Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dias posted:

Oh, Demon Flip is for sure a V Skill. Not sure he's keeping the air fireballs normally tho. Might be a VT thing.

As for a second character I saw a silhouette with a yellow paintbrush around its neck and I want to believe.

if air fireballs are a v trigger thing then i'll, uh, continue to think the game is a worthless sack of low-power poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

he will have the air fireballs but following the rules of sfv regarding fbs and air moves they will only work on an advancing jump and they will only travel in a lazy arc

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Dias posted:

Oh, Demon Flip is for sure a V Skill. Not sure he's keeping the air fireballs normally tho. Might be a VT thing.

As for a second character I saw a silhouette with a yellow paintbrush around its neck and I want to believe.

sakura? makoto?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

he will have the air fireballs but following the rules of sfv regarding fbs and air moves they will only work on an advancing jump and they will only travel in a lazy arc

Not even joking, this is probably exactly how they will work.

Which is dumb.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Jack Trades posted:

Not even joking, this is probably exactly how they will work.

Which is dumb.

rip kunai

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

Jack Trades posted:

Oh look. It's a Cody with a Demon Flip.

LMAO. I'm just joking.
He won't have the Demon Flip in SFV because that would be at least mildly fun.

STOP IT, I need this ok!?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

looking forward to akuma's inevitable kenface edit more than akuma himself tbh

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ROFL Octopus posted:

looking forward to akuma's inevitable kenface edit more than akuma himself tbh

I got you, fam.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

MinibarMatchman posted:

p. cool how akuma decided to lend his services to a bad game out of charity but still managed to be in a good game in 2017

Well, his lovely version of Shin Akuma's in SFV while the legit one is in T7. Everything seems fine so far.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Jack Trades posted:

I got you, fam.

:yeah:

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

MinibarMatchman posted:

p. cool how akuma decided to lend his services to a bad game out of charity but still managed to be in a good game in 2017

He's been in the good game since 2016 tho

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think you mean 2011

ZWZ
May 6, 2007

Homerun
Has Capcom acknowledged the one way lag issue yet?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

ZWZ posted:

Has Capcom acknowledged the one way lag issue yet?

"You want us to fix that now? But we have so many exciting costumes and stage transitions instead!"

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/795657063271727108

Flying stage might be cool

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Corner kill better be a 10k foot fall

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Manifesting a tornado on the wing of an airplane is probably a bad idea fyi.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Saint Freak posted:

Manifesting a tornado on the wing of an airplane is probably a bad idea fyi.

Rashid would need like 6 tornados to even dizzy the plane so its probably ok. Gief/alex crushing someone into the wing is probably no bueno though

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Real hurthling! posted:

Corner kill better be a 10k foot fall

And the other one is a window with Shatner freaking the gently caress out

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

if the background moves like you'd expect "on top of airplane in flight" to do look forward to it causing even more lag & getting banned

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

✈️🏢🏢

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Has Capcom fixed their engine to allow for non-fuckery in the new flying stage?
Will the netcode ever be fixed?
What did they do to Akuma?

Find out next time on Street Fighter V!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYK_QqH-BXk

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

darealkooky posted:

if the background moves like you'd expect "on top of airplane in flight" to do look forward to it causing even more lag & getting banned

You probably wont see the ground outside of CA moves or whatever. That shot is a cinematic angle

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Not sure if this is common knowledge already, but I saw these videos of Daigo and Kuroda dissecting the Ryu's Hadouken in SFV and discover some interesting things about it. It's also pretty entertaining.

https://youtu.be/q9GdfG1kd_0

https://youtu.be/aH35N4ULNQY

Tl;dw: basically Ryu's hurtbox moves back a bit while he's throwing a fireball, enabling him to dodge a high attack if timed correctly, while the EX version makes him dodge a low attack (can't actually recall if that's correct), and while he's in V-Trigger he doesn't get CC while throwing a fireball (plus upper-body hurtbox change like the normal version too iirc)

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I was a big dumb idiot and bought a second copy of Street fighter V after I bought a new gaming PC. For whatever reason there's a lot less lag than when I ran it on the ps4, so I'm really enjoying the game.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Next stop, New York City!

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Big Scary Owl posted:

Tl;dw: basically Ryu's hurtbox moves back a bit while he's throwing a fireball, enabling him to dodge a high attack if timed correctly, while the EX version makes him dodge a low attack (can't actually recall if that's correct), and while he's in V-Trigger he doesn't get CC while throwing a fireball (plus upper-body hurtbox change like the normal version too iirc)

If only, say, cr.mK could go under stuff instead of having a hurtbox like this:

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Jack Trades posted:

✈️🏢🏢

First Rashid is announced on 9/11 then his stage is a plane, jfc Capcom has no tact

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
rashidoooooo

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Tournament for west coast peeps this sunday, check it out here http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/FhYjq1Cvqo

Checkin at 7:45pm fights at 8pm. It's swiss format so there are no eliminations until the finals, you get to fight all night even if you suck!

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
The new Rashid map messes up corner combos cause of the plane turning haha

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

We Know Catheters posted:

wat

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Well, air combos. The stage is moving and the opponent in the air doesn't.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Well, air combos. The stage is moving and the opponent in the air doesn't.

You've gotta be kidding, right?

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

The background moves not the stage.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

gonna need a source on this buddy

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
sounds like nonsense

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Played against someone on that stage and it's honestly pretty distracting. When the entire background is literally rotating around it really messes with your vision while you're trying to keep track of your spacing and projectiles.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Doggir posted:

The background moves not the stage.

While there's a small chance that could be true, it's actually much simpler for every dev and artist involved in that setup to have a fixed environment, animate the plane through it and attach the fight scene to the plane. And really, that should be equivalent, but in practice there's some subtle differences and possible bugs, depending on whether the devs were incompetent or not. And, well, the developent of SFV hasn't exactly been a showcase for competence, so that kind of bug is quite plausible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I was testing Urein's usual combo in the corner and it was having issues, could be because of the moving background messing up timing. Also, I love this stupid game.