Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

breaklaw posted:

What the gently caress? On FOX they saying Podesta is going to speak but Hillary won't? Hillary is the one who isn't going to concede?

he'll be confessing to the abduction of Madeleine McCann

e: bled balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

SuperMarrio posted:

Are we hosed? Were hosed, aren't we? drat.

I mean we really are. There's no way of getting around this. :(

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Obama looks so fukken rough

i actually have pretty significant respect for him despite having little respect in many of his stances, i really can't imagine the feeling of watching any incrimental progress you might have brought be dashed in a night

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

just gross chuckled at clinton hq currently playing don't stop believing

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

FYI you don't get dumb and bad people to vote for you by appealing to their deplorable sensibilities, you do it by offering a sensible material policy that will improve their lives in easily understandable ways.

Without looking at Hillary's website, explain how her policy proposals would help an unemployed oil worker who was laid off in Texas by the Saudi oil glut.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

VladimirLeninpest posted:

It's really funny that all these people who toxxed for Clinton are gonna be banned., Like, really really funny.

This forum's gonna be crazy quiet tomorrow

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FourLeaf posted:

We were arrogant, and we need to honestly confront that fact.

Not on your life.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Ah, you were mocking about Brexit earlier, yes?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

FourLeaf posted:

remember those obnoxious arguments about who was to blame for dubya winning? nader running or al gore's bad campaign (nevermind that there can be multiple causes of a disaster)?

this election is gonna be the exact same thing

i mean kinda but this election really isn't even that close she is losing wisconsin and michigan by like 2-3%

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

As a rural white...

They have agency in their decisions. They're not victims here. Whether anyone likes to admit it or not, they're grown men and women responsible for what they do. If they couldn't think hard enough to realize why voting Trump was a bad idea, they deserve every ounce of scorn they get and then some.

gently caress them.

Seriously.

I grew up in a lovely rural town and those people don't WANT to be informed. They WANT to believe comfortable lies over unpleasant truths. They don't WANT to educate themselves. They don't WANT help from liberals or conservatives or anyone. As someone else in the thread said, there are rural cancer survivors that only survived because of insurance and/or federal help but still hate our health care system because they're ashamed that they needed help and that they're not really the Randian ubermensch they want to be. They're also literal undeveloped children who are happy to vote for less for themselves as long as other people have even less.

The worst part? They're PROUD of all this. They're PROUD to remain willfully ignorant. They whine and cry about how nobody listens to them and yet they never listen to anyone else. Intelligent people have been telling them to stop voting against their own interests for LITERALLY GENERATIONS and they just stick their fingers in their ears and bury their heads in the sand and scream "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

And I know this because I was raised to be that way too. And hey check it out I educated myself and grew the gently caress up like a mature, well-adjusted adult and these stubbornly racists bumfucks can get hosed. Every single one of them. They don't want to change. They don't want help. They just want all the women and minorities under their heels again because they honestly (and stupidly) believe that America will be Great Again.

Being nice to them will never change their minds. Trying to appeal to their economic needs will never change their minds. They just want the country to be white again.

gently caress. Them.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

exquisite tea posted:

Every assumption they made was completely wrong lmao. Like, uniformly wrong across every polling firm.

This is what I am not understanding. They had it perfected the past two elections nearly. These were so far off that it just boggles the mind.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

It's really funny that all these people who toxxed for Clinton are gonna be banned., Like, really really funny.

Lowtax is either gonna have a lot of money from reregs or is gonna need a much smaller cloud after this

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
A lot of extremely awful peole are very happy right now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SuperMarrio posted:

Are we hosed? Were hosed, aren't we? drat.

If you're straight and white, maybe a bit by the economies of the world plummeting

And if you're in Florida, sorry about you sinking in a decade

Everyone else is super hosed at best

nopants
May 29, 2004

comingafteryouall posted:

nothing mattered

no facts

no evidence

no news stories

ALL of the white rural voters are getting their news from infowars or breitbart or similar poo poo

it would have turned on Bernie or whoever too

we're talking about uneducated people who cannot tell the difference between a real and fake news story

This is the introspection we need. There's no solution. Those people are just too dumb!

