Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

It is the same ID as Full Break/Multi Break, yes, so you can't stack those but the Burst commands are Power Breakdown and Magic Breakdown so there is no need to bring defensive breakdowns at all. Unfortunately, Wakka's skillset pretty much means that you're opening up Armor/Mental Breakdown and Affliction Break. Still, AoE Full Breakdown is nothing to scoff at.

In this situation, Armor Breakdown is very useful. If you're using any other physical attackers, it improves their damage. Given the high DEF of current bosses, it is unlikely that any of those attackers are hitting the damage cap so the Armor Breakdown is improving everyone's DPS. It makes up for Wakka's low ATK. Once you bust out his BSB, just cycle attack command, defend command, Armor Breakdown. Really that's all a support character needs to do anyhow. I do this with Faris and her BSB.

Edit:

My spreadsheet, pretty self-explanatory

Benthalus fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Nov 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

IllegallySober posted:

I know several of you keep Excel spreadsheets to sort your relics. Could one or two of you post yours again so I can see how you have it organized? Trying to put one together for myself. Thanks!

Here's the one for my JP account. The only thing I do that's nonstandard is I colorize the realm number based on how strong my healing relics are for the realm. Very light green means I just have heavy regen, very heavy green means I have a healer BSB, other shades are in between. Oh also the base 4 star items are off to the side, I don't need them much any more for most realms (as you can see).

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Zurai posted:

Here's the one for my JP account. The only thing I do that's nonstandard is I colorize the realm number based on how strong my healing relics are for the realm. Very light green means I just have heavy regen, very heavy green means I have a healer BSB, other shades are in between. Oh also the base 4 star items are off to the side, I don't need them much any more for most realms (as you can see).

IcePhoenix posted:

I haven't updated this in a while but

I'll probably get rid of the 4* stuff and have BSB as Bold Underlined (and OSB as All Three if I ever get one)

I suppose I'll need an 8* color for my Lullaby Rod as well. Probably gold since I try to base them off the background.

Also, I'm real happy that I can pull on the FF XII banner but now I don't know if I want to save it for a later event or not :downs:

Exactly what I needed. Thank you both!

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Does the ability to trade multiple Souls/Lodes for growth eggs ever get added? I have so many that I will never be using most likely but it's a pain to trade them in one at a time.

Vprisoner
Jun 28, 2007

THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
SHININGLASER!!!
So let's say I don't draw Apocalypse, specifically. What is the general strategy for the Ultimate++ looking like?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Vprisoner posted:

So let's say I don't draw Apocalypse, specifically. What is the general strategy for the Ultimate++ looking like?

Absolute maximum magical mitigation (Omega Weapon's only physical attack is its basic autoattack), if you have any water damage bring it, otherwise stick with non-elemental stuff because it resists everything else. If you have native Shout or Wall, you can try getting it half-dead on your own then using a RW Tidus OSB to kill it (358k HP, but Energy Rain should do 99999 to it).

Vprisoner
Jun 28, 2007

THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
SHININGLASER!!!

Zurai posted:

Absolute maximum magical mitigation (Omega Weapon's only physical attack is its basic autoattack), if you have any water damage bring it, otherwise stick with non-elemental stuff because it resists everything else. If you have native Shout or Wall, you can try getting it half-dead on your own then using a RW Tidus OSB to kill it (358k HP, but Energy Rain should do 99999 to it).

That's actually not too bad since I have native Divine Guardian and SG. Faris has her BSB and I pulled Penelo's during the FF12 event so my debuff/defense game is rock solid. I'll have to see what I can do about water damage, though.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

IllegallySober posted:

I know several of you keep Excel spreadsheets to sort your relics. Could one or two of you post yours again so I can see how you have it organized? Trying to put one together for myself. Thanks!

Mine's starting to get a bit long, because I also use it to help me remember who has SB's in the first place. I'll probably start dropping non-character relics or armor down to separate rows soon.

(edit) also out of date, still haven't added my new Halloween and FF12 stuff.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Nov 4, 2016

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Maybe I don't have a well enough stacked holy team given I've got Cecil's old SBB and a R3 Saint's Cross and Agrias SB but that was a very hard U+++. Everyone was dead sans Cecil at the very end. Good enough~

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Is it possible to get a rough idea of what I can expect from different difficulties?

