Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Naked Bear posted:

Dishonored is a legit Good Game. I thought it looked pretty stupid when it first came out (hurr durr steampunk and magic), but I wound up playing through it recently and it's a loving blast. Deffo worth playing and all of the extra stuffs.

its also good steampunk instead of weirdos gluing gears on all their clothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Reverand maynard posted:

its also good steampunk instead of weirdos gluing gears on all their clothing.

Yeah, that was the cool part. It got as close to steampunk as possible without jumping into 'Gears on everything' poo poo.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

New overwatch heroes has a lil something for tarantino fans
https://twitter.com/lazerlily/status/794610618879774720

Also LOL
https://twitter.com/kuvosa/status/794616670530641920

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
New Call Of Duty is getting a lot of praise for a really excellent campaign. Amazon Prime members can get the game with the modern warfare remaster for adecent deal. I paid 67 bucks for a copy with free same day shipping.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
Yo Bengy, thanks for Broforce!

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Lazy Reservist posted:

Yo Bengy, thanks for Broforce!

Glad you got it, just about to PM you to check steam.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Blizzard is adding a remake of Diablo I to Diablo III, i guess? :shrug:

quote:

Blizzard will release a remake of Diablo inside of Diablo III as part of an upcoming “20th anniversary” patch, the company said today. It’ll include a 16-level dungeon and the four main bosses from the first Diablo.

The patch, The Darkening of Tristam, will be free to Reaper of Souls owners on both PC and console.

http://kotaku.com/blizzard-is-remak...dium=Socialflow

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

holocaust bloopers posted:

New Call Of Duty is getting a lot of praise for a really excellent campaign. Amazon Prime members can get the game with the modern warfare remaster for adecent deal. I paid 67 bucks for a copy with free same day shipping.

but which campaign is better? Titanfall 2 or Infinite Warfare?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Haven't touched the IW campaign yet. Titanfall 2's campaign is a wonderful mishmash of bizarro Portal, Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time, Call Of Duty, and Mechwarrior.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Cool

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

That's pretty cool, I don't think I've logged any time into D3 since the spring maybe, so I guess this will get me playing again.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Also PSN finally added a web interface for adding friends, sending messages, seeing who's online etc

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

awesome

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
http://i.imgur.com/6DDos3E.gifv

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Necromancer is coming back :woop:

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

Dude McAwesome posted:

Is dishonored 1 worth playing? I use this thread exclusively for game recommendations

Also, I bought the total war pack on sale a few weeks back, which is the best TW game?

I've played all the TW games pretty extensively except shogun and got the most enjoyment out of Napoleon followed by Rome 2. I've been playing a lot of the new warhammer one and it's dope so that will probably top Napoleon and Rome for me soon. I'd suggest starting with whatever historical period (or warhams) is most appealing to you and letting it rip.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Empire and Napoleon were really good but yeah the new Warhammer one is the best yet

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Shogun 2 best Total War

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Shogun 2 best Total War

Quoted for Truth.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I got to the part of the Titanfall 2campaign where the reviews were raving about. It is legitimately loving cool.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Dear Disney,

New X-Wing game. Go full on :spergin: sim. You'll make a shitzillion dollars.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Dear Disney,

The best part is they don't even have to release it!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Dear Disney,

:pray:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I stopped play d3 as I don't really care for timed dungeons.I'm pretty excited for the new patch though.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Dear Disney,

An X-Wing game that I could really use my X-52 on would be rad.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

An X-Wing game that I could really use my X-52 on would be rad.

Exactly. What brought it up was we went to see Dr. Strange this morning (good movie, Tilda Swinden is extremely my platonic poo poo) and there was he new Rogue One trailer with like a 2 second X-Wing clip and the engine noise made me nostalgic as gently caress.

Screw the haters, X-Wings rule.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Exactly. What brought it up was we went to see Dr. Strange this morning (good movie, Tilda Swinden is extremely my platonic poo poo) and there was he new Rogue One trailer with like a 2 second X-Wing clip and the engine noise made me nostalgic as gently caress.

Screw the haters, TIE Interceptors rule.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Screw the haters, X-Wings rule.

I'll be honest here.

