Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

drunken officeparty posted:

Is there any reason to use a gun that isn't the negev?

Hard to drop a beat with a Negev.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Soulex posted:

Excuse me, did you just assume what I would find sexy?

It's amazing how that video is aptly named, so u gotta, y'know?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Xenaero posted:

And spicy music you could deagle to like so https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEsQPKIPL0I

https://gfycat.com/AfraidShamefulFairyfly

psy.Che
Feb 23, 2011
I loved this one back in the day (even though I know nothing about French CS): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3lIqz86z5M

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
So what's your favorite modern fragmovie?

I think TSM - Dawn is my favorite out of CS:GO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXIf5gAyrf4

Incidentally, this song is also amazing to drop acid to :lsd:

(Also, clearing my cache for the first time in years fixed my steam web browser issues, so if anyone has a similar problem. . .)

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Nov 8, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bohemian Nights posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9wFm9zlgPw

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
The best frag movie ever
https://youtu.be/sDgKAPisrWo

A close second
https://youtu.be/pzPL2JuOfDM (this one is just stream highlights though)

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Bohemian Nights posted:

Pubmasters The Movie

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

drunken officeparty posted:

Is there any reason to use a gun that isn't the negev?

glock when saving for the negev

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Not that I am not flagrantly proud of my brand spankin new SILVER THREE video game ranking, but what determines when it goes up. Is it just winrate.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
There's supposedly a few factors but it boils down to winning more and losing less. Work to improve your skill and find a team to work with and you'll get better in no time. Goons are awesome to learn from as well.

The Sub.io crew plays often and I'm also working on a group, but it also accepts randoms that aren't terrible. I recommend playing with people a little better than you. You'll die more but you'll learn faster.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Basically they have a bunch of things that measure the skill of how you play, but winning consistently is the way to rank up. Play well in every game, win as many games as possible.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

it's actually your vibes rating that decides your rank and the only way to get your vibes rating up is to have good vibes at all times

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

then why are 97.4% of all SMFC+ players i meet toxic as poo poo

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Savage For The Winjun posted:

oh you meant the ingame rank i meant the ranking of how cool you are to all the ladies

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

im gay

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Good Vibes are taking a break. It is the 4 year era of playing nothing but GG Allin and SLAYER over mic and only saying "gently caress" in chat

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Slumpy posted:

Good Vibes are taking a break. It is the 4 year era of playing nothing but GG Allin and SLAYER over mic and only saying "gently caress" in chat

you're gonna get a good home i promise

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Macnult posted:

you're gonna get a good home i promise

BF1 is a good home.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Savage For The Winjun posted:

I've noticed people becoming less toxic as I go up in rank. Like, I've only climbed as high as MGE but I've had games where we started 0-7 with some people getting no kills and nobody says a peep, then eventually we start winning and end up 16-9 or something. In Nova ranks people start melting down the moment you lose the 4th round if not earlier, which is probably part of the reason they're novas.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
A lot of people have the expectation and assumption they should always be connecting critical shots, especially when they start getting a loose grip on the game. Happened to me. Eventually it clicks, especially as you rank up further that hey guess what? If you miss, you miss. Let it get to you, and you fuckin start missing more.

Those middle of the road ranks are just people coming to terms with it. It's not really their fault.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Xenaero posted:

A lot of people have the expectation and assumption they should always be connecting critical shots, especially when they start getting a loose grip on the game. Happened to me. Eventually it clicks, especially as you rank up further that hey guess what? If you miss, you miss. Let it get to you, and you fuckin start missing more.
Holy poo poo, that's me. I always feel like if I miss any shot or don't clutch, I failed completely, even in unlikely scenarios. loving mind games, man.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

symbolic posted:

Holy poo poo, that's me. I always feel like if I miss any shot or don't clutch, I failed completely, even in unlikely scenarios. loving mind games, man.

I'm just starting to get over this. I've been a lot more smart about knowing when to try and when to save.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

symbolic posted:

Same. I'd get pissed I didn't get a shot off on a dude in a stupid position, so I'd repeek, and get murdered by a dude now in a favorable angle. Stopping just that has made me so much better.

A main on cache used to be the death of me on T side

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Don't play much comp but watched a bunch of pro csgo and decided to save my rifle in a 1v3. Dead teammate taunts me so I go out to hunt and guess what happens, yup I lose my rifle.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Goons like to ask for ways that aren't just playing the game to get good at the game, so I've put together a collection of the practice maps I use/find the most useful:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=796681889

I'm also going to write up some guides at some point, I started to do "educational" CS streams a while back, and now that my job's settled a bit I'm hoping to get back into it.

