Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

LawfulWaffle posted:

2016 Democratic Autopsy: Be more racist?

sadly thats what they are probably going to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Shouldn't have trusted the polls. I went out, everyone in the thread was supremely confident, came back not two hours later to despair lol.

I'm a college dropout on disability and the job I had was temporary and just ended. So I don't have a career or much of anything in the bank. Maybe I could go into nursing or hospitality just in case.

But I'm not that concerned. It's whatever. I got on disability at the end of the Bush administration anyway

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Schnorkles posted:

supporting HRC, at least for me, was always about the supreme court if we could get to 50 seats in the senate.

because my god was 2018 going to be a legislative annihilation

Yeah I guess my point is provided Trump doesn't nuke Peru over a tweet or something it might not be the end of the world as long the left can ditch Clinton bs and be an actual angry assertive left-wing party.

I don't trust that to happen though because the Left in this country has proven itself to be a bunch of handwringing morons who won't learn anything.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

docbeard posted:

This. This is some serious bullshit. I don't care how little you think of Hillary Clinton as a candidate, how the gently caress did we let this happen?

Because Hillary Clinton was a bad candidate that did not appeal to voters. Proof:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

LmaoTheKid posted:

Nah, I'm putting this on PA now. Garbage rear end state.

There is a reason r/FloridaMan is a thing and it isn't a good one.

I think the big take away in the history books from this election will be "nothing matter if you win." Of course, this will be a Trump brand history book, the only ones allowed in schools.

A part of me hopes he really goes crazy and puts a brand on the white house and insane poo poo like that. I want to see his approval ratings be 90% when unemployment jumps to 70% and more than 30 million are dead from meth and heroine in the rust belt. I want to see people cheer his name as we announce surrender to the Russians and give up land as a concession.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

docbeard posted:

This. This is some serious bullshit. I don't care how little you think of Hillary Clinton as a candidate, how the gently caress did we let this happen?

The DNC let it happen by allowing her to achieve her 'it's my turn'

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

we need more michael moores and less Bill Mahers

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

gently caress Pennsylvania though for real

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

LawfulWaffle posted:

2016 Democratic Autopsy: Be more racist?

if that's your takeaway from this then there's a reason why the dnc failed spectacularly this go around

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
Bigotry's gotten pretty loving emboldened by Trump's victory, so to deny it had any contribution seems as myopic as asserting it was the only contribution. I'm beginning to get the sense that President Trump is the child of a marriage of populism and racism as distinct entities, and trying to analyze the aftermath through only one lens is going to miss the boat one way or another.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Will there ever be laughter agai. N

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Idiot Fascism is neoliberalism in decay

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Covok posted:

I think the big take away in the history books from this election will be "nothing matter if you win." Of course, this will be a Trump brand history book, the only ones allowed in schools.

A part of me hopes he really goes crazy and puts a brand on the white house and insane poo poo like that. I want to see his approval ratings be 90% when unemployment jumps to 70% and more than 30 million are dead from meth and heroine in the rust belt. I want to see people cheer his name as we announce surrender to the Russians and give up land as a concession.

They'll turn on him when #MAGA doesn't happen in 100 days

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

euphronius posted:

i'm laffin

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Shark Sandwich posted:

Yeah I guess my point is provided Trump doesn't nuke Peru over a tweet or something it might not be the end of the world as long the left can ditch Clinton bs and be an actual angry assertive left-wing party.

I don't trust that to happen though because the Left in this country has proven itself to be a bunch of handwringing morons who won't learn anything.

this is all benefits of hindsight, but i'm sort of feeling like the 2010 and 2014 waves have placed dems in a situation where we didn't really have a good option with a presidential win this year.

of course i'm not sure if its worth ceding the presidency and the supreme court either so we were basically screwed regardless.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
So, any real odds of race riots?

