Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

How do you use the 2xp :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

How do you use the 2xp :confused:

Look at the lower right when starting a match, if you have one it prompts you to press a button to enable it.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I wish I could put the 40 mm cannon on other titans. It's a sexy gun.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Yodzilla posted:

Also I unlocked the Thunderbolt and it might be the most ineffective weapon I've ever used in a shooter. Why does this exist? Single shot with terrible reload, does almost no damage, and the projectile is slow as hell.
The trick is to use it like the BFG from the new Doom: the ball of electricity fires out lightning bolts as it flies so you fire it past a titan and watch as it zaps the hell out of it.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

blackguy32 posted:

I wish I could put the 40 mm cannon on other titans. It's a sexy gun.

We. Are. Enemies.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Anything worth buying with credits?

I have 125, which seems to be enough for a particular boost. The smart pistol is tempting.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

DontMindMe posted:

I have 125, which seems to be enough for a particular boost. The smart pistol is tempting.

IMO silent rodeo/hide jet trails is the best thing to invest in first. Then maybe satchels if you like titan hunting.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

DontMindMe posted:

I'd argue the silent rodeo thing is the best thing to unlock, since it comes in fairly late and it's such a huge upgrade

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
On the topic of credits, which items are total wastes of credits? I was eyeing the R-97 since I enjoyed it when I had it in the campaign and it's still 25 levels away.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Insert name here posted:

The trick is to use it like the BFG from the new Doom: the ball of electricity fires out lightning bolts as it flies so you fire it past a titan and watch as it zaps the hell out of it.

Yeah you don't have to get anywhere close to hitting with the projectile to deal a ton of damage. It's great when there's a big packed group of enemy titans - just fire it down the middle and you'll shred all of them at once.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I've come around to all the maps except Homestead and Black Water Canal. They suck. The rest still feel pretty samey, but it makes sense that all that polish and visual razzle dazzle would be poured into the campaign this time around.

I've also discovered that the Sidewinder is terrible but feels badass enough to use anyway. More games should let you gib your opponents these days

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Elysiume posted:

On the topic of credits, which items are total wastes of credits? I was eyeing the R-97 since I enjoyed it when I had it in the campaign and it's still 25 levels away.

R-97 feels like the worst SMG to me IMO. The volt I think is the best and the CAR is always solid. The R-97 is so inaccurate from teh hip you need to be so close you might as well be using a shotgun.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.

Knifegrab posted:

R-97 feels like the worst SMG to me IMO. The volt I think is the best and the CAR is always solid. The R-97 is so inaccurate from teh hip you need to be so close you might as well be using a shotgun.

Knifegrab, I have nothing but the greatest respect for you and your excellent av, but not even mentioning the Alternator (the best gun in the game)? Putting Phase as your top tactical? Ronin as the worst Titan?

Maybe it's a testament to how actually-sorta-decent the item variety is in this game that we have basically opposite opinions about a lot of stuff.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
The alternater is by far the best smg so I would recommend that if not for the fact you unlock it so quickly. poo poo kills in two shots if you get a head shot, three if you don't.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

BinaryDoubts posted:

Knifegrab, I have nothing but the greatest respect for you and your excellent av, but not even mentioning the Alternator (the best gun in the game)? Putting Phase as your top tactical? Ronin as the worst Titan?

Maybe it's a testament to how actually-sorta-decent the item variety is in this game that we have basically opposite opinions about a lot of stuff.

Forgot about the alternator, its really good! I still prefer the volt for its control and accuracy. Alternator #2 in my book, and the ironsights on it are loving dope.

As to my other points, don't get me wrong, ronin is my favorite titan. But doing well as a ronin is still a death sentence. If I have a good round as a northstar I can kill countless titans and never lose my own. But as a ronin after three titan kills chances are my titan is doomed. By his very nature he has to sacrifice himself to lay the smack down. Now he's super fun but in terms of sheer efficiency he blows.

Nothing in this game can save you like phase can. Its an instant "I am invincible and invisible" button. And it has TWO charges. Its boring as gently caress to use though. Stims own, grapple owns, even a-wall is pretty rad with its limited use. gently caress I was playing a holo kraber soldier earlier and having a blast. I'm talking efficiency here, not total radness (in which the grapple wins).

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Could we get the discord server in the OP changed to one where you don't get banned for no reason?

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.

Knifegrab posted:

Forgot about the alternator, its really good! I still prefer the volt for its control and accuracy. Alternator #2 in my book, and the ironsights on it are loving dope.

As to my other points, don't get me wrong, ronin is my favorite titan. But doing well as a ronin is still a death sentence. If I have a good round as a northstar I can kill countless titans and never lose my own. But as a ronin after three titan kills chances are my titan is doomed. By his very nature he has to sacrifice himself to lay the smack down. Now he's super fun but in terms of sheer efficiency he blows.

