Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gunder
May 22, 2003

Kilroy posted:

oh cool are we posting maps here's mine:

This map is utter fantasy, right? Is there any chance at all that Clinton gets Texas or Arizona?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

RVProfootballer posted:

Hah Texas but not Ohio seems questionable

Latino turnout though. It's not outrageous. There has been more Latino early vote in some Latino-heavy TX counties than there were votes cast there altogether in 2012.

Speaking of Ohio

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/795239560485765121

There hasn't been a single public poll showing Clinton up in a while. The outlier door swings both ways, though.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

If HRC wins the vote and then defectors in the EC don't give it to her...that would make for interesting times in the country

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Isn't it just that one dude out in Washington saying he won't vote the way he's supposed to?

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

RVProfootballer posted:

Hah Texas but not Ohio seems questionable
too many white people in ohio

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Kilroy posted:

When does HRC get Texas but not Ohio or New Hampshire?

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Gunder posted:

This map is utter fantasy, right? Is there any chance at all that Clinton gets Texas or Arizona?

Marginal chance for AZ, Texas would be a shocker. Can't see her winning AZ, TX, or GA without also winning Ohio or NH, though.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Radish posted:

Isn't it just that one dude out in Washington saying he won't vote the way he's supposed to?
yeah "I don't know for sure anything criminal she's done but I don't like her" *checks clintonbodycount.com*

*defects from the EC anyway - doesn't get killed FOR SOME REASON*

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

This is my favourite chart this election:

https://twitter.com/williamjordann/status/794754941067939840

and this is my favourite comment (from the NV analyst crunching the NV numbers and calling it for Hillary):

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/794756727803478016

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Party Plane Jones posted:

When does HRC get Texas but not Ohio or New Hampshire?
all three states are full of lovely white people but texas has more latinos - advantage texas

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Grouchio posted:

Turns out I'm getting a WRP Federal Job Interview at my school (under the students with disabilities program)...

The day after Election day. :shepface:

Wish me luck!

What is this exactly and why is it bad that it starts after Election Day?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Kilroy posted:

I think people giving up hope on Ohio are premature. My map is yours, except give her Ohio and NH, definitely give Trump Texas, and AZ and Georgia are probably Trump but I want to believe.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

RVProfootballer posted:

AZ and Georgia are probably Trump but I want to believe.

I'm from Georgia and I'm almost positive it'll vote Trump, but those couple of polls from a few days ago showing a 2-pt race prompted me to come up with my favorite map, my "Georgia saves the World" wank:

DISCLAIMER THIS WILL NOT ACTUALLY HAPPEN THIS IS MY MASTURBATORY FANTASY OK THANK YOU

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

HannibalBarca posted:

I'm from Georgia and I'm almost positive it'll vote Trump, but those couple of polls from a few days ago showing a 2-pt race prompted me to come up with my favorite map, my "Georgia saves the World" wank:

DISCLAIMER THIS WILL NOT ACTUALLY HAPPEN THIS IS MY MASTURBATORY FANTASY OK THANK YOU
if you want to cum harder than you thought possible give trump one of the EVs in Maine as well

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
So, one thing to remember about Paul Ryan is that he's got competition, I believe - a Trump supporter running against him on the Independent-Trump party.
Depending on how things go, he could very well lose, given that Trump's middle-fingering him so hard.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Kilroy posted:

if you want to cum harder than you thought possible give trump one of the EVs in Maine as well

no then we're risking that Bernout in Washington scuttling the whole thing.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Kilroy posted:

Ohio will go blue way before Georgia.

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

Kilroy posted:

It's not so much "too many whites" so much as "what percentage of the white population lives in monoculture?" Susceptibility to white nationalism increases if you have never had a meaningful interaction with a minority. Texas' large Hispanic population is simultaneously driving the blue vote and making it harder for whites to have only ever known other whites.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Gunder posted:

I doubt Clinton wins Texas. Latino turnout is surging but not high enough to overwhelm the white republican vote, and I don't expect white turnout to be suppressed in any meaningful level on election day.

What I'm expecting - and this is just an educated guess really - is for Texas to swing Trump by about 5 points or so. Compared to 2012, in which Romney won Texas by 16 points, that's still hilarious.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

greatn posted:

Wasn't Rush on board with Trump pretty early?

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I believe he was hedging his bets with Cruz before he called a basketball hoop a "basketball ring".

Yeah he was doing the "Ted Cruz is a True Conservative, however Donald Trump is new and exciting kind of candidate who is going to shake things up!"

