Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Can democrats also get some newspapers and tv channels and webpages that are popular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

euphronius posted:

Will there ever be laughter agai. N
Not for awhile. This is one hell of a kick in the balls.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Idiot Fascism is neoliberalism in decay

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Meanwhile, in silver lining land:
https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/796394833539637248

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i felt i made some nice posts, in particular the "the stone head of Kek has made fools of us all" one

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
So does the whole Trump TV thing get scrapped or are we going to get America's RT in a year or two?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Does anyone have a good breakdown on how not having third party candidates would have helped trump or Hillary?

the consensus is that third parties actually helped hilary, there were some states she won where gary johnson won more votes than the difference between her and trump

if all those people really would've voted trump in a world w/o third parties is anyone guess but it's still a loving dire look for clinton

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Schnorkles posted:

this is all benefits of hindsight, but i'm sort of feeling like the 2010 and 2014 waves have placed dems in a situation where we didn't really have a good option with a presidential win this year.

of course i'm not sure if its worth ceding the presidency and the supreme court either so we were basically screwed regardless.

Oh yeah we're screwed but I feel like most of the screwing got moved from 2020 to 2016.

The main thing that scares me is that Trump just listens to what his advisers say and parrots it. If they were inline with the milquetoast centrist image he projected in NYC I wouldn't be nearly as scared.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

C-Euro posted:

So does the whole Trump TV thing get scrapped or are we going to get America's RT in a year or two?

Believe it or not, I think even Trump feels being the President and running a new channel is a bit much.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I got to keep Rick Nolan as my congressman. Of course his opponent is a rich douchebag with no job so he might be back in two years.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

euphronius posted:

Can democrats also get some newspapers and tv channels and webpages that are popular

nah let's keep up the NPR style of ineffectual bullshit where journos would rather hammer themselves in the balls instead of drawing a loving conclusion or making a moral stand

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Tiler Kiwi posted:

centrism bad

The DNC have got the message, and will now be a firmly right wing party.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/rcallimachi/status/796434831064367110

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

Do we have to fight when we can all agree that the republicans are the ones who started this whole thing

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Mike the TV posted:

2008: a campaign about change wins the presidency
2012: a campaign about change wins the presidency

uhhh

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Rukmini is a pro follow for ISIS-related stuff, just for all yall's information

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Schnorkles posted:

also i just want to say that i like basically all of you and think there are a lot of good points itt.

You should know that I followed that Trump thread all the way through and when I had to skip large swaths of posts, the only thing I made sure to catch up on was yours.

As someone with a (underutilized) quant background, I learned a poo poo ton about all things polls this time around. Thanks for sharing your time :cheers:

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Tiler Kiwi posted:

slay queen, yaaas, *dumb gif*, drumph, abulea, etc etc etc

I'll miss the Trump thread but that was a different time. I am glad it got closed before the :fuckoff: started.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Shark Sandwich posted:

Oh yeah we're screwed but I feel like most of the screwing got moved from 2020 to 2016.

The main thing that scares me is that Trump just listens to what his advisers say and parrots it. If they were inline with the milquetoast centrist image he projected in NYC I wouldn't be nearly as scared.

i literally have no idea what president trump is going to be like as a president and i don't think anyone else does either.

probably bad though!

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

GobiasIndustries posted:

Even Jeffrey Lord has no words for how hosed up things could get because of his candidate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA9aSvHzEIU

those are some top shelf comments under that video. I remember when I thought yt comments were sort of a "place" that only a tiny minority of lovely people went to disseminate their poo poo. No, turns out we live in a 3000 mile wide youtube comments section.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Shark Sandwich posted:

They'll turn on him when #MAGA doesn't happen in 100 days

But it will happen. Obama invited illegals across the border, and now there's hundreds of miles of wall along that border. The inner cities were war zones under Obama. Murders were at an all time high. Now look at the statistics under Trump. There was 11 million illegals in the country, and now there are only 3 million (and dropping) under Trump.

Taking credit for things other people have done, or just claiming responsibility for a general state of order is something Trump will 100% do. If something is bad, he will blame someone else. He's put out enough false information that he can now cite factual information and claim credit for the difference.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Obama's '12 campaign was more than just "i've done good things". The overarcing narrative was that Change was not finished, and that it was not time to cede to the republicans once more.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
I'm both comforted and scared by the fact that Trump will be an unequivocally really lovely president.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Fireside Nut posted:

You should know that I followed that Trump thread all the way through and when I had to skip large swaths of posts, the only thing I made sure to catch up on was yours.

