Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

winter.mute posted:

Sometimes the spawn system really screws you, but every now and then it puts you right where you want to be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWF7oSj1PJQ

getting an instant payback kill. feels good, man

If there was ever a time to get a medical syringe kill, it was then.

Shame on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

winter.mute posted:

Sometimes the spawn system really screws you, but every now and then it puts you right where you want to be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWF7oSj1PJQ

getting an instant payback kill. feels good, man

lol also deliberate, measured overkill is pretty funny

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

RCarr posted:

If there was ever a time to get a medical syringe kill, it was then.

Shame on you.

sorry I have to disagree fire in a barrel was way funnier than just another syringe kill lol good show old boy

Ok ok maybe if someone can plant a syringe directly on top of someone's skull whilst falling? This gif must exist somewhere

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

mellowjournalism posted:

Ok ok maybe if someone can plant a syringe directly on top of someone's skull whilst falling? This gif must exist somewhere

Do the old Zelda 2 / Shovel Knight downstab.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Beastie posted:

Confirmed: Slamming a gate down on a cavalry will hurt them.

I was so astounded I forgot to finish him off.

http://xboxclips.com/Beastie+Bomber/2e8b7dde-3011-4587-864f-933b2e66b67c

This was great to witness. Put your Killfeed on, I'm the one that took him out in the end

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Does campaign unlock anything for multi? Just started it and it's better than previous battlefields but still standard fps imo

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

FastestGunAlive posted:

Does campaign unlock anything for multi? Just started it and it's better than previous battlefields but still standard fps imo

Just some stupid weapon skins, nothing of substance.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

i absolutely cannot get enough of this game, i love it

i normally am not one to chase achievements but i'm really enjoying going for the weekly medals, it's forced me to vary my playstyle and realize how much fun some things are like horsey kills, it's made me finally good at sniping in a battlefield game which i could never do before, and it's forced me to give up my love for the classic 1911 for other, more effective sidearms

i am having a hard time with a couple of these though and i'm running out of time, i can't seem to get the 20 kills in team deathmatch or the Z bullet vehicle kills

i keep getting 15, 16, 17 kills but i just can't break 20. i'm switching between using a shotgun, LMG, and russian sniper with iron sights + spot flare

any suggestions on how to get 20 kills in team deathmatch or how to get those drat vehicle kills?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Commie NedFlanders posted:

any suggestions on how to get 20 kills in team deathmatch

If you end up on Amien the SMG sentry kit spawns in a house in the alley in front of where Apples is in conquest. Or just an SMG in general. Shotguns still seem a little inconsistent to me. BAR if you want to play support. 8.5 extended for medic.

Don't be the guy who snipes in TDM.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Nice work. I figured out how to build up to three variants of a class too (yeah I'm dumb), so a mortar and a limpet build for easy swapping when I die is easy to do.

I tried, but you can't stick dynamite to any vehicles, even in the sidecar of the bike, or place a mine on one (that one makes sense. Don't know if you can set a limpet while sitting in the sidecar for some suicide bombing action (rider abandons you to your fate to survives and tell your story).

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

These medals make me feel bad for my team sometimes, like when I could have easily shot a guy capturing our flag completely unawares but instead I tried to sprint over and blanket him in dynamite and got shot instead. Thank god I don't care about K:D ratio or anything because some of these tasks have me playing like a drat moron.

Mostly it's fun though, except for the 5 kills in a life stuff. Those usually end up being kind of fun / super tense when I actually *get* them, but not enough to make up for the uncountable, extremely frustrating 3 or 4 kill streaks beforehand.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

FastestGunAlive posted:

they are fun and might help your skills translate, the mud and blood story is absolutely glorious and helped teach me how to be good with tanks

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

FastestGunAlive posted:

I'll need to become your understudy beastie because flying isn't clicking for me yet. I've got a feeling it'll be easy kills once it does but for now it's just frustrating

play the campaign flying story, it's really fun and it helps you learn a lot except in the campaign you can turn while you repair which you can't in multiplayer

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Commie NedFlanders posted:

any suggestions on how to get 20 kills in team deathmatch or how to get those drat vehicle kills?

well as far as TDM goes, that part of the medal can be done in other game modes (at least on PC) so just do Conquest

if you want to do it "legitimately" because of self-hatred or whatever, I've generally gotten best TDM results (i.e. over 20 kills/round) by just abusing the Hunter 10-A on maps like Monte Grappa where you can sit in/clear bunkers and just brutally own people at close quarters- the shotgun, 2 gas grenades and 2 anti-tank grenades gives you a lot of murdering potential and you can run around with your mask on at all times (the gas grenades do a surprising amount of the work)

it still depends a lot on server population and composition though, I spent like an entire evening getting 17-19 kills per round on that part of the Medal before someone told me about the game mode thing

LGD fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 5, 2016

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Raise your hand if you had to fly into the sun and stall outdie deserting multiple times just to change your flight sensitivity/buttons when you got this game

gently caress the campaign forever for not letting you use multiplayer controls

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

mellowjournalism posted:

Raise your hand if you had to fly into the sun and stall outdie deserting multiple times just to change your flight sensitivity/buttons when you got this game

gently caress the campaign forever for not letting you use multiplayer controls

Fuuuuuck, is this for real? I was wondering why the yaw controls never seemed to do anything.

