Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Fojar38 posted:

A lot of these things look like he'd have serious trouble gaining congressional approval even with a GOP senate

Some, yeah. Stuff he can do without anyone else:

Mess around with foreign policy all he wants
Scale back the EPA, withdraw from, or direct agencies to cease enforcing, Enviromental treaties
Overturn all Obama's executive orders
Screw over, or even withdraw from, NATO
Direct the DOJ to investigate...just about anyone he wants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Turns out that the secret of nimh is that he's racist.

Mrs Frisby and the Elders of Zion

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

MrSargent posted:

Is there a reason why people literally using racial slurs is being glossed over in D&D now?

Probably the same reason black posters were getting probated extra hard for things white posters could do no problem in USPOL November 1.0 and USPOL October.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Someone gas this thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Fojar38 posted:

To add to that someone said that the GOP might nuke the fillibuster to deny Democrats the opportunity to influence the senate but have there been any moves to actually do that

It's practically guaranteed. A lot of the things Republicans did over the past decade are things that Congress could have done at any time, but generally refrained from doing because it was against ~tradition~ and doing it would give the other side an excuse to do the same thing back. Now that they've retaken control, the first issue on their slate is to prevent the Dems from using the exact same tactics against them.

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

It turns out... We were the corncobs all along.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Probably the same reason black posters were getting probated extra hard for things white posters could do no problem in USPOL November 1.0 and USPOL October.

are you serious? jesus christ

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

nimh posted:

"gently caress straight white people." Do i blend in now?

Nah, you still act and talk like poo poo. But if you want I'll help you blend in with the compost heap.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

MrSargent posted:

Is there a reason why people literally using racial slurs is being glossed over in D&D now?

I'm hoping it's because a mod just hasn't processed it yet.

On a national scale look forward to them being used in public a lot more since Trump has emboldened the racism that was bubbling under the surface of America.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
How is Trump going to end the war on coal, by banning fracking?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
remember when people were counting all the hispanic people early voting in florida and calling it all for clinton

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Squashing Machine posted:

Good. Let the hate consume you. It's not us who has to change, it's them! Which they won't, so maybe if there was only some way to make these people stop existing entirely...

After the hullaballoo subsides a bit, I'll probably reactivate my FB account. And those same folks will be there; the ones who I tried MANY, MANY, MANY loving times to have civil conversations with about the state of the nation.

Before I was met with "BENGHAZI! EMAILS! LYING LIAR WHO LIES!" when talking about stuff like climate change, education funding, etc. I'll earnestly wade back into the fray...and will likely be met with "LOSER! TRUMP! LEAVE THIS COUNTRY!".

I mean, do some of you just not co-mingle with people in conservative circles or something? I can't find a single data point upon which even the most frugal of inroads can be made with these folks. Maybe I'm a poor explainer or poor debater or whatever. I dunno', but since 2000 it seems like I'm trying to talk to some sort of hivemind instead of an individual when confronting people who are conservative that I know personally.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

MrSargent posted:

It's been reported, he'll be banned fairly soon

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Funny that Lowtax is probably making more money off all these new redtexts than he would if the toxx bans went through

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

greatn posted:

Trump doesn't actually have any plans on how to actually do anything he promised that's more complicated than signing his name to something, hth.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

corn in the bible posted:

remember when people were counting all the hispanic people early voting in florida and calling it all for clinton

they were voting early for Trump so they could get Roe Vs Wade repealed.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

MrSargent posted:

All the D&D mods are EU people that are currently sleeping, is my guess. This is far from the first time it's taken a while for racist fuckers to get banned.

I'm surprised another mod hasn't come in to drop a sixie, though.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

greatn posted:

Federal income tax will have to be paid using coal (bought from the new TrumpCOAL company).

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

greatn posted:

He's not going to do anything and has no plans whatsoever. Either he's frantically scribbling together some sort of actual platform or more likely he's just going to do nothing and let the people that voted for him slowly realize they;ve been had and then still vote for him again in 2020.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

JFairfax posted:

they were voting early for Trump so they could get Roe Vs Wade repealed.

