks like she was created in a machine like in "Weird Science." He's a 32 year old cute geek. It would be like me asking out Brad Pitt or something.

So, because of that trauma, I was slow to pursue any dating options, and wanted to make sure he was okay first. I know if this is going to work we need to be conscious of each others' emotions and stuff. When he bounced back, he decided to make an OkCupid profile to meet women. I decided to make one to meet women and men (I identified as bisexual before we met, but obviously haven't been with a woman since I met my husband).

Well, I'm not sure what it is, but people went nuts for me on OkCupid. I have to admit that it was a lot of fun. I went on a lot of dates and had a handful of really exciting/sexy hookups and ended up meeting a 'steady hang' who we'll call Tim. Tim is married and has another girlfriend, plus he lives about 45 minutes away, so we only see each other once or twice a month, but we talk/text and have a pretty healthy relationship (and really good sex a few times a month). A few months later, I met a second 'steady hang' who we'll call Jace. He is FtM transgender, early in his transition. We really clicked and have a slightly more serious relationship than Tim and I, and we have a date night about once a week and a sleepover a few times a month. Jace and I have exchanged "I love yous" and I'm really happy with him. I go on other dates/have other hookups here and there, but I'm not really looking for anyone else I'd call a 'partner.' These three relationships have me pretty busy!

I imagine you can see where this is going. My husband hasn't had much luck at all on OkCupid. Or PoF. Or Craigslist. He briefly dated a woman we'll call Wendy, but she dumped him after almost 3 months to be exclusive with another man. He also dated a woman we'll call Brittany for a month, but she ghosted him. I've helped him look over his profile and messages, and he just comes off really pretentious and condescending online (not how he is in real life AT ALL), and I personally think he contacts women who are too young and too 'hot' for him, and he should manage his expectations. I think my husband is super cute, but he and I are both pretty average looking, and most of our 'charm' lies in our personalities. But hey, if he's going to do it, he should be with who he wants to be with. I've given him profile feedback and he changed it a little, but not much.

The problem lies in the fact that he keeps trying to impose rules on my relationships and moving the goal posts based on jealousy; not jealousy that these men are 'stealing me away' but jealousy that I'm having fun and he isn't. I follow all the rules he imposes, no matter how unfair: I don't make dates on Saturdays. If he asks me to cancel a date, I cancel within reason. Only two sleepovers with a person per month. No being anyone's wedding date. There's many more, but these ones are important to mention because he imposed them after I started dating people, and...

He breaks these rules himself! Always with the excuse that he 'barely gets to date' and I'm 'lucky' and if he followed those rules, he'd NEVER 'get' to date. He was Wendy's date to her SISTER's wedding. He slept over at Brittany's several times a week. He frequently agrees to Saturday dates if women ask him.

Lately, as I've been getting closer with Jace, he's started to feel more threatened and keeps trying to impose rules that I feel are unfair and are JUST being set to impede my relationships, not because he feels uncomfortable. He's decided Jace and I should only have one overnight per month, and decided he doesn't want me to sleep at Jace's house and wants us to get a hotel room. He also decided that he doesn't want me to meet Jace's family, something Jace and I were both looking forward to.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. My husband and I get along great still, we spend a lot of time together (almost every night!), we are having even more sex than before. I priortize him before other partners, and I do little things to make him feel special. That's why it's hurtful to me that he seems to be trying to make my time 'less fun' just because he isn't having that much fun, when he's the one who wanted this in the first place.

We already see a counselor together and I'm not sure what to do, or if I should see her alone to talk about it.

TLDR: My husband asked for an open relationship, and now that we have one, he is pouty because I'm having more success than him. He keeps imposing rules on my relationships that he doesn't follow himself, and it seems to be out of spite.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

WampaLord posted:

Me [29F] with my husband[32M] of 3 years. He wanted an open relationship but isn't handling it well.

Unsuccessful "open" marriage causing hubby to do things out of spite? Well I never!!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

monogamy owns, y'all

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

This one is my favorite because she's super conscientious and accommodating to her husband but all he can do is keep shooting himself in the dick repeatedly.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Whenever I see one of these "my S/O proposed an open relationship but isn't getting any action" posts all I can think is that the S/O always sounds like a complete rear end in a top hat even when the poster is going out of their way to make them sound good

I mean, I'd be jealous over the Jace thing too, but I also wouldn't propose an open relationship so I could try to nail my completely uninterested coworker

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Zelder posted:

monogamy owns, y'all

Yeah having a GF and not being worried about her sleeping with someone else is exhilarating compared to who I used to end up with.

