Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Condiv posted:

considering both goku and vegeta hate being vegito, do you think vegito hates himself?

they hate that they like being vegito so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i wanna see beerus fight a bad guy

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

mabels big day posted:

i wanna see beerus fight a bad guy

He already did.

Leviabeetus
Feb 14, 2010
So, what I'm thinking about what's up with Zamasu in the preview, is that Vegito removes his Time Ring somehow. It was the only thing causing Black to not go poof in a cloud of causality. But, now he's fused with his other self, who happens to be immortal. Without the ring, the fused being the Potara created is someone that doesn't exist, yet simultaneously is immortal and can not die. So, now his body is going crazy because he has become a living paradox.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
how did Turtle get on top of Kame House

Leviabeetus posted:

So, what I'm thinking about what's up with Zamasu in the preview, is that Vegito removes his Time Ring somehow. It was the only thing causing Black to not go poof in a cloud of causality. But, now he's fused with his other self, who happens to be immortal. Without the ring, the fused being the Potara created is someone that doesn't exist, yet simultaneously is immortal and can not die. So, now his body is going crazy because he has become a living paradox.

I like this idea. Having Zamasu turn into the bad guy at the end of Timecop would be a pretty cool idea if his paradox protection is gone.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I want this arc to end with Goku Black becoming a good guy and joining the team.

Zamasu
Nov 4, 2016

I'm just being self-absorbed.
It doesn't matter if no one's listening.

Rutibex posted:

I want this arc to end with Goku Black becoming a good guy and joining the team.

All part of the master plan to never allow Masako Nozawa to retire.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
It almost felt like that preview was for 2 episodes from now..

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
They can make the entire episode all about fusing into Vegito and I'd still watch it. It would make 10yr old me very happy.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Raxivace posted:

It comes from the Japanese pronunciation of Kakarot. Vegeta + Kakarotto. Unfortunately the word play was a bit lost in the English translation from back in the day since Goku's original Saiyan name was merely localized as Kakarot.

The Viz manga tried to preserve this wordplay by making it "Vegerot" (Vegeta + Kakarot), though personally I think it sounds tacky.

That makes sense. Well, mostly. I still think it's weird that the name is Vegito, instead of Vegeto or Vegotto, since the i in Vegito kind of comes from nowhere and doesn't roll off the tongue as naturally. At least to me.

I'm also going to go ahead and say after this episode that I'm disappointed it'll be Vegito instead of Gogeta, for several reasons. Mostly because Trunks and Vegeta talked about how they'd show Zamasu the power of mortals in a big scene this episode, so having the fusion be a God originated one instead of a mortal technique that has much the same effect would seem more appropriate. That, and as I said previously, having them use the fusion dance would probably annoy the hell out of Zamasu for that exact reason, which seems more fun frankly. It'd also be nice to see something from the movies (and GT) canonised, but that's a minor factor compared to the other two.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

tsob posted:

That makes sense. Well, mostly. I still think it's weird that the name is Vegito, instead of Vegeto or Vegotto, since the i in Vegito kind of comes from nowhere and doesn't roll off the tongue as naturally. At least to me.

I'm also going to go ahead and say after this episode that I'm disappointed it'll be Vegito instead of Gogeta, for several reasons. Mostly because Trunks and Vegeta talked about how they'd show Zamasu the power of mortals in a big scene this episode, so having the fusion be a God originated one instead of a mortal technique that has much the same effect would seem more appropriate. That, and as I said previously, having them use the fusion dance would probably annoy the hell out of Zamasu for that exact reason, which seems more fun frankly. It'd also be nice to see something from the movies (and GT) canonised, but that's a minor factor compared to the other two.

The problem with Gogeta is that it's an established plot point that powering up burns through your fusion time and SSBSS probably would let them remain fused for .2 seconds.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

tsob posted:

That's because the actual romanization is Vegetto, not Vegito. "Vegito" is the English dub being incredibly weird about how it romanizes things, like "Frieza".

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Leviabeetus posted:

That is the coolest idea ever.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Its because his name is Bejita.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Why complicate things? He's just called ベジット

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

ImpAtom posted:

The problem with Gogeta is that it's an established plot point that powering up burns through your fusion time and SSBSS probably would let them remain fused for .2 seconds.

This is also Dragon Ball, where continuity for details like that is less important than being cool/fun, and I'm pretty sure it's also been established that going SSB has a high initial cost but takes very little to actually stay in - so having Gogeta get 20 minutes (or however long they want to claim the fight is) fusion time is doable regardless.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

a time limit against an immortal guy (and a shorter than normal one followed up by a recovery period) isn't very useful.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kild posted:

a time limit against an immortal guy (and a shorter than normal one followed up by a recovery period) isn't very useful.

When it comes to Vegetto immortality can be beaten out

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

tsob posted:

It doesn't really come from nowhere. He's more Vegeta than Goku and Vegeta calls him Kakarot(rotto in Japanese, which is where the to comes from). So mostly Vegeta and with some Goku in the name makes a lot of sense.

