Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
My top two guesses are a Thawne that allied with him rather than killing him (as others have suggested) and Grodd. I'm hoping it's Grodd. I'm hoping that HR is fully in thrall of a giant psychic man-eating gorilla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Test Pattern posted:

My top two guesses are a Thawne that allied with him rather than killing him (as others have suggested) and Grodd. I'm hoping it's Grodd. I'm hoping that HR is fully in thrall of a giant psychic man-eating gorilla.

I know I just said that there's nothing to base our guesses on, but the way HR put so much emphasis on being the "face" of the operation genuinely makes me think his partner isn't human. So yeah, I'm guessing Grodd.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

greatn posted:

His partner is probably Earth 19 super studious nerd Oliver Queen.

While this would be hilarious/cool I think we all know it's going to be Crisco "Superfly" Ramone, playboy scientist and Red Arrow by night

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Test Pattern posted:

Ronnie!

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Spergatory posted:

Or Draco Malfoy. :tinfoil:

Or Cisco. Or Caitlin. Or Barry.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Oracle posted:

Or Cisco. Or Caitlin. Or Barry.

Felicity Smoak, who will ironically have a lower body count than Earth 1 Felicity.

But deep down, we know the villain is Barry. It's always been Barry

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

I know I just said that there's nothing to base our guesses on, but the way HR put so much emphasis on being the "face" of the operation genuinely makes me think his partner isn't human. So yeah, I'm guessing Grodd.

Maybe HR's Earth is the one where everyone is actually a good guy so instead of Grodd, he's basically Winston from Overwatch.

E: Plus it makes his nickname very pertinent if his partner is non human. Because that means HR is a literal human resource for his nebulous partner.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 4, 2016

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Guy Goodbody posted:

Because there's literally nothing to base our guesses on. We don't even know if it's a person. It could be his universe's version of Gideon or Gorilla Grodd.

I want it to be Grodd oh so badly.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Can it be his friendly neighbourhood Grodd? The greatest superhero on his Earth.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

But the version of Grodd who wears a top hat and monocle and likes to sip tea.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope he's like Yogo Gorilla

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xto5p8IJcYg

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Wouldn't a good Grodd basically just be the Ultra-Humanite, instead?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Zebulon posted:

Wouldn't a good Grodd basically just be the Ultra-Humanite, instead?

The Humanite is a body thief.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

enraged_camel posted:

But the version of Grodd who wears a top hat and monocle and likes to sip tea.

That's just making him Monsieur Mallah

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
Knowing this show it will turn out to be HW's twin brother who got all the brains but none of the charisma. So when he's introduced later Cavanaugh gets to play stick in the mud Wells.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Well then, now we know the title of Kevin Smith's next episode.

Killer Frost

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The Humanite is a body thief.

yup, but man does he love a good opera.

In the DCAU, he's technically the villain, but he rightfully critiques modern art, saved a man from kryptonite poisoning (even if it was luthor), and saved christmas.

if we had more villains like that, we'd need less heroes ;)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Did he have body stealing abilities? I thought he was doing it the old fashioned way with brain transplants.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

greatn posted:

Did he have body stealing abilities? I thought he was doing it the old fashioned way with brain transplants.

psychic powers dude!

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

I wonder if they'll ever fix the roof on Star Labs.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Luminaflare posted:

I wonder if they'll ever fix the roof on Star Labs.

They need to fix the door first.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

To be honest I'm pretty unclear on how they afford to keep the lights on. Are they just selling patents for cold guns and sonic destabilizing wahoozies in between episodes? How do Cisco and Kaitlin even afford their apartments? Who writes them paychecks?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Oliver's probably floating them money under the table. And Ray probably bequeathed them his fortune as a slush fund too on account of him being "dead" to the rest of the world. :v:

Comedy option: Cisco is actually still Flashpoint rich, he's just hiding it from everyone :homebrew:

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

I thought the evil Dr. Wells/Thawne left Barry a big confessional tape wherein he left all of Wells' money to them and confessed to all the murders and such with the caveat that while it would free his dad it still wouldn't make him happy?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oracle posted:

I thought the evil Dr. Wells/Thawne left Barry a big confessional tape wherein he left all of Wells' money to them and confessed to all the murders and such with the caveat that while it would free his dad it still wouldn't make him happy?

Yep. Thawne confessed to the murders and left everything to Barry just to prove that getting everything he wanted in life would still not be enough to make him happy.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Zebulon posted:

Yep. Thawne confessed to the murders and left everything to Barry just to prove that getting everything he wanted in life would still not be enough to make him happy.

I feel at this point, you could basically go "Eobard did [THING HERE]. What a dick!" and it would be 100% appropriate in every circumstance.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

I feel at this point, you could basically go "Eobard did [THING HERE]. What a dick!" and it would be 100% appropriate in every circumstance.

And that's what makes him the best Flash villain the show has. I can't wait to see him more on Legends of Tomorrow.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Oliver's probably floating them money under the table. And Ray probably bequeathed them his fortune as a slush fund too on account of him being "dead" to the rest of the world. :v:

Comedy option: Cisco is actually still Flashpoint rich, he's just hiding it from everyone :homebrew:

Or he secretly went to Alchemy. Money IS the ultimate superpower...

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Hasn't Oliver been broke since S2? I mean I'm sure he's ok now that he's Mayor.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Being broke on television is the economical equivalent of being part of the landed gentry in real-life.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

MiddleOne posted:

Being broke on television is the economical equivalent of being part of the landed gentry in real-life.

Can confirm this since I like blogs that find outfits female characters wear and tell you where to buy them :homebrew:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

Hasn't Oliver been broke since S2? I mean I'm sure he's ok now that he's Mayor.

Oliver is still broke as hell but Thea got all of Merlyn's money after he "died." Also he was mooching off of Felicity for a while since she got all of Ray's money when he "died." So while he personally doesn't have any cash he has plenty available to him.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I demand a montage of Oliver stealing instant noodles and canned beans from the local supermarket

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Is Oliver broke or is he just not mega rich? Like, I know he lost his family's company and mansion and properties but you actually have to really, really gently caress up to go from that rich to needing to get a job. I mean, shouldn't he have gotten a millions dollar buyoff when Queen Consolidated got bought twice?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The show really doesn't understand/care how companies work because there was also the thing where Felicity was fired as CEO of Palmertech but she should still technically "own" the company because there's no way that Ray had less than a majority share of the stock.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

To be fair, the show doesn't understand/care how anything works.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

muscles like this! posted:

The show really doesn't understand/care how companies work because there was also the thing where Felicity was fired as CEO of Palmertech but she should still technically "own" the company because there's no way that Ray had less than a majority share of the stock.

To be honest DC isn't really any better, re: Bale getting kicked out of Wayne Manor for his shares being stolen and his company sold(basically something that would get the stock market shut down until they figured it out)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Billionaire idiot tanks his company by playing the market and ruins economy.

Yes this just so happens to have occurred at the same time armed terrorists took over the stock exchange.

No this doesn't seem suspicious and we're not looking into it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

muscles like this! posted:

Oliver is still broke as hell but Thea got all of Merlyn's money after he "died." Also he was mooching off of Felicity for a while since she got all of Ray's money when he "died." So while he personally doesn't have any cash he has plenty available to him.

Amell explained that Oliver was rich person broke; most of his major assets were gone but he still had a lot of liquid cash.

It's like Luke Cage where Cottonmouth was complaining about Cage stealing all his money but he still had hundreds of thousands of dollars just laying around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nooneofconsequence posted:

To be fair, the show doesn't understand/care how anything works.

Specifically romantic or interpersonal relationships.

• Locked thread