Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

boxcarhobo posted:

this is legit beautiful

That Mardi Gras jersey is my legit favorite and I hate the shirsey they designed last season to replace it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Tae posted:

So I mentioned that the NBA as a whole are doing conference rematches really soon, and I don't really get it? Does it save money or something if the Wizards and Hawks play each other twice in a week if they go to each other's home? I understand if you're doing a semi-baseball thing where you play your 2 games against the Bucks at home in 3 days, but this is just weird.

If nothing else, it is an artificial way to give some teams a playoff-like experience when it comes to adjusting to a team you just played. I don't see anything wrong with it.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am extremely bummed that the actually three alphas are good and owning everyone era lasted exactly three games

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

schmitty9800 posted:

But Forman's best moves only happened because Wade was bitter and decided to come home, and because Butler decided to not bet on himself.

Wade came here because the Bulls were the only team dumb enough to pay him $50 million over the next 2 seasons.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

i am extremely bummed that the actually three alphas are good and owning everyone era lasted exactly three games

I also would've liked it lasting longer since nothing in the Eastern conference is of consequence. Maybe upset blowouts of both the Spurs and Warriors.

e: wade's 3 pt percentage is still 20 points higher than curry's. they just need to play some more bad teams

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Nov 6, 2016

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

On the other hand we will get the three alphas who are bad and fight with each other and lock Hoiberg in a broom closet

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ghost Dog posted:

the warriors were a fantastic defensive team last year and years before tho, they werent winning because of just overwhelming offense, at least not in the playoffs. and especially against the cavs their greatest strength has been having two different guys who can credibly guard lebron, without andrew bogut behind them i wonder how credible that defense remains.

I would argue they were bad defensively against Portland and just mediocre against the Thunder.

Tae posted:

So I mentioned that the NBA as a whole are doing conference rematches really soon, and I don't really get it? Does it save money or something if the Wizards and Hawks play each other twice in a week if they go to each other's home? I understand if you're doing a semi-baseball thing where you play your 2 games against the Bucks at home in 3 days, but this is just weird.
I seem to remember Silver say he was going to try and reduce travel time.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rick posted:

I would argue they were bad defensively against Portland and just mediocre against the Thunder.

I seem to remember Silver say he was going to try and reduce travel time.

That was also my stance last year. Honestly they didn't try hard in the playoffs at all.

On D. Though Bogut wasn't there most of those series so maybe he was important.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
It hurts to admit the truth, but the Hawks are a pretty good basketball team. I thought Dwight was basically in a tailspin defensively but if he gets back to at least Houston WCF quality they will be quite good. He was great tonight.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/FredKatz/status/795074624946143232

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
OKC strategy - get a bunch of guys from losing teams who are so glad to win every now and then that they don't mind Russ shooting 65 times a game.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
N: https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/795071585317048320

V: Pacer fans deserve to be hit in the face with a kicked ball, they never cheer, they never stand, they sometimes politely clap.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

chunkles posted:

It hurts to admit the truth, but the Hawks are a pretty good basketball team. I thought Dwight was basically in a tailspin defensively but if he gets back to at least Houston WCF quality they will be quite good. He was great tonight.

Budenholzer is legit one of the best coaches in the league. I remember seeing some graph for last season where Hawks led the league in wide open shots (and also led the league in having the worst % of those shots going in)

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Yeah, he's the Pop disciple that worked out. Plus this Hawks team is probably a little better for Dwight. I still believe his post game is dead and buried but they will have more spacing than the Rockets did in any of his years.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

chunkles posted:

Yeah, he's the Pop disciple that worked out. Plus this Hawks team is probably a little better for Dwight. I still believe his post game is dead and buried but they will have more spacing than the Rockets did in any of his years.

Didn't the Rockets start Beverly/Harden/Ariza/Ross or Montejunas? How much more spacing do you want, outside of making Dwight a stretch 5.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Joel Embiid is the GOAT

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Tae posted:

Didn't the Rockets start Beverly/Harden/Ariza/Ross or Montejunas? How much more spacing do you want, outside of making Dwight a stretch 5.

Motiejunas doesn't space, basically nobody on the bench could hit a three most of his time there. I feel like Budenholzer runs a smarter offense than McHale and the Hawks have better shooting than the Rockets did during his time there, but it's also arguable that Harden provides more spacing.

My main point is that Dwight requires a shitload of spacing because he insists on posting up where he can be double teamed instead of running pick and rolls.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Bismack blocking Trey Burke

https://streamable.com/nufw

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Dwight was still pretty good the last few years, I don't know why people are surprised he's still good on a team that's running a better scheme for his play. He's a still a good defensive center, and he's still efficient in his touches, even if he's not the transcendent superstar he was before his injuries.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
With the state of the Mavs :negative: being what it is, I need to adopt a team (preferably eastern conference.) Normally, I would revert to my #2 team but the Pelicans are also having a difficult season. Somebody sell me on their team with playoff hopes.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Who is Cory Joseph and is he any good?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Who is Cory Joseph and is he any good?
probably the best back up point guard in the league

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

With the Kings being dogshit again, the Bulls will now have traded Luol Deng in a season they won 48 games for a trade exception they were too cheap to use.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Also gently caress the Kings. How can you be this incompetent for this long?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

For some reason, the Kings took 5 centers/start 2 as the trend to follow

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

straight up brolic posted:

probably the best back up point guard in the league

Too bad it won't go anywhere

Joel Embiid is the prophet

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I think the raptors have the personnel to make Nerlens fit? But is Nerlens good? Or can he ever be good? Is he worth Joseph, is joseph expiring or something?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Haha.

Hahahaha.

Hahahahahaahhaahahhaaha.

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/795096559872417792

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Pels are down to a single primary ball-handler. They have lost three, so far. Watch out, Tim Frazier, you are next!

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
CoJo is so fuckin overrated. He is Not Good. I would welcome that trade

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
"Man, what I wouldn't give to win the draft lottery and get Anthony Davis!"

*monkey paw curls a finger*

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Hey Jrue.. I know your wife just had brain surgery and a baby but could you maybe come back a little sooner...

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Did the Pelicans fire their medical staff, or are they still sharing them with the Saints?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Tae posted:

Did the Pelicans fire their medical staff, or are they still sharing them with the Saints?

They are on their second different medical staff under Benson. Third in the last seven years.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Just pull a Sam Mitchell and force Buddy Hield to learn ballhandling by playing him at point guard

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
New Orleans is cursed as a basketball city, move the Pelicans to St. Louis or Las Vegas

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Criminal Minded posted:

Joel Embiid is the GOAT
I feel like Hakeem Olajuwon is a good comp for Embiid.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

ragle posted:

New Orleans is cursed as a basketball city, move the Pelicans to St. Louis or Las Vegas

no u

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

ragle posted:

im fine with sacrificing player lives to get the all star game there sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Dejan Bimble posted:

I think the raptors have the personnel to make Nerlens fit? But is Nerlens good? Or can he ever be good? Is he worth Joseph, is joseph expiring or something?

He's super weird because he has some clear potential defensively and has done some good stuff but his size gives such limitations that you wonder how much he can improve. Also he's so bad offensively. Like if he could just catch the ball and finish consistently he'd be fine at least but he still has issues with that. I have no clue what his value is, especially considering he's a RFA after the year so he's gonna get a big raise.

• Locked thread