Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xealot posted:

Earth-2 Killer Frost didn't seem to be one. She was just aces with murdering folks and suddenly super evil. It always seems like a Brotherhood of Mutants thing, where they're instantly social pariahs with superiority chips on their shoulders.

You'd think, being a scientist with a social conscience, she'd realize: "hey, I should think globally and combat climate change. I know a way to stop polar ice erosion..."

Probably "holy poo poo I just lost it and froze a man's arm off" would take precedence :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Also I would like it very much if the reason Caitlyn's going psycho is because of the heat vampire thing and they STAR Labs up a solution.

:ohdear: I'm concerned I'm turning into a serial killer
:haw: No sweat, here, strap on this portable thermonuclear heat source
:) Oh cool, can I go out crimefighting with Barry later
:haw: Yup!
:neckbeard:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Guy Goodbody posted:

Aren't they setting up her cold powers going out of control? So, just ripping off Frozen

I want Caitlin to do diva arms as she greets th sun rise in her magic crystal ice palace

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Chokes McGee posted:

Also I would like it very much if the reason Caitlyn's going psycho is because of the heat vampire thing and they STAR Labs up a solution.

:ohdear: I'm concerned I'm turning into a serial killer
:haw: No sweat, here, strap on this portable thermonuclear heat source
:) Oh cool, can I go out crimefighting with Barry later
:haw: Yup!
:neckbeard:

She just needs a nice sweater.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Bad Moon posted:

I want Caitlin to do diva arms as she greets th sun rise in her magic crystal ice palace

Holy crap, if Disney owned DC instead of Marvel the musical episode would absolutely feature Caitlin singing "Let It Go", it's such a no-brainer

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Chokes McGee posted:

Probably "holy poo poo I just lost it and froze a man's arm off" would take precedence :shrug:

I didn't mean, like, that second. Just, in quiet moments where she thinks about her life now. "Should I rob banks and kill people? What else can I do with magic ice powers?"

At least Weather Wizard was already a criminal.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
And wasn't that dude whose arm she froze literally trying to kidnap her?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Guy A. Person posted:

Holy crap, if Disney owned DC instead of Marvel the musical episode would absolutely feature Caitlin singing "Let It Go", it's such a no-brainer

Here I stand
In the light of day
Let the Flash rush on,
Captain Cold never bothered me anyway!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

Aren't they setting up her cold powers going out of control? So, just ripping off Frozen
You think Frozen invented this?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

prediction: when she snaps HR will try to name her Captain Cold.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There is no way Cisco doesn't make a dozen Frozen jokes as soon as he discovers she has ice powers.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Ummm, excuse you, that is Dr. Cold, she has a PhD. :colbert:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spergatory posted:

Ummm, excuse you, that is Dr. Cold, she has a PhD. :colbert:

Dr Snow is practically a Bond villain name to start with

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Guy A. Person posted:

Hasn't stopped a billion Star Wars references.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bruceski posted:

Cisco: "We've seen this before. On Earth-2, they called her..."
HR: "Icicle! That's what we should call her. The Icicle!"
Cisco: "DUDE SERIOUSLY"

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Just binged through the first five episodes, and I gotta say this season is pretty great so far. I love that characters act in mature, reasonable ways, such as by admitting and apologizing for mistakes and forgiving each other. The show is also a lot more lighthearted in general, with some really good humor. Even the Barry-Iris relationship, which was way too emo and cringe-worthy, is pretty fun this time around.

Julian's making up with Barry was a pleasant surprise. So was Wells turning out to be a conman. Pretty ambivalent about the writers rehashing the Killer Frost idea but whatever. Maybe they'll take it in an interesting direction beyond "Caitlin turns evil."

Also, Jesse Quick. gently caress yeah. I think she's great in that role - a younger, less experienced speedster who shows up occasionally to help Barry. Lots of great potential there.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I like Draco and Killer Frost and most of this season. I thought this week's was great because of the character moments instead of MOTW plot.

