Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
There are too many villagers I don't like in my dictatorship happy village, so I wish the update gave you a way of kicking out villagers. If you can truly replace villagers with the amiibo cards though, I guess that's the next best thing (and it actually made me order a couple of cards.)

I sold my old village and started a new one, and almost immediately two dummies showed up in the most inconvenient spots ever. One sat up shop immediately in front of my new bridge, which I didn't even know was possible, and the other took the spot I had planned for the camp site project :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just wanted to confirm that you can have guests kick out current villagers.

I had Wolf Link kill Pango

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Giving players control over villagers via buying randomized booster packs of cards is honestly kind of devious in a real smart way

I'm sure the Switch will get a new AC that supports these cards in the same way this one did too. Keep that train rollin

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Yoshi Jjang posted:

Looks like my roommate Fifth is back into playing this game. Hey Silver, are you returning, too? If so, then I might bite. Glad to see you guys back, too, Giant Boy Detective and Rhoga! :)

I wasn't planning to, but it's nice to see the old gang again. I'm still here, just not actively playing!

What I might do is borrow my husband's game to check out the update.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Kelp Plankton posted:

Giving players control over villagers via buying randomized booster packs of cards is honestly kind of devious in a real smart way

I'm sure the Switch will get a new AC that supports these cards in the same way this one did too. Keep that train rollin

Yeah now I want to buy some of the cards so I can Teddy and Gaston back.

Mooks
Apr 18, 2007

Well! What is it!

I noticed they extended the amount of days it takes for a villager to leave. It used to be around five but they've doubled it.

Not playing in so long made me less attached to my 'finished' town so I'm looking forward to demolishing PWPs and changing things around.

Added:

Rirse posted:

2964-8743-5111

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

FC: 4227-1715-7066

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

I hope there is a Pietro card eventually. He's the dude I was most sad about losing.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kelp Plankton posted:

It's devious as heck! If amazon shipping to my country wasn't so crazy expensive I'd probably buy a ton of cards.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Silver Falcon posted:

I wasn't planning to, but it's nice to see the old gang again. I'm still here, just not actively playing!

What I might do is borrow my husband's game to check out the update.

Welp, it looks like I'm playing again, anyway! I just saw a bunch of the old crew come back, and I feel like I had to. I hope you wake up your town again soon!

Just got to get through the whole update spiel, and then I'll give my factorytown Jamabo a huge clean the next day when I get my secret storage installed.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
One thing I'm gonna wanna check is if the cards I have of characters who also have amiibo figures "Count" as figure villagers and thus will show up at the camp site. Like if I've got a Resetti card will that be enough to have him show up without needing his actual figure?

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just wanted to confirm that you can have guests kick out current villagers.

I had Wolf Link kill Pango

How could you do that to Pango? Pango is a sweetheart.

Mooks
Apr 18, 2007

Well! What is it!

Edit: Read that incorrectly, never mind!

Mooks fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Nov 4, 2016

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

McDragon posted:

I hope there is a Pietro card eventually. He's the dude I was most sad about losing.

Card #356 is Pietro

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Viewtiful Jew posted:

One thing I'm gonna wanna check is if the cards I have of characters who also have amiibo figures "Count" as figure villagers and thus will show up at the camp site. Like if I've got a Resetti card will that be enough to have him show up without needing his actual figure?

Yes, and they'll actually wear whatever costume is on the card in some cases. I know Isabelle can show up in that green dress that came off a magazine if you scan it instead of her figure for example.

jarbv posted:

How could you do that to Pango? Pango is a sweetheart.

I woke up one day and saw that someone was camping- it was Mitzi, one of my favorite villagers. Thrilled I dumped my pockets on the ground and sat there for 10 minutes trying to trigger the move in text before I realized something was wrong. I had 9 villagers so why wasn't it working?

I walked outside and noticed someone moved in without warning me. The house just appeared seeming to skip the building phase.

It was Pango who invited herself over from my friends town. It's kind of hard to forgive that!!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

jivjov posted:

Card #356 is Pietro

oh, do the old cards work as well for getting villagers? I need my sheep buddy to come home

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

McDragon posted:

oh, do the old cards work as well for getting villagers? I need my sheep buddy to come home

They all work.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

McDragon posted:

You should be able to. They just won't have an RV full of stuff you can buy.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Oh man, one of the new Zelda items is the MM moon. That's going directly behind my golden toilet.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I had Natt day one, Booker is my second day dude.

I've seen Blanca in videos and my friend had Wendell the other day.

The big town NPC's like Isabelle or a solo shopkeeper can show up in the camp ground if you scan them in, but their shop/what they run closes for that day as it's "a day off for us!"

Isabelle being allowed a day off only if you use a ghost genie to wish for it is hosed up.

robot roll call posted:

Oh man, one of the new Zelda items is the MM moon. That's going directly behind my golden toilet.

Pics please.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Electric Phantasm posted:

Isabelle being allowed a day off only if you use a ghost genie to wish for it is hosed up.

Pics please.

As soon as it arrives!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So I screwed up by inviting Medli to my village before buying all her stuff, but it seems that not all hope is lost.

I've kept summoning her for Wisp, and although the only option is to get a gift it seems that there's a small chance you'll be gifted one of their related items. I just got the New Hero outfit (Zelda item), which is great since I ordered the New Hero Wig before inviting her. :3:

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 4, 2016

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yes, and they'll actually wear whatever costume is on the card in some cases. I know Isabelle can show up in that green dress that came off a magazine if you scan it instead of her figure for example.

That's nice.

