Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

skipThings posted:

Bohlen could be our very own Trump

Oh my god you're right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Goa Tse-tung posted:

he's a traitor to the German labourer, so yeah

well yeah he's SPD

skipThings posted:

Bohlen could be our very own Trump

omfg that's actually the closest analogy holy poo poo

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/zukunftsplaene-dieter-bohlen-will-politiker-werden-a-226474.html

quote:

Der Bundestag eigne sich für eine Wende nur bedingt, denn er sei zur Hälfte mit Lehrern besetzt. "Lehrer denken doch ganz anders als Unternehmer", so Bohlen, der sich eines Studiums der Betriebswissenschaften mit Prädikatsexamen rühmt. "Im Bundestag sollten mehr Wirtschaftslenker sitzen, Leute mit Visionen."

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

"Ich zahle lieber brav meine Steuern, das ist mein Solidarbeitrag an die deutsche Gesellschaft. Was nützt mir das viele Geld, wenn ich wie Phil Collins in der Schweiz an irgend so einem Teich sitze und einen Hörsturz bekomme?"

lmao

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

botany posted:

well yeah he's SPD

omfg that's actually the closest analogy holy poo poo

ikr ? That is how I explain to every German who doesn't know who Trump is "imagine Bohlen becoming really obviously racist on the front page of the BILD every day"

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

ArchangeI posted:

Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen.
Sehr passendes Zitat, denn es kommt von einem Sozialdemokraten. :v:

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

skipThings posted:

ikr ? That is how I explain to every German who doesn't know who Trump is "imagine Bohlen becoming really obviously racist on the front page of the BILD every day"

Gonna be using this a lot

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Huh. I always assumed Bohlen was pretty successful commercially, which Trump isn't quite.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think there is a full equivalent in Germany. Not Dieter Bohlen, not Kim Dotcom, not Carsten Maschmeyer, not Rolf Eden, not Lotto King Karl, although each of them share SOME similarities with Trump

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

wayfinder posted:

I don't think there is a full equivalent in Germany. Not Dieter Bohlen, not Kim Dotcom, not Carsten Maschmeyer, not Rolf Eden, not Lotto King Karl, although each of them share SOME similarities with Trump

A part of me really wants to see some dude in Washington going "Ladies and Gentlemen, the Chancellor of Germany: Lotto King Karl!" now :allears:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

wayfinder posted:

*looks ernest into the crowd, with an ernest voice into the mic*

It's Hitler.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Goa Tse-tung posted:

*looks ernest into the crowd, with an ernest voice into the mic*

It's Hitler.

Now that's unfair. Hitler was an artist before going into politics, Trump is a scam artist. That's not quite the same.

Edit:

Also hopefully the American democracy is more robust than our early try and they won't end up electing a literal fascist clown to become president of the USA.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Vielleicht ist Bohlen doch ein besserer Prediger der Freiheit als Gauck?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Does the Bundespräsident have to be German? Because I think David Hasselhoff would be cool.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I personally vote for eternal Bundespräsident Ronald Reagan. What's more German than a man telling his neighbor to take down a wall he doesn't like.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
The SPD should mindfuck the CDU and nominate Merkel as first female Bundespräsident.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Sereri posted:

I personally vote for eternal Bundespräsident Ronald Reagan. What's more German than a man telling his neighbor to take down a wall he doesn't like.

Fickend LOL

az
Dec 2, 2005

rip this piss poo poo gently caress god drat mother loving what the gently caress

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Just woke up. For years I've tackled with the question that a lot of immigrants probably face: do I seek new citizenship and thereby lose my previous one? I'm not an especially patriotic person to begin with, but the thought of having to give up my US passport if I take on German citizenship has always been really difficult for me, and before I always said I don't think I could bring myself to do it.

Now I'm counting down the days to next August when I'm finally eligible to apply for Einbürgerung.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Welp, this probably means an FPÖ win coming next month and an additional upswing for nationalist and right-wing populist movements worldwide, including the AfD. gently caress.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Yep everything is hosed. Trump is gonna visit Germany at some point, you people wanna come demonstrate with me?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I think Clinton still has a chance to win? Has the election already been called?

And if I recall correctly, an FPÖ victory was always more likely than not, according to the latest polls.

Everything is hosed. At least Merkel is okay-ish. And compared to Trump and the like, she's great.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

botany posted:

Yep everything is hosed. Trump is gonna visit Germany at some point, you people wanna come demonstrate with me?

