Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Booblord Zagats posted:

They don't have that many federal judges or the 2/3rds majority to fast track poo poo. The Dems still have a ton of tools and an election coming up in 2 years to take back either or both. This bemoaning of freedom lost is the same as the right when they start bulk purchasing Mosins and poo poo and won't do anything but alienate the left further. Be citizens, not social media poo poo posters

Maybe we can just be sad for a couple days and then go to work on figuring out where we went wrong and how to fix poo poo for 2018 and 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Stop betting on trump to not defy your expectations.

If you take away nothing else from this last year and a half, at least take that away.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
Why does Tim Kaine come off as such a creepy rear end in a top hat?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Here's something cool: looks like Rep. Duckworth will soon be Sen. Duckworth.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Maybe we can just be sad for a couple days and then go to work on figuring out where we went wrong and how to fix poo poo for 2018 and 2020.

They ignored the lessons after the 2008 primaries, the 2010 midterms, the 2012 general and the 2014 midterms.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Naked Bear posted:

:unsmith:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

milk milk lemonade posted:

loving Christ this. It's as bad as "Obummers gonna take our guns!!!" Yes Trump is a huge troglodyte. It is disorientating that he is going to be our president. But he is going to have difficulty getting his arms around this because he isn't a career politician. He is almost assuredly going to be plagued by scandal and unlike last time the Dems aren't going to be cowed in acquiescence by "bbbbbut 9/11!!!" Just take a deep breath and chill. He might even be trolling the poo poo out of Republicans and just won the presidency by accident. This might be the most meta, ironic presidency of all time.

See you say that, but I know a whole lot of civil servants and intel folks who are probably going to leave government service for the private sector. So let's not pretend that the country is going to be a less safe place going forwards.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Sounds good to me, man. I'm not thrilled with the Gropen Fuhrer either, but keep the horizon in sight, ya know?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Made up scenario? This poo poo has already happened before you dumbass.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/02/us/same-sex-marriage-kentucky-kim-davis.html

And when it happened, a 49 year old, elected for life, appointed by GWB federal judge put a stop to it.
That judge, and hundreds like him aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
The U.S. has a deep bench of people not subject to re-election who know how to run a country, 8 years of tea party inroads and Trump's election notwithstanding.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
The man now responsible for the strategic application of military force was, just weeks ago, presumably under the advice of council, asked to relinquish control his twitter account for his own benefit.

I don't know what to feel.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

joat mon posted:

And when it happened, a 49 year old, elected for life, appointed by GWB federal judge put a stop to it.
That judge, and hundreds like him aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
The U.S. has a deep bench of people not subject to re-election who know how to run a country, 8 years of tea party inroads and Trump's election notwithstanding.

This is true. I'm just hoping for the best at this point but little things like this help.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Handsome Ralph posted:

This is true. I'm just hoping for the best at this point but little things like this help.

And let's not forget the creationism/teach the controversy stuff was also nixed by another GWB appointee.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

And let's not forget the creationism/teach the controversy stuff was also nixed by another GWB appointee.

Ted Olsen, Bush's Solicitor General, argued before SCOTUS to strike down gay marriage bans.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Naked Bear posted:

Only good vote of mine out of IL.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Cigs now cost $2 more per pack
Ammo now needs a background check
Death penalty stays
Plastic bags are haram
Bareback sex is ok to be filmed
Pot is legal over 21
Property tax is going up again for at least 48 more years for more bart crap

California

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Gotta love that $10/oz tax on pot. I am allowed to have a small grow in my closet now though.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

ded posted:

Cigs now cost $2 more per pack
Ammo now needs a background check
Death penalty stays
Plastic bags are haram
Bareback sex is ok to be filmed
Pot is legal over 21
Property tax is going up again for at least 48 more years for more bart crap

California

These things are all cool and good (except for the ammo thing). California got it right.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Gotta love that $10/oz tax on pot. I am allowed to have a small grow in my closet now though.

