Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
The smug levels off of Hannity are going to be unbearable.

I was looking forward today as the start of a Republican Civil war... I may still get that, but not like this... not like this..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Thundercracker posted:

The only people I'm super pissed at are the pollsters. Clinton ran an almost perfect campaign despite constant hacks and interference. Trump just Trump'd.

The pollsters loving hosed this up BIGLY. This makes dewey beats truman look like a grammatical error.

I guess this really answers the question of if GOTV matters, and the answer is apparently "gently caress all."

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Not a Step posted:

no one cared about the countries near Russia to begin with though. We let the Russians march into Ukraine on one of the most transparent pretexts ever and did not a goddamn thing as they annexed the Crimea. Our Russia policy is gonna change from sternly wagging a disapproving finger to quietly clapping in the background.
Ukraine isn't in NATO though. If Putin invades one of the Baltic states and Trump refuses to defend them poo poo will get bad.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

CNN reporting that Putin wants to restore relations with the US

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

My Q-Face posted:

As opposed to joining Twitter/Tumblr/Reddit/SomethingAwful.com and only seeing the news you want?

...yes? I try to read opposing viewpoint articles?

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Montasque posted:

The smug levels off of Hannity are going to be unbearable.

I was looking forward today as the start of a Republican Civil war... I may still get that, but not like this... not like this..

Isn't the Republican civil war about to start in earnest?

Spoiler: trump wins

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Imagine being the White House chef and knowing that you're gonna have to cook all your steaks well done, because that's how president Donald trump likes them

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

yeah i havent really thought about the foreign policy consequences but man america being friendlier with russia than NATO is going to lead to some real weird things

also asia, he doesnt like defending SC and Japan for free, but he also is probably going to start a trade war with china so who the gently caress knows whats going to go on there

hes also probably going to carpet bomb the poo poo out of syria pouring fuel on the fire of the ME.

wow man this is going to be a disaster

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/amandacarpenter/status/796317402950668289

Seriously, all these people are dead.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Casimir Radon posted:

Ukraine isn't in NATO though. If Putin invades one of the Baltic states and Trump refuses to defend them poo poo will get bad.

trump doesnt know what a baltic state is

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

yeah i havent really thought about the foreign policy consequences but man america being friendlier with russia than NATO is going to lead to some real weird things

also asia, he doesnt like defending SC and Japan for free, but he also is probably going to start a trade war with china so who the gently caress knows whats going to go on there

hes also probably going to carpet bomb the poo poo out of syria pouring fuel on the fire of the ME.

wow man this is going to be a disaster

emails

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

its a cute tweet

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Which will be good for him when they're suddenly part of Russia again.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Fiction posted:

Isn't the Republican civil war about to start in earnest?

Spoiler: trump wins

Trump won. The #NeverTrumpers have surrendered, and the ones that haven't... who cares, its' over.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Imagine being the White House chef and knowing that you're gonna have to cook all your steaks well done, because that's how president Donald trump likes them

More like getting a miniature McDonalds kitchen set up in the WH

Jesus Christ

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Baloogan posted:

meh, he might get a pardon :shrug:
What is the one thing Trump has been ideologically consistent on?

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Putin will explain it to him. "Historically part of Greater Russia."

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Nonsense posted:

CNN reporting that Putin wants to restore relations with the US

I guess it was our turn to lose a cold war, gg new Russian superpower.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Montasque posted:

Trump won. The #NeverTrumpers have surrendered, and the ones that haven't... who cares, its' over.

yep. All Will Wear The Hat

Jaminjami
Jan 26, 2015
Cyborg Bernie 2020

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Dilbert Dweb Linguistic killshot turd was right.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Also by far the worst consequence of this, so sad that I'm not even trying to make jokes about it, is that we're absolutely hosed regarding global warming

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

MasterControl posted:

The unfollow button is great. It became a process the instant someone sent a friend request. My feed is mostly 3-4 of my friends I really like who post pictures of their kids, coffee news, and blizzard announcements. Just a suggestion to make that arena slightly better.

Better tip: Don't be on Facebook. My wife manages my empty shell of a Facebook because I refuse to use it but she thinks I look fake if I don't have one. Facebook is poo poo, talk to your friends on the phone or through Skype or send emails or literally anything else but social media. Even posting on these dead gay forums is better than social media because unless someone makes me an IK I can't just probate anyone I disagree with to create a perfect echo chamber and Im not trying to pretend to be an idealized version of myself since Im (somewhat) anonymous.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Water Resistant posted:

So how scared is Hills right now of being locked up? When does she seek political asylum?

The first team they sent is already cold, lying in a ditch. Just more bodies added to Hillary's pile. Time to call in the bad hombres.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Also keep talking about the popular vote guys, it really will make Hillary's historically humiliating defeat not bad.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Also by far the worst consequence of this, so sad that I'm not even trying to make jokes about it, is that we're absolutely hosed regarding global warming

so this is the great filter

not with a bang

but with a whispered... maga

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

lol

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

So where does this leave the tea party?

They got: promises of lower taxes (lol), kicking the establishment, hardcore SCOTUS

They didn't get: lower spending, smaller govmt

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

exquisite tea posted:

I guess this really answers the question of if GOTV matters, and the answer is apparently "gently caress all."

I think it's more than Hillary's GOTV wasn't nearly as good as it was touted to be, and the 100m+ that the RNC put into building out their GOTV operation paid off.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Guys...

I blame HBO for creating the anti-hero protagonist.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

So what happens when President Trump cannot wave a magical wand and get all the manufacturing jobs back?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tea party has been dead for awhile

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Night10194 posted:

So what happens when President Trump cannot wave a magical wand and get all the manufacturing jobs back?

Expanded Republican majority.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

We already were, now we're just knocking a bunch of years off our death clock

Gonna invest heavily in 50 gallon water tanks and self-sustaining gardening on my property now that water and food shortages are all but inevitable now

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Night10194 posted:

nothing matters

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Trump is going to be feasting on a steady diet of boogers and human bodily fluids for four years

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Robert Morrow must be one scared mohfoh right now. What's his twitter saying?

"I'm not owned! I'm not owned!"

Well, I actually checked and saw that he retweeted this

https://twitter.com/AngelTilaLove/status/796232296974217216

madness inspires madness

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I can't loving wait for the insipid naval gazing that were gonna get from CNN and morning joe about how the media might have had a role in this election

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Night10194 posted:

Even after all this, you still don't believe that Trump is magical...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

TyrantWD posted:

I think it's more than Hillary's GOTV wasn't nearly as good as it was touted to be, and the 100m+ that the RNC put into building out their GOTV operation paid off.

All that stuff serves as force amplifiers, which dont work well if the force they're amplifying is milquetoast.

The writers did an amazibg job foreshadowing this twist with the JEB! arc

• Locked thread