Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
i didnt think the US would skip this far ahead on their third world trajectory but i guess they really wanted to one up the brits on brexit and boy did they deliver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Louisgod posted:

Makes sense that Americans needed a reminder of what 2002 to 2008 was like. Can't blame them for forgetting, it was a long time ago and their memory only goes back two years
Maybe they just really want more rotting homeless corpses to decorate their landscapes, with the bonus of eventually being one of those corpses.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff pennsylvaniaaaaaaaa nooooooooo

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

euphronius posted:

It was t all Dems fucjing up

They lost against Donald loving Trump, a man with the worst favorable ratings in the history of US elections by nominating Hillary Clinton, a lady who was neck in neck with him in terms of unfavorability ratings.

lol yes it was all the Dems and the voters who thought she was the candidate to beat Trump

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Burn it to the ground

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Please stop blaming democrats for this. It's a hard party to corral because it's full of beautiful ideas and differences while republicans need only a simple I hate blacks too

We need to hold republicans accountable for the hell they've inflicted.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

Trump may do a poor enough job that Democrats can catch a wave in 2020, a year in which they will be able to impact redistricting?

Sure, but Trump and congress will probably pass more voter ID laws by then. And this would be on a national scale too. :smith:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llwgHjfagBo

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
this is Shenjis fault for closing the good thrrad

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Shageletic posted:

It's a loss to us all, and each one of us needs to ponder how we contributed to it.

I thought I knew things, but now I know that was a detriment. We live in the realm of the illlogical and absurd, and the only soothing agent is an embrace of the idea of impermanence.

Empirical knowledge does not exist

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

FourLeaf posted:

I agree but my issue is this is always framed as if all liberals are snobby rich white people. there are liberal working class and middle class minorities like me who have a poo poo ton of economic interests in common with poor white people and don't look down our noses at them but what the gently caress can we do? The system exists and we're all puppets inside of it.

The key thing to me as a minority that this was a highpoint of any justice in that area, and to hold strong for subsequent decades.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Humidora posted:

Also, to the people saying you shouldn't be nice to racists and therefore it's ok to poo poo on 'poor rural whites'

perhaps stop for a second and think that, just maybe, not every single rural white is a dyed-in-the-wool white supremacist who can never be changed. maybe some aren't even racist at all! maybe others have been fooled into believing they should hold xenophobic views because the only alternative narrative refuses to bother even noticing their communities and at the end of the day, they just want to find hope for their increasingly dire situation in whatever group is most convincing/willing to reach out to them

but nah that can't be it lol, dumb stupid hicks

The fact that they voted for an openly racist candidate sure isn't convincing me that they aren't all racist.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Shab posted:

Welp, on top of everything else, polling as a thing is dead now.

Every assumption they made was completely wrong lmao. Like, uniformly wrong across every polling firm.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Humidora posted:

Also, to the people saying you shouldn't be nice to racists and therefore it's ok to poo poo on 'poor rural whites'

perhaps stop for a second and think that, just maybe, not every single rural white is a dyed-in-the-wool white supremacist who can never be changed. maybe some aren't even racist at all! maybe others have been fooled into believing they should hold xenophobic views because the only alternative narrative refuses to bother even noticing their communities and at the end of the day, they just want to find hope for their increasingly dire situation in whatever group is most convincing/willing to reach out to them

I grew up in rural America. My hometown was recently in the national news for the local pizza place's kid dressing in blackface with a noose around his neck for Halloween. Most people in the town defended them and said the costume was funny. There isn't a lot I think anyone can do to fix that mentality. They're just hosed.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/796242205014900738

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Parity warning posted:

I think Johnson and Stein are idiots but lol if you blame them or even their voters for this

No it's fine to ridicule stein and trump voters

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

There is nothing wrong with blue's position. If Democrats wish to win elections, perhaps they should run candidates that people wish to vote for.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/emmettrensin/status/796178733195554817

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

RoadCrewWorker posted:

i didnt think the US would skip this far ahead on their third world trajectory but i guess they really wanted to one up the brits on brexit and boy did they deliver

now im happy because you fucks wont be able to call us on our poo poo when we vote for LePen eat poo poo

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/796242016120307712

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
At least the D&D posters can't be smug about all the prominent right-wing parties in Europe anymore. Nah I don't even feel like joking about it, it's a catastrophy.

