Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

euphronius posted:

So it's over

Hillary won

And I love big abuela

If the poll is accurate, sure.

edit: Uh, Ed Balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sir Tonk posted:

lol Don Jr

you think trump is enough of an ego maniac to slightly resent his sons because he knows if a family has hot women and ugly men everyone knows who got what from who and all? Like, is there a moment where he looks at Don and Eric in pictures like these and is all 'you fuckers make me look bad' as if they're to blame for genetics?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

ohh what a beautiful morning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amGl9Qmgu7E

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
smoke beer every day

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
So now let's discuss post-election actions:

If Hillary wins: I hope everyone that voted Trump becomes a pariah and gets ridiculed for the rest of their lives, even by their own families.

If Trump wins: gently caress it, live life like Night Crew 'til it's over. :getin:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Isn't early voting still open through the weekend in FL? Dems could overtake GOP today.

Also I can't believe those numbers. 2/3 of eligible voters in Florida have already cast their ballots. Insane! If turnout reaches 80% on election day then I don't see how demographics alone don't give Clinton a victory there.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

Sir Tonk posted:

lol Don Jr

there was a tweet of this the other day like "you know those scenes where they prop Kermit up on a wall?"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

quote:

For example, the most successful post BuzzFeed News found from a Macedonian site is based on a story from a fake news website. The headline on the story from ConservativeState.com was “Hillary Clinton In 2013: ‘I Would Like To See People Like Donald Trump Run For Office; They’re Honest And Can’t Be Bought.’” The post is a week old and has racked up an astounding 480,000 shares, reactions, and comments on Facebook. (To put that into perspective, the New York Times’ exclusive story that revealed Donald Trump declared a $916 million loss on his 1995 income tax returns generated a little more than 175,000 Facebook interactions in a month.)

Burn it all down.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

fart blood posted:

So now let's discuss post-election actions:

If Hillary wins: gently caress it, live life like Night Crew 'til it's over. :getin:

If Trump wins: gently caress it, live life like Night Crew 'til it's over. :getin:

fixed this terribl polst

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
How are we going to hit 15000 pages with this very sad and tremendously weak rate of posting? Please do your part

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
EMAILS?! Part Deux
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/794518690901491716
https://twitter.com/FigDrewton/status/794520771007774720
https://twitter.com/FigDrewton/status/794521496995696644

triple sulk posted:

it's truly amazing how badly johnson botched an opportunity to legitimately get 15-20% of the vote if he didn't sound like a straight up idiot 95% of the time
He clearly doesn't want people to vote for him. Like he straight up doesn't want the responsibility of being a spoiler for Trump.

Bunleigh posted:

I like Chris Hayes but how did that dude manage to get himself a television show? He looks like an 8-year-old scaled up
You just answered your own question

petit choux posted:

McMullin 2020, calling it. One of the tiny number of rePubs to come out of this election not having poo poo all over him.
The problem is that he couldn't make it through the primaries this year and likely couldn't in 2020. He's perfectly willing to be drafted as a spoiler candidate but the primaries remain the Republican's anchor.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Phyresis posted:

fixed this terribl polst

Hmmm....I'll allow it.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Staff: "OK, so, we had this ready to go yesterday, but it turns out that the report actually looked pretty good. Therefore, we're gonna run it anyway because MAGA."

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Also for reference in Florida, Romney won EV by like 30% and lost the state

UNA tends to be young and Hispanic

If they're tied in EV that's baaaaaaaaaad

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
My kids school just sent out an email saying they were a polling place but don't worry they are adding armed security to keep the kids safe. What the loving Christ.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Conservatives chumpitude is so powerful it now subsidizes small European countries, jesus christ.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

a fleshy snood posted:

How are we going to hit 15000 pages with this very sad and tremendously weak rate of posting? Please do your part

get venom snake in here to live-post every single DF update

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

Yeah, but Trump's gonna attract Bernie voters and disaffected Democrats and blacks and gays and *collapses to the ground, foaming at the mouth*

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Epic High Five posted:

doesnt the gop tend to win out in on the day voting

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

exquisite tea posted:

Isn't early voting still open through the weekend in FL? Dems could overtake GOP today.

Yeah, Sunday will be the last day of EV for Florida (compared to 2012, where it was Saturday, IIRC).

