Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Dum Cumpster posted:

But people giving good advice would never have been fat in the first place???

lol what's with the past tense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

bone app the teeth posted:

i lifted a weight today

gently caress yeah, me too!

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Homestar Runner posted:

lol what's with the past tense

you can't have a weightloss photo if you're never fat

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

lol weight loss.

Sorry we weren't all fatasses, buddy.

Some of us are gaining weight because muscles

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

People who've never been fat sometimes give bad or incomplete advice because some things like portion control or eating healthy are just natural to them. It might be a better idea to listen to someone who was fat but fixed themselves through deliberate effort because they lived through what you want to accomplish.

Now, of course it's probably not a good idea to listen to a fat person's opinions on how to lose weight. Do what you preach and all that.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Whole lotta words for the swole thread.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I was skinny and got skinnier. Now I'm not skinny and feeling way better about myself also the quality of women I lay with has gone up.

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005
Non plaudite modo pecuniam jacite.

Did legs yesterday. Enjoying jump squats with a medicine ball. Had to use the lower box for a box jump, but it gives me something to shoot for. That nasty business out of the way, going in for chest/arms tonight like nature intended.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!

UnfurledSails posted:

Now, of course it's probably not a good idea to listen to a fat person's opinions on how to lose weight.

ty. Or how to workout

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I like doing Good Mornings because Bruce Lee did them. Also sticking dat bubble butt out

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Alan_Shore posted:

I like doing Good Mornings because Bruce Lee did them. Also sticking dat bubble butt out
Bruce Lee broke his back doing good mornings so not sure if that's the joke or something you overlooked.

Not that I have anything against good mornings. It is definitely a lift that needs to be respected though.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 7, 2016

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Oh yeah I know. I haven't broken my back yet ergo I'm better than Bruce Lee!

Nah I'm just super careful. Bruce didn't warm up and injured himself. School boy error. Still the greatest though.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!
The thing about good mornings is that it's actually a good exercise in terms of the general movement patterns BUT so many people lack the thoracic extension to do them properly. Row variations are safer imo.

If you're flexible though go nuts

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I squat hundreds of pounds and I'm fine; I row for 10 minutes and strain my hip flexor.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Bench bodyweight, strains a trap taking off shirt.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I hate deadlifts.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

But deadlifts are the greatest exercise, so says everyone! I do like them even if I always feel THIS is the time I injure my back

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
My back/SI deal feels completely back to normal today. Hopefully that means I just pissed off some muscles in the area and they decided to tighten up on me. That's what happened with my back. Either way I'll just do upper body for a bit.

I can't wait to join a real gym, there's actually a pretty decent one not too far away. I can finally do the drop the mic equivalent with deadlift pr's again

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Nov 7, 2016

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Ive had an entire salami yesterday, about halfway through another one today. I plan on finishing this by afternoon and maybe get another third through the evening.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Your salami intake is on point

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
He who deadlifts relieves himself the pain of being a man.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

a mysterious cloak posted:

I pulled my shoulder trying on a pair of jeans (they were a little too small)

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

:negative: life.

Bench more than bodyweight, unable to take shirt off in locker room.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Old man tip: if you were lifting and then hurt yourself doing something ordinary it probably means you were lifting wrong. See my pic in the fatass thread for reference

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I only ever hurt myself when lifting.

Or sneezing.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Back when i was a gym babby i hurt myself a bunch

Not as much nowadays, despite age

Maybe you guys are just shiiiiiiit

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Real talk what's a good way to get protein as a vegetarian? Not including protein powders and poo poo cuz that dumb.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Zzulu posted:

Back when i was a gym babby i hurt myself a bunch

Not as much nowadays, despite age

Maybe you guys are just shiiiiiiit

You're probably not lifting as much weight as me

It's all right, baby bro

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

You're probably not lifting as much weight as me

It's all right, baby bro

Lifting less weight properly is better than lifting more weight incorrectly

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Real talk what's a good way to get protein as a vegetarian? Not including protein powders and poo poo cuz that dumb.
How do I climb a mountain in heels without messing up my acrylic nails?

You realize your fashion choice clashes with the activity at hand and don't.

If the person isn't vegan then eggs/milk/greek yogurt/pretty much dairy. Otherwise, you are pretty much going to need protein powder because most vegans can only get 150g protein in 3000-3500 calories with powder. There was some guy in YLLS who hit more in less, but I think he just ate tons of beans or something.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 7, 2016

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Lentils, beans, eggs, cheeses like cottage cheese, greek yoghurt (like, real greek yoghurt, stuff like Fage, not 'greek style'), oats and buckwheat have a pretty decent protein content, and the lentils, beans and oats also double up as good fibre sources.

Oh, and peas. But you've got to eat a lot of them.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Just vegetarian, not vegan

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Quinoa and hemp are the only vegan sources that have all essential amino acids afaik.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Dum Cumpster posted:

Old man tip: if you were lifting and then hurt yourself doing something ordinary it probably means you were lifting wrong. See my pic in the fatass thread for reference

Nah, mine was unrelated to lifting. My body craves death before it turns 50 in a few years, but I will bend it to my will before that :black101:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Nah, mine was unrelated to lifting. My body craves death before it turns 50 in a few years, but I will bend it to my will before that :black101:

I forgot to mention, due to my age, that it can also be due to chronic stupid poo poo like sitting in front of a computer all day.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Just vegetarian, not vegan
whey protein

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Why not protein powder? It's whey, it's dairy. It's perfect for vegetarians

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Zzulu posted:

Why not protein powder? It's whey, it's dairy. It's perfect for vegetarians

Hey hun what's for dinner tonight?

"Whey protein powder"

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Dum Cumpster posted:

I forgot to mention, due to my age, that it can also be due to chronic stupid poo poo like sitting in front of a computer all day.

:respek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Dum Cumpster posted:

Or more generally just due to trying to be alive past 40.

(Autocorrect tried to make "alive" into "avlive" which is Norwegian for "euthanize". Hmm.)