Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

jarofpiss posted:

I've quit trying to play the market and I've just carved my eyes out because where we're going we don't need to see

I'm actually really bitter that trade didn't go through, could have tripled up. Ah well, what does money mean in a post-sanity world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Everyone take some xanax

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

im super hammerrd but end of the day this is the fault of every goddamn fuckin garbage pundit and i dont give a poo poo about the money (would be nice to have bought that motorcycle)

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
lmao if anyone gambled both here and on Pesos.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nirvikalpa posted:

Everyone take some xanax

Dude I'm already downing bourbon like goat goes through grass, you trying to kill me?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

lol im gonna lose 3000 faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart im a big idiot

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

the one rule i read was to not bet on the polls

in the end we were all betting on the polls

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

George H.W. oval office posted:

lol im gonna lose 3000 faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart im a big idiot

same but i can afford to lose 3k on politics gambling. i just hope america can say the same....

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Why is Nevada at 50-50 when Hillary is up in the polls?

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Nirvikalpa posted:

Why is Nevada at 50-50 when Hillary is up in the polls?

Because everything else has gone god loving awful tonight, and I bet a lot of Trump backers have money to burn.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

jarofpiss posted:

same but i can afford to lose 3k on politics gambling. i just hope america can say the same....

A tthis point I'm just reducing my taxes by bringing down my net gain to a more reasonable number :shepicide:

btw anyone wanna make some money back? i think clinton takes michigan. ann arbor mostly not in, razor thin

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

it's cool I bet on margin and plan to defect to North Korea in t minus 4 hours

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
hey i lost all my bets but at least money won't be worth anything after the initial blasts

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
This is my PredictIt message to anyone who bet more than you could afford.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGX8EOH82pc

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

If you want to get back some of your losses Pennsylvania going Democrat can be bought for 40 cents.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
In case I'm permabanned before I wake up tomorrow Vox gets to be the new OP torchbearer. Unless he's gonna get perma'd as well in which case maybe a cop? Idk

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

This is frankly hilariously unreal. I'm extremely impressed that I managed to so logically blow thousands of dollars on this joker.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

All those insane bastards gambling months of rent and food on Trump are going to be rich. What a world.

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...

Zeta Taskforce posted:

If you want to get back some of your losses Pennsylvania going Democrat can be bought for 40 cents.

I'm done horse taking for tonight, nothing makes sense. PA is leaning Trump, where's the Clinton support?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

All those insane bastards gambling months of rent and food on Trump are going to be rich. What a world.

Hey they definitely needed it :unsmith:

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

If they have 401K's they will lose way more than they made on there.

Viking_Helmet posted:

I'm done horse taking for tonight, nothing makes sense. PA is leaning Trump, where's the Clinton support?

Pittsburgh is only 25% reported, it should flip back.

Crap. It just came in and didn't change anything

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

link to the market where killary pulls the beating heart out of trump? Rdy to max out...

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

Mods give everyone that posted in this thread a black swan AV. Text underneath it: Should've stayed shook

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Hillary currently losing Pennsylvania. :shepicide:

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

can sum1 plz post the link to join isis?

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

Hillary currently losing Pennsylvania. :shepicide:

i knew i was gonna lose thousands of dollars but i didnt know my dignity was gonna be so closwly tied....

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
I said PA was going to be in play many posts ago... not enough votes out of Philly.

I made $100 tonight but I don't really feel like a winner with these results.

Time to keep drinking!

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Well, I feel like I should be honest and admit that I wagered way more than I should have. Thankfully, I'm a grad student, so I'm used to abject poverty.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I'm glad I didn't deposit anything I couldn't afford to lose. I'm also glad a bit of my money was in Nevada instead of national.

I'm not glad of much else these days.

Hey... uh. Part of me is darkly curious and self-destructive. Did anybody save links for those people who "blew their life savings" on trump? Who are likely quite rich now?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Laphroaig posted:

I said PA was going to be in play many posts ago... not enough votes out of Philly.

I made $100 tonight but I don't really feel like a winner with these results.

Time to keep drinking!

congrats, this would have been a great night for easy swing gains if i wasnt melting down and losing money betting on things like "what the polls say" and "what the world needs to do to survive"

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Zeta Taskforce posted:

If they have 401K's they will lose way more than they made on there.

I'm gonna guess the guys who bet their monthly rent on a gambling site probably don't have 401ks, as funny as that would be.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Yeah I took a pretty massive hit but my REP.370.NO, Virginia, and all the Republican contenders (and Bernie) that I bought against at their peaks and still hold shares of will act as a nice consolation prize. Will only be down $400 of my initial buy-in when I first started here.

:\

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Vox you called so many other markets well ahead of time itt that by now when it was almost all on the line I should have listened to you but I didn't want to believe that this country was capable of this

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

the only thing I have to be thankful for is that I pussied out at dropping real money in anything after the comey dip. Didn't lose enough for it to sting, but that's probably the end of me finding predictit fun to play :(

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Necc0 posted:

Vox you called so many other markets well ahead of time itt that by now when it was almost all on the line I should have listened to you but I didn't want to believe that this country was capable of this

I tried to liquidate like 30 seconds after he posted that, and I couldn't get a sell through at a reasonable price (I guess single digits seems reasonable now, but at the time I wasn't going to sell for less than 20). Well I sold like 50 out of 1000 shares or so.

So don't feel too bad, the site was way slow then.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Vox Nihili posted:

congrats, this would have been a great night for easy swing gains if i wasnt melting down and losing money betting on things like "what the polls say" and "what the world needs to do to survive"

I went with a feeling deep in my jawns born out of paranoia and irrational fear, turns out that seems to be the mood of the country.

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

I had a nice chunk of money tied up in my PI account. Maxed in the national markets and a couple others. But I said gently caress it and sold for a massive lose eventually. Not even interested in trying to make it back. I started and continued to trade on PI because it was fun for a politics nerd and this thread was fun for talking about our penny stocks and gains/loses.

It stopped being fun when I had to start trying to wrap my head around 4 years of a trump presidency.

Either way you guys made betting on politics during the primaries more fun than it should have been. Ride together die together. :rip: this time

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I still believe in Wayne County, guys.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Vox Nihili posted:

I still believe in Wayne County, guys.

I'm sitting in Wayne County and I don't believe in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Then again, I can't say I believe in any other counties or the states and countries that they make up.

• Locked thread