Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

korusan posted:

Thinking of Marshadow, what could be the "unique typing"? Assuming existing ones (which would be the most obvious) are off the table, what could it be?

Maybe Fairy/Dark, Fairy/Fire, Ghost/Normal, or Ghost/Fighting?

Also, what does everyone think about some left field changes to existing Pokemon? I'm hoping for some more stat boosts or hidden ability changes.

ghost/fairy, it's mimikyu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

oddium posted:

if elective had electabuzz's tail it might be my second favorite monster. but it doesn't so it's uh. third

Doesn't he have two tails?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Multiple save files would be cool

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Rudoku posted:

Doesn't he have two tails?

yeah and they way they curve up looks bad. and they look bad to begin with

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Nessa posted:

What universe are you guys from where 5th gen was full of bad Pokemon?

5th generation was one of the best Pokemon generations.

I liked maybe 4 of them.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

gen 5 was great

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TriffTshngo posted:

I liked maybe 4 of them.

I don't know how but this thread perpetually turns out dumber opinions on cute monster games.

oddium posted:

ghost/fairy, it's mimikyu

I am Marshadow, the true self.

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015
Uh, not sure if this is the right place, but I got an extra promo code (North America) for the 20th anniversary Genesect event that's going on for Pokemon X/Y/ORAS if anyone wants it:

A5Z5-EYPU-2F3Z-K893

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Cory Parsnipson posted:

Uh, not sure if this is the right place, but I got an extra promo code (North America) for the 20th anniversary Genesect event that's going on for Pokemon X/Y/ORAS if anyone wants it:

A5Z5-EYPU-2F3Z-K893

I took it, thanks.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

TriffTshngo posted:

I liked maybe 4 of them.

Open your eyes. Turn on your monitor. etc.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
I'm still having problems between cool rear end lion and sailor moon bat. I've never been so undecided before. I may need to make a pact with someone once bank opens to get them to reset for a good nature and trade.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012
Any speculation on the stat spreads of the starters? Well, 2 of them seem fairly obvious. I just want to know if owlbaby will be mixed attacker or not.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

cancerianmoth posted:

Any speculation on the stat spreads of the starters? Well, 2 of them seem fairly obvious. I just want to know if owlbaby will be mixed attacker or not.
all of them will have 1 for every stat

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

except the owl, who will have 0 in everything because he is dead

as soon as he evolves he keels over and you have to get a new one

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

cancerianmoth posted:

I'm gonna call the ballpark of 80 105 75 90 100 80

similarly the cat should be 85 105 90 90 90 70

and then Primarina as the surprising fast choice at 80 55 55 135 105 100

but by and large we're due for another generation of slow fuckers after the speed blitz of XYORAS. kinda like BW had a lot of strong but slow Pokemon that ingrained themselves

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I can't believe S&M are still two weeks away

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Nessa posted:

What universe are you guys from where 5th gen was full of bad Pokemon?

5th generation was one of the best Pokemon generations.

This. Gen V's Pokedex is fantastic. I'm looking at it now and there's only like...three monsters that I don't like.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
owl: 80 80 60 115 80 115

cat: 100 110 90 90 80 60

seal: 95 60 90 115 100 70

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

cancerianmoth posted:

I want to say that they won't give two pokemon of the same typing overly similar spreads, but I'm not quite sure what the math behind "overly similar" actually is. That's about all I've got, whether they go for something hilariously opposite like defensive Fire/Dark as opposed to Houndoom or fast attacker Grass/Ghost opposed to the two current Ghost/Grass or just very minor changes like swapping atk/satk on Houndoom and putting some speed in defense is hard to say.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

what does everyone think the anchor's type is gonna be? Water/Ghost seems obvious, as does Water/Steel or Ghost/Steel...but what else, really? Pure Ghost (like Cofagrigus)?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Cofagrigus being pure Ghost is a crime.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Steel/Grass. It's not a ghost, just covered in spooky plant-life.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Decus posted:

Steel/Grass. It's not a ghost, just covered in spooky plant-life.

I can see this. Give it buffed up Leech Life and it's pretty eerie.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

yknow, I think Charmeleon is really cool

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Only one I care about is Incineroar. He will have:

100 HP
144 Attack
60 Defense
70 SpAtt
60 SpDef
100 Speed
=534, like the other Fire starters.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

mabels big day posted:

yknow, I think Charmeleon is really cool

Agreed, it's pretty cool looking and it's a shame it wasn't around much in the anime, it evolved after 3 episodes.

I also think Charizard is pretty rad and a cool pick in Y for its Mega.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Reinanigans posted:

Only one I care about is Incineroar. He will have:

100 HP
144 Attack
60 Defense
70 SpAtt
60 SpDef
100 Speed
=534, like the other Fire starters.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I don't think his Lariat will be as Dark as you're thinking

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

korusan posted:

what does everyone think the anchor's type is gonna be? Water/Ghost seems obvious, as does Water/Steel or Ghost/Steel...but what else, really? Pure Ghost (like Cofagrigus)?

I guess Ghost/Grass is an alternate since it's also a ship wheel made of wood but Decidueye has a monopoly on that typing.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Shneak posted:

I guess Ghost/Grass is an alternate since it's also a ship wheel made of wood but Decidueye has a monopoly on that typing.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Decidueye is Grass/Ghost so sure it can monopoly that.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

I think they meant for that generation. Has a recent starter shared it's typing with a new pokemon from its same gen? I'm just curious. With the exception of grass/poison, bc apparently grass has to either be monotype or with poison. And bugs aren't cool enough for starter status. /bitterness

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

cancerianmoth posted:

I think they meant for that generation. Has a recent starter shared it's typing with a new pokemon from its same gen? I'm just curious. With the exception of grass/poison, bc apparently grass has to either be monotype or with poison. And bugs aren't cool enough for starter status. /bitterness

I mean Gen V had Basculin and Maractus at bare minimum.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Gen II had slugma, bellosom and probably a bunch of pure water. Gen III had Barboach's line and plenty of pure grass. Gen IV is still all unique, outside of other fire/fighting starters. Gen VI had mega-gyarados and mega-sharpedo.

Decus fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Nov 7, 2016

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Oh my god there are Z-ring toys already So by experience the Z-move, they don't mean get flattened by a nuclear Snorlax right?

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

cancerianmoth posted:

Charizard and Moltres

And come SuMo Primarina and Tapu Fini

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

dungeon cousin posted:

Charizard and Moltres

And come SuMo Primarina and Tapu Fini

So in that case Owl may not be the only grass/ghost of the generation.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

venusaur didn't share a type with tangella at least

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I sincerely do not understand why VGC doesn't ban all legendaries. What's the point of calling some of them restricted when Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza are broken?

Sejun Park is the only good pokemon player.

Wolfe Glick is really good too. Like, watching his analysis on new pokemon or how battles work or whatever shows that he's definitely got the process down and it's really down to "I use what will win but I know why it'll win and how to throw my opponent off for using what HE'LL use to win".

Countblanc posted:

owl: 80 80 60 115 80 115

cat: 100 110 90 90 80 60

seal: 95 60 90 115 100 70

Honestly I'd swap the Physical and Special Attack for Decidueye. I don't see it being a Special attack as an archer/sniper.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

venusaur didn't share a type with tangella at least

Or Exeggutor or Parasect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

It's time to decide on Hidden Abilities

I'm gonna say Decidueye will have the obvious choice of Sniper, Incineroar something mildly neat like Limber or Defiant, and Primarina will have something new. alternatively, all three will have something new and cool.