I wonder if anyone's started compiling where you can get all the new furniture so far and just how much new furniture there is.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oh man, I didn't realise you can't buy the Nintendo items from the catalogue. I have Link's hat and tunic, and the pants are in the catalogue taunting me :( Why would they even put that stuff in there if it's just gonna grey out the Confirm button?!

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

you can sit on rocks :aaaaa:

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Hi everyone, I would like some AC friends :) I started a few years ago but took very long breaks and never played with others much, but I've been waiting to come back with the update and I'd love it if I could make some pals, visit some towns, touch some things!

I'm Peach and my town is Kashima, I've done basically no decorating or anything but I do have a number of different fruit trees around my house and Re-Tail, so you can feel free to take some to grow or sell if you see them, just don't take all the perfect oranges :) Other than that you can pretty much take anything random you find (I probably won't even notice). I sleep weird hours so I may time travel now and then, I'll probably open my town at random times but I'll post here when I do. I also recently got HHD so I might share some pics from that!

FC: 4227-1715-7066 let me know you added and I'll add you back! Also Diva is asking for signatures for Bunny vs Rabbit today, if anyone would like to help with that :3:

Rirse posted:

Is there anyone who can help me pay off the Resetti Center? I started building it two years ago before stopping the game, and in the years since only 7000 been paid. I had the money for it from interest, but I used that to pay off Nook to get the Secret Safe.

Rirse
2964-8743-5111

Solaris Knight posted:

Welp, I can't access the secret storage and Happy Home Designer interface until I earn 250 thousand Bells, so add me at 5327-2069-5495

Quitte posted:

Still in the process of sorting through my stuff, I found a bunch of duplicate genuine art / sculptures.
Let me know if anyone needs anything, everything's free of course.

:siren: Also looking for an ancient statue to complete my museum :siren:

edit: FC 1418-6690-5893

edit2: Ken the ninja chicken just slipped me a genuine scary painting

I've added all of you! And goodness, Quitte, I seriously need art because Redd is a little poo poo. It's easier to list what my museum does have: Ancient Statue, Beautiful Statue, Common Painting, Flowery Painting, Motherly Statue, Mystic Statue, Nice Painting, Perfect Painting, Quaint Painting, Scenic Painting, Serene Painting, Warm Painting, and Wistful Painting.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

.TakaM posted:

you can sit on rocks :aaaaa:

You can shake a tree while holding a fishing rod/bug-catching net.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Anybody remember Crapton? A little bit of a dump that everybody just kinda crammed their garbage into and called it a day? I think they called it the loot pile, but that sounds generous to me. I dunno.

Anyway, here's a dream code! Explore the remnants, if'n you feel like it: 4B00-0010-91CB

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

FC: 4227-1715-7066 let me know you added and I'll add you back! Also Diva is asking for signatures for Bunny vs Rabbit today, if anyone would like to help with that :3:

Added you! I'm 3437-3695-2934

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

There are new stuff in the fortune cookies.

I just got a Dalmation from the nintendogs DLC from City Folk, and a refurbished Black Wii U.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/794336010209411072

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I wonder how many towns were destroyed before that tweet.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Gonna have Summers open for a little bit while I afk. Redd's in town, if you're a patron of that sort of thing.
0001-3312-4455

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard

liquidypoo posted:

Anybody remember Crapton? A little bit of a dump that everybody just kinda crammed their garbage into and called it a day? I think they called it the loot pile, but that sounds generous to me. I dunno.

Anyway, here's a dream code! Explore the remnants, if'n you feel like it: 4B00-0010-91CB

I totally remember this! I hope I still have your friend code on my 3DS. Those were super fun times. I'm glad a bunch of people are coming back.

Also, duping items is still a thing! :woop:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Something I haven't seen mentioned: your skin tone will now change to match the tone of your Mii Mask.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

gmq posted:

I wonder how many towns were destroyed before that tweet.

You know what they say.

Never trust a tanuki when it comes to giant bushels.

(If this is all that needs to be done it puts a lot of the "I accidentally destroyed my town." tweets from the past day or so in a new light, considering those towns were seemingly only at level 2.)

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

You know what they say.

Never trust a tanuki when it comes to giant bushels.

(If this is all that needs to be done it puts a lot of the "I accidentally destroyed my town." tweets from the past day or so in a new light, considering those towns were seemingly only at level 2.)

Isabelle does ask you twice, but there's always the doubt "Maybe I need to be really really sure before Tom Nook offers me money." Nope. Bye bye town.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The Gossip Stone item you can get offers some "Deep Lore" bits that mostly everybody already know.

Things like:

"I hear that Pelly likes Pete, but Pete likes Phyllis, but Phyllis doesn't like anyone..."

"I hear Brewster is quite the gyroid collector..."

And of course...

"I hear Gracie isn't her real name..." :bigtran:

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard

Since I'm playing this game again, I'll be adding a few of the newer friend codes posted here. My town Jamabo has been a mess for the past two years, but hopefully I'll get right to cleaning it up.

My friend code is: 3995-7088-3437

I should have a bunch of the older gang still on my friend list, but if I don't have you or you changed codes since then, please let me know!

Also, I'll be thinking about re-opening the Jamabo DLC Factory soon after my roommate and I get everything organized.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Yoshi Jjang posted:

Since I'm playing this game again, I'll be adding a few of the newer friend codes posted here. My town Jamabo has been a mess for the past two years, but hopefully I'll get right to cleaning it up.

My friend code is: 3995-7088-3437

I've added you! My FC: 4227-1715-7066, town Kashima

I think I've added back everyone who's added me so far :) Anyone else please feel free!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I saw this Tumbl post and figured y'all could use the info.

• Locked thread