Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

My shop is called Liberty Comics, and I just don't know anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Even with running a terrible centrist capitulating candidate and the sheer amount of ugliness that was this election I sincerely thought this country was better than this. I served for it, I...I have nothing more to say. This is unreal.

I can't believe this. I just want to wake up tomorrow and it all be a bad dream.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I just don't loving know any more man. Even at my most cynical I believed America stood for something and we were a good nation of good people at their heart.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Have any of you been paying attention to this country for the last few years?

This is what the majority voted for. This is what we loving deserve.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

If Clinton wins the popular vote (which she probably will) then the majority didn't vote for this.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

WickedHate posted:

Yeah. This is a nightmare. This is really a nightmare. I can't stand this.

It's at least a better thought than him enacting his own decisions.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

Have any of you been paying attention to this country for the last few years?

This is what the majority voted for. This is what we loving deserve.

The people who will suffer the most from this have done nothing to deserve it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

The people who will suffer the most from this have done nothing to deserve it.

It feels like they've already been suffering. If you're gay or brown in America the last year you may as well have a target on your back. This country sucks.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm not sure i "deserve" to have access to medical care and my medication which allow me to hold a job taken away, leading to eventual homelessness and death

But okay sure

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rhyno posted:

It feels like they've already been suffering. If you're gay or brown in America the last year you may as well have a target on your back. This country sucks.

Things are just going to get worse.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I really don't know what to do, you guys. This is too much. I really don't wanna live through this. I feel like there's no morality to anything, the universe is just a dark nihilistic void where bad guys just keep winning. There's no god or grand plan. It's just poo poo all the way down. What do I do.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mr. Maltose posted:

gently caress you. Deeply and sincerely gently caress off if this is fun in any way to you.
Some people just want to watch the world burn.

:munch:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

This is insanely bad for me since I'm completely dependent on the aca existing

Same here pal. :(:hf::(

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I just don't loving know any more man. Even at my most cynical I believed America stood for something and we were a good nation of good people at their heart.

Well hey, at least now Nick Spencer doesn't have to worry about writing Steve Rogers out of being a member of HYDRA.

Alternate joke: at least in 2020 we'll get a great new retelling of that "Nixon leading the Secret Empire" story, if you get my drift*.

*gently caress I'm probably on a watchlist now...

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

WickedHate posted:

I really don't wanna live through this.

As the POTUS said, the sun will come up no matter what. New comics out tomorrow :)

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Teenage Fansub posted:

As the POTUS said, the sun will come up no matter what. New comics out tomorrow :)

My partner killed herself.

This isn't a good year.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

WickedHate posted:

This isn't a good year.

I'm so unbelievably sorry

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Holy poo poo I'm so sorry.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You're gonna keep moving ahead, WH. There's nothing else to do but that.

e: Remember someone gifted you that cool avatar. Surprising good, nice stuff happens. Big-shot Bozo can't stop that :)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Nov 9, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm very sorry to hear that, WickedHate. Truly.

I'm just very speechless right now and things make very little sense to me.

The worst part is that as a straight, white male, I know that at the end of the day, I'll be mostly okay. It's just *all of my closest friends* I am concerned about.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Thanks guys. Everyone be safe.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
gently caress wh I'm sorry

*hugs for you and tbh a little for me too*

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Perhaps a bit inappropriate in timing, but I'm streaming Hellboy for the catharsis factor if anyone wants to join and watch

https://www.rabb.it/Somethingwentwrong

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
No offense but I am glad to live in Canada today. Seriously all Americans who voted for Trump will get what they deserve and to all those who didn't , I'm sorry but I got a spare room of you need a place to hide.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ok guys, this isn't the politics forum let's not have 10 pages of politics.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Aaand Clinton didn't give a concession speech, but is conceding. That was our candidate guys. The last line of defense against a fascist racist idiot.

Not even the largely ceremonial but still politically useful speech so as to set a new course/agenda for the dems. Nothing. Giving up like a coward, not fighting or even waiting for late ballots to arrive.

Im so glad we allowed the DNC to handpick our candidate for us over Sanders.

Ed:^^^sorry didn't notice till after I posted

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

X-O posted:

Ok guys, this isn't the politics forum let's not have 10 pages of politics.

Can we talk about our favourite anti Fascist comics? I liked it when Cap America punched Hitler in the face. Not that that is topical or anything.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I look forward to the next marvel event where Carol danvers is in charge of the Muslim/black/latinx concentration camps and kamala watches her family murdered on the street by the kkk

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

site posted:

I look forward to the next marvel event where Carol danvers is in charge of the Muslim/black/latinx concentration camps and kamala watches her family murdered on the street by the kkk

Reminder that the CEO of Marvel, Ike Perlmutter, donated a huge amount of cash to the Trump campaign.

Wait, sorry, is that on-topic enough? I'm not being sarcastic.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Madkal posted:

Can we talk about our favourite anti Fascist comics? I liked it when Cap America punched Hitler in the face. Not that that is topical or anything.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

WickedHate posted:

This isn't a good year.

I'm so sorry Wickedhate. When did this happen?

WickedHate posted:

I really don't know what to do, you guys. This is too much. I really don't wanna live through this. I feel like there's no morality to anything, the universe is just a dark nihilistic void where bad guys just keep winning. There's no god or grand plan. It's just poo poo all the way down. What do I do.

http://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Nov 9, 2016

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

well gang things are not great

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I'm so sorry to hear about your partner, WH.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Nov 9, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

I'm so sorry Wickedhate. When did this happen?

Recently enough that it all hitting at once is feeling like my blood is curdling. Ironically, it's not related to the election, they lived in the UK and had it planned out already. They talked about the subject enough that I knew to brace for it, at least.

This is sort of me right now. Just sort of feel dead, so I'm rolling with my natural emotional detachment to stay sane.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
What this thread needs (now more than ever) is superheroes!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Little weirded out that this happens right as I decide to re-read New Frontier.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
sorry I posted this before I saw X-O saying no politics

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 9, 2016

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

CapnAndy posted:

nowhere is going to be safe when the nukes fly. Nowhere.

If I'm wrong and there's somewhere to run to please let me know, I've never been more afraid in my life than I am today.

If On the Beach taught me anything, the Australian coast near Melbourne is your best bet.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

WickedHate posted:

This isn't a good year.

I'm so sorry to hear that WickedHate. I can't even imagine the pain you're going through. :(

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Death Battle: Hulk vs Doomsday

One of their best fights yet. Results: Wow, I really did not expect Doomsday to win. These are usually super predictable based on stuff that'd make it seem like Hulk was a sure victor, but nope. Good poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

WickedHate posted:

This isn't a good year.

Oh, god. I am so, so sorry.

• Locked thread