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

breaklaw posted:

What the gently caress? On FOX they saying Podesta is going to speak but Hillary won't? Hillary is the one who isn't going to concede?

She's at least like, 10% responsible for blowing up america and p old so who knows if she'd survive that

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain
just loving lol at people saying to be nicer to the pieces of poo poo who've done nothing but gently caress my people over and over and over again just lol you dumb motherfucker

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I know the natural thing is to find some justifying story here, the Dems hosed it up, Clinton just didnt' try hard enough.

That was the Repubs said in 2012.

Our country is demanding darker and more dangerous times. Our sense of how it worked has been shown to have only a random association with reality.

The only thing that sees a future is the ability of important bad decisions to accumulate.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kAJOSCyTB0

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Zelder posted:

a man screaming friend of the family at me from a passing car: "friend of the family!"

me, having absorbed wisdom and used it to win the presidency: "hey you keep being you, buddy"

worked for obama

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Well this is all hosed but I'm getting a pretty hearty chuckle from the people going "Maybe minorities should be nicer to the people who are oppressing them".

If you notice, the most vocal (as well as the most powerful) people in the dem party who engage in the "lol rural poors are dumb" rhetoric are middle-class cisgendered hetero white men. They need to stop being smug to rural poors. PoC and queers and such can go ahead and be lovely to them because they are actually facing oppression.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

breaklaw posted:

they're probably still trying to wrestle the bottle away from her

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Nonsense posted:

It's started raining.

the least of my prayers was answered

i am content.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Neurolimal posted:

Obama looks so fukken rough

i actually have pretty significant respect for him despite having little respect in many of his stances, i really can't imagine the feeling of watching any incrimental progress you might have brought be dashed in a night

No respect for incrementalism. It failed. It took decades to dismantle the New Deal, and only one election to wipe out the Obama policies.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

breaklaw posted:

hillary wants in on some of that sweet sweet UK ecuadorian embassy action

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Grem posted:

Ok look, Trump with nuclear codes is probably not a great scenario, but what if we win a nuclear war? How cool would that be?

thank you for this. it actually made me lol

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Vladimir Putin posted:

Well here's a question for you rural white. Can rural America (e.g. Manufacturing) actually be saved or is this a fools errand?

Doesn't matter, internet person.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Philthy posted:

This is what I am not understanding. They had it perfected the past two elections nearly. These were so far off that it just boggles the mind.

white.

people.

mad.

Malachy
Dec 20, 2013

Grem posted:

Ok look, Trump with nuclear codes is probably not a great scenario, but what if we win a nuclear war? How cool would that be?

that would be awful really

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Is it worth losing the SC if it means Democrats can control the House for the next decade (after 2020)?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Director of Homeland Security Alex Jones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhqUk28OwHs
His press conferences would be entertaining at least...

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Augus posted:

They absolutely are concerned with that part of his message.They enjoy that part of his message. They are absolutely thrilled to have a candidate who is telling them that it's okay to want to lynch the blacks and the gays. And dumb fucks like you keep on apologizing for them, denying that their hatred is real, and acting like they are even right to feel the way they do. You are part of the problem you stupid fucker.

You elected Donald Trump

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
"They're passing out the red hats now."

"Rudy Guiliani, Attorney General."

Holy...

...poo poo.

What loving universe am I living in right now.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

FYI you don't get dumb and bad people to vote for you by appealing to their deplorable sensibilities, you do it by offering a sensible material policy that will improve their lives in easily understandable ways.

Without looking at Hillary's website, explain how her policy proposals would help an unemployed oil worker who was laid off in Texas by the Saudi oil glut.

They don't know or care what Hillary's policies are you moron.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
i wonder if she will refuse to concede... ROLES REVERSED?!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

It'll be good income for the forums. May be the only good thing that comes out of this election other than Sherriff Joe being hosed right off

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

At least we will get to look at Katy Tur for 4 years. Nice.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

Is it worth losing the SC if it means Democrats can control the House for the next decade (after 2020)?

Democrats will never control the House for 20 years.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
So is the new reality 14/8-20?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

that loving hat

• Locked thread