Nah in Florida it would be Cubans voting against Hillary for normalization.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

The Shortest Path posted:

All the D&D mods are EU people that are currently sleeping, is my guess. This is far from the first time it's taken a while for racist fuckers to get banned.

I'm surprised another mod hasn't come in to drop a sixie, though.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

At least one mod is aware and doesn't give a poo poo, fwiw

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Matoi Ryuko posted:

That explains the rats

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Tatsuta Age posted:

At least one mod is aware and doesn't give a poo poo, fwiw

I don't know why you'd interpret this as not giving a poo poo. I don't have any powers in this forum.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

nimh posted:

Youre are literally denouncing straight white people. Thats why i called you a spic. You can choose where to live.

you're a stupid piece of poo poo for so many reasons but lets focus on the one that nobody else has yet:

moving is not an easy thing to do

choosing where to live isn't an actual thing for most people

gently caress yourself

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

C2C - 2.0 posted:

After the hullaballoo subsides a bit, I'll probably reactivate my FB account. And those same folks will be there; the ones who I tried MANY, MANY, MANY loving times to have civil conversations with about the state of the nation.

Before I was met with "BENGHAZI! EMAILS! LYING LIAR WHO LIES!" when talking about stuff like climate change, education funding, etc. I'll earnestly wade back into the fray...and will likely be met with "LOSER! TRUMP! LEAVE THIS COUNTRY!".

I mean, do some of you just not co-mingle with people in conservative circles or something? I can't find a single data point upon which even the most frugal of inroads can be made with these folks. Maybe I'm a poor explainer or poor debater or whatever. I dunno', but since 2000 it seems like I'm trying to talk to some sort of hivemind instead of an individual when confronting people who are conservative that I know personally.

And they'd probably say the same thing about you, that there's no way you'll ever see their brand of true reason and that you're a irredeemable loon who drinks the party kool-aid. The point is that it's easy to give in to that kind of thought, because it ultimately lets you off the hook for having to actually debate or change anyone's mind. Both sides accuse the other of buying into the hivemind and of being impossible to deal with, and that's how we've arrived at this point.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Trump, in many ways, is probably gonna' be like Bush 2.0

Sure, you'll worry about him holding the office, but it's his cabinet/advisors (along with the House/Senate) that'll really be loving up this country.

As was mentioned last night, he is probably going to appoint a climate change denier as the head of the EPA.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

PST posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37862521

What Trump (Or Mike Pence) have said he'll do on day 1

lol these people are retarded. yes I'm sure all of this will be done in the course of a loving day. they have no idea how to even do half of this poo poo.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I don't know why you'd interpret this as not giving a poo poo. I don't have any powers in this forum.

Apologies, thought you were a mod here

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
matois anime powers fail him here, in the realm of debate and/or discussion

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

And they'd probably say the same thing about you, that there's no way you'll ever see their brand of true reason and that you're a irredeemable loon who drinks the party kool-aid. The point is that it's easy to give in to that kind of thought, because it ultimately lets you off the hook for having to actually debate or change anyone's mind. Both sides accuse the other of buying into the hivemind and of being impossible to deal with, and that's how we've arrived at this point.

What does Benghazi have to do with climate change? How does the Democratic nominee being an "ugly bitch" play into reduced funding for mental healthcare across this country?