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I mean just look at this

quote:

“I’m looking for him to pretty much fix everything he could try to fix,” said Tolliver, a young man selling t-shirts on the lawn outside the Jacksonville Equestrian Center, where Trump held a rally on Thursday. “I think he’s going to change everything that he says he will,” said Lillian Traylor, beaming with optimism.

The midday crowd in Jacksonville was dominated by veterans. Traylor was there with her son Dale, a hydrographer with the Army Corps of Engineers, and her husband Robert, a retired naval chief. “We’re just excited,” she added, softly, nudging her son to share more specifics. “He’s going to bring back jobs to these United States,” said Dale. Lillian nodded in agreement, pleased that he found the right phrase.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/nitashatiku/trump-swing-state-rallies?utm_term=.exlaz2LOQL#.sjOlXdyENy

How do they have enough neurons zapping to maintain their breathing, what the hell.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Alter Ego posted:

Yeah, but Trump's gonna attract Bernie voters and disaffected Democrats and blacks and gays and *collapses to the ground, foaming at the mouth*

I have to admit, I do kinda like when Trump holds up some support sign from gay people that like him, like a rainbow flag or something, and the republicans in the crowd just awkwardly clap.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

when ed mcmullin didnt like his teddy we knew he was a no good kid

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
his name looks like mcmuffin

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

(((alberich)))

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

discoukulele posted:

I'm a therapist and p much every session I did this week revolved around Trump anxiety. Can this poo poo just be over already?

Ditto as an ER doc, lots of people showing up complaining of paralyzing anxiety over this election. poo poo needs to just end it's hurting people. :(

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

an invisible bed

a freaky ghost bed

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
tbh the federal government should dispense 55 gallon drums full of Valium to water treatment plants across the country once this thing is over...

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Alter Ego posted:

hell yea get a load o this parzy animal

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i am 100% sure trump will win, i don't care what anyone says

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
The Sociopath
https://twitter.com/ClaraJeffery/status/794401496758554624
2/ Esp for left of center, good to see Trump from phenom from Right perspective. With commentary from @TheRickWilson @LizMair @JonahNRO

3/ Now, I have issues, namely that racist dog-whistling afflicting GOP, paving way for Trump portrayed as bottom up phenomena.

4/ I don't think any serious historian would let that pass. Southern strategy, Atwater, Jesse Helms, Willie Horton, etc etc.

5/ REALLY coming to terms with the GOP's 40 year race-baiting strategy is something I think it needs to do to survive, but anyway..

6/ That third-rail party self-blindness aside, interesting/poignant to see capture of GOP by the forces it unleashed on itself

7/ Chief maybe among them: mpowerment of media figures that fed and had pockets lined by conspiracy theories

8/ This I think more...moderate/thoughtful/less greedy?... folks on right do see. And for those willing to call out, kudos.

9/ But yet to see most #NeverTrump folks cop to turning blind eye to birtherism and self-awareness as reasons for depths of Hillary hate

10/ "these are guys that don't want to go back to the 1950s, they want to go back to the 1850s" --@TheRickWilson on Alt Right

corn in the bible posted:

Hold on, did some easily upset Trumpkin really give you that red title?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Is there a typical breakdown of EV's? I imagine they skew GOP due to being older and such, since even high dem demographics probably go "ehh i'll just vote on election day"

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

a fleshy snood posted:

Here hope this helps

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Phyresis posted:

smoke beer every day

have you ever buttchugged weed?!?!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

At this rate, day of voting is going to be like 6 people

I wasn't saying he won EV in 2012, just that UNA skew so hard left that you need to win the R v D battle decisively to keep the end result close

I think day of turnout favorability depends on state. FL is pro GOP I think

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

At this rate, day of voting is going to be like 6 people

I wasn't saying he won EV in 2012, just that UNA skew so hard left that you need to win the R v D battle decisively to keep the end result close

I think day of turnout favorability depends on state. FL is pro GOP I think

At the rate Florida is doing EV this year, day of may have about 4 people left.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

exquisite tea posted:

Also I can't believe those numbers. 2/3 of eligible voters in Florida have already cast their ballots. Insane! If turnout reaches 80% on election day then I don't see how demographics alone don't give Clinton a victory there.

Through Saturday, yeah. I've been torn between early voting and showing up day of, to see if there are any Registered Trump Poll Watchers

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Turdfuzz posted:

hell yea get a load o this arzy animal

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
tired of drinking #1 and eating #2 for breakfast?

try a #7, the mcmullin w/chees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

nice

• Locked thread