Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Geostomp posted:

Juror #4 sounds like this biggest arrogant, self-important tool possible.

if you actually contact the media instead of taking full advantage of your juror anonymity to fade into the background being a dipshit is pretty much a given.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Contact the media, but only for those sweet book deals, IMO.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ate all the Oreos posted:

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/794291337398845440

Of course they didn't think they were breaking the law what the gently caress is wrong with you :psyduck:

Juror #4 sounds like a loving gift from God to the defense. JFC this person is a world class idiot. :psyduck:

I can only imagine every time one of the prosecutors reads something about this person they just take another swig from whatever booze they have nearby.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

poz my badgerhole

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Juror #4 sounds like a loving gift from God to the defense. JFC this person is a world class idiot. :psyduck:

I can only imagine every time one of the prosecutors reads something about this person they just take another swig from whatever booze they have nearby.

I hope that the Nevada prosecutor is paying attention so they know more questions to ask their jury pool...

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

McGlockenshire posted:

I hope that the Nevada prosecutor is paying attention so they know more questions to ask their jury pool...

When does the thread start up again with the nevada trials?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I didn't see it posted here, but it's somewhat related: Sovcit sympathizer Sheriff Glen Palmer of Grant County has been running his reelection campaign without notifying the state elections board to actually have an official campaign, because that's for scrubs.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Krinkle posted:

When does the thread start up again with the nevada trials?

Feburary

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Aw gently caress. That's so long.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Krinkle posted:

Aw gently caress. That's so long.

Don’t fear. Their emboldened buddies will commit more crimes before then.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

aw ffuck, i don't want that

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Hopefully more suicide by cop when the Hillary wins

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Alan Smithee posted:

More like another drive-thru protest, maybe with really severe glares this time.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Alan Smithee posted:

I'm gonna put my money on more of their "we won't fire the first shot!" while pointing loaded weapons at police and civilians schtick

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Platystemon posted:

Don’t fear. Their emboldened buddies will commit more crimes before then.

Yep, already happening, even before the election.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
nooooooo Janet not when we needed you the most

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
A bad omen indeed.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
"Janet Reno may no longer be with us, but I can still call upon her power from time to time." -Hillary as she personally signs the authorization for the FBI to go in with flame throwers.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

abuela is more likely to turn the flamethrowers on FBI hq at this point

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

abuela is more likely to turn the flamethrowers on FBI hq at this point

She can be skeptical scully to comeys wingnut mulder

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Give Comey's job to Lon Horiuchi.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Casimir Radon posted:

Give Comey's job to Lon Horiuchi.

Good ragey comedy option. I like it.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

An old-right at work explained to me all about how the takeover was against feds seizing land with uranium mines so the Clinton foundation could sell the uranium to Russia. And thats why the bundys were protesting.

Is this a thing?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
That's what a lot of people on the far right believe.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Bombadilillo posted:

An old-right at work explained to me all about how the takeover was against feds seizing land with uranium mines so the Clinton foundation could sell the uranium to Russia. And thats why the bundys were protesting.

Is this a thing?
It is a thing. First, it's a tenant of faith among the right that Clinton is a traitor who sold our uranium to Putin in exchange for donations to the Clinton Foundation (there is no evidence whatsoever of a pay-for-play). Starting from that premise, one conspiracy theory emerged that the Hammond's land (not the Bundy's) has uranium under it and that's why the feds brought the hammer down on them (there is no uranium under their land). There's another that that reason the feds were so upset about Malhauer is there are plans for a uranium mine there and the dastardly protesters disrupted it (there are plans to put a uranium mine kind of near Malhauer county, not controlled by Uranium One). Be sure not to confuse it with the conspiracy theory that the Bundy's were kicked off their land because Harry Reid's son wanted to build a solar plant there (Breitbart published a good takedown of it).

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Gobbeldygook posted:

First, it's a tenant of faith among the right

You meant to use the word "tenet." Sorry, but this is one of the errors that really bugs me.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Code Jockey posted:

lmao yes, police brutality killed the tarpman, right

One of my friends tried arguing that the Bundys being acquitted meant that therefore the arrest and roadblock were unjustified and illegal, and therefore Finicum was murdered. :psyduck:

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Your friend is an idiot.