I'm sorry, but at a point, it's no longer "2 sides of the same coin". Post-facts world & all that, I guess.

nimh
Sep 18, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

you're a stupid piece of poo poo for so many reasons but lets focus on the one that nobody else has yet:

moving is not an easy thing to do

choosing where to live isn't an actual thing for most people

gently caress yourself

Dont go to mexico and whinge that there are a lot of straight mexicans in power.
Youre all hypocrites

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Salon: Does Somethingawful.com Have a Racist Moderation Problem? We Won't Come Out and Say It, But We'll Ask the Question in a Way That Implies That They Do

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Tatsuta Age posted:

Apologies, thought you were a mod here

I'm just the new anime mod. If I were an admin though I would have banned nimh on the spot.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I really don't think you've ever dealt with these people.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Matoi Ryuko posted:

:smith:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

greatn posted:

Pence and others fed him lines to say. They'll make bills to open up wildlife and national parks for oil/mining for him to rubber stamp and have him make the EPA worthless and kill any green energy projects. Nothing that's getting out through the next four years is gonna be a Trump brain child. He has no idea how to create bills. His ego will he stroked by the GOP then something will be given to him to sign. The people clamoring for an anti-establishment president have ended up handing the GOP the perfect gift for their establishment whims. There will be some vanity projects of Trump's to placate him for sure but the big ones will all be GOP created for him

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

nimh posted:

Dont go to mexico and whinge that there are a lot of straight mexicans in power.
Youre all hypocrites

ah yes because people choose to be born in a country

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

C2C - 2.0 posted:

They probably feel the exact same way about you. Everyone feels that their beliefs are basically correct, and thanks to modern media, the internet, and decades of ideological think-tanks, anyone can find a factual-sounding piece of "evidence" to support their beliefs if anyone tries to tell them they're wrong. You can't convince them because they've already decided that what they believe is the truth and that anything that contradicts that is fake. That's why conservatives bitch about "scientists", "academics", and "the media" all being liberal - if a scientist determines that something in their conservative beliefs is objectively false, then clearly the scientist is just a tool of the leftist conspiracy, cooking the books and creating fake "truths" to swindle the populace and support the dastardly liberal agenda.

That's why it's so tough to change minds. Challenging them on facts is pointless, because if they haven't already decided they're genuinely open to changing their mind, they'll just dismiss any facts you throw at them, because they already have their own set of "facts" that agrees with them and is therefore more trustworthy than anything you can throw at them.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Trump, in many ways, is probably gonna' be like Bush 2.0

Sure, you'll worry about him holding the office, but it's his cabinet/advisors (along with the House/Senate) that'll really be loving up this country.

As was mentioned last night, he is probably going to appoint a climate change denier as the head of the EPA.

I think he will surpass Bush in loving up diplomacy. But hey, he's loving fat and old so maybe he'll drop dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Fabulous Knight posted:

I'm not from the US, so this probably doesn't mean much, but I was so depressed by the outcome that I had to start looking for some kind of silver lining. One I thought about was how during this campaign I was so scared of Trump winning that I often found myself just hoping Romney had won in 2012 so we wouldn't have to watch this.

That lead me to think that maybe, just maybe through electing "just" Trump, America has dodged electing someone even worse in 2020. If we had got a President Clinton out of this election with a margin of narrowly under or over 300 electoral votes, she would have potentially been in big trouble in four years and potentially against someone just as vile and divisive as Trump, but potentially actually very clever and possibly a "true believer" in everything they say. In European terms, just maybe America elected a Silvio Berlusconi here but avoided electing, you know, Hitler in 2020. At the very least Trump probably said a lot of what he said just to get elected. Absolutely horrifying in how it legitimizes such rhetoric, but at least he probably doesn't believe in much of it. At least America elected someone who was kind of courteous and respectful in his victory speech, not someone who instantly starts spewing about flushing out national traitors or something,

Yeah, that's all I got for now. Probably not much of a relief for everyone terrified for their future right now. I'm from Northern Europe and I'm not terribly excited about what Trump's foreign policy means for Russia's options from here on out :(

Sorry Euro-fam, after seeing Trump's runaway electibility, GOP's next guy is gonna be like Turbo-trump. "Amazing, it turns out our mistake was trying to be subtle about our seething hatred and/or fear people of color, gays, non-Christians, and foreigners! Double down! Double down!" and unless Trump does something to somehow sour an electoral base that's super into conspiracy theories and a fantasy of like the 1950s but there's smartphones, they'll be psyched about the next dude.

"end the war on coal" holy poo poo

• Locked thread