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

Covok posted:

Alaska is rightfuly Russian

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Idiot Fascism is neoliberalism in decay

What's old is new again

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i seriously dont understand how she is the wife of Bill Clinton, whose finest moment in politics is owning Bush Sr. in this exchange

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ffbFvKlWqE

Just watched this, and wow, Bush Sr loving sucked, and early-90s Bill ruled

What happened to him, every time he's spoken in public this year it was cringey af

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Top City Homo posted:

this is the time to really own women

really rub it in that they are stupid bitches

that's the lesson here

:sad: but true

im ok with this

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Covok posted:

pardon for going "well, actually" here, but actually it's because Florida has surprisingly open records requests laws. It's easy to get police reports there, and combine it with a high population, you get a lot of weird poo poo coming out of it. I'm sure NY or Texas has a lot of weird stuff in it, but more restrictive record request laws, which is why we don't hear about it.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
also i just want to say that i like basically all of you and think there are a lot of good points itt.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Even Jeffrey Lord has no words for how hosed up things could get because of his candidate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA9aSvHzEIU

Next-Gen
Sep 22, 2004

Ted Nugent is the next generation in Joint Combat soldiers

oh man this post mortem finger pointing is gettin pretty good

it just seems like the only real evidence of the outcome was people got really depressed about the state of the election that they did not bother on one side

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

euphronius posted:

I can't stop laughing

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Pick posted:

zero, because the whites won

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Pick posted:

No. Minorities voted for Trump more than they voted for Romney - why would they riot?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

iospace posted:

Yeah, pretty much they're going to go "Oh, your state law says weed is legal? Sorry, federal law trumps :haw: it~."

But the republicans are all about smaller government and less oversight, they wouldn't strip away the rights of the individual with a federal measure even if they personally thought the individual's rights were immoral. Right? Republicans still claim they are for less government control, right?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

bigotry is what got trump to the general election but clinton's failures are what got him to win it

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Johnny Joestar posted:

i like how clinton did worse than obama with groups of people who are being labeled as blind racists yet obama is a black dude named 'barack hussein obama' and got elected twice

The point of labeling them racists isn't entirely that they are racist. The point of labeling them racist is to make the un people, that way we don't have to feel bad about screwing over their communities to make coastal cities richer, because they are bad people and thus it's OK to hurt them, because they deserve it. It's OK that banks destroyed their communities. Because they are racist, and Goldman Sachs funds liberals in big liberal cities and is full of well educated social liberals, and Goldman Sachs is a partner of the Human Rights Campaign and really came through for gay marriage. Plus, criticizing bankers is racist, because what you actually doing is criticizing jews because you are a racist.

If you don't realize that this has been the entire point of liberalism and the democratic party since the 90's, you haven't been paying attention.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Someone explain to me why there aren't recounts happening? The margin in some states is absurdly close.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

resar posted:

I can't stop laughing

i cant tell where the laughter ends and the crying begins

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

mastershakeman posted:

zero, because the whites won

Not today, I mean in like three years.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Does anyone have a good breakdown on how not having third party candidates would have helped trump or Hillary?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Shark Sandwich posted:

They'll turn on him when #MAGA doesn't happen in 100 days

looool

Do you really think that? You are too naïve. These people will be at his funeral crying that he can't run a third term. These people will name their children after him. These people will vote for him even as they hear reports of him torturting children to death in gitmo.

This isn't a reasonable group of policy driven people, this is a mob of angry idioits who wanted to take down a system that forgot them by making a system that malovent towards them.

Look at the Philipines. They have a President Trump and they love him. This isn't changing.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
centrism bad

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Schnorkles posted:

also i just want to say that i like basically all of you and think there are a lot of good points itt.

hey!!!

well same to you too buddy!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Concordat posted:

Someone explain to me why there aren't recounts happening? The margin in some states is absurdly close.

Too tired

He won

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Does anyone have a good breakdown on how not having third party candidates would have helped trump or Hillary?

Hillary lost on her own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
This is my hometown of Louisville at University of Louisville.

• Locked thread