E: Also super up for suggestions if people have maps they like that are not on here, I was sticking basically just to core mechanics to start with, didn't want to overload people.

surc fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Nov 10, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007

symbolic posted:

the 2nd lan i went to i lost 5 clutches in the first half of my first map

i turned a 5v1 into a 1v1 and two 3v1s into a 1v1 and still lost every one of them

my teammates being there kept me from tilting off the face of the earth but i was still pretty loving heated at myself, despite doing a ton of damage to their economy

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

surc posted:

Goons like to ask for ways that aren't just playing the game to get good at the game, so I've put together a collection of the practice maps I use/find the most useful:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=796681889

I'm also going to write up some guides at some point, I started to do "educational" CS streams a while back, and now that my job's settled a bit I'm hoping to get back into it.

E: Also super up for suggestions if people have maps they like that are not on here, I was sticking basically just to core mechanics to start with, didn't want to overload people.

Those prefire maps are a godsend

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah, some other goon (I think turk?) found them, and they are fantastic, although fps-intense because of all the bots.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

surc posted:

Yeah, some other goon (I think turk?) found them, and they are fantastic, although fps-intense because of all the bots.

Luna Was Here posted:

im just gonna throw it in here: turk is a national treasure

protect his soul

Yunvespla
Jan 21, 2016
Hey, no one is responding to me (or there's no one actually in?) the chatroom that I'm instructed to post in for an invite... hope I can still get one by posting my userID here. Please and thank you.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/cosmic_prank

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

cosmicprank posted:

Hey, no one is responding to me (or there's no one actually in?) the chatroom that I'm instructed to post in for an invite... hope I can still get one by posting my userID here. Please and thank you.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/cosmic_prank

If no one gets to you by this afternoon I'll do it when I get home from the road.

Edit: gently caress it, I added you as well as invited you to the CSGOON and sub.io groups on Steam Mobile.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Nov 10, 2016

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I'm in more or less a 15 game loss streak with only a couple of wins here and there. I'm consistently the top or 2nd player in my team but I consistently get 2-3 teammates that go something like 2-16 or worse.

What is going on :negative:

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

You're on a bad streak. The matchmaker can't tell who's playing like poo poo today or tilted and you're unluckily getting them all in your games. Or your personality is so dreadful you're doing it to them but lets assume its not that. But like with every streak there's relatively little you can do about it other than keep playing. Its like the opposite of hot hand fallacy.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
your just bad

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Elman posted:

I'm in more or less a 15 game loss streak with only a couple of wins here and there. I'm consistently the top or 2nd player in my team but I consistently get 2-3 teammates that go something like 2-16 or worse.

What is going on :negative:

Yesterday, me and some handsome boys 4 stacked with someone who was 2nd fragger but so toxic he made us lose. Were you that dude?

(KDR is not always an indicator of who is playing the most usefully for a team. You can be topfragging and never help anybody with executes, you can be lurking when you shouldn't be, etc. Get good vibes going, try to focus on playing team play instead of solo play, rally the troops, and tell toxic people not to be toxic, in the least reactive tone you can. These are the rules of non-5stacking.)

surc fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Nov 10, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007
If you can look at subio demos and calculate rws, yesterday I went 20 7 on a ct half and probably won 1 or 2 rounds myself. we lost 12 3 but i dont think i had any impact on the wins. mostly went for exits because our economy was bad the whole time. I got a lot of kills but I don't feel like I really did anything at all past pistol. But I did try to be a good vibes person and dropped weapons. Even in a losing situation you can set your team up for a come back if you are being nice and trying to be a team player

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

surc posted:

Yesterday, me and some handsome boys 4 stacked with someone who was 2nd fragger but so toxic he made us lose. Were you that dude?

(KDR is not always an indicator of who is playing the most usefully for a team. You can be topfragging and never help anybody with executes, you can be lurking when you shouldn't be, etc. Get good vibes going, try to focus on playing team play instead of solo play, rally the troops, and tell toxic people not to be toxic, in the least reactive tone you can. These are the rules of non-5stacking.)

Actually the rules for playing as a 4 is to blame all lost rounds on your retarded 5th, never comms in game so they know nothing, then kick them on the round you're about to win. Can't believe you haven't caught on yet.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Jeza posted:

Actually the rules for playing as a 4 is to blame all lost rounds on your retarded 5th, never comms in game so they know nothing, then kick them on the round you're about to win. Can't believe you haven't caught on yet.

Agreed. if you're retarded enough to solo queue, you should eat all responsibility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

How do I use this sub.io thing? Is it a goon only kind of thing? If I click log in on it, it goes to the steam third party log in thing which then loads forever when I try to continue. And hitting join server brings up the steam server info for 104.28.5.58:27015 but it just says server not responding.