Dirtbag Diva
May 27, 2005

Zelder posted:

monogamy owns, y'all

Seriously. I love watching drama unfold with my friends that are still dating but that's poo poo you couldn't pay me to deal with again.

Also, I love how these open marriage husbands always go in thinking the only thing holding them back from hooking up with the office hottie is their wife giving permission. I can just imagine how smoothly this guy went into it. They'd probably never even talked before and he hit her up on Slack Chat about how his wife has given him his "hall pass" *eyebrow wiggle gif*.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I really want to see like, that same post, but only from the dudes perspective just to see how insane and twisted things are in his head

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

loquacius posted:

Whenever I see one of these "my S/O proposed an open relationship but isn't getting any action" posts all I can think is that the S/O always sounds like a complete rear end in a top hat even when the poster is going out of their way to make them sound good

I mean, I'd be jealous over the Jace thing too, but I also wouldn't propose an open relationship so I could try to nail my completely uninterested coworker

Yeah, it seems like the better way to go wouldn't be to "open it up" as such and to just boink an agreed upon person if sex with randos was the main thing missing in the relationship. Setting the expectation for anything beyond that ends in massive self-owns and a broken marriage most of the time.

But, what do I know, I've been single for years.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Nooner posted:

I really want to see like, that same post, but only from the dudes perspective just to see how insane and twisted things are in his head

Oh god I wish I could find it, there was one guy whose wife gaslighted him into letting her gently caress other guys because restraining her femininity was sexist. It was sooooo good, better than burningman.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Zelder posted:

monogamy owns, y'all

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Oh god I wish I could find it, there was one guy whose wife gaslighted him into letting her gently caress other guys because restraining her femininity was sexist. It was sooooo good, better than burningman.

Burningman was good because the dude deluded himself, that story just sounds depressing.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Meridian posted:

Burningman was good because the dude deluded himself, that story just sounds depressing.

http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/07/what-open-marriage-taught-one-man-about-feminism.html

"Monogamy meant I controlled her sexual expression, and, not to get all women’s-studies major about it, patriarchal oppression essentially boils down to a man’s fear that a woman with sexual agency is a woman he can’t control. We aren’t afraid of their intellect or their spirit or their ability to bear children. We are afraid that when it comes time for sex, they won’t choose us.

When my wife told me she wanted to open our marriage and take other lovers, she wasn’t rejecting me, she was embracing herself. When I understood that, I finally became a feminist."

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/07/what-open-marriage-taught-one-man-about-feminism.html

"When my wife told me she wanted to open our marriage and take other lovers, she wasn’t rejecting me, she was embracing herself. When I understood that, I finally became a feminist."

jfc ahahahahahahahha

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

loquacius posted:

I also wouldn't propose an open relationship so I could try to nail my completely uninterested coworker

this seems to be the reason (at least in this thread?) that a lot of people try to 'open up' their relationship and I love that it almost always backfires

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

The Snoo posted:

this seems to be the reason (at least in this thread?) that a lot of people try to 'open up' their relationship and I love that it almost always backfires

:agreed:

Dave Stieb
Apr 15, 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Oh god, that one was the most depressing. Even open relationship weirdos were telling him to leave. I remember the article stated with something about toxic masculinity and how he derived his from the fact that his wife only hosed him, so naturally to fight the patriarchy she should be able to gently caress other people?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That one is sad as poo poo and not at all funny, definitely worth reading though

Dave Stieb
Apr 15, 2010

quote:

My open marriage has made heavy demands on my ability to silence the voice of doubt in my head, that gnawing feeling of worthlessness. 

Hmm yes defo proves humans weren't "built" for monogamy

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

WampaLord posted:

Baby's first teenage rebellion. Aww.

