Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Elman posted:

I used to have high sens back in CoD, but in CS you just need pinpoint accuracy and everything else doesn't matter that much.

The duder our team uses as a standin is so much of a cod guy that he played for dignitas back in the day and he has kept his old sens

it is absolutely disgusting (and disorienting) to watch but he somehow still gets those headshots

e: forgot to say 850/1

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

drunken officeparty posted:

I just looked at my mouse settings and I have it at 800 DPI. Times 10 ingame sensitivity is 8000.

It's seriously comical to me imagining you guys swiping your mouse like mad men over and over to slowly turn around. Not having a comfortably fast sensitivity is so fundamentally wrong I just don't get it

Thats because if youre in a situation where youd have to do a quick 180 because an enemy is behind you, you or your team already hosed up, and 99% of the time they will have killed you even if you had high sens to turn around. This last part is especially true at higher ranks. Not that people behind you cant gently caress up the shots, but its so rare that its not worth the tradeoff.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
didnt realize we were talking about 800 dpi. just dial it down slowly each day and you'll be a better aimer

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
1.5 @600
I use this mousepad - https://steelseries.com/gaming-mousepads/qckplus which is 17.72 in x 15.75 in and I use all of it. No one is pulling your chain.

Side question. Does any have suggestion on this problem. Alt+tab or `exit from CS causes a black screen. ctl+alt+delete or window key or anything else doesn't seem to get me back into window. Hello darkness my old friend.

2nd side question. I once had my friends notificaiton showing up not in the top left over radar how the gently caress did I change this?

\/\/ Now with 50% more shots than needed.

sterster fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Nov 4, 2016

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
RATE MY CLUTCH I think I'm actually better at aggressive awp flick shots than I am at just holding angles, because I definitely made that clutch a lot harder on myself by whiffing several super easy shots.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Crimson posted:

RATE MY CLUTCH I think I'm actually better at aggressive awp flick shots than I am at just holding angles, because I definitely made that clutch a lot harder on myself by whiffing several super easy shots.

Haha the starting shots really did not make me expect those flicks.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Crimson posted:

drat man, you really work better under pressure.

edit: https://clips.twitch.tv/faceittv/ClumsyWallabyArsonNoSexy

I love Stewie

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Nov 4, 2016

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
I think I'm at 1x800 for senschat, might go from a qck to a qck+ now that I have more room with my current setup, it's just over a 180 using the full 12" width of this pad

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

sterster posted:

Personally I think this is bad advice. Reason being is if you don't understand why you loving bad at something you probably won't get any better. Yes playing and getting punished for it is the classic way people like to say get better. I personally like to have some sort of mentor to actually help. That being said, you can pick one skill at a time to work on. Cross hair placement (everyones sucks), USING YOUR GOD drat HEADPHONES, Angles to hold, nade usage, set executions. Better yet post your demos here so someone can tell you why your bad so you can work on it.

Doesn't matter. It's always easier to take in theory than it is to just practice. I know I like to read and absorb information and will do just that at the expense of real practice (guitar), but usually anything that you can learn just by reading is something you can learn by being attentive while practicing physical skills. Just pay attention to what you're doing and listen to the people who know better than you will take you a gently caress of a lot further than being a person who watches hours of youtube vids and pro games but never just plays the drat game and pays attention to what they're doing. The obvious answer is "you need a balance," but people are lazy and usually tend towards the not actually doing anything side.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Nov 4, 2016

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Faffel posted:

Doesn't matter. It's always easier to take in theory than it is to just practice. I know I like to read and absorb information and will do just that at the expense of real practice (guitar), but usually anything that you can learn just by reading is something you can learn by being attentive while practicing physical skills. Just pay attention to what you're doing and listen to the people who know better than you will take you a gently caress of a lot further than being a person who watches hours of youtube vids and pro games but never just plays the drat game and pays attention to what they're doing. The obvious answer is "you need a balance," but people are lazy and usually tend towards the not actually doing anything side.

I mean, yeah, no one is saying you should just watch videos all day, but I still think most beginner players should definitely err on the side of watching too many videos, just to get a good fundamental basis, before bad habits set in.

It's much easier to learn jigglepeeking, recoil control, and basic map tactics from a video, then trying to learn it on the fly from a frustrated bittervet.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Famethrowa posted:

I mean, yeah, no one is saying you should just watch videos all day, but I still think most beginner players should definitely err on the side of watching too many videos, just to get a good fundamental basis, before bad habits set in.

It's much easier to learn jigglepeeking, recoil control, and basic map tactics from a video, then trying to learn it on the fly from a frustrated bittervet.

I said just above you that balance is the obvious answer, you ravenous fart-huffer.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Faffel posted:

I said just above you that balance is the obvious answer, you ravenous fart-huffer.

quote:

no one is saying you should just watch videos all day

saying "be balanced" literally means nothing and is no help.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Famethrowa posted:

saying "be balanced" literally means nothing and is no help.

I'm pretty it literally means the words that it means, dude. That's how language works.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Is Steam still getting DDoSed or something? I can't find a single match.

e: https://steamstat.us/

Elman fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Nov 4, 2016

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

this stat line shouldn't even be possible with the teams he's playing against, is Tim loving top 5 in the world now?

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

Photex posted:

this stat line shouldn't even be possible with the teams he's playing against, is Tim loving top 5 in the world now?