Ruzaii
Mar 1, 2009

You guys weren't kidding about the artillery truck. It's fun as hell to rain death on anyone dumb enough to try sniping from the top floor of a tower.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Never try to drive the artillery truck over any trench

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Auxiliary Treats posted:

Fuuuuuck, is this for real? I was wondering why the yaw controls never seemed to do anything.
Wait, what? I didn't change anything for planes, but I use the veteran setup for tanks and it definitely took effect in the campaign.

tminz
Jul 1, 2004
When this game clicks it is amazing but when it's not clicking and your team is getting curb stomped the instant deaths immediately after spawning can get tiring. Definitely seems like average lifespan is half of what it was in BF3/4 but I think it's more of a function of the larger player base and more open maps.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

tminz posted:

When this game clicks it is amazing but when it's not clicking and your team is getting curb stomped the instant deaths immediately after spawning can get tiring. Definitely seems like average lifespan is half of what it was in BF3/4 but I think it's more of a function of the larger player base and more open maps.

I really hope they tweak spawning in the next update. Playing Ballroom and attempting to spawn at E invariably spits me out just outside the HQ. Hell even random spawns like you get in TDM would be an improvement. I've noticed some spawn camping going on as well, which never seemed to be a thing in BF4.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Gynecolojustice posted:

So it turns out that my autoaim was on, not off, and I just do really suck. Got 4 kills on Fao Fortress though. Maybe I need to stop playing medic and just start sniping.

I did terrible with the starter medic gun, it seemed decently powered and I don't know if it was the sights or recoil or what but I couldn't outshoot anyone. Maybe try buying an upgrade?

Or just go assault and always hipfire with the shotguns and SMGs.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Smoke grenades+shotgun is the best. Just make everyone in the roof totally blind and start firing.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Knightmare posted:

I did terrible with the starter medic gun, it seemed decently powered and I don't know if it was the sights or recoil or what but I couldn't outshoot anyone. Maybe try buying an upgrade?

Or just go assault and always hipfire with the shotguns and SMGs.

I got to lvl 1 medic and bought the Mondragon Storm and now I am getting about 6-12 kills a game, things are improving!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I'd love to see a "killed by (weapon)" stat so you could check what weapon the cheesy bastards that keep killing you use most. I'm willing to bet for me it would be Russian Sniper 1895 followed by the Mondragon.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Finger Prince posted:

I'd love to see a "killed by (weapon)" stat so you could check what weapon the cheesy bastards that keep killing you use most. I'm willing to bet for me it would be Russian Sniper 1895 followed by the Mondragon.

I seem to die mostly to assaults. Always the MP18 Optical and M10-A Hunter chewing me up. It's a mixed bag at other ranges, but despite the "not enough people play assault" talk I swear they are my nemesis in matches.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
People have already identified the optimum gun per for each class and everyone has started to gravitate toward them. You'd think with less guns they'd have balanced them better but eh

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

FastestGunAlive posted:

People have already identified the optimum gun per for each class and everyone has started to gravitate toward them. You'd think with less guns they'd have balanced them better but eh

What are they? I've barely touched this game

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Parkingtigers posted:

I seem to die mostly to assaults. Always the MP18 Optical and M10-A Hunter chewing me up. It's a mixed bag at other ranges, but despite the "not enough people play assault" talk I swear they are my nemesis in matches.

Oh yeah I go through gluts of dying to MP18 trenches. One burst from them is usually enough to kill you.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Yeah, the other day I got sniped by an MP 18 trench, which was a little upsetting.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

my biggest gripe lately has been trying to figure out how to melee better. 9 times out a 10, I get maybe one hit in whether its a knife, club, or shovel, only to get the insta-kill animation on my own guy.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

super macho dude posted:

my biggest gripe lately has been trying to figure out how to melee better. 9 times out a 10, I get maybe one hit in whether its a knife, club, or shovel, only to get the insta-kill animation on my own guy.

I saw a factoid come up on the loading screen that said something like "hatchet will gently caress poo poo up but has a small takedown radius" or something. Based on that and poking people with knives without killing them, it looks like melee weapons are pretty variable. So if the guy you're poking at has a shovel or something with a bigger takedown radius (i have no idea what these radii are or how they vary) than your knife, he probably gets the takedown while you're still poking.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
the only useful thing out of those stupid main menu videos is this instakill zone diagram

knife > club > shovel

super macho dude posted:

It's a little confusing cause the instakill animation also happens whenever a melee hit would do more damage than remaining health

So from the front/side a fully healthed dude would take 3 knife stabs (35 dmg each) and on the 3rd one you go into the animation

the system is honestly amazing and being able to sprint directly at someone, guitar slide and turn and plant a shiv in their back is probably the coolest thing of all time

Ruzaii
Mar 1, 2009

If any PS4 Battlegoons are interested in squadding up, I'll be in conquest for the next hour and a half or so. I'll leave a party set up in the community.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I love ballroom blitz so much!

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
https://youtu.be/LUstRXlS6mA

I made a dumb battlefield video.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
I feel like a drat canary in a coal mine tonight.
My sudden and inevitable death is like a beacon to my team to steamroll some poor bastard every 45 seconds

i've never felt so helpful scoring 2-15 before

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Sex Prospector posted:

https://youtu.be/LUstRXlS6mA

I made a dumb battlefield video.

holy poo poo I didn't know you killed the entire German army while I was sitting in heavenmenu praying for UNDER FIRE to go away

the car-tank-mine sandwich :lol:

Gynecolojustice posted:

I love ballroom blitz so much!

:yeah:

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
Considering my top two weapons are the incendiary grenade at 143 kills and the automatico trench at 140, I'm going to chalk it up to luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.
I am fed up with aiming down the sights after certain actions only to have my gun not shoot.