Kurtofan posted:

now im happy because you fucks wont be able to call us on our poo poo when we vote for LePen eat poo poo

:sadhighfive:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Brannock posted:

you loving garbage shills. you hosed up. screaming continually for the genocide of whites, screaming for #ItsHerTurn

wow holy poo poo the whites turned out to vote for their own perceived interests. absolutely unexpected. and now, you, you are responsible for President Donald Trump

go gently caress yourself recursively

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

exquisite tea posted:

Every assumption they made was completely wrong lmao. Like, uniformly wrong across every polling firm.

nate silver

was right all along

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 24 days!)

Uncle Wemus posted:

how did the dems gently caress up this badly

All the fetishization of voting is no substitute for a political praxis. All the libs ITT talking about how they're going to flee the country are just going to withdraw into video games and cyberspace instead, just like the hippies did in the 80s and 90s.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the only way out of this was a strong, and equal across all classes, system of education and that never happened, could never happen, and now will never happen

but sure, continue to come up with whatever ideas and grasp at whatever straws make you feel better

dta

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

how did the dems gently caress up this badly

turns out none of the "bad" things Trump did mattered half as much as him being a professional fraudster, con artist, celebrity, and reality show exec. he was actually a good candidate, and no one saw it because they were too busy focusing on poo poo only pundits cared about

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Humidora posted:

As a rural white...

They have agency in their decisions. They're not victims here. Whether anyone likes to admit it or not, they're grown men and women responsible for what they do. If they couldn't think hard enough to realize why voting Trump was a bad idea, they deserve every ounce of scorn they get and then some.

gently caress them.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

pathetic little tramp posted:

Please stop blaming democrats for this. It's a hard party to corral because it's full of beautiful ideas and differences while republicans need only a simple I hate blacks too

We need to hold republicans accountable for the hell they've inflicted.

uh no sorry it's all choose one: hilary/bernie fan's fault for not voting for choose one: bernie/hilary

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

firrup posted:

It'd be hilarious if Trump actually was a Clinton plant to hand her the election and now he has to figure out what the hell to do as president.

I've firmly believed that Trump never actually wanted to win. This was all an ego boost to say he ran and could have won if he wanted. Does anyone seriously believe that Trump wants to deal with the bullshit of being President? It's a terrible loving job. He has no idea what he's in for.

All I can hope for is we stagger through the next 4 years without screwing something up too badly, and put this all behind us.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

im not going to work tomorrow

i will be going to the passport office instead

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Alec Bald Snatch posted:

haha nope it's gone be someone even further to the right than clinton

probably.

I expected the results of this election to rip one of our political parties in half. Didn't get the party correct.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
theoretically I wanted this to happen, I said anyone but hillary, and now its trump.

So why do I feel like vomiting?

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/796208176114896897

:fork: ?

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/albamonica/status/796242378516467712

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Elephant Ambush posted:

"anti-racists really need to stop shaming racists! shaming doesn't work!"

*shames anti-racists*

and not a single lesson was learned this day. trump's gonna be president til 2024 because of people like you

matters gently caress all to me though, i'm in canada and i'll be dead before earth turns into venus mk 2

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Mr. Jive posted:

If only we had admonished the whites harder

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

Augus posted:

The fact that they voted for an openly racist candidate sure isn't convincing me here.

yeah it's almost as if someone in rural nebraska who has no interactions with minorities isn't all that concerned about that part of his message, and instead focuses on trump's other promises to directly better his life or something idk man

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/11/the-huffington-post-ending-its-editors-note-about-donald-trump-231044
huffpo has removed the end-of-article tag calling donald trump a racist etc, because apparently he might not be a racist once he becomes president

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
lol there was a billion dollars spent on this loss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

clinton is infinitely more of a problem in this election than johnson, stein, or bernie

• Locked thread