Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Orgasm Sanction
Dec 30, 2006

Svelte

Colonel Corazon posted:

i think we've only been able to confirm that there are just roving tribes of trump supporters doing stuff sometimes, at least for columbus. we've seen a group at the board of elections for a few hours a day but i've got no idea what their affiliation really is. the only consistent sign of GOP life is their mailers and yard signs.

I'm up in Delaware and I've seen not one person canvassing, just signs, lots of signs.

E:D Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Baseball ??

Lol

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/794697030161563648

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
It's really hosed up that the FBI is blatantly interfering in an election this way. I mean, they've always been the least horrible of the secret intelligence agencies, at least since that creepy fucker Hoover died.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Plinkey posted:

Cheap and good enough.

oft has the same been said of me, friendo

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Colonel Corazon posted:

the dnc grassroots groups in Franklin county are going all out this weekend canvassing. we haven't seen trump people, have no friggin clue what their GOTV effort even is. we know its gonna be fuckin close!

i'm probably putting 20 hours into GOTV this weekend bc i refuse to let my wretched state go into the books voting for trump :shepicide:

GET OUT AND KNOCK ON DOORS Y'ALL

Hamilton county as well. I was going to drive people to the polls and got drafted to knock doors on Election Day instead. I'm excited, and I really think we can pull it off.

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
https://twitter.com/AbbyNuszky/status/794709394063642624

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/794709876962394112

lol

gently caress you, rick

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

cams posted:

donald trump should enlist the support of another current once-in-a-generation sports talent, mike trout. mike trout is not as popular, surely, but it wouldy help him pick up a few votes in the greater orange county area of southern california.

Literally, who?

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

lamentable dustman posted:

Maddow giving props to Bret Baier for retracting his report and he deserves props for admitting to loving biggly but it bothers me that no one is pointing out that if it wasn't a Fox News reporter doing it and it was against Trump Fox News would be going loving nuts right now calling for their head.

It's important to be kind to the mentally disabled. Kill em with kindness.

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

Bunleigh posted:

here's a grim fuckin thread for your Friday evening

https://twitter.com/Noahpinion/status/794680771944427524

2/One faction said the GOP should aggressively court Hispanics and compromise on immigration.
3/The other factor said the GOP should try to A) radicalize whites against minorities, and B) suppress minority voter turnout by any means.
4/At the time, most people assumed the first faction would win - HAD to win - this internal GOP debate. But nope.
5/The total GOP embrace of Trump means there's no going back. The GOP will win with racist radicalization/vote suppression, or not at all.
6/This is the death knell for our democracy. A slow move toward minority disenfranchisement will kill nonwhites' faith in elections.
7/Whereas successful radicalization of white GOP voters means they view any election where minorities *do* get to vote as illegitimate.
8/The result: No presidential election in the U.S. will be viewed as legitimate by the losers, ever again.
9/The result won't necessarily be civil war, but it will be Venezuela-style dysfunction. Mass protests, scattered increasing violence...
10/Security services taking sides, rumblings of military coups, corrupt charismatic leaders...win or lose, Trump is just the beginning.
11/Nor do I hold out much hope that GOP elites can reassert control over their party. They tried that this season and failed utterly.
12/Radicalization of whites against minorities has now snowballed beyond GOP elites' ability to control it at all.
13/Meanwhile, increasingly disenfranchised Dem voters will lose faith in the electoral process, and might stop even trying to vote.
14/But since demographic changes are baked in, this means we'll soon have a disenfranchised majority ruled by a radicalized minority.
15/In any case, I don't see a path forward for American democracy in the short term.
16/In the long term the solution is for whites and nonwhites to learn to live with each other, accept each other, etc. This IS happening.
17/But I am pessimistic that it will happen in time to save our democracy from Latin American style dysfunction. The die is cast. (end)

I'm gonna go get a beer.