Also because Tom Cavanagh is just too good

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Yeah, I gotta admit he has stayed interesting way longer than Barrowman did.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I have to give the writing team some credit for thinking of ways to keep using the actor as a part of the team after S1 Wells turned out to be evil.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It's easy when you can time travel and go to infinite dimensions. Arrows flashbacks almost have the same powers.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

GigaPeon posted:

Hasn't stopped a billion Star Wars references.

I'm sure there'll be references but I think song licensing is a whole different beast

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I'd imagine Star Wars on HR's Earth is a lot like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nL5AMQAVsU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Hello is the show worth watching this season? I more or less forgot about it and didn't noticed that season 3 started.

Boy season 2 was pretty dumb.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yeah it seems good so far, not as strong as season 1 but a lot better than 2 (especially like at the same point in the season)

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
did the storyline in which noted maniac barry allen temporally genocided his universe to save his mom in a new timeline pay off

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Also is he still murdering people?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

RottenK posted:

Also is he still murdering people?

No, Oliver is doing that this year.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

RottenK posted:

did the storyline in which noted maniac barry allen temporally genocided his universe to save his mom in a new timeline pay off

He tried to undo it and made things worse. Now he's got Draco Malfoy nosing around and acting pissy, the Flashpoint timeline is bleeding into this one because he futzed around with the timeline so much Flashdad had to give him a timeout, and Harry was replaced by another Wells who wears a fedora.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

greatn posted:

And wasn't that dude whose arm she froze literally trying to kidnap her?

Yeah but just really poorly seeing as how her mother came in through the previously locked door in like 10 seconds.

This show is dumb.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Guy A. Person posted:

I'm sure there'll be references but I think song licensing is a whole different beast

Wouldn't the show characters singing make it a cover? Those have looser rules and don't cost as much.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

MiddleOne posted:

Yeah but just really poorly seeing as how her mother came in through the previously locked door in like 10 seconds.

This show is dumb.

Not so dumb if you consider the fact that she's the god drat Chief Scientist (and possibly also the CEO) and can override any lock with her keycard or whatever, especially if the room is a lab.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

enraged_camel posted:

Not so dumb if you consider the fact that she's the god drat Chief Scientist (and possibly also the CEO) and can override any lock with her keycard or whatever, especially if the room is a lab.

Well dumb in that the guys plan was to kidnap a woman who could easily kill him with no means to defend himself, into a room her mom can easily open and goes in frequently.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

greatn posted:

Well dumb in that the guys plan was to kidnap a woman who could easily kill him with no means to defend himself, into a room her mom can easily open and goes in frequently.

Look, nobody ever said scientists were smart, okay?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

greatn posted:

Oh yeah, he was definitely being dumb. Although considering how nice of a person Caitlyn is, he may have thought that she wouldn't hurt him, or something. :shrug:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

Oh yeah, he was definitely being dumb. Although considering how nice of a person Caitlyn is, he may have thought that she wouldn't hurt him, or something. :shrug:

Yeah I got the impression he thought he could just intimidate her. Then she snapped.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Curious as to why no one's wondering who HR's intelligent partner is, the one who actually cracked the coded message the team sent out. Any time a show refers to someone as "my partner" more than once without actually giving that person a name, I have to assume there's something there that they're keeping from the audience until later. And if "my partner" is the co-founder of alt-Star Labs who just decoded a message from a superhero from another universe, I've gotta assume this guy is going to take an interest in what follows.

Who's another super genius that might show up? It can't be anyone that's met HR in the main universe, because he certainly would have mentioned that they're his partner's doppleganger.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Phenotype posted:

Who's another super genius that might show up? It can't be anyone that's met HR in the main universe, because he certainly would have mentioned that they're his partner's doppleganger.

I.... wouldn't take this as fact. This is the Flash, remember?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
His partner is probably Earth 19 super studious nerd Oliver Queen.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phenotype posted:

Curious as to why no one's wondering who HR's intelligent partner is, the one who actually cracked the coded message the team sent out.

Because there's literally nothing to base our guesses on. We don't even know if it's a person. It could be his universe's version of Gideon or Gorilla Grodd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Because there's literally nothing to base our guesses on. We don't even know if it's a person. It could be his universe's version of Gideon or Gorilla Grodd.

Or Draco Malfoy. :tinfoil:

• Locked thread