The most convincing (but still poo poo) argument I've heard for the blockade being illegal is that the cars who pulled LaVoy over were unmarked and that the officers never officially declared they were law enforcement. So by that logic LaVoy was correct in saying he would pull over at the John Day sheriff's office, or wherever he was meeting him.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Gobbeldygook posted:

It is a thing. First, it's a tenant of faith among the right that Clinton is a traitor who sold our uranium to Putin in exchange for donations to the Clinton Foundation (there is no evidence whatsoever of a pay-for-play). Starting from that premise, one conspiracy theory emerged that the Hammond's land (not the Bundy's) has uranium under it and that's why the feds brought the hammer down on them (there is no uranium under their land). There's another that that reason the feds were so upset about Malhauer is there are plans for a uranium mine there and the dastardly protesters disrupted it (there are plans to put a uranium mine kind of near Malhauer county, not controlled by Uranium One). Be sure not to confuse it with the conspiracy theory that the Bundy's were kicked off their land because Harry Reid's son wanted to build a solar plant there (Breitbart published a good takedown of it).

Thank you.

This is the quality post I was looking for.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
my favorite part is "Breitbart published a good takedown of it"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bombadilillo posted:

Is this a thing?

The Uranium One deal is one of the kernels of truth here, but the American companies involved were happy to sell. There was no seizure.

The other kernel is that U.S. did indeed seize private uranium stocks and mines at one time—over fifty years ago, starting with the Manhattan Project in WWII and ending in 1959. The Homer Laughlin Company, maker of Fiesta dinnerware, is the most well‐known example here. It was a very reasonable thing to do as a wartime measure, and arguably save millions of lives, depending on your opinion of the atomic bombings of Japan.

The U.S. almost immediately segued into the Cold War, and it goes without saying that the Feds were not sharing with the Russkies.

Those are the two dots that conspiracy theorists are connecting, never mind that they’re in separate books entirely.

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 04:37 on Nov 8, 2016

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

Bombadilillo posted:

Thank you.

This is the quality post I was looking for.

Also, the proposed uranium mining operation was near McDermitt. Those counties in south eastern Oregon are huge, and the proposed uranium mine is a hundred miles from Burns, the refuge, and the Hammond's ranch.

It was basically a story of half truths that made no sense to anyone who could read a map.

As an aside, there are also abandoned uranium mines in neighboring Lake county, so uranium mining in that area is not unheard of.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
are the bundys released and are they going to trial in nevada

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

eonwe posted:

are the bundys released and are they going to trial in nevada

No, they are not released because they are facing serious federal charges in Nevada and are deemed a flight risk.
They got transferred from Portland, OR to Seattle, WA a few days ago.
They'll be moved to NV eventually for the Feb '17 trial date.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Chief McHeath posted:

How has no one mentioned his name is Jerry loving BOATMAN.

The one sovcit that is vulnerable to the gold trim

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Fun fact: You can purchase early 20th century uranium glassware on ebay, and it's surprisngly affordable. It glows under a blacklight.

So you know keep it next to your stoned wizard on top of a giant mushroom blacklight poster or something.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

http://mtcowgirl.com/2016/11/07/chet-billi-18-year-old-sovereign-citizen-candidate-in-his-wo/

quote:

Meet Chet Billi – 18-year-old Sovereign Citizen Candidate
With a white supremacist candidate running for legislature in Columbia Falls, the disturbing candidacy of young brownshirt Chet Billi has gotten less attention. Let’s here [sic] from the candidate…

(ht: Discendo Vox)

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

TotalLossBrain posted:

No, they are not released because they are facing serious federal charges in Nevada and are deemed a flight risk.

Oh drat it, they're here?

Surprised I haven't seen any of the area's many lifted trucks sporting gadsden flags yet, but there's still time I suppose. I was hoping to see people being dumb about this when I was in Salem last weekend, but sadly no.

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

cumshitter posted:

Fun fact: You can purchase early 20th century uranium glassware on ebay, and it's surprisngly affordable. It glows under a blacklight.

So you know keep it next to your stoned wizard on top of a giant mushroom blacklight poster or something.

Finally a bright spot in this thread's grim days...

---

Home they may go...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord

TotalLossBrain posted:

They are deemed a flight risk from the bird sanctuary?