I really want that Memory Lode 2 from the Ashe event, but I dunno what sort of difficulty i'm in for pushing towards it. Big stamina investment (I only have 71!) and I have no idea how scary +, ++ and +++ are, or have much of a sense of the numerical difficulties. I would just start fighting until I lose, but there's a ton of things I could be using the stam for instead if it's a waste of my time right now.

I'm comfortably unlocking the first tier of memory crystals, but I figure the next tier might be a little out of reach still :v:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Excaliburs for days

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Wilekat posted:

Is it possible to get a rough idea of what I can expect from different difficulties?

I really want that Memory Lode 2 from the Ashe event, but I dunno what sort of difficulty i'm in for pushing towards it. Big stamina investment (I only have 71!) and I have no idea how scary +, ++ and +++ are, or have much of a sense of the numerical difficulties. I would just start fighting until I lose, but there's a ton of things I could be using the stam for instead if it's a waste of my time right now.

I'm comfortably unlocking the first tier of memory crystals, but I figure the next tier might be a little out of reach still :v:

The +/++/+++ stuff isn't too bad, really, if you're already doing the 90 and 99 content. The biggest difference is probably that the fights will get harder to master, since bosses will start having 2-3 mastery requirements that aren't just "Don't die". I'd say they start to be perfectly doable once you have a solid 5-man team at level 50 or above, with White Mage/Support/DPS/DPS/DPS, and the ability to hit elemental weaknesses.

Ability wise, you can do just fine with 3* stuff. Especially Power and Magic break where appropriate (read the boss description!), elemental magic and/or spellblades to hit weaknesses. 3* Foundation Abilities here is always a good start: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/4hbewc/expanding_your_options_endgame_ability_creation/ Generally aim for r3+ for 3* abilities, these fights will be longer than what you've been doing so far. Then aim for r1 Protectga and Shellaga from 4* abilities. That should do for skills to be able to do at least + and ++ fights comfortably. Craft other abilities when needed for requirements.

Then finally, powercreep has gone WAY past +/++/+++ fights, and you can probably just clown some of these bosses with appropriate OSB or BSB's as your RW. Think water weak boss, and hitting it with the new Tidus OSB for 99,999x2 and ending the fight instantly. Otherwise things like Shout or Sentinel Grimoire are huge for breaking in to this difficulty too.

tl;dr: They're not too bad these days. There are occasional outliers, but generally these guys aren't too hard. Just try the waters once in a while, to gauge how far you're in power, and you might get surprised.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 4, 2016

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

did a 50 on the 10 banner hoping for yunas staff since shes my primary mage ended up with wakkas burst, paines ssb, tidus' armor, and aurons ssb. Paine is pretty good i havent used her before and im glad i got some good stat armor even though ill probably never use wakka.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
On getting MC2s, go to the Curada Nightmare once they open up again and take down Defender Z. You literally cannot die as long as you Berserk him, so it's a pretty easy MC2 to grab since the fight is so easy to cheese. Hand it to Cloud or Tyro and put that Dr.Mog's and Mako Might to good use.

They're honestly a big part of making the Bonus Battles of the events doable since you can just start with an SB charged for the boss which you can no longer do via trash mobs.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Attestant posted:

Mine's starting to get a bit long, because I also use it to help me remember who has SB's in the first place. I'll probably start dropping non-character relics or armor down to separate rows soon.

Yeah, dropping Armor into its own section really helped clean it up for me.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

oh my goodness I need that sad Vivi OSB

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
In case anyone's wondering what to do with all these 3* motes, Krile's Bard sphere that should be asking for 4* motes takes 3* motes by mistake. So that's a good one to fill in while it's like that.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

In case anyone's wondering what to do with all these 3* motes, Krile's Bard sphere that should be asking for 4* motes takes 3* motes by mistake. So that's a good one to fill in while it's like that.

Oh dang, that's a good catch. I'll probably do that. Wonder if any others are like that.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

It'll be like that forever. DeNA doesn't fix mistakes which are in the players' favor. For example, Yuffie's SSB only costs 10k experience to learn, unique among all SSBs. That's a mistake and it's been like that in Japan for nearly a year, unfixed, because there's no benefit to them fixing it and doing the fix could cause all kinds of drama and trouble. FFRK is actually just about the best-managed game (not just mobile game, either) in that respect and with regard to power creep.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Samba De Amigo posted:

Oh dang, that's a good catch. I'll probably do that. Wonder if any others are like that.

