Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

Smythe posted:

ppl in the past must have been fkin stupid or something *vapes mysterious chemicals manufactured in completely unregulated chinese factory reminiscent of the factory zone from sonic the hedghog but with human trafficking instead of golden rings*

anthonypants posted:

holy poo poo you can vape soylent now

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

anthonypants posted:

holy poo poo you can vape soylent now

this green post is made of lomarf

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

i'm pretty sure the soylent guy did a thing where he ate sugar and olive oil to try to not be such a fat idiot

i think he got it 50% right

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Cocoa Crispies posted:

i'm pretty sure the soylent guy did a thing where he ate sugar and olive oil to try to not be such a fat idiot

i think he got it 50% right

i thought he just tried to not defecate, so he could truly be full of poo poo

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Zamujasa posted:

i thought he just tried to not defecate, so he could truly be full of poo poo

yeah i was thinking about this guy, sorry http://www.astrocyte-design.com/shangri-la-diet/

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
looks like google doesn't care about quoted phrases anymore

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

if you can quickly and easily find what you are looking for then how will you see as many ads

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
the theater signs and posters are the only way i know what movies exist

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

anthonypants posted:

i did a search for "title of series 40" and google helpfully gave results for "title of series 41" and "title of series 39" while 40 was nowhere to be found

scroogled again

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

anthonypants posted:

been this way for a while

i think you have to add a + before the quote now, which conflicts with the minus, so...

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

searching for intitle:"index of" brings up a bunch of women in underwear for some reason

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

duTrieux. posted:

been this way for a while

i think you have to add a + before the quote now, which conflicts with the minus, so...
it used to be where you could put a multiple-word phrase in quotes, and then use a minus to not search for that phrase at all. now it looks like they're ignoring that or they're giving the space delimiter more priority than a string in quotes

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

it still says that on the advanced search page

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Zamujasa posted:

it still says that on the advanced search page
good because it doesn't work that way right now

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

google product documentation is by far the worst in the industry

you're lucky if you can find a help file at all, let alone one that's for the current version of the product and describes functionality that still exists

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Sagebrush posted:

you're lucky if you can find a help file at all, let alone one that's for the current version of the product and describes functionality that still exists

ibm's is worse

trust me

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

anthonypants posted:

my favorite thing is where you search for something verbatim and it ignores some search terms.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
my second favorite thing is where it interprets its own date field wrong

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

carry on then posted:

ibm's is worse

trust me

ibm's docs are bad because of horrible corporate requirements which force the writers to not be able to be at all expressive, or use screenshots, because it could make the docs harder to translate

now guess how good the translations are, when they exist

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

works as intended

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

at least with IBM the documents exist. they might be useless but they at least try beyond "whatever the dev felt like writing up when he originally made the feature ten versions ago".

ive been ruined by when I worked in semiconductor manufacturing. KLA Tencor, Tokyo Election, and ASML all have absolutely amazing documentation

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

qntm posted:

ibm's docs are bad because of horrible corporate requirements which force the writers to not be able to be at all expressive, or use screenshots, because it could make the docs harder to translate

now guess how good the translations are, when they exist

that plus the recent overhaul of the knowledge center or w/e they want to call it just feels unfinished, and some articles at random got their formatting hosed to boot.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
forgot to post this here

are you ready for KDE on your phone?

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2016/11/kde-plasma-mobile-linux-smartphone-wars

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

timeline.gif Mother FUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Shifty Pony posted:

at least with IBM the documents exist. they might be useless but they at least try beyond "whatever the dev felt like writing up when he originally made the feature ten versions ago".

ive been ruined by when I worked in semiconductor manufacturing. KLA Tencor, Tokyo Election, and ASML all have absolutely amazing documentation

Kind and Supportive Tech Reads Helpful Documentation - ASML

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Jenny Agutter posted:

Kind and Supportive Tech Reads Helpful Documentation - ASML

ASMR by ASML

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
well this is intuitive

https://streamable.com/bko6

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

From an article about the latest version "already" reaching 0.3% of devices after "just two" months

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

lol at kitkit is still the most popular

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Satellit3 posted:

lol at kitkit is still the most popular

arguably lollipop is, actually as long as you target api level 21, though that's still lol

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

oh duh

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

while im not going to defend the android desktop thread what difference does it make how intuitive it is? every phone depends on rote memorization to use whether its where the app has been placed on the ios homescreen or w/e weird setup a random goon cooked up

as long as the owner of the phone can remember how to do poo poo isnt it all the same?

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

disgusting

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

I was looking at my AdSense summary today and my pageview count was through the roof so I logged into the dashboard and Google is letting me see pageview stats for well over 100 domains that I absolutely do not own

thoogle

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Linguica posted:

I was looking at my AdSense summary today and my pageview count was through the roof so I logged into the dashboard and Google is letting me see pageview stats for well over 100 domains that I absolutely do not own

thoogle

how do i get in on this? I want to MLM it. Significant opportunity!

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Bet you wished you owned doorbusters.net

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Sniep posted:

how do i get in on this? I want to MLM it. Significant opportunity!
Unfortunately I don't see any way to actually see ad campaigns for those websites or fraudulently collect revenue from them.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Linguica posted:

thoogle
last year someone bought google.com from google domains so anything is possible

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

there's a guy who spams google analytics accounts with links to his website. apparently he's a trump supporter, since i got this message recently:

it leads to
money.get.away.get.a.good.job.with.more.pay.and.you.are.okay.money.it.is.a.gas.grab.that.cash.with.both.hands.
and.make.a.stash.new.car.caviar.four.star.daydream.think.i.ll.buy.me.a.football.team.money.get.back.i.am.alright.jack.ilovevitaly.com

thanks google, for not solving this problem for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

CommunistPancake posted:

there's a guy who spams google analytics accounts with links to his website. apparently he's a trump supporter, since i got this message recently:

it leads to
money.get.away.get.a.good.job.with.more.pay.and.you.are.okay.money.it.is.a.gas.grab.that.cash.with.both.hands.
and.make.a.stash.new.car.caviar.four.star.daydream.think.i.ll.buy.me.a.football.team.money.get.back.i.am.alright.jack.ilovevitaly.com

thanks google, for not solving this problem for years

yeah, i got some links to hulfingtonpost (note the L) a couple of years ago

• Locked thread