Even though it's awful, the most accurate way to translate that is probably Viz's Vegerot, but that is just terrible.

Also makes sense that Vegetto* is the fusion they went with when this has been an arc about Trunks and his father as much as anything else.

*It's the name I grew up with so I'm sticking with this.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Andrast posted:

He already did.

Zamasu fought a bad guy.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Im p sure the purple stuff is Zamasu regenerating slower than Vegito is erasing him.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sassassin posted:

Zamasu fought a bad guy.

Both statements are true.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Kild posted:

I don't see how that matters narratively. I can see how it matters strategically if you were trying to plot out your best chance, but not narratively, which is more important frankly.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It doesn't really come from nowhere. He's more Vegeta than Goku and Vegeta calls him Kakarot(rotto in Japanese, which is where the to comes from). So mostly Vegeta and with some Goku in the name makes a lot of sense.

I wasn't actually talking about the whole name that time, just the i in it.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
You really think Zamasu is gonna let them fusion dance, when you just saw him basically going gently caress ya'll I'm done?

I mean yeah he fell for the Evil Containment Wave because he was like silly rear end ningen can't do poo poo and it nearly ended him. Sides I think it's way better that he gets infuriated that an "inferior" mortals use the same technique on him and whip his rear end.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 6, 2016

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
You really think Trunks couldn't provide him a distraction for the minute or so it takes to talk and do the dance?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

tsob posted:

You really think Trunks couldn't provide him a distraction for the minute or so it takes to talk and do the dance?

Vegita doesn't know the fusion dance, he can't learn it in a minute.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

tsob posted:

Vegeta doesn't know the fusion dance. Only in the movie did he ever learn it.

I mean sure we probably would get the hilarious fusion failures.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Nov 6, 2016

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Rutibex posted:

Vegita doesn't know the fusion dance, he can't learn it in a minute.

If Trunks can learn the Mafuba from a mobile phone video in the space of a minute I'm pretty sure Vegeta can learn the fusion dance in a minute or two.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
^^^The Mafuba isn't complex moves, it's a battle of will, Trunks was able to get that poo poo down fast because he really hates the dude who's been genociding his world even worse than the androids did and who literally murdered his mother in front of him.

Shindragon posted:

Vegeta doesn't know the fusion dance. Only in the movie did he ever learn it.

I mean sure we probably would get the hilarious fusion failures.

Fat Gogeta, Fat Gogeta!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

tsob posted:

If Trunks can learn the Mafuba from a mobile phone video in the space of a minute I'm pretty sure Vegeta can learn the fusion dance in a minute or two.

But Piccolo's Godtube channel updates on Monday, Wednesday and Friday only.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The Mafuba still required the correct poses. Just like a fusion dance. The dance has more of them, but I don't doubt Vegeta can pick them up fast while Trunks distracts Zamasu. Besides, he's literally already learned it probably non-canonically in the space of a few minutes in Fusion Reborn, whilst hiding from Janemba with no distraction. Pikkun eventually provided one so that they could do the dance a second time, but they were solo the first time.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
The fusion dance requires set up and can fail horribly, killing them all. The earrings are available and have a 100% guarantee. Its a no-brainer, really.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Also dance fusions look stupid and Vegito is the undisputed champ. If only Vegito could have fought Super Janemba.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

tsob posted:

You could say that by using something only gods have, they're making GBS threads all over his authority as a higher being. Also Vegito is way cooler so I am glad he's here. My campaign worked, guys.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Very excited for next episode, what I wanted to happen most will happen and the smuggest character in DBZ will make his glorious return.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if he will play around this time. Last time it was to bait Buu into absorbing him

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Momomo posted:

You could say that by using something only gods have, they're making GBS threads all over his authority as a higher being. Also Vegito is way cooler so I am glad he's here. My campaign worked, guys.

It's not just something the Gods have, it's something the Gods are willingly offering to mortals. Zamasu was never deemed fit to be granted any powerful artifact, he had to steal them. And those filthy mortals just receive them as a gift??

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Not only did they get them as a gift, that one rear end in a top hat just randomly decided to smash one!

NINGEN!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Squallege posted:

I wonder if he will play around this time. Last time it was to bait Buu into absorbing him

The big contribution to his personality from Vegeta is an insane ego, so I expect him to throw out lots of taunts at least. I can't imagine him screwing around and being more of a troll than in the Buu fight though, that's a very high bar to surpass.

I kind of wish we got a Vegeta/Trunks or Trunks/Goku fusion instead, power wise it'd be lower but it'd be fun to see. Hard to argue with raw unfiltered fanservice though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Veg posted:

Im p sure the purple stuff is Zamasu regenerating slower than Vegito is erasing him.

This wouldn't really make much sense since that's not what immortality is.

• Locked thread