Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Timby posted:

There's absolutely nothing memorable about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XVWV5td7xc

I find the 'Beat It' sample/interpolation/whatever pretty memorable. The rest of it is just canned cinema music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That's the 'theme'. It's very hummable. And I'm going to say it. I'm gonna say it loud motha fuckas.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Say it all you want, it's still bland background music that feels like it could have come from generic Super Nintendo side-scroller #1,074.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I must admit, listening to it does make me want to play Contra 3.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah, whatever. I couldn't give a poo poo about taste really. It can be fun to listen too while driving (as Deadpool is), or it's just the right side of bland that I can use it to write other stories, or maybe I just find the theme so drat good that even if 90% of the score is just noise, that theme is gonna work for me every single time.

I still really dig that score. And there ain't much you, or anyone else here can do about it. :shrug:

To be fair, I've always wanted Silvesteri to score Deadpool, but I never thought that would happen.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I must admit, listening to it does make me want to play Contra 3.

That was pretty much the exact game I had in my head. That or, like, one of the Final Fights or R-Type.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I just don't get why people think he's stupid for sticking by the director, that seems commendable to me.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Mainly just because based on leaks people think the directors vision was stupid this time compared to Reynolds's.

So sticking by Miller sounds fine, but people disagree with his jester giving Miller all credit for his unique vision and that it isn't Deadpool without Miller.

greatn fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 4, 2016

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
And the director hes sticking by is the director of Sonic The Hedgehog.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I guess I get it now but both those reasons are bad

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hat Thoughts posted:

I just don't get why people think he's stupid for sticking by the director, that seems commendable to me.

It just feels like an odd and premature response, considering Junkie hasn't seen a script, doesn't know who the new director will be, it's not like they've started shooting and a movie is so much more than one guy. And it's not like Miller was unceremoniously fired, he chose to walk away.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Timby posted:

It just feels like an odd and premature response, considering Junkie hasn't seen a script, doesn't know who the new director will be, it's not like they've started shooting and a movie is so much more than one guy. And it's not like Miller was unceremoniously fired, he chose to walk away.

Well the whole thing was that Miller quit because Reynolds had more control in their disagreement, right? It just reads as him being faithful/only interested in working with Miller to me. He got me the job, I owe it to him, if he's not attached than I'm not either because his vision is what matters to me etc. etc.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He probably enjoyed working with Miller, and would've rather they pushed the score creatively together, then have someone else step in and bring in new notes.

A film is more than one guy, but one guy is still steering the boat.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"Dance with the one that brought you" or "don't date your friend's ex" are pretty common sentiments. I assume Junkie isn't so hard up for work that he has to take any job that comes his way and if his friend is off the project then he doesn't want to do it anymore.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Timby posted:

so movie guy walking is fine but music guy walking is some sort of betrayal?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Cage posted:

And the director hes sticking by is the director of Sonic The Hedgehog.

Just to clarify, he's not directing Sonic. He's producing it.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
It's true that it was later in the process but it's not like everyone got mad at people for leaving/trying to get out when Edgar Wright stopped being attached to Ant-Man. Obviously Wright has a million times more clout than Miller but if u believe Miller was significantly responsible for the success/quality of Deadpool then wouldn't you leave when he was no longer part of it?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

bring back old gbs posted:

so movie guy walking is fine but music guy walking is some sort of betrayal?

Oh, I don't care about the guy walking since his score was just sonic wallpaper. I was just saying it seemed like a premature response. But, hey, he's a 50-year-old guy who calls himself Junkie, so, whatever.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I mean, nothing about Deadpool really screamed "teamwork" to me. In fact, if anything, what should happen is Ryan Reynolds should resign to being a producer in solidarity and cast a complete different star - director - composer team.

edit:

I'm figurin' Rick Famuyiwa would be in on doing Deadpool 2, what with his unhappy experience with WB/DC. Why not turn lemons into lemonade?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

K. Waste posted:

I'm figurin' Rick Famuyiwa would be in on doing Deadpool 2, what with his unhappy experience with WB/DC. Why not turn lemons into lemonade?

He should direct the Sonic movie, since apparently Miller is just producing.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
IMO the Sonic score should be done by whoever's lead the last few games (Tomoya Ohtani?)

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Timby posted:

There's absolutely nothing memorable about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XVWV5td7xc

That Last Crusade bit is also used in Williams' Nixon score, and the piece from Force Awakens is extremely similar to the invasion of Naboo from Phantom Menace.

Yep, definitely a better match. So close it's got to be intentional.

https://youtu.be/KxC8IqnVUQI?t=170
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueqKtype7Kk

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I think they should get Chris-Chan to do a first pass on the Sonic screenplay.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Sir Kodiak posted:

He should direct the Sonic movie, since apparently Miller is just producing.

Nah, I say give that to the Shin Gojira guys

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The Wrap is reporting that Ciaran Hinds has been casted as Steppenwolf

quote:

It looks like the “Justice League” found it’s bad guy as “Game of Thrones” star Ciaran Hinds will play Steppenwolf in DC Films’ upcoming ensemble superhero movie which recently wrapped production, TheWrap has exclusively learned.

Hinds recently wrapped production on the role of Steppenwolf which is a motion capture character from an alien planet, much like the Marvel Studios villain Thanos played by Josh Brolin in “Avengers: Infinity War.”

Insiders also said that Steppenwolf’s look will be upgraded from his first appearance in the DC Films universe in a deleted scene from “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.”

I don't know how reliable the Wrap is for this kind of things though.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Pushing the boundaries of misusing the word star. Game of Thrones star (of four episodes half a decade ago and by star we mean he played a minor supporting role in one subplot)

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

DeimosRising posted:

Pushing the boundaries of misusing the word star. Game of Thrones star (of four episodes half a decade ago and by star we mean he played a minor supporting role in one subplot)

Somebody had to leave to give Jon Snow a reason to go North and get some sweet wildling strange.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Hinds will always be Julius Caesar.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

He's in Excalibur too, isn't he?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

New Lego Batman trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhIRbLHVD8o

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Pussy Quipped posted:

Snyder cast him just so he can hit him up for on-set stories about the movie.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DeimosRising posted:

I once saw a guy introduced on a talk show as the star of Pirates of the Caribbean. It turned out to be the skinny one of those two comic relief pirates

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Pussy Quipped posted:

I've googled this to confirm, and gently caress me he is. The number of times I have seen Excalibur exceeds the number of years some of the posters in this thread have lived, AND I like Rome quite a bit. But I have never during all these rewatches recognized Hinds, I don't even recognize him now, looking at the pictures. Dude has aged weirdly.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Grendels Dad posted:

I've googled this to confirm, and gently caress me he is. The number of times I have seen Excalibur exceeds the number of years some of the posters in this thread have lived, AND I like Rome quite a bit. But I have never during all these rewatches recognized Hinds, I don't even recognize him now, looking at the pictures. Dude has aged weirdly.

His skin is melting away from his skull like wax.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Tezcatlipoca posted:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

An important Doctor Strange review.

https://twitter.com/officialjaden/status/794410789562040321

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Hinds will always be one of the Jewish assassins in Munich to me.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

Thank God for Jaden Smith.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Tezcatlipoca posted:

His skin is melting away from his skull like wax.

Method acting for Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Tezcatlipoca posted:

The best Julius Caesar other than the actual Julius Caesar; much like how James Purefoy was the best Marc Antony

• Locked thread