Congrats to this dude for sabotaging a perfectly good relationship. I wonder how his single life was before he met his wife.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Nooner posted:

jfc ahahahahahahahha

It's like, sad, but when he writes like that I want bad things to happen to him.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

"Monogamy meant I controlled her sexual expression, and, not to get all women’s-studies major about it, patriarchal oppression essentially boils down to a man’s fear that a woman with sexual agency is a woman he can’t control. We aren’t afraid of their intellect or their spirit or their ability to bear children. We are afraid that when it comes time for sex, they won’t choose us.

When my wife told me she wanted to open our marriage and take other lovers, she wasn’t rejecting me, she was embracing herself. When I understood that, I finally became a feminist."

There's a response article where the selectively picked question to answer, and even the ones they did answer they sort of side stepped to question.

Here it is: http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/07/youre-a-male-feminist-in-an-open-marriage.html

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
While it would suck to deprive your kids fun things, on the other hand having good boundaries with them means they'll rebel in really mundane ways like buying a 3DS with their own money.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

WampaLord posted:

"Cleanse" diets are supposed to help with this because they all inevitably give you watery diarrhea for several weeks, because every trendy health thing inevitably does horrid things to your butthole ("but that's just toxins leaving your body!")

fad diet people are the worst

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
This is one of the ones that's hard to forget. He's a total idiot and probably deserves it for the same reason but Jeezus, he starts out talking about their kids asleep in the other room. Don't hate him, but I don't sympathize either.

The ones to laugh at are people like that photographer tool who had the ted talk and was all "we should have an open marriage" and then treated his girl like poo poo, but it ended up with her getting the house and having a happy family with another man.

Dirtbag Diva
May 27, 2005

Meridian posted:

Yeah, it seems like the better way to go wouldn't be to "open it up" as such and to just boink an agreed upon person if sex with randos was the main thing missing in the relationship. Setting the expectation for anything beyond that ends in massive self-owns and a broken marriage most of the time.

But, what do I know, I've been single for years.

Yeah, I was thinking about that. I guess it's the best possible third option (besides the obvious fourth option of "keep it to yourself and don't gently caress up your marriage") to bring up because saying "I'm bored of having sex with just you but I don't have anybody in mind yet, just anybody not you" and "I picture Marilyn from the office when we're doing it" are pretty harsh.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Gaunab posted:

Congrats to this dude for sabotaging a perfectly good relationship. I wonder how his single life was before he met his wife.

She said he'd been a serial monogamist with 2 girlfriends before her. One from 14-19, one from 20-25, then they met when he was 26.

I have no idea why he thought he'd be a ladies man with no practice, except he's a loving idiot.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

phasmid posted:

This is one of the ones that's hard to forget. He's a total idiot and probably deserves it for the same reason but Jeezus, he starts out talking about their kids asleep in the other room. Don't hate him, but I don't sympathize either.

The ones to laugh at are people like that photographer tool who had the ted talk and was all "we should have an open marriage" and then treated his girl like poo poo, but it ended up with her getting the house and having a happy family with another man.

My favourite example is Jonathan McIntosh I think his name was? He pressured his partner into an open relationship, couldn't get any, declared he was bisexual, and still couldn't get any while his partner was raking in the D.

Edit: :siren:MY GIRLFRIEND:siren: and I like talking about the fantasy of bringing in another girl, but we both agree that we could never share.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Panfilo posted:

While it would suck to deprive your kids fun things, on the other hand having good boundaries with them means they'll rebel in really mundane ways like buying a 3DS with their own money.

yeah in the mean time, but kid is gonna be hosed once they go to college, saw it a ton of times. Bright disciplined excellent student suddenly realizes mom and dad are not there anymore and just go 180 into HOLY poo poo I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT THERE ARE NO CONSEQUENCES!!!!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

My favourite example is Jonathan McIntosh I think his name was? He pressured his partner into an open relationship, couldn't get any, declared he was bisexual, and still couldn't get any while his partner was raking in the D.

Anthony Burch.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

WampaLord posted:

Anthony Burch.

That's right, for some reason the two of them merged in my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

SirSamVimes posted:

Edit: :siren:MY GIRLFRIEND:siren: and I like talking about the fantasy of bringing in another girl, but we both agree that we could never share.

This exactly, we've talked about it (I've been with my girl for 8 years, we also dated another 2 years in college), but both agree that we could not share each other and would get jealous. I'm not a super jealous dude, but I don't think I can handle the reality of some rear end in a top hat trying to make love to her.