Gladly.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Das Ende der Welt naht...mehr weiss ich auch nicht zu schrreiben...

az
Dec 2, 2005

mein sohn kann nicht aufhören zu weinen weil er im fernsehen gesehen hat dass trump gewinnt und er der festen überzeugung ist dass die welt enden wird heute

ich glaube ich hab noch nie in meinem leben so die schnauze voll gehabt wie jetzt grade

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

az posted:

mein sohn kann nicht aufhören zu weinen weil er im fernsehen gesehen hat dass trump gewinnt und er der festen überzeugung ist dass die welt enden wird heute

Out of the mouths of babes.

So did Germany pretty much decommission all the bomb shelters or are those still kicking around?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Heh Amerika ! Eigentlich ist es der Job von uns Österreichern Faschisten und Spinner in Machtpositionen zu wählen. Ihr klaut unseren Job !!! :argh:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

az posted:

ich glaube ich hab noch nie in meinem leben so die schnauze voll gehabt wie jetzt grade

jepp, definitiv ziemlich weit oben auf der liste :|

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

In der Kindergartengruppe meiner kleinen Schwester ist seit ein paar Wochen ein syrisches Mädchen. Gestern hatten sie im Kindergarten eine Andacht oder so, wo eine Kerze von Kind zu Kind weitergegeben wurde. Die kleine Syrerin hat sich geweigert die Kerze auch nur anzufassen, laut meiner Schwester “weil sie aus einem anderen Land kommt wo es gebrannt hat und wo Krieg war“

Der wahrscheinlich nächste Präsident des mächtigsten Lands der Welt hat angekündigt, keine Muslime mehr ins Land zu lassen. In den USA und auch hier in Deutschland wird es für Kinder wie die kleine Rohada immer weniger Verständnis geben. Sie flüchten vor Krieg und Zerstörung und ernten blanken Hass.

“I love war“ - wörtliches Zitat von Donald J. Trump

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Ist eigentlich TTIP damit vom Tisch ?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Hammerstein posted:

It was already doubtful that the EU would agree to it, but it's very likely dead under a Trump presidency. Or not, perhaps he really is fully in league with the business class and all those tirades against free trade were just lies. Who knows?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Hammerstein posted:

weiß bei trump ja niemand, der mann hat keine kohärente plattform.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Drone posted:

Just woke up. For years I've tackled with the question that a lot of immigrants probably face: do I seek new citizenship and thereby lose my previous one? I'm not an especially patriotic person to begin with, but the thought of having to give up my US passport if I take on German citizenship has always been really difficult for me, and before I always said I don't think I could bring myself to do it.

Now I'm counting down the days to next August when I'm finally eligible to apply for Einbürgerung.

System Metternich posted:

Welp, this probably means an FPÖ win coming next month and an additional upswing for nationalist and right-wing populist movements worldwide, including the AfD. gently caress.

I'm very worried that we can't outrun this poo poo.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Torrannor posted:

It was already doubtful that the EU would agree to it, but it's very likely dead under a Trump presidency. Or not, perhaps he really is fully in league with the business class and all those tirades against free trade were just lies. Who knows?

I know several trump voters who think he lied about literally all the things. Nobody knows for sure what he will do, except to enrich himself.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

The look of simultaneous sympathy and terror that I'm getting from my coworkers is intense. I can't deal with this today.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

az posted:

:whitewater:
Well, gently caress. I remember my terror in 1990 when the Gulf War started and little me thought that would mean war everywhere like in the world wars I had been reading about in frankenkid's first illustrated history book.

I hope you manage to console him and explain to him that the world won't end because of the loving Horror-Clown.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Won't you look at that, the terrorist actually did win!

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

The last time a Republican president was elected he managed to start two pointless wars which killed hundreds of thousands of people, amongst them thousands of American and Allied soldiers, which cost well over a trillion dollars, which managed to effect nothing but to piss off literally everyone and which turned the Middle East into a black hole of violence and chaos that will take decades to unfuck itself, indirectly also being responsible for Putin to be able to restart the Cold War, not to mention all the fun stuff that his administration managed to do domestically!

Stoked to see whether a Trump admin will be able to top this. Hail Satan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Drone posted:

So did Germany pretty much decommission all the bomb shelters or are those still kicking around?

You're in Darmstadt right? There are still a few overground bomb shelters around.