Nah, the only other character that has a 3* class on a 4* spot is Eiko (coincidentally also Bard), and her sphere takes the right rarity of motes.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Kawalimus posted:

EAT MY SPHERES KRILE! EAT THEM BEFORE THEY FIX IT!

Zurai posted:

It'll be like that forever. DeNA doesn't fix mistakes which are in the players' favor. For example, Yuffie's SSB only costs 10k experience to learn, unique among all SSBs. That's a mistake and it's been like that in Japan for nearly a year, unfixed, because there's no benefit to them fixing it and doing the fix could cause all kinds of drama and trouble. FFRK is actually just about the best-managed game (not just mobile game, either) in that respect and with regard to power creep.

Very good point there...uh...are Krile's eyes supposed to be bulging out like that? Ah whatever, raise is a thing.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Zurai posted:

I don't expect them to either but I'd rather just do it just in case, and you get plenty of 3* motes.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Zurai posted:

Don't use Wrath if you're using Shout as your boost source. Wrath, for whatever reason, also has a +3% Attack buff which will overwrite Shout. That's fine for someone like Y'shtola who's not going to use her Attack stat, but it'll ruin Wakka's damage.

Goddammit, Wakka, why can't you use Lifesiphon and make my life easier :argh: Thanks for saving me from myself.

Benthalus posted:

In this situation, Armor Breakdown is very useful. If you're using any other physical attackers, it improves their damage. Given the high DEF of current bosses, it is unlikely that any of those attackers are hitting the damage cap so the Armor Breakdown is improving everyone's DPS. It makes up for Wakka's low ATK. Once you bust out his BSB, just cycle attack command, defend command, Armor Breakdown. Really that's all a support character needs to do anyhow. I do this with Faris and her BSB.

That's a good idea, I usually run Tyro or Ramza as my support for Wall/Shout, so it'll take a little adjusting to rethink my usual A Team. Change is spooky but a BSB is a BSB.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Zurai posted:

Pretty sure that particular bug wasn't fixed because otherwise they'd legally have to refund mythril and gems to any players that pulled on banners the item was on.

Similar thing happened with the SOLDIER Breastplate (VII), a generic Light Armor. They accidentally advertised its Level 30 stats as its level 20 stats. Rather then fix it and deal with that mess, they just upped the stats to that point.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Man. Daedalus is looking like it could be the first fight I can't beat since like... Bahamut Sin. I just can't muster enough damage with just a r4 Banishing Strike and a r3 Saint Cross. My only Holy SB of note is the badly aged first P.Cecil SSB. And since he's so low on early AoE, I'm having immense trouble keeping up either Shout or Wall, because I'm not building SB fast enough.

Combine that with the random chance of "get hosed by endless Stop", and I'm just making zero progress.

(edit) Ah christ, another run died because Tri-attack slowed Ramza right after Shout, with no additional source of Haste available.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Nov 5, 2016

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Now that I have a decent synergy base, I'm considering going through and getting rid of a bunch of 3* trash, because I rarely if ever use it. Any advice on which 3++s are worth keeping? I'm mostly going to keep the ones in realms with poo poo synergy like I and II, but I want to prune IV through VI deeply.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Attestant posted:

Man. Daedalus is looking like it could be the first fight I can't beat since like... Bahamut Sin. I just can't muster enough damage with just a r4 Banishing Strike and a r3 Saint Cross. My only Holy SB of note is the badly aged first P.Cecil SSB. And since he's so low on early AoE, I'm having immense trouble keeping up either Shout or Wall, because I'm not building SB fast enough.

Combine that with the random chance of "get hosed by endless Stop", and I'm just making zero progress.

(edit) Ah christ, another run died because Tri-attack slowed Ramza right after Shout, with no additional source of Haste available.

I had this same exact problem except I have 3 Holy SSB's (PCecil SSB like you, Beatrix BSB and Locke BSB) and I was barely able to beat it. That one was super frustrating.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Whew, got it. :toot:

Completely rebuild my party from scratch to try something new, and whadda ya know, nailed it on the first try! I looked at what trouble I was having (Issues keeping up native SG or Shout, getting overwhelmed by damage if someone crucial is stopped.), and looked for a workaround.

Moving to a double support setup with Lifesiphon + Break/Breakdown with Ramza and Tyro meant I could keep up my SG and Shout reliably, as long as no Stop happened. Cecil was kept to be a damage dealer, starting with SC and moving on to his SSB late fight. Ingus was the designated tank, and helped immensely with keeping the party alive. Initially just by drawing magic, but later with his SSB, which does solid damage while also acting as a Draw Fire + Magic Lure. Used to have Beatrix in this slot out of habit, but her Magic Blink SSB was kinda useless in comparison to Ingus.

