Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xedo
Nov 7, 2011

On a scary morning like this, it's really great to see a thread like this with such supportive people. It makes facing a hard four years a lot easier.

Thanks! We can get through this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Grapplejack posted:

There's no way they don't, FFXV is one of the gayest games I've seen in years.

I mean the game starts with Gladiolus' butt right up there in the front. I'm sure they know their audience

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Class was cancelled, but the library was open and now I face a difficult choice: read books or play games.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Nina posted:

I hope boys kiss in FFXV so I can end the year on a high note

fbi confirms that ff15 is BANNED for SICK FILTH

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

Class was cancelled, but the library was open and now I face a difficult choice: read books or play games.

Visual novels

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Or interactive fiction

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i got my fill of interactive fiction when i voted hillary for president

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

oddium posted:

i got my fill of interactive fiction when i voted hillary for president

good interactive fiction lets you control the ending

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

corn in the bible posted:

fbi confirms that ff15 is BANNED for SICK FILTH

You monster, don't joke about my sweet sweet boy-u band-u.

WE'RE GOING TO GO ON ADVENTURES.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I've got a little extra money so I've decided to buy both Titanfall 2 and Dishonored 2. I really need some escapism right now, for obvious reasons.

Looking forward to shooting some robits.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

PantsBandit posted:

I've got a little extra money so I've decided to buy both Titanfall 2 and Dishonored 2. I really need some escapism right now, for obvious reasons.

Looking forward to shooting some robits.

Trump already Making Murica Great Again by driving consumer purchases!

I have some free time this afternoon and am looking forward to more Witcher 2. One day I will beat this game

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I can't decide if I'm gonna turn my brain off and play Civ VI on moderate difficulty for the rest of the week or replay Shadowrun: Dragonfall and Hong Kong and just dive headfirst into cyberpunk.

corn in the bible posted:

good interactive fiction lets you control the ending

Jesus Christ, that redtext :staredog:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Been playing Anarcute so I'm ready to Smash The State if necessary

NobleSixFour
Jul 12, 2016

Jordan7hm posted:

Trump already Making Murica Great Again by driving consumer purchases!

Remember after 9/11 when Bush basically said if you don't go shopping the terrorists have won?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Assassin's Creed was right

nothing is true, everything is permitted

nothing matters

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Jordan7hm posted:

I have some free time this afternoon and am looking forward to more Witcher 2. One day I will beat this game

then you have to do the completely different story

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

nothing anyone does actually matters because hate, bigotry and fear of the other trumps (ha) everything else

it's all poo poo

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

CJacobs your post made both me and my girlfriend cry. I'm sure that wasn't easy to share but I'm glad you did.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Earth Table your post didn't make me cry but I do really like your avatar so I hope that gives you some hope on this bleak day.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

nothing anyone does actually matters because hate, bigotry and fear of the other trumps (ha) everything else

it's all poo poo

actually what a lot of people did mattered, as they voted for and elected donald trump

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

nothing matters

Gonna social stealth into trump tower and stab a dude

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

nothing matters

This is, in fact, the exact type of situation which that cautionary phrase is meant to warn against.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Wait, things in assassins creed had a point?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Well titanfall 2 is fun but I found out my Xbox live gold trial account is completely blocked from multiplayer. I had nothing better to do this early morning so I spent an hour with tech support and they supposedly can't do anything to fix it on their end and they'll email me "when there's an update", aka go gently caress yourself.

I thought Sony was supposed have the shutter account system, how is Microsoft screwing something up they've had running for a decade?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Nina posted:

I hope boys kiss in FFXV so I can end the year on a high note

I'm sure there's already about a dozen of yaoi manga about the subject.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Ezio Auditore posted:

To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Rexroom posted:

I'm sure there's already about a dozen of yaoi manga about the subject.

But yaoi is bad and doesn't have realistic skin textures on my anime boys

RalphTheWonderLlama
Jan 23, 2006

Baseball is serious business.
This is really dumb but I've been tooling around the forums for 30 minutes and I can't figure it out. I haven't been active in a few years. I used to play CoD on the 360 with a pile of goons mainly based out of the IRC channels. I don't see any threads like that anymore. Is there still a community for stuff like this? I just got back into shooters and I want to play BF1 with actual teammates. I always preferred the goon route to joining some bullshit guild.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Today I'd rather just go back to the complacency bubble I was in before the last few months then, even if that runs counter to today's lesson

It's easier and I contemplated suicide a lot less

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

RalphTheWonderLlama posted:

This is really dumb but I've been tooling around the forums for 30 minutes and I can't figure it out. I haven't been active in a few years. I used to play CoD on the 360 with a pile of goons mainly based out of the IRC channels. I don't see any threads like that anymore. Is there still a community for stuff like this? I just got back into shooters and I want to play BF1 with actual teammates. I always preferred the goon route to joining some bullshit guild.

