Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

They're going to replace Obamacare with a very good plan. The best healthcare plan anyone has any seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Was thinking of starting a small business next year but it would be the sort of thing that requires me to quit my job because it'll be a 90 hour a week type thing to get it going. Figured I can afford an expensive obamacare plan for little while. Now, no fuckin way. I can't afford to quit my job based on healthcare benefits alone.

My poor deluded buddy last night was like "We'll get Singapore's system it won't be that bad!" Lol if he thinks there's going to be any system other than "Here's 5000 dollars try not to ever need more than that"

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

On the plus side, there will be less Trump voters in 2020.

Man, it's fun being the detached cynic.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
My Libertarian friend got like 40 shares and hundreds of likes on Facebook with an essay before the election about how both sides are going to have to tone it down after the election and learn to be bigger people who can build bridges to one another.

And then Trump won, and today's he's posting a nonstop stream of ":derp:We're so loving hosed, what the gently caress is wrong with you people holy poo poo:derp:"

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Just because gloating is easier than accepting how hard our representative failed, I should point out that I and many other posters pointed out how bad the russia conspiracies were as a line of attack....waaaaay back in the primary.

Literally trying to Red Scare democrats into voting, or for macho supporters to not vote for Friend of Putin, or for independents to suddenly gain the urge to make tinfoil hats.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vladimir Putin posted:

That's not going to work. What about coverage networks? How's an insurance company that regularly serves California going to know what doctors are practicing in Texas let alone magically have them in their network of providers?

It just means race to the bottom for oversight and regulation

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEdVDWC1lg0

me all day today

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Brother Entropy posted:

but would his supporters have been susceptible to believing in any words that came out of a democrat's mouth in the first place

like the dems definitely should've tried that more but it's hard not to be skeptical that we still wouldn't have gotten the same outcome

maybe maybe not but anything is better than one party having a monopoly on paying lip service to their interests and being able to fill their heads with all the dangerous propaganda they want.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Jose posted:

he looks bored lol

He was ready to spend the next several months challenging the legitimacy of the election, now his calendar is completely cleared. He's probably thinking about boobs.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Covok posted:

Considering the government seriously responded to the Death Star bill, will Trump suspend congress after its completion citing that the regional governors and fear of this staton will be enough to keep people in line?

God I hope I get one of those cool backwards pointing helmets.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Vladimir Putin posted:

That's not going to work. What about coverage networks? How's an insurance company that regularly serves California going to know what doctors are practicing in Texas let alone magically have them in their network of providers?

You are thinking way too hard about this.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Three Olives posted:

It will be interesting to see how or if the rust belt and coal country react if they realize they were conned by Trump and he can do nothing about their jobs which will continue to decline.

It will depend on how Trump lays it. If he does nothing to help them but makes them feel like he cares, then they may give him a shot at a second term.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Someone with a wife and daughter told me today he thought his health insurance cost was going to go down and it was hard not to laugh in his loving dumb face.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/266038556504494082

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

i love all this 2020 fanfiction in this thread. i really need to keep what was apparently a months long delusion that has been entirely fueled by reading cspam going as long as possible. I will catch that pink dragon

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Covok posted:

On the plus side, there will be less Trump voters in 2020.

Man, it's fun being the detached cynic.

I wonder how many people said "gently caress IT" and went full acceleration now because of last night.

I know I did to a point.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yeah Trump definitely felt bad for the guy and wasn't trying to siphon Bernouts to come vote for him as the ~outersider~ in the election or anything.

AH YES i was being entirely serious, well done.

now i actually loving hope he does offer him a cabinet position and bern accepts.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Fiction posted:

If the Rs piss off their already flailing base by completely cratering the economy they will get voted out of government. You can't gerrymander food into peoples' mouths, and there's still a lot of red tape left in the way of instituting dictatorship.

haha you haven't being paying attention have you

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Why does Trump look like someone told him his dog just died? :stare:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Gonna need a list of this because I don't think you understand how Trump works, in that if he gets things he wants he'll sign off on whatever poo poo the GOP sends him.

If Trump doesn't use the office to enrich himself like an oligarch I'll be stunned. A few billion on contracts here, a few billion on contracts there, with some grease for the GOP's wheels, and Trump will leave office richer than he's ever claimed to be.