I don't know enough about weed to know if this is way higher or way lower than anyone else is doing right now.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Massachusetts also passed their weed thing, so that'll go into effect in March (I think?). Didn't Florida have that on the ballot, as well? I'd be amazed if California even managed to make background checks for ammo happen. That was supposed to happen here in NY, too, but that got axed after the state realized that it was nearly impossible to implement.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Slim Pickens posted:

I don't know enough about weed to know if this is way higher or way lower than anyone else is doing right now.

It's insanely low for a sin tax.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

I keep seeing this. Who exactly is he starting a war with?
The whole campaign was the news telling us he was in bed with Russia, and Clinton was the one rattling sabres at them.
Stop being loving babies about this.
Here's the issue: I'm not worried about Trump starting poo poo, I'm worried about leaders in Russia and China and half a dozen other places feeling like they have room to maneuver with Trump in the WH. I'm worried about that provoking a crisis at one of the world's many flash points, and an intemperate man with no understanding of his limits being unable to thread the needle between Scylla and Charybdis.

holocaust bloopers posted:

I feel ok about the odds of both the GOP and Dems finding some sort of weird balance. Trump is a guy who didn't want either of them and they didn't want him.
No, Republicans going to bend the knee because they want access to Trump voters going forward.

Deathy McDeath posted:

These things are all cool and good (except for the ammo thing). California got it right.

Don't forget that people on death row have to do forced labor and give the money to their victims. Prop 66 is some crazy poo poo.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST
Has Shrkeli released the Wu Tang tracks yet?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sky shark posted:

Has Shrkeli released the Wu Tang tracks yet?

Wait he said he would?

Edit

He has apparently.

So Trump has gotten us new Wu Tang.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Dead Reckoning posted:

Here's the issue: I'm not worried about Trump starting poo poo, I'm worried about leaders in Russia and China and half a dozen other places feeling like they have room to maneuver with Trump in the WH. I'm worried about that provoking a crisis at one of the world's many flash points, and an intemperate man with no understanding of his limits being unable to thread the needle between Scylla and Charybdis.

On the other hand, maybe having a wild lunatic with one finger on the button will make people nervous enough not to gently caress around.

Optimism!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
at least they voted out sheriff joe

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The only silver lining is Trump has more opportunities to embarrass himself than before. The bad news is that people are going to get hurt and we'll go back to being international pariahs again.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Slim Pickens posted:

Depends on what the base price is.

A $10 tax isn't much for an ounce but I don't know if it's a lot compared to what other states levied.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 9, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Nov 9, 2016

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Vengarr posted:

On the other hand, maybe having a wild lunatic with one finger on the button will make people nervous enough not to gently caress around.

Optimism!

We tried that with Nixon and it made Russia just want to be the one that struck first.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Reverand maynard posted:

We tried that with Nixon and it made Russia just want to be the one that struck first.

Isn't that also what the Cuban missile crisis was about?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Reverand maynard posted:

Putin is no Brezhnev

He derives power from an oligarchy of businessmen, and they want to make money.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

VikingSkull posted:

Putin is no Brezhnev

He derives power from an oligarchy of businessmen, and they want to make money.

My wife says the same thing about Trump, and so none of the insane poo poo he has promised will be true because it would be bad for business.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

RFC2324 posted:

My wife says the same thing about Trump, and so none of the insane poo poo he has promised will be true because it would be bad for business.

That's my going thought.

I really don't think someone that egotistical wants to die in nuclear hellfire, it's the ideologues that I'm worried about.

I don't think either Trump or Putin actually have that in them.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dingleberry posted:

There's always 2020

Kanye and Kait ticket

Wait, what?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

RFC2324 posted:

GM is laying off like 2000 workers in early 2017 which reeks of irony to me. It's probably nothing to do with Trump, but the timing is kind of funny.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

At least david duke lost :unsmith:

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Vasudus posted:

at least they voted out sheriff joe

And voted in Tammy Duckworth.
Duckworth 2020

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Fo3 posted:

And voted in Tammy Duckworth.
Duckworth 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Sacrist65 posted:

The man now responsible for the strategic application of military force was, just weeks ago, presumably under the advice of council, asked to relinquish control his twitter account for his own benefit.

This really is the whole thing in a nutshell. It's going to be a wild ride.

• Locked thread