Check the BF1 thread. I don't know (and am too lazy to go look) but I'd guess they have a discord channel or something going. Should be in the op.

RalphTheWonderLlama
Jan 23, 2006

Baseball is serious business.

PantsBandit posted:

Check the BF1 thread. I don't know (and am too lazy to go look) but I'd guess they have a discord channel or something going. Should be in the op.

Yeah I forgot to mention I saw that was PC only and I'm not cool enough for the master race. I'll give it a shot anyhow, thanks.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/796426251040792576

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Coincidentally also the pick-me-up line that Sauron uses.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

How many of y'all are playing Titanfall 2 on the Bone. I'm looking for some friends to play with :unsmith:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

I finished my Bloodborne stream and this is the news I come back to! I said it on twitter but I'll say it here too, I agree with FirstAidKite. Things may look dire, but we'll all be okay. It's a dark time, but I've seen darker. I've seen probably the darkest thing a person can experience*, and it's not fun. But it's worse than this, and I survived it. If I survived, you can too! We'll all survive it together.

*real personal stuff when I was 16 I tried to kill myself and I almost succeeded! My teenage years were very grim for my family life and I was bullied real bad in high school for being skinny and gay. I've come to terms with my decision now though, and I've mostly moved past it. I will never forget the pitch blackness I saw and felt, it's honestly probably the scariest thing I've ever experienced. So now, in the face of crazy batshit adversity like Trump, I say nuts to it. I'm not afraid.

My wife and I actually fell asleep to the soothing sounds of your stream. Thanks forums buddy. Today, we are all shitposters.

I'm going to play Mafia 3 and see if I can find some white supremacists to shotgun in the face.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Skeezy posted:

How many of y'all are playing Titanfall 2 on the Bone. I'm looking for some friends to play with :unsmith:

I'll play with ya as soon as I get my account working

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Here's the video. Please take care of yourself. (TW depression/suicide chat).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dOtHyZbNk4

I ramble a lot in the vid but I told myself I wouldn't edit it in any way to really get across the emotion & feeling in my way of speaking. Hopefully that paid off, I know the video is long because I pause a lot. I'm opening myself up to you as much as I can, please be kind!

You're an ok guy in my book, CJacobs

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

I didn't know that when people in games were referencing Assassin's Creed when they'd say that since I never played those. I knew the phrase from mysticism and chaos magick and stuff like that.

And yeah, that's the general meaning. We are the masters of our destinies.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

MinibarMatchman posted:

You're an ok guy in my book, CJacobs

Thanks buddy. :hfive:

NobleSixFour posted:

Just wanted to thank you, CJacobs, for sharing what you did. I know it wasn't easy to open up on that, but I promise you it's helping.

I'm glad. That's all I was hoping for! :)

Earth Table posted:

CJacobs your post made both me and my girlfriend cry. I'm sure that wasn't easy to share but I'm glad you did.

Well, I hope it was a reassuring cry, like a "phew" cry. I'm a weakboy so I tear up at things like cute as poo poo puppies and the intro to Up, but overall crying is good, it's a ~release of emotion~. So if you're crying, it means you still care.

precision posted:

My wife and I actually fell asleep to the soothing sounds of your stream. Thanks forums buddy. Today, we are all shitposters.

I'm going to play Mafia 3 and see if I can find some white supremacists to shotgun in the face.

You're welcome! I am excited to welcome in this new age of shitposting about video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Wamdoodle posted:

:yeah:

Go on Videogames, make your speech.

My dearest Humans.

While I'm not an American, and as such held no sway over the presidential vote, I am still one of you. I still feel surprise, shock, sadness and incredulity at the events that have occurred before us today. I do not hate, however, and I do not feel anger. I feel a sense of strength building. I feel a sense of ideology for a better and brighter future growing within.

These next years will not be easy for many innocent folks and they will be fraught with times so trying that you may wish to give up. I implore you not to. I implore that you group together. That you stand side by side and combat that which seeks to tear you down. You are better than you have ever been and you are more hopeful inside than you believe you can possibly feel right now, but I assure you it is there.

Sometimes bad things happen but there will always be someone to stand with you, to hold you up high alongside them and make it through the fog. Hope is pure and cannot be removed. Nothing lasts forever in this world.

No matter what happens you have friends, you have like minded humans with you and not just in your country. There are those in the world who wish to be your pillars when you are feeling like collapse.

If no one else, I will be that pillar and I will help you through these bad times. It will pass and it will get better.

This, I promise.

• Locked thread