I get semi-erect at the sound of X-Wings or tie fighters reving up.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Handsome Ralph posted:

I'll be honest here.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

I'll be honest here.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

I'll be honest here.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Handsome Ralph posted:

I'll be honest here.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

To be honest, if you don't get at least a little chub or ever so slightly wet when you hear the phrase "Lock S-foils in attack position" you're probably not a functional human being or the alien equivalent thereof.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

:same: also NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERDS

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Holy god does anybody else get pissed playing BF1 operations and having some fucktard drive the Dreadnought onto the beach so the AA gunners can get kills?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

ElMaligno posted:

:same: also NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERDS

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Pesticide20 posted:

Holy god does anybody else get pissed playing BF1 operations and having some fucktard drive the Dreadnought onto the beach so the AA gunners can get kills?

i dont know what any of that means but battlefield games with pubbies are perpetual rage machines so i'm going to go with :same:

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I just call it pubbie hate simulator 2016.

My wife actually asked me why i play it online if they anger me so much. Didn't really have an answer.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZVdR19E5mU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Laranzu posted:

I just call it pubbie hate simulator 2016.

My wife actually asked me why i play it online if they anger me so much. Didn't really have an answer.

quote:

The most and only important part of this game is talking poo poo, and talking poo poo with the focus, cunning, and determination of a fox hunted by dogs. Squad organization and the team mechanic are false constructions meant to distract you from the One True Purpose of Battlefield: Grinding profanities out of your keyboard like a coke-crazed pole cowboy until gameplay stops and the chat window convulses with loathing. Every second you spend playing this game is a second you've lost on puking vitriol over its community. The only acceptable justification for your participation in a round is killing bad guys; every moment somebody is dead is another moment they're forced to pay attention to your bullshit. For this reason you should never revive teammates.

Celebrate every kill by reminding your victim that they could've spent this time in the company of a loved one. Run into a corner and prone first so they can tell that you're typing. Subtly imply that they play video games so much because they secretly hate themselves and yearn to escape from their lives. If they kill you back, state this explicitly, then assert that they invest themselves into children's games because they crave ego-death and are too cowardly to pursue a fulfilling sexual experience or suicide. Remind them that KDR is irrelevant to the actual structure of the game, and the developers only instituted tracking of it in obeisance to our crude animal fear of domination. If your KDR is higher, add that you justify this fear, and that in a primal setting you would collapse their brainpan with your teeth. Pause briefly to note that fear of defilement after death is nothing more than a shadow cast on the wall of the human psyche by the blinding, hideously bright knowledge of our own mortal inconsequentiality, before continuing to describe in detail the crude zoomorphic rituals you would subject your opponent's corpse to in a pre-agricultural setting.

Take note when you earn a nemesis ribbon and write beautiful erotica detailing the carnal adventures you imagine sharing with your victim. Anoint yourself a priest in a Dionysian mystery cult and then loudly announce your intention to gay marry jets by ramming them. Prepare elaborate epitaphs for snipers before you knife them; afterwards, carry on long simulated conversations with them about how stupid they are, using quotation marks to indicate their responses. Post-script all such conversations with "Wait, how am I talking if I'm loving dead?" If you successfully run somebody over with a MAV, spend a minute making robot sounds and questioning whether or not sufficiently advanced computers have souls. Ask your victims if they will dream while you make exaggerated tea-bagging motions over their corpse by flying up and down.

Erratically and interchangeably quote Mussolini and Eugene V. Debs. Turn on thermal optics in the Viper and then splice footage of you base-camping Wake into an Iraq Mudvayne war crime montage. Put that on YouTube and whistleblow it to Julian Assange's gmail account. Cold read the room until you find out the name of somebody's dead grandmother, then channel her spirit through your keyboard to mock their KDR and make debased sexual claims about their ancestry. Put an IRNV on your gun and spend the whole round making clicking noises and repeating things other people say while alternating capslock. Unironically solicit contributions for Jon Huntsman's presidential campaign. Do literally anything without irony.

Strip naked on nights of the full moon and scream your hatred for mankind into the sky. This will have no direct effect on Battlefield players, but the poisonous qi you release into the universe will bring nightmares to children and kill flowers half a world away, lessening the joy of others by a commensurate but ultimately exponential amount. Kidnap Korean War veterans and subject them to hour-long knife kill montages until they have nervous breakdowns. Tell them that this is the face of modern war. Deliberately mislead children into believing unsustainable things. Provoke the manager of the Battlefield Twitter feed into an argument about electoral fraud in modern Russia, then question the morality of releasing a game depicting non-nuclear industrial warfare between two superpowers as entertainment. Tell him that you no longer enjoy Bad Company 3 and offer to mail him a copy of ArmA.

Trigger another fight about Stinger utility in-game.

• Locked thread