Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Lane Kiffin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Other than Herman who meets the criteria of a) wouldn't consider Oregon a step down even for crazy bucks but b) you could plausibly pay that much without getting involuntarily committed?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Does Eugene have a MENSA office? If not, don't even bother calling Herman

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

Come home RichRod we forgive you, deliver us from exposed fraud of offense dana holgorsen!
:goonsay:

gently caress no, that piece of poo poo can continue loving right off as far away from West Virginia as possible. Holgorson has been fine other this year other than desperately needing a good QB coach.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Other than Herman who meets the criteria of a) wouldn't consider Oregon a step down even for crazy bucks but b) you could plausibly pay that much without getting involuntarily committed?

I was under the impression given that number that they're going to try to poach someone from a good G5 school.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Oh, I'd love to see Saban as a Duck.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I was under the impression given that number that they're going to try to poach someone from a good G5 school.

Regarding Herman, Houston's not good anymore.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Bobby Petrino is very excited right now and he knows exactly why.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Wanvig posted:

He's already signed with Texas

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Roasted Donut posted:

He's already signed with Texas

Sure and Houston is in the Big 12.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Wanvig posted:

poo poo I'm an idiot, I meant it sounds like they're going to try to poach someone from a good P5 school.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Chip Kelly coming back?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Phil Knight ready to go full on SMU.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

swickles posted:

Phil Knight ready to go full on SMU.

yep, and it's gonna be fun as hell to watch :munch:

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

pillsburysoldier posted:

Does Eugene have a MENSA office? If not, don't even bother calling Herman

LOL, last time I remember hearing MENSA and coach together was the dark days of the St. Louis Rams and Mike freaking Martz.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Silly Burrito posted:

Oh, I'd love to see Saban as a Duck.

No.

It would take Saban 4-5 years worth of gutting the staff and players to rebuild it into what he knows best. The most boring team ever.

Oregon fans would melt down having to watch 10 minute 15 4 yard run play drives to kick a field goal, and win 16-7 games. They need Mike Leach or Peterson.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Lol, some radio dude in Nashville is hyping James Franklin up for the Tennessee job.

As if Franklin would rebuild Penn State from the ground up into a top 10 team to leave to take on a dumpster fire. Tennessee isn't even a lateral move from Penn State at this point.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Lol this guy

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Might as well go after Jeremy Pruitt. He's going to be a head coach sooner than later.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Genocide Tendency posted:

No.

It would take Saban 4-5 years worth of gutting the staff and players to rebuild it into what he knows best. The most boring team ever.

Oregon fans would melt down having to watch 10 minute 15 4 yard run play drives to kick a field goal, and win 16-7 games. They need Mike Leach or Peterson.

oh hey look it's someone who's literally never watched alabama play a football game in the past four years

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I wish I could have watched 2014 bama against pac 12 defenses

or even just blake sims with our current receiver corps (aka more than one guy that is really good)

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
we could run 2008 alabama with glenn coffee and john parker wilson against the pac 12 and have fourty PPG easy

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Oregon's just gonna call Chip and ask if he wants his job back.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Komet posted:

Lol, some radio dude in Nashville is hyping James Franklin up for the Tennessee job.

As if Franklin would rebuild Penn State from the ground up into a top 10 team to leave to take on a dumpster fire. Tennessee isn't even a lateral move from Penn State at this point.

OTOH, SEC East is extremely bad

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Scionix posted:

we could run 2008 alabama with glenn coffee and john parker wilson against the pac 12 and have fourty PPG easy

2008 Alabama lost to future-PAC-12 team Utah 31-17. Saban hadn't had quite enough time to create his juggernaut by that point.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

LLCoolJD posted:

2008 Alabama lost to future-PAC-12 team Utah 31-17. Saban hadn't had quite enough time to create his juggernaut by that point.

i didnt say we'd win all of them :grin:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Yeah, but see even though they hadn't yet won a title under Saban, the crushing disappointment of playing in the garbage Sugar Bowl was too much to bear. They were all thinking about their draft grading anyways.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah, but see even though they hadn't yet won a title under Saban, the crushing disappointment of playing in the garbage Sugar Bowl was too much to bear. They were all thinking about their draft grading anyways.

Vintage actual talking points used by vintage actual people

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Korranus posted:

Vintage actual talking points used by vintage actual people

Person, in this case

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
howd u know i posted that in 2008

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Adam Schefter is citing unnamed sources that says chip isn't leaving to go back to college, so take that for whatever it's worth

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

DJExile posted:

Adam Schefter is citing unnamed sources that says chip isn't leaving to go back to college, so take that for whatever it's worth

NFL guys know jack poo poo when it comes to situations like that.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

DJExile posted:

I mean, what else is Chip going to say? I don't know the NFL well enough to get a read on whether another team gives him a chance if he gets fired by SF but I doubt he just goes into retirement if there aren't any NFL gigs for him.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

This is going to be another banner year for top tier P5 coaching availabilities.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

He was also one of the louder voices saying this about Harbaugh if I recall correctly. NFL people have a hard time accepting that anyone could possible not want to work in THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MourningView posted:

He was also one of the louder voices saying this about Harbaugh if I recall correctly. NFL people have a hard time accepting that anyone could possible not want to work in THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Yeah that sounds about right.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

Which was weird, because he is a Michigan grad.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
A ton of B level NFL reporters literally insulting Michigan fans for having the audacity to even think a coach would leave the NFL and then going silent when it happened was the best

My favorite was the guy talking about how Florida did its coaching search right and Michigan should learn from their example instead of wasting their time with an NFL guy

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

A ton of B level NFL reporters literally insulting Michigan fans for having the audacity to even think a coach would leave the NFL and then going silent when it happened was the best

I like college football way more than the NFL, but I was certainly surprised that Harbaugh left the NFL to go to Michigan. He always struck me as a guy who'd have a bee in his bonnet until he won a Superbowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Komet posted:

Funny how only a few weeks ago, Penn State fans here were begging for Franklin to get fired. Anyway the thought of Bobby Petrino at Oregon makes me sick. Please don't let this happen, I don't want Uncle Phil to be able to buy a championship :ohdear:

• Locked thread