Nothing in this game can save you like phase can. Its an instant "I am invincible and invisible" button. And it has TWO charges. Its boring as gently caress to use though. Stims own, grapple owns, even a-wall is pretty rad with its limited use. gently caress I was playing a holo kraber soldier earlier and having a blast. I'm talking efficiency here, not total radness (in which the grapple wins).

Makes sense. Ronin 4 life ride or die :hfive:

I found Phase to be really not that great, or maybe I just hate being slow more than being dead.

Grappling hook melee kills own.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
This is the first online shooter I've played in years and the alternator is the gun that really got me in the groove.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Ronin feels awesome to wreck with, but I feel like his Core could use a buff. Maybe damage reduction equal to his sword blocking skill for the duration or something. Or just give him another bar of health in general.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Fuligin posted:

Ronin feels awesome to wreck with, but I feel like his Core could use a buff. Maybe damage reduction equal to his sword blocking skill for the duration or something. Or just give him another bar of health in general.

His core is the weakest part of his kit, yeah. (Aside from how phase sometimes kills you :sad:). DR would be nice, or maybe you regain health on melee hits? Definitely needs something, because most of the time you get up in someone's face you're just going to be rewarded with a full-bore laser-blast. I often don't use the core, since flanking people + shotguns is usually safer and more deadly.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
This game is super baller and oh my god the campaign was amazing, it had all the right amount of ridiculous and holy poo poo the time travel mission was awesome, especially how the guys start off by thinking you have advanced cloaking when its really time hops, and that loving ENDING TO THAT LEVEL OH MY GOD

Seriously this is the most impressive "call of duty" style setpiece campaign I've seen since like, MW1.

I've done some multiplayer and determined that A) I hate CtF still and B) I have no idea how scoring actually works in bounty mode. It looks like I get money for killing the targets, and I have a bonus I can dump into the bank if I don't die a bunch and lose it all? But I don't understanding what is worth what...do I get points for killing human enemies / their titans as well?

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
drat, looks like none of the Targets in my area are stocking the Dewritos camo code. This is worse than when I had to pick between getting stuff in Battlefield and not eating Slim Jims. :v:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

verdigris murder posted:

Battlefield: Titanfall.

loving just loving writing itself and making money.

Honestly this is going to be the next step. And it would be loving amazing.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

-edit

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Nov 6, 2016

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

This gonna get lost on last page. Sending out 3 now instead of 2

If you don't mind?

BinaryDoubts fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Nov 6, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

look at this poor with no pm's did you just join for codes

-edit sent

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

look at this poor with no pm's did you just join for codes

three years ago, i said "one day there will be codes"

and today, my dark work was finally complete

ed: thanks a lot!

BinaryDoubts fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 6, 2016

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
I think the Devotion LMG might be the most underrated gun in the game right now, it has completely replaced the Alternator as my primary weapon. I combine it with sonar spikes and map hack and pre-fire away. Thing is a beast.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

lol thanks

This gonna get lost on last page. Sending out 3 now instead of 2 so you can hopefully get what ya want

I love codes

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

PM sent

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

BinaryDoubts posted:

Makes sense. Ronin 4 life ride or die :hfive:

I found Phase to be really not that great, or maybe I just hate being slow more than being dead.

Grappling hook melee kills own.

A lot of people use phase so stupidly, as soon as you phase, CHANGE DIRECTION! Almost no one will be able to totally predict where you end up.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Knifegrab posted:

A lot of people use phase so stupidly, as soon as you phase, CHANGE DIRECTION! Almost no one will be able to totally predict where you end up.

No matter where you go though, it does display a faint sparkle trail that gives away some of the direction change.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Magnus Condomus posted:

No matter where you go though, it does display a faint sparkle trail that gives away some of the direction change.

Yeah I've noticed this too, I think its a fair balance, its still incredibly strong and if you use your momentum/wallrun/stuff it is ridiculous. In terms of stealing batteries its the best. No way a titan will get you before you get inside something generally.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Crash site has to be one of the worst maps in the history of games.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Fired off a PM, but putting my request in here too just in case.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

Crash site has to be one of the worst maps in the history of games.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Why is Crash Site so bad? It's the one with the train track going through it right?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

RatHat posted:

Why is Crash Site so bad? It's the one with the train track going through it right?

One team spawns at high ground, one at low ground, which gives the high ground team a huge advantage in basically every game mode.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
should i be getting a lock on with tone before i do the salvo core? i cant tell if it matters or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

The high ground on crash site does not exist. :colbert: