Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I miss From Software's other games. :smith:

I've been replaying Lost Kingdoms 2 and it's still fun, RIP weird card game craze of the early 2000s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

The DS2 caestus moveset, plus the bone fist, are a thousand times better than DS3's garbage punching movesets.

In ds3 you pick up one weapon and instantly become fuckin rocky balboa clowning bosses. I never got caestus to be worth a drat in ds2. You have to get two of them and then upgrade them both individually.

And you feel like you're punching through molasses the whole time.

I would boot up ds2 to try them out, but apparently i uninstalled it because of tiny hd woes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ImpAtom posted:

I miss From Software's other games. :smith:

Ninja Blade sequel when?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

Feda translation's gots some swears

Golden Goat posted:

Everybody in this game is an rear end in a top hat so far

Haha, good ol fan translations

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Also, the people who fav is DS2 can call this a win. I'm redownloading it. Gotta finish those DLCs. Can you believe I have managed to never spoil myself on what Fume Knight even looks like? It's gonna be cool to see him for the first time after hearing about him for literally years.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

Also, the people who fav is DS2 can call this a win. I'm redownloading it. Gotta finish those DLCs. Can you believe I have managed to never spoil myself on what Fume Knight even looks like? It's gonna be cool to see him for the first time after hearing about him for literally years.

lol i won't spoil it but lol

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
True story: I didn't finish all of the DS2 DLCs because I was drunk, got bored, and went into NG+ when one of them got frustrating. then immediately died because hahaha fuckin' sotfs NG+ is non-stop player trolling

I still need to get back to that. Last time I was poking around in it I turned into the prettiest poison butterfly and floated around farting on things.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Evening goons

Two friends of mine have gotten together and started up a series of videos discussing a particular level within a video game, and going into detail on what that level does for any given concept like atmosphere or pacing. Their first episode was on Gradius III and how it handles game design with pacing in mind. It's a pretty cool series and I'm plugging it here to try and help them make it big, so any cursory glances at all would be appreciated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ggq9zLAYZ8

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh man, Chapter 3 of DQBuilders is such a breath of fresh air (literally!) after Chapter 2.

I keep wanting to start a Free Build game but it seems like I should probably unlock all the recipes first.

edit:

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Evening goons

Two friends of mine have gotten together and started up a series of videos discussing a particular level within a video game, and going into detail on what that level does for any given concept like atmosphere or pacing. Their first episode was on Gradius III and how it handles game design with pacing in mind. It's a pretty cool series and I'm plugging it here to try and help them make it big, so any cursory glances at all would be appreciated

This is pretty cool :)

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

lol i won't spoil it but lol

Fume Knight is the blue version of the knight in Iron Keep, isn't he. That's super lame.

Edit: I liked vanilla DS2 a lot more than SotFS also, which is what killed my latest playthrough. I felt like the new enemy placement was just for trolling and "gotcha"-ing the player rather than being balanced and fun.

Edit: DS opening cutscene is my fav beginning cutscene in any soulsgame.

Snak fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Nov 8, 2016

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Two friends of mine have gotten together and started up a series of videos discussing a particular level within a video game, and going into detail on what that level does for any given concept like atmosphere or pacing.
Will definitely give this a listen when I've got the time.

I love this sort of thing.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Evening goons

How many hours will they spend on discussing Mega Man X, the most perfect game ever created?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

chumbler posted:

How many hours will they spend on discussing Mega Man X, the most perfect game ever created?

I dunno, but maybe if you pester them about doing an episode on Mega Man X they'll consider it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

chumbler posted:

MMX has been done to death

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Buca di Bepis posted:

Am I crazy or did the new Steam store update just make it look more like it did in 2006

You can block games with certain keywords from showing up on the front page, block Early Access/VR titles, and you no longer have to scroll past all the curator groups to get to the sales so it's a win-win in terms of getting rid of the two most annoying things about the old storefront.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Guy Mann posted:

You can block games with certain keywords from showing up on the front page, block Early Access/VR titles, and you no longer have to scroll past all the curator groups to get to the sales so it's a win-win in terms of getting rid of the two most annoying things about the old storefront.
finally, all anime can be banned from the world

i suppose they should make an anime-only version in the spirit of fairness though

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Guy Mann posted:

you no longer have to scroll past all the curator groups to get to the sales

:popeye:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CrashCat posted:

finally, all anime can be banned from the world

i suppose they should make an anime-only version in the spirit of fairness though

How do I get it to block the bad anime and leave Metal Gear alone

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Buca di Bepis posted:

How do I get it to block the bad anime and leave Metal Gear alone

Metal Gear is not anime.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Lurdiak posted:

Metal Gear is not anime.

It is a video game, true.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
How do I block all games below 120 fps?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lurdiak posted:

Metal Gear is not anime.

lol

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

You can't just say something is anime just because it comes from Japan.

Although I'm sure some rear end in a top hat out there thinks Dark Souls is "anime as gently caress".

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-BmKFgJJog

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
How do I block VR/early access games, I can't find the option

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Although I'm sure some rear end in a top hat out there thinks Dark Souls is "anime as gently caress".

DS2 is. Holy poo poo, i just tried to create a character. Those hair options.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

tap my mountain posted:

How do I block all games below 120 fps?

How do I block all videogames

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dark Souls takes a bunch of inspiration from Berserk including being able to dress up pretty much exactly like the main character so, uh.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Dark Souls is like 70% an homage to the anime Berserk, Lurdiak.

Also Metal Gear literally has a character who says the duel between the clone super soldier and the cyborg ninja is exactly like something from an anime.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Sakurazuka posted:

Dark Souls takes a bunch of inspiration from Berserk including being able to dress up pretty much exactly like the main character so, uh.

Berserk is hardly even anime dude, it's basically a Western comic

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Wamdoodle posted:

How do I block all videogames

Please leave.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Dark souls: known video game that is absolutely not anime

http://i.imgur.com/XgI7RxJ.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/Kn3DwbX.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/4U5YYnl.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/FwrLQTx.mp4

definitely not

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

ImpAtom posted:

Dark Souls is like 70% an homage to the anime Berserk, Lurdiak.

Ugh fine you dummies, everything you like is anime, Avengers is an anime, milky way bars are anime.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lurdiak posted:

Ugh fine you dummies, everything you like is anime, Avengers is an anime, milky way bars are anime.

*kamehamehas ur post*

edit: Really, though, I get what you're saying. But a game doesn't have to be pointy chins, 2D art and endless onii-chans and waifus for it to be stylized like anime is.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Avengers is an anime

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I still don't know what the heck anime is supposed to mean outside of literally Japanese cartoons.

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Nov 8, 2016

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

avengers, much like joss whedon, is bad and could learn a thing or two from anime

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Lurdiak posted:

But Lurdiak ... you are an anime, yourself????

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Also this entire post is badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

But Lurdiak ... you are an anime, yourself????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcqj0cz4kJM

• Locked thread