Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

cult member at airport posted:

2016 is the year Brexit passed, and the year Duterte came into power in the Phillipines. This is clearly an international reactionary movement. Things could easily get much worse before they get better. It's a folly to think that history always moves in a progressive direction.

Decades of progessive development can be removed in a very short time. We often forget that because, we live in a time and society that moved torwards progress for decades. Too few remember Nixon (and too many see him in rosy glasses) and the regression he brought, but holy gently caress, what Trump and his Trumpenstaffel will unleash will make him really look like a leftist progressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Broshevik posted:

I love the guy saying that you shouldn't call racists racist because it might hurt their feelings mfao

just lmfao

look what just happened, america called racists racist and it hurt their feelings and they responded by electing donald trump to be president of the united states

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

hey

hey man

here's some attention

i noticed your post and replied to it and gave you the attention you're looking for

is this helping y/n

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I spent this year climaxing at the thought of the GOP completely collapsing and now it looks like the dems will collapse.

So, um, a Progressive Party, folks? It will be cool. No more Lena Dunham type poo poo; we actually act like we're on the left side of the political spectrum. Who's with me?

The dems won't collapse because there will be a very strong unifying factor that holds them together

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

like, we've been trying to be nice to racists for the past 60+ years and we still have unarmed black teenagers being murdered in the streets by white cops and pieces of poo poo like zimmerman but yes let's not be too mean to them just yet. that might make them feel bad and we simply can't have that. what we really need to do is keep being nice to the racists for another 60 years because eventually the problem will go away on its own.

yeah that's a good argument man. bravo

dta

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
those 5 macedonian teens better feel real ashamed of themselves

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Equeen posted:

:agreed:

this better be a hard loving lesson for the DNC

loving christ i would fine with hillary winning by slim margin, i just can't take this waiting

don't worry she'll def lose

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Godinster posted:

I hope the upside to this is that a real progressive like Warren runs next year and the facade of a first female president isn't lost on a corporate shithead shill.

Next year?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I think the swing factor was the Obamacare premiums, not the Comey thing. For some reason Democrats have to answer for Policy failures and Republicans don't.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm starting to reach the numb stage

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Silver saying 9% of millenial voters went third party

The weight of hubris is most tremendous among those least expectant of it

RIP business democrats

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

sensing cosmic irony in the fact that the same demographic that elected trump in going to get the everloving poo poo clobbered out of their retirement investments by electing trump

Yudo
May 15, 2003

let this be the death of the corporate democratic party.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

When the economy craters there will be no Keynesian response either lol

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Typo posted:

The dems won't collapse because there will be a very strong unifying factor that holds them together

prison camps?

dta

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Elephant Ambush posted:

like, we've been trying to be nice to racists for the past 60+ years and we still have unarmed black teenagers being murdered in the streets by white cops and pieces of poo poo like zimmerman but yes let's not be too mean to them just yet. that might make them feel bad and we simply can't have that. what we really need to do is keep being nice to the racists for another 60 years because eventually the problem will go away on its own.

I mean your callout strategy evidently accomplished jack poo poo in the biggest possible way so maybe it's time to rethink it

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

fox news thinks this happened because of anothy wiener

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:/ indeed

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Godinster posted:

I hope the upside to this is that a real progressive like Warren runs next year and the facade of a first female president isn't lost on a corporate shithead shill.

Founding Fathers didn't anticipate political parties though that would create a supermajority.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
There is no place in the emerging political system for non-white poors like me and that scares me :(

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord
lol

Holy poo poo

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

so uh this means we got about 2 months before Obamacare starts getting cut down

time to start looking for a full-time job lol

what is even going to happen to all the exchange infrastructure, this will be such a mess lol

hope trump actually drives those premiums down like he said

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

crabcakes66 posted:

Oh right. Insane regressive tax policy. And probably defaulting on the debt.

Forgot that one.

and threatening to silence dissenters

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Oh the DNC definitely hosed up but even then I think what you're seeing is the final nail in the coffin of the Democrat/labor relationship.

i was listening to this today and goddamn it's really relevant

https://twitter.com/nprfreshair/status/794238139120422912

my prediction: hillary never shows her face again

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I like how berniebros were angry when Hillary said single payer would never ever happen.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Elephant Ambush posted:

you elected donald trump

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

euphronius posted:

Good bye planned parenthood, federal financial aid, anything resembling progress towards rights for trans* folks, black lives mattering, deescalation of the militarization of our police, public schools, sensible gun control, or anything good

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

JT Jag posted:

So now that I'm starting to accept the horrible reality of this, I'm coming back to something I've been crowing about for years: The Democrats repudiated Howard Dean's 50 State Strategy and allowed state-level parties to fend for themselves. This leads to a failure to provide good state-level, House and Senate challengers and at this point (and this is the part that mainstream Dems actually care about) I honestly think it's reducing Presidential election enthusiasm in some states.

If Florida had a really strong, tantalizing Senate alternative to Rubio, more Democrats might have come out to vote. But instead the Florida Democratic Party picked an empty suit.

Their other option was a guy who uses a bunch of offshore tax havens and other shady practices. And said guy also beat his wife. The Florida Dems had two lost cause Senate candidates.

skipdogg posted:

I recorded it, here's what he said

There's going to be a hell of a lot of violence against minorities and when some group defends itself Trump is going to wipe them out with military force while tens of millions of white people cheer it on.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
PBS trying to explain why "You can't always get what you want" = Pavarotti

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Eifert Posting posted:

I think the swing factor was the Obamacare premiums, not the Comey thing. For some reason Democrats have to answer for Policy failures and Republicans don't.

Yup, people saw their monthly premiums with a 5k deductible go from $200 a month to $300 a month and voted accordingly

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

well after supporting bernie and then supporting hilary I guess I need to stop worrying and love accelerationism

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

vyelkin posted:

look what just happened, america called racists racist and it hurt their feelings and they responded by electing donald trump to be president of the united states

If you're going to have those opinions, gently caress your feelings. Own up to who and what you are

If you're going to stab me, don't be like "quit leaning into my knife!!"

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Let this sink in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjx9oSJDAVQ

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Gravybong posted:

so ive been living off disability for blindness most of my life. guess i'll die!

hey at least you'll be able to die blazed out of your mind on legal weed.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Vertical Lime posted:

my prediction: hillary never shows her face again

She better not. Neo-liberalism needs to die.

All hail Warren and Bernie as the new heads of the Democratic party.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
weird I clicked thread & expected the inevitably of hillary's victory to still be trumpeted, as it has been for the past few months

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Battleground state of Michigan!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Neurolimal posted:

"Who the F*** is in favor of Doing Dumb Sh**? Who is Pro-Dumb Sh**?" played on loop throughout the white house.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I am so disappointed in my generation. We are our parents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Last panel should be a Dwarf Fortress screenshot.

• Locked thread