1.19 rating in 96 games since joining C9. That's pretty drat impressive. Don't think I'd say he's top 5 in the world though, top 10 or top 15 would be more realistic.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI7V60r7Jco

This is pretty interesting. Steam devtalk by Easy Anti Cheat talking about hacks and such

One thing that stands out to me is that there's apparently single man private cheat developers that earn between $500k and $750k per year selling cheats. just bonkers

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Kind of interesting to hear what motivations he thinks the cheaters have. I don't get these people. Like with what he terms the casual guys who just want to make the game easier for themselves you shouldn't really need that in csgo. You could just stay at mg1 or silver whatever and not cheat. And the guys who just want to win, well you aren't winning and you know you aren't winning so whats the point. The ragers and the revenge cheaters I can at least understand.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Easy Anti-Cheat, the only anti-cheat to never catch a single cheater, ever.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Goofballs posted:

Kind of interesting to hear what motivations he thinks the cheaters have. I don't get these people. Like with what he terms the casual guys who just want to make the game easier for themselves you shouldn't really need that in csgo.

I dunno, I can see someone doing kind of the opposite of smurfing, feeling like they have to cheat to keep up with their better friends or something.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Bohemian Nights posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI7V60r7Jco

This is pretty interesting. Steam devtalk by Easy Anti Cheat talking about hacks and such

One thing that stands out to me is that there's apparently single man private cheat developers that earn between $500k and $750k per year selling cheats. just bonkers

I used to go to university with one of the guys in the video. Pretty cool to see he's still in the anti-cheat development business.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

I think they were just being broad, and including single player cheats in their definition. Or for games with only some multiplayer features, and not just necessarily competitive online games. If you run gold farming bots so you don't have to bother making money yourself in WoW, that's probably just making the game easier for yourself without griefing or giving you some kind of competitive edge.

Best part of the video was their description of how devs should be like ducks, unruffled on the surface but paddling like hell underwater.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

I dunno, I can see someone doing kind of the opposite of smurfing, feeling like they have to cheat to keep up with their better friends or something.

I guess that's possible but if the actually just bad guy get banned I think his friends will feel a lot more negatively about him than if he was just bad all along. But we're talking about probably mostly teenagers and foresight isn't their strong suit. And if its like six or seven regulars won't they have roughly the same rank anyway because they're all playing most of their games together. Like if I queue with a 4 natural mg1s the whole time and I'm a natural mge won't we all just end up around mg2. Or if its like 4 supremes and their dmg buddy maybe they just end up roughly at lem.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Famethrowa posted:

drat man, you really work better under pressure.

Seriously, I gotta stop only practicing AWP in DMs, running around trying flick shots.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Elman posted:

I used to have high sens back in CoD,

Is that where I know your name from

But yeah that gif is what I think of all you people you are all wrong and bad and dumb about sensitivity and I am right and good and smart case closed

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 4, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Goofballs posted:

Kind of interesting to hear what motivations he thinks the cheaters have. I don't get these people. Like with what he terms the casual guys who just want to make the game easier for themselves you shouldn't really need that in csgo. You could just stay at mg1 or silver whatever and not cheat. And the guys who just want to win, well you aren't winning and you know you aren't winning so whats the point. The ragers and the revenge cheaters I can at least understand.

I think the rationale is that cheating gets them to the rank they SHOULD be at for whatever dumb reasons they have. And that them cheating just evens the playing field against other people cheating.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

fennesz posted:

I think the rationale is that cheating gets them to the rank they SHOULD be at for whatever dumb reasons they have. And that them cheating just evens the playing field against other people cheating.

A guy who was cheating said as much to us in chat once. He just needed the win to get his rank back. Its kind of mysterious to me a bit still. Like if you got smashed out of supreme or whatever you probably shouldn't be there and what do you think happens when you get back? You just turn off the cheats and you'll be fine there? Which is what we asked him and got silence.

Its odd stuff. Like when I think about it its more convenient to be at a lower rank to get worse opposition and have matches you can be genuinely competitive in. Of course when I derank I kind of want it back but more to the point I want to actually be better.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Anyone know if the configurable DPI on razer mice ultimately matters? Is the sensor more accurate/precise at a higher DPI? Or is it just a gimmick and the DPI is effectively the same regardless of the configurable setting?

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Deranking can makes playing less fun if you don't always play with a 5 stack. The lower the rank the worse your teammates will be/the more likely they are throwing or deranking. The same is true for the other team but I'd rather lose a game to better players with a team that is trying versus lose because a guy is throwing or trolling or being an idiot.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

John DiFool posted:

Anyone know if the configurable DPI on razer mice ultimately matters? Is the sensor more accurate/precise at a higher DPI? Or is it just a gimmick and the DPI is effectively the same regardless of the configurable setting?

Essentially a gimmick. You won't find higher DPI more accurate, just more sensitive.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Jeza posted:

Essentially a gimmick. You won't find higher DPI more accurate, just more sensitive.

I believe you, but how do you know?

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

John DiFool posted:

I believe you, but how do you know?

At some point with some mice it mattered if you were at native DPI. At this point probably doesn't.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

VP vs Echo Fox turns out to be entertaining. As in 12-1 tac pause for EF. They are getting plowed on nuke right now.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

LochNessMonster posted:

VP vs Echo Fox turns out to be entertaining. As in 12-1 tac pause for EF. They are getting plowed on nuke right now.

A team being held together by a contract echofox just doesn't work.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Photex posted:

A team being held together by a contract echofox just doesn't work.

What's the story on that?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Freak with an 0.05 rating. :allears:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Lolol that loving neo interview, what was the best thing echofox did "they tried"

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

fennesz posted:

AKA The Akumos Defense

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

symbolic posted:

Freak with an 0.05 rating. :allears:

my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Seeing all those obnoxious NA steamers poo poo the bed feels good.