Yeah Trump definitely felt bad for the guy and wasn't trying to siphon Bernouts to come vote for him as the ~outersider~ in the election or anything.

There is a high probability that Trump does something very illegal as well.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Evil Fluffy posted:

because he doesn't actually wanna be president and now realize he actually has to put work into this whole thing

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

but would his supporters have been susceptible to believing in any words that came out of a democrat's mouth in the first place

like the dems definitely should've tried that more but it's hard not to be skeptical that we still wouldn't have gotten the same outcome

Difficulty peeling supporters would be a good argument....before last night, where Hillary got half of Obama's coalition.

At that point it's not about attracting opposing voters, its about proving to your own base that you are not a wet fart.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

gently caress

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Augus posted:

maybe maybe not but anything is better than one party having a monopoly on paying lip service to their interests and being able to fill their heads with all the dangerous propaganda they want.

yeah that's probably true

it's just hard not to be pessimistic about the american voting public on today of all days

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

C-SPAN Caller posted:

It loving sucks because they have no coverage options and are forced to pay Obama a fine despite the system failing them to give them options they can afford. It's a poor tax and they all hate it and would rather have Medicare or Medicaid if anything.

Like, is this distinct from the Medicaid expansion that the federal government offered to pay for but which was still up to the government of each state to implement? Or is that the joke

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy posted:

Life comes at you fast

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Likely an empty threat like anybody who says they are leaving the country, but I want to look into teaching English in Korea. The pay is good and at least they get upset when they find out their leader is an insane person.

I mean, college financial aid is probably going to be ended or severely cut. Considering universities have to increasingly rely on tuition because states are cutting their budgets, and getting rid of tenure because it's a breeding ground for liberal ideology, higher learning is dead. So, good thing I'm a grad student. I could take my master's and go teach high school, like that is going to fare much better. It's already in lovely shape.

Also lol because the person I'm marrying in a year is an NPR reporter, which is going to be one of the biggest targets for Trump's attack on a free press. Combined with my reliance on asthma and brain meds, I am, how do they say, "arzying"?

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice
i feel like, on earth prime, bernie started grooming julian castro to run back in 2012 and it was an electoral blowout so severe that trump turned into a corn cob

i hope bernie does that. pick someone reasonably young and start prepping them for 2020.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Plus rainn gets ten bucks and you all get my poo poo posting.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Frankly, I think he planned on just letting this happen and doing the TrumpTV thing. Now, he has to be President and I think that all sunk in there: he has to do a lot of work now.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Evil Fluffy posted:

Thinking about the next 4 years and how he's not going to be able to sleep in his bed. :(

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

mastershakeman posted:

going from thinking that the Republican party is dead and needs to reform and rebrand, to thinking the same about the Democratic party, in a span of six hours, is incredible and im so glad that this election went this way

I am similarly still floored by this whiplash

Actually I think the GOP is still gonna need to restructure eventually (soon?) it's just that they got a big shot of Trump Brand Populism Juice in the arm and they were facing a group of overconfident idiots who also need to restructure

hmmm both parties are poo poo

not the same, but both poo poo

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

lorn Wayne posted:

[birth-of-a-supervillain.jpg]

i mean jeez he really did get the last laugh.

black president: *roasts fat white man*

bullied white man reaches into backpack, entire nation dives behind walls

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

tadashi posted:

Someone with a wife and daughter told me today he thought his health insurance cost was going to go down and it was hard not to laugh in his loving dumb face.

How is he covered, through his employer? If he is then he shouldn't see a change. If he's in the exchanges then it's a roulette wheel since the exchanges will likely go away and I don't know what's going to be there to replace them.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
is trump still allowed to make his own tv news network?

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Evil Fluffy posted:

He never wanted to be president. He doesn't want to leave NYC. He wanted to win a popularity contest.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

tadashi posted:

this will actually matter.

republicans haven't been the governing party for more than 10 years. The last time they were, it didn't go so great.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Covok posted:

Frankly, I think he planned on just letting this happen and doing the TrumpTV thing. Now, he has to be President and I think that all sunk in there: he has to do a lot of work now.

No he doesn't.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jose posted:

is trump still allowed to make his own tv news network?

Sure why not ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Evil Fluffy posted:

Remember at the end of Aladdin when Aladdin tricked Jafar into wishing that he was an all powerful genie and then those golden cuffs came out of nowhere

• Locked thread