Christmas came early, motherfuckers! You could even say... at an accelerated pace!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Karl Sharks posted:

not to mention voter suppression efforts also drive up minority enthusiasm for voting for obvious reason

Yeah. Plus young white people don't hate minorities as much as their parents, even if the stereotype of everyone just being one happy rainbow is mostly confined to college graduates and is an exaggeration even then.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

SirJohnnyMcDonald posted:

some people here were saying paradox games are too complicated

dwarf fortress is actually really super complicated and mostly for the reason paradox games used to be but are steadily improving on: the user interface is complete garbage and worse still is practically nonexistent

I would rather play aurora

paradox interactive games are nowhere near the level of df from what i can see, UI issues aside

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i am very worried about what the oldest, nastiest white people will be doing 30 years from now

brb pissed pants again

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Nite Crew is being dumb and watching a bad movie tonight while we try to fast forward through this hell election

http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew

Anyone is welcome to join and blow steam off!

(Unfortunately the third Neil Breen movie is not available http://i.imgur.com/z3uV9RP.mp4 )

The awful movie tonight is Parole Violators

We're doing a pre-show in :siren:at 9:30 pm EST, and the movie starts at 10:00 pm EST :siren:

So approx 10 minutes~ :sun: Don't be a stranger!

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Peztopiary posted:

It's really hosed up that the FBI is blatantly interfering in an election this way. I mean, they've always been the least horrible of the secret intelligence agencies, at least since that creepy fucker Hoover died.

I actually think Comely was in an incredibly difficult situation (leaks coming from down below if he just didn't say anything) and made the right call.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Sinteres posted:

He's right about what Republican intent would lead to, but voter suppression efforts haven't been very successful. As long as the judiciary isn't completely taken over by white nationalists, courts will strike down major violations. John Roberts made it easier for little poo poo to sneak through, but not on the level required for this guy's nightmare white minority ruling over brown and black people forever scenario. Demographics mean a Republican Party wedded to white nationalism dies very soon unless the military just takes over for them (or unless white Hispanics very quickly decide they're white and don't give a poo poo how badly people treat other Hispanics).

The problem there is that the Republicans have basically made themselves into the white nationalists party. If they try to make the steps to be less racist, they get eaten alive by the angry white men that comprise so much of their base.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

CommanderApaul posted:

Hamilton county as well. I was going to drive people to the polls and got drafted to knock doors on Election Day instead. I'm excited, and I really think we can pull it off.

we got this commander

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Zeroisanumber posted:

Literally, who?
yeah this is why my post was great. mike trout is 25 and the best player in baseball but he's on the angels, who loving suck atm.

i know very little about his personal beliefs but maybe he'd support trump

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Typo posted:

I actually think Comely was in an incredibly difficult situation (leaks coming from down below if he just didn't say anything) and made the right call.

lol really

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Quidam Viator posted:

Christmas came early, motherfuckers! You could even say... at an accelerated pace!

Do you ever get tired of calling for the deaths of millions?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQmbttoxUeE

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Themagicalgoat posted:

Yeah we know Ohio are stupid and craven and don't remember anything and worship power and wealth. That's the problem.

we here in ohio are americans, yes

didn't think there was confusion about this

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the third black president

https://twitter.com/dougmillsnyt/status/794706327532662784

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Typo posted:

He could have fired all the fuckers who were going to leak, and sent out the letter. It's really obvious that the FBI needs a reform if the people in NY think this is acceptable.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I thought we already hit 50k earlier this week.

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx

Karl Sharks posted:

paradox interactive games are nowhere near the level of df from what i can see, UI issues aside

learning new systems is fun and even is a learning curve of its own. eventually you can figure even the most byzantine of games out and it really doesn't take that long to do if you're willing to learn and the game is easy to navigate

stupid ui is really loving dumb and is not fun or interesting

not saying df is bad except its ui which is utter trash and i hate it

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Bunleigh posted:

here's a grim fuckin thread for your Friday evening

https://twitter.com/Noahpinion/status/794680771944427524

2/One faction said the GOP should aggressively court Hispanics and compromise on immigration.
3/The other factor said the GOP should try to A) radicalize whites against minorities, and B) suppress minority voter turnout by any means.
4/At the time, most people assumed the first faction would win - HAD to win - this internal GOP debate. But nope.
5/The total GOP embrace of Trump means there's no going back. The GOP will win with racist radicalization/vote suppression, or not at all.
6/This is the death knell for our democracy. A slow move toward minority disenfranchisement will kill nonwhites' faith in elections.
7/Whereas successful radicalization of white GOP voters means they view any election where minorities *do* get to vote as illegitimate.
8/The result: No presidential election in the U.S. will be viewed as legitimate by the losers, ever again.
9/The result won't necessarily be civil war, but it will be Venezuela-style dysfunction. Mass protests, scattered increasing violence...
10/Security services taking sides, rumblings of military coups, corrupt charismatic leaders...win or lose, Trump is just the beginning.
11/Nor do I hold out much hope that GOP elites can reassert control over their party. They tried that this season and failed utterly.
12/Radicalization of whites against minorities has now snowballed beyond GOP elites' ability to control it at all.
13/Meanwhile, increasingly disenfranchised Dem voters will lose faith in the electoral process, and might stop even trying to vote.
14/But since demographic changes are baked in, this means we'll soon have a disenfranchised majority ruled by a radicalized minority.
15/In any case, I don't see a path forward for American democracy in the short term.
16/In the long term the solution is for whites and nonwhites to learn to live with each other, accept each other, etc. This IS happening.
17/But I am pessimistic that it will happen in time to save our democracy from Latin American style dysfunction. The die is cast. (end)

I'm gonna go get a beer.

Jesus this depresses the gently caress out of me because I could see it happening :-/

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Hello Nasty Women and Bad Hombres!

Goons have raised over $25,000 for RAINN (Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network). It's a fantastic non profit group that spends 93 cents of every dollar donated on directly helping survivors and preventing sexual violence. Anything you're able to give will matter and make a difference!

Join us and post your donation in this thread to add to the tally! And if you'd like a sweet as hell gang tag, go on to post in the Nasty Woman / Bad Hombre Donation Thread.

Let's do something Good!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

cams posted:

yeah this is why my post was great. mike trout is 25 and the best player in baseball but he's on the angels, who loving suck atm.

i know very little about his personal beliefs but maybe he'd support trump

He should've tried harder to enlist Tom Brady.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:sigh:
Forgive me, Lastgirl, for I have Arzy'd.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

SalTheBard posted:

Jesus this depresses the gently caress out of me because I could see it happening :-/

lol

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Samuel Clemens posted:

The +D margin was 50k yesterday, this is raw turnout for today alone in the most +D county in the state

It's bigly bad for el trumpo

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

TARDISman posted:

Maddow's applauding Bret Baier for apologizing for the whole "indictment" thing. She's too good for cable news. :allears:

did she mention dan rather

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Samuel Clemens posted:

thats turnout for the day

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker

Samuel Clemens posted:

50K is raw total for today, may increase firewall by 10K.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Colonel Corazon posted:

we got this commander

:black101:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Epic High Five posted:

The +D margin was 50k yesterday, this is raw turnout for today alone in the most +D county in the state

It's bigly bad for el trumpo

+D margin is 61k right now not including anything today. It's lights out. :abuela:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Geostomp posted:

The problem there is that the Republicans have basically made themselves into the white nationalists party. If they try to make the steps to be less racist, they get eaten alive by the angry white men that comprise so much of their base.
people keep saying this but i don't think it is accurate at all. november 9th, party is gonna reorganize, disavow trump, and get back on track. the racists go back to thinking the system is broken and still voting republican because GUNS.

gop will either double down on evangelicals, anti-trumpers, or the hispanic vote. a "trump" coalition cannot exist because it loses women and you cannot do anything without women. cruz, kasich, and ryan are potential guys to build upon, rubio might be damaged goods.

not to say a faction cannot exist, but trump will be disavowed by anything considered to be the "gop" itself. refuse to say gop establishment cause the way people use it is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Epic High Five posted:

:eyepop:

• Locked thread