Final piece of the puzzle for me was Eiko BSB, which served a triple function: 1) Increase my overall DPS with the +Crit%, 2) Apply Phys Blink to party members, in hopes of eating Tri-attacks and Pulsar Wave, and 3) Provide enough AoE burst heal to keep up with Very Weak-stage AoE spam. And it performed all three functions perfectly. Lenna actually had 11 uses of Curaja left at the end of the fight, since she could focus on soul breaks and burst commands the entire fight.

Glad that's over.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 5, 2016

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Attestant posted:

Have you tried Unsung Hero? Holy damage, but more importantly, large defense up? If you're RWing a Wall, it largely replaces that with good holy dps

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Thundercracker posted:

Have you tried Unsung Hero? Holy damage, but more importantly, large defense up? If you're RWing a Wall, it largely replaces that with good holy dps
If you're doing this, make sure you have someone with magic lure and a major dark resist accessory. Piercing Darkra is his only magical offense you have to worry about.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Thanks for this! Curious how it'll go. Cleaned up a pair of 99s no problem, so now the fun begins. Really hurting for greater orbs, particularly earth, to get Shellaga (I've got protectga).

Remembering that I don't need to master it is proving helpful :v:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Thundercracker posted:

Yeah, Ramza's BSB is situational and, no, it isn't Shout, but it's amazing in its own right, being a holy-flavor entry and attacking command with, if I recall, a better DEF kickback than Trueblade/Zantetsuken Reverse/Rose of May.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

IllegallySober posted:

Leviathan edition. This collection was built with a single 11+1 on most banners, though I ignore the ones where I have 2 or more relics already. For example, not pulling on the bro banner. G5 has done wonders for my spreadsheet.

Varance fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 5, 2016

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
Had an awesome FFRK night. Last weekend I squeaked out a win against Daedalus but didn't get the mastery. I was using Fang's BSB as my main damage source, turns out it's not very good against wind-resistant enemies.

So, I spent all week tweaking my team's gear and skills, and most importantly leveling Hope to 65 since I had his BSB. I went back in and wrecked Daedalus, got the mastery on the first try. Hope's BSB command was doing 20k a turn, compared to Fang's doing 6k. Two people died because I got greedy and cast a Diaga in the second half of the fight instead of healing.

Then to top it off I got Kuja's SSB on the dollar pull, and went 4/11 (Garland armor, Vincent SSB, Zell SSB, Kuja SSB #2).

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Ba'gamnan and co fell embarrassingly fast before the power of...the 4* sharpshooter skill :confuoot:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Forgot to lower Ba'Gamnan's attack on the final round, still mastered it anyway. :v:

I'm still a little sore about skipping my 11 pull on this banner, but I need to save the mythril for Onion Knight.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ytlaya posted:

I'm wondering how in the world these Overstrikes can outperform BSBs. Even if the attack itself does more damage than the initial BSB, it seems like several turns of using the BSB's skills will end up doing more overall. The weapon itself is still obviously really good, but it seems like the skill isn't as useful.

OSBs don't excite me for this reason. You can't really do a straight comparison, but a solid BSB with utility is going to be better in most situations.

Having both is best of all! :circlefap:

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
I got a magus rod from the x banner (105 MAG/61 MND). It's shared, it does ice damage to one target and it reduces their MAG a moderate amount. Could it be any lamer? Let's not pretend that something like that has utility! I'm jealous of every turd that pulled a chaos rod or tidus OSB.

I did pull auron's riot blade and tidus' strike (light armor17 ATK/111 DEF/111 RES, 3 hits on one target with next two actions having no delay. Finally I get another layer to debuff...

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Zell's SSB on my dollar pull, what is happening :stare: I really needed some physical DPS for VIII but this good luck is making me nervous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Forgot to lower Ba'Gamnan's attack on the final round, still mastered it anyway. :v:

I'm still a little sore about skipping my 11 pull on this banner, but I need to save the mythril for Onion Knight.

They all died before I got Halting Rumba off, still an easy Master.

I'd post my spreadsheet, but my XII synegy is embarassingly large and dwarfs a lot of my other realms (except maybe VIII). I usually just stick to a SB spreadsheet instead.

• Locked thread