As someone with a (underutilized) quant background, I learned a poo poo ton about all things polls this time around. Thanks for sharing your time :cheers:

very welcome friend!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

MysteriousStranger posted:

The point of labeling them racists isn't entirely that they are racist. The point of labeling them racist is to make the un people, that way we don't have to feel bad about screwing over their communities to make coastal cities richer, because they are bad people and thus it's OK to hurt them, because they deserve it. It's OK that banks destroyed their communities. Because they are racist, and Goldman Sachs funds liberals in big liberal cities and is full of well educated social liberals, and Goldman Sachs is a partner of the Human Rights Campaign and really came through for gay marriage. Plus, criticizing bankers is racist, because what you actually doing is criticizing jews because you are a racist.

If you don't realize that this has been the entire point of liberalism and the democratic party since the 90's, you haven't been paying attention.

oh hey a good post

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Schnorkles posted:

i literally have no idea what president trump is going to be like as a president and i don't think anyone else does either.

corruption, nepotism, kleptomania and rape of the environment

they just haven't figured out in which order to do them

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Casimir Radon posted:

Not for awhile. This is one hell of a kick in the balls.

I've been laughing since last night

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Silver lining - Donna Brazille is likely to lose her job at the DNC and likely won't have a chance to get hired in a media organization again given the taint of her name. And DWS's career growth is almost certainly over.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hot take:

Multiple people and institutions are to blame in varying amounts for reasons that will become clear over time .

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Schnorkles posted:

probably bad though!

Eh, I think we have a pretty good idea after seeing Trump evolve from announcement to victory. He will basically be be President Mitch McConnell + Wall. Chances are he doesn't get the wall in the first term, and maybe gets a fence in the second term.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

MysteriousStranger posted:

The point of labeling them racists isn't entirely that they are racist. The point of labeling them racist is to make the un people, that way we don't have to feel bad about screwing over their communities to make coastal cities richer, because they are bad people and thus it's OK to hurt them, because they deserve it. It's OK that banks destroyed their communities. Because they are racist, and Goldman Sachs funds liberals in big liberal cities and is full of well educated social liberals, and Goldman Sachs is a partner of the Human Rights Campaign and really came through for gay marriage. Plus, criticizing bankers is racist, because what you actually doing is criticizing jews because you are a racist.

If you don't realize that this has been the entire point of liberalism and the democratic party since the 90's, you haven't been paying attention.

let me know when Trump didn't use building a giant wall, wanting mass deportations, and the banning of all muslims as the cornerstone of his campaign. Let me know when the KKK didn't just see this as a vindication of their movement and beliefs. Let me know when people who voted for Trump didn't know all these things.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Does anyone have a good breakdown on how not having third party candidates would have helped trump or Hillary?
I flushed it down the toilet this morning

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Godinster posted:

Silver lining - Donna Brazille is likely to lose her job at the DNC and likely won't have a chance to get hired in a media organization again given the taint of her name. And DWS's career growth is almost certainly over.

Counterpoint: Katrina Pierson

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Fast Luck posted:

During the primaries, every poll showed Bernie doing much better against Trump than Clinton.

The polls that have proven to be poo poo just last night.

Regardless who the candidate would have been, the Democrats need to work on fixing one issue first and foremost: Voter suppression. The people in WI that couldn't vote for Clinton wouldn't have been able to vote for Sanders either. Same with the removed EV voting stations in black districts in NC. Which maybe had a bit of a negative impact considering the severely lower turnout in both states.

"Clinton was the worst candidate to ever run" - maybe, but she still managed to get the popular vote and lose in many swing state with a really, really small margin. Talking like the Democrats just got voted out with 1/3 of the votes they got last time around seems a bit weak-kneed. The Democrats just barely lost, their message overall can't have been that wrong like it is made out to be here, even if the messenger had too much baggage in the end.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Is Wonder Woman still coming out?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

MrWilderheap posted:

Do we have to fight when we can all agree that the republicans are the ones who started this whole thing

Look, we can't stand up to the Republicans until we thoroughly murder each other for slight differences of opinion first!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight
My one hope is we take a serious snap back in 4 years, unemployment will almost certainly start rising under Trump, he is not going to be able to bring back factory jobs to the rustbelt, he isn't going to be able to build the wall.

What we will get is tax cuts on the rich, rising income inequality, 10s of millions of people losing health insurance, the Trump administration is going to be bad for the working class, they are just another group of people conned by Trump.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
It begins. Republicans are going to go for broke.

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/796441333007319040

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

lorn Wayne posted:

Counterpoint: Katrina Pierson

MVP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

TyrantWD posted:

Eh, I think we have a pretty good idea after seeing Trump evolve from announcement to victory. He will basically be be President Mitch McConnell + Wall. Chances are he doesn't get the wall in the first term, and maybe gets a fence in the second term.

If Trump is just bog-standard institutional republican and his administration is just a complicated dance between Pence, McConnell, and Ryan then that's really lovely, but probably not existentially threatening.

I think there's realistically the chance that he does his own thing which is mildly terrifying.

• Locked thread