It's been awesome having to watch these folks carry Trump's water and I can't wait to here what Rush says on his show the day after the election.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

of course if i'm proven wrong i will weep with joy

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

It's been awesome having to watch these folks carry Trump's water and I can't wait to here what Rush says on his show the day after the election.

Rush, Hannity, and the entire conservative media complex (along with the conservative political leadership, for that matter) are gonna memory-hole this entire election. This time next year, they'll be talking like Hillary ran unopposed (through some nefarious mechanism for which she should be impeached).

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ZobarStyl posted:

Susceptibility to white nationalism increases if you have never had a meaningful interaction with a minority
Are there some numbers on this?

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]
I'm pretty happy with this possible map, which I call the Half Satan.

e: and here's the Alternate Half Satan, maybe more realistic. Gives Clinton NC instead of GA, and a Nebraska electoral vote.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

What's more important when it comes to Texas, imo, is for Dems to hold on to that increasing hispanic turnout and dem support and capitalize on it in future elections. If the hispanic vote exceeds 50% this year then that could set a good baseline to work from.

of course that implies a Texas Democratic GOTV initiative that isn't a writhing garbage fire

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Queering Wheel posted:

I'm pretty happy with this possible map, which I call the Half Satan.

e: and here's the Alternate Half Satan, maybe more realistic. Gives Clinton NC instead of GA, and a Nebraska electoral vote.

NC really isn't in doubt, so go Full Satan imo. If you think she wins AZ and more, throw em in there with NC!

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/795138608638332928

BEEEERRRRNNNNOOOOUUUUTSSSSS

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

RVProfootballer posted:

NC really isn't in doubt, so go Full Satan imo. If you think she wins AZ and more, throw em in there with NC!

Clinton wins 333 EV, electors vote her for vice president as well, Clinton gets 666 EV and Vice President Mike Pence.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Gunder posted:

Theoretically yes, if there was some NV style undervaluing of the number of Latino voters that would come out in Texas.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
:lol: my mom just called me this morning worried about me canvassing and that she doesn't want me going to any 'bad areas' for the 'black or Appalachian vote' and that she and my dad both want for me to be safe and to ask the canvassing office to not send me to those places (as if I haven't already canvassed professionally before).

The racist Democrat in action, ladies and gentlemen. :rolleyes:

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Appalachian isn't a race.

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

Cingulate posted:

Are there some numbers on this?
I'm sorry, I don't have any hard data, but I really want to plot vote percentage for Trump vs. % minority by state after the election. This very election is a proxy referendum on white nationalism.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

HannibalBarca posted:

Appalachian isn't a race.

My mom is uneducated and bigoted. :shrug:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

no surprise that a woman is expected to do more than a man to achieve the same result

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

:lol: my mom just called me this morning worried about me canvassing and that she doesn't want me going to any 'bad areas' for the 'black or Appalachian vote' and that she and my dad both want for me to be safe and to ask the canvassing office to not send me to those places (as if I haven't already canvassed professionally before).

text her back a picture of you hanging out with five black dudes

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Endorph posted:

text her back a picture of you hanging out with five black dudes

It's weird since my mom is from an uneducated working class Dearborn Michigan background and so while she's not hateful in her bigotry like a Deplorable would be, it's still an unthinking casual racism she got from her dad growing up.

Like when I was planning on going to Taiwan, she was happy for me that I might date a Chinese girl so she might have a 'chink' baby someday or I should try to dress as cool as one of my black coworkers. :psyduck: It pivots randomly from positivity to fearful racism I guess?

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ZobarStyl posted:

I'm sorry, I don't have any hard data, but I really want to plot vote percentage for Trump vs. % minority by state after the election. This very election is a proxy referendum on white nationalism.
I know it really looks like this in Germany and the UK - on a state/county level, a strong negative correlation between share of non-Whites and vote for anti-immigrant parties (UKIP and AfD) - but I'm not sure it has to be the same for the US.

I'm not sure it holds for Europe on a nation level.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Like when I was planning on going to Taiwan, she was happy for me that I might date a Chinese girl so she might have a 'chink' baby someday

that sounds pretty hateful and deplorable tbh

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

Maybe I'm not getting your joke, but how does "she was happy" sound hateful to you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Endorph posted:

I fight with her a lot on it and try to point out that, yes what she's saying is actually racist and ridiculous or I laugh it off but to no avail. :smith:

• Locked thread