Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
The Tri Stars are the worlds deadliest uncles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I just finished the Blue Corps episodes of ZZ. I think this Africa arc of ZZ is even better than most of Zeta. It has Glemy being a maladjusted Napoleon wannabe, political factions outside of the greater war, and Roux being a badass.

Even the side characters were great. Elo becomes disillusioned with his side and takes down about 5 mechs on screen. The artistic genius has some great scenes with Glemy and Roux, and Elpeo Ple actually feels like part of the team. Beecha is a massive shithead as usual.

Oh and Roux gets to pilot the Gundam ZZ and takes out 3 opponents more efficiently than Judau has ever managed.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and say it: I can't stand the worship for the Black Tri-Stars. For whatever reason the fan base has made them out to be more than just villains of the week, and I don't get it.

It doesn't help (for me, anyway) that the dub had them played as rednecks.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm cool with the black tri stars, and I'm super hyped for origin ova animating the zeon all stars vs some guncannon mooks.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Monaghan posted:

I'm cool with the black tri stars, and I'm super hyped for origin ova animating the zeon all stars vs some guncannon mooks.

Well we're going to fight irl, how about that tough guy?????

I kid. We're all Gundamfriends here.:cheers:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

brainwrinkle posted:

I just finished the Blue Corps episodes of ZZ. I think this Africa arc of ZZ is even better than most of Zeta. It has Glemy being a maladjusted Napoleon wannabe, political factions outside of the greater war, and Roux being a badass.

Even the side characters were great. Elo becomes disillusioned with his side and takes down about 5 mechs on screen. The artistic genius has some great scenes with Glemy and Roux, and Elpeo Ple actually feels like part of the team. Beecha is a massive shithead as usual.

Oh and Roux gets to pilot the Gundam ZZ and takes out 3 opponents more efficiently than Judau has ever managed.

Watch out for Elle owning in the Gundam Mark 2, it's a blink-or-you'll miss it kind of thing.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

brainwrinkle posted:

She really should've been the main character. Her or Elle. Judau's meh for me,honestly. He's no Kou,at least.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Judau is great for being a far different kind of person than Amuro or Kamille. His newtype power is always something people can argue about, but I've always enjoyed his personality due to how different he is compared to other Gundam protagonists.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, Judau is a dude from a lovely life with nothing going for him compared to Amuro and Kamille who are both the kids of federation bigwigs who grew up (more or less) with silver spoons in their mouths.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, Judau is a dude from a lovely life with nothing going for him compared to Amuro and Kamille who are both the kids of federation bigwigs who grew up (more or less) with silver spoons in their mouths.

He has also had to be a breadwinner for his little sister and the leader of a miscellaneous gang of street urchins. Despite being younger than both of them he's drastically more mature than either Kamille or Amuro were when they began their journeys, and that's saying something given that Judau's first reaction when he gets into the Zeta is to try to steal it to sell it for scrap.

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

It doesn't help (for me, anyway) that the dub had them played as rednecks.

The redneck accents are what endured me the most to the Tristars, especially Ortega's baffling shrill screaming in Federation vs Zeon on PS2.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
The black tri-stars livery of white-black-purple is incredible for painting kits.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Beecha is the worst. Why do they put up with his antics?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

brainwrinkle posted:

Beecha is the worst. Why do they put up with his antics?
Because he's their friend for some inexplicable reason that defies all forms of understanding, both logical and emotional.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Rewatching the show,I started wishing they'd kill Beecha off unceremoniously and suddenly. Something like this:

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Evidence for ZZ Gundam being a good show:

Judau punching the Federation leaders is extremely good. Also consider Fa saving Bright and Judau from a fire by ramming a jeep into a building. Finally, we have Bright's one liner about why they went to Dublin, "I came to shed tears after being smothered in smoke."

I'm beginning to believe that Gundam ZZ is very good. The first half is tonally inconsistent, but not bad. I'm willing to chalk it up to a weird experiment.

e: Kamille is back, baby! Excited to see how much more suffering he can endure.

brainwrinkle fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 2, 2016

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Dang, the ZZ docking sequence is directly responsible for Hayato's death.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I can't believe Leina faked her own death to get away from Elpeo Ple

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

brainwrinkle posted:

I can't believe Leina faked her own death to get away from Elpeo Ple

Maybe she faked her death to get away from Beecha.

I know I'd fake my death to get away from Beecha.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

Maybe she faked her death to get away from Beecha.

I know I'd fake my death to get away from Beecha.

I'd be tempted to really kill myself to get away from Beecha.

Like Ple 2.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
If she wanted to get away from Beecha, she could have just stayed with Glemy (aka Neo Zeon Beecha)

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

brainwrinkle posted:

If she wanted to get away from Beecha, she could have just stayed with Glemy (aka Neo Zeon Beecha)

Being groomed by Glemy or dying horribly because of Beecha's greed. A horrible choice.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

SeanBeansShako posted:

Being groomed by Glemy or dying horribly because of Beecha's greed. A horrible choice.
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ: A Telltale Game Series.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
No one here is showing the proper respect for Captain Beecha

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Raxivace posted:

Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ: A Telltale Game Series.

Beecha will remember that.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

VolticSurge posted:

Beecha will remember that.

"I guess human sacrifice runs in your family."

Char will remember that.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

You and 70% of players bought flowers from Miharu.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Snooze Cruise posted:

No one here is showing the proper respect for Captain Beecha

That whole bit towards the end is much funnier when you pretend they are just humouring with the guy because he's become so useless. I like to think they give him one of those toy dashboard mock up's for children and tell him it is a super exclusive captains control station.

Because I am loving cruel and I dislike Beecha and Mondo. But I'd still at least be nice to them on a real shite day unlike Monsha.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/NozomiEnt/status/793908003908915200

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Well, that doesn't make F91 good, but it's the best thing they could concievably have done to bring out its good points.

Remastered Turn A is super great, though. That show is a work of art.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I thought if the A is upside down the turn part of the title isn't needed

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Guess they're just releasing A Gundam then. :v:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

That boxart for gundam f91 is super good. Is it from the original movie poster?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Turn A upgrade thing: $25USD/$35CAD with return of the DVD version through March 7, shipping included for US and Shipping+Tax for canada.

https://twitter.com/RyougaSaotome/status/794300170556977156

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Motto posted:

The Turn A upgrade thing: $25USD/$35CAD with return of the DVD version through March 7, shipping included for US and Shipping+Tax for canada.

That's so cool and I'm totally gonna take them up on the offer.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Happy birthday Amuro. Sorry about how your life turned to poo poo and then you died.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Beecha finally stops captaining the Nahel Argama to go out in the Hyaku Shiki. The very next Neo Zeon line is "What's happened? The enemy is suddenly getting more coordinated."

e: omg more Moon Moon next episode, yes!!

brainwrinkle fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 5, 2016

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Tomino turned 75 today and if he makes it another 25 then we can call the past 100 years the Tomino Century.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

In an image of awesome stuff, this is obviously the awesomest.

Also I believe Tomino could see 100 through the power of his disappointment with the world.