Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Radish posted:

a lot of people, both here and abroad, are probably going to die which is beyond terrible. :smith:

Like they weren't under Obama? And would have under Clinton?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Ornamented Death posted:

Lindsay Graham, for example, has already stated that he'll work with Trump, but that mass deportations are a non-starter for him.

He better, as he's already on Trump's enemies list.

I'm not joking.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Theoretically anything is possible at this point. This could actually lead to higher taxes on certain rich people as Trump uses his position to gently caress over his enemies, he could pass liberal social policy because randos from that group are friends of his or he wants to impress them, he could undo Republican policy with Executive Orders because his handlers get distracted and he doesn't understand the ramifications of what he is doing.....that's the issue with giving an unpredictable person power. They are unpredictable. In all probability this will be a Republican Nightmare from which the world will pray to be released in 4 years, but it's also possible in some ways he could make it a nightmare for Republicans too. It's that uncertainty which is going to hurt our economy most on the world stage [You can't bet on America when you have no idea what America will do from moment to moment], but the flip side is that at least *nobody* is truly safe in Trump's America.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

BarbarianElephant posted:

What, assassinate journalists until they are so scared they print whatever he wants?

Nah, probably just be accountable instead of entirely corrupt and in the tank for one side.

Looking at you CNN

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Well his statements regarding libel are indicative that he'll pull a sedition act out of his hat.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

oswald ownenstein posted:

Nah, probably just be accountable instead of entirely corrupt and in the tank for one side.

Looking at you CNN

It was irresponsible of any news outlet to ever give Trump a platform spread his hateful poo poo.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

fadam posted:

I think the people who need psychiatric help are the people in this thread who are literally suicidal because Hillary lost bud.

Do you understand that a lot of vulnerable elements of society have been endangered by this election result?

People who aren't comfortably middle class white males don't get to just lulz at this. This is an actual existential threat for many people.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Mulva posted:

Theoretically anything is possible at this point. This could actually lead to higher taxes on certain rich people as Trump uses his position to gently caress over his enemies, he could pass liberal social policy because randos from that group are friends of his or he wants to impress them, he could undo Republican policy with Executive Orders because his handlers get distracted and he doesn't understand the ramifications of what he is doing.....that's the issue with giving an unpredictable person power. They are unpredictable. In all probability this will be a Republican Nightmare from which the world will pray to be released in 4 years, but it's also possible in some ways he could make it a nightmare for Republicans too. It's that uncertainty which is going to hurt our economy most on the world stage [You can't bet on America when you have no idea what America will do from moment to moment], but the flip side is that at least *nobody* is truly safe in Trump's America.

Trump supposedly internalizes and parrots the most recent thing he's heard from someone else he works with.

Paul Ryan will be in the Oval Office every day.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Hollismason posted:

Well his statements regarding libel are indicative that he'll pull a sedition act out of his hat.

If he does, I bet his deplorables will be all on it because "it's a sure fire way to stop all this needless divisiveness! even if you don't respect the man, you should respect the office (which means respecting the man)!"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
In one year the media my actually be to frightened to say anything about him. He hates reporters and pushed that hard so yeah he is going to keep that and his Daughter will probably position herself to run in 8 years.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

OWLS! posted:

We already have a wall, don't we? Well it's more of a chain link fence, but that's close enough, right?

John Oliver had an episode about THE WALL and some of the wall we already have. The gov even took some land from REAL MERICAN to build it.

IIRC, those people seem ambivalent, they say it's useless and an eyesore, but they're probably still like the idea but not the reality of it. FYGM/NIMBY , so what if I live right on the boarder, don't use mah land!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Pakled posted:

Hell, I barely even care about the wall at this point. The rhetoric behind the wall has always been more damaging than the actual wall could possibly be. Stripped of that, at worst, it's a Keynesian boondoggle whose funds would be more efficiently applied to an actual infrastructure project.

I called it a useless Keynesian boondoggle, in those words, first. :colbert:

Although I think you helped defend my narrow position on the topic? So :3:

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Ice Phisherman posted:

In closing the Left can push back. In fact if Hillary was for tariffs on trade and pulling away completely from the TPP she probably would've won even if she was full of poo poo. She won the popular vote after all, but she counted too much on the rust belt. It's the economy, stupid. The democrats are going to have to clean some rust off that rust belt. We have to take care of our own before we can push our social issues again. We can't just expect these people to vote D reliably anymore. We actually have to solve their problems.

This part makes no sense because you cannot help people who do not vote for you, period. If the person they vote for is the guy who promises to bring back the good old days when racial discrimination of jobs and services was normal, so white people could literally walk in and get a job due to not having to compete with literally any one else, you cannot beat that. Period. Even if that dude is a liar, you should never underestimate the power of racial hatred combined with hope.

It's a bunch of medicore white people that long for the days when being that was enough. Period. If their only skill is knowing how to put part A into slot B for 8 hours a day, they were going to be hosed, and the only people to blame is themselves and their poo poo decisions in cutting education because they wanted to make sure no brown or black person benefitted from it.

Quadrapellegiance posted:

I agree with this post. This will end up becoming a comedy goldmine over the next four years, and I cannot wait.

I'm glad you think the suffering and death of minorities is "humorous" to you.

You're a garbage person.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

If he does, I bet his deplorables will be all on it because "it's a sure fire way to stop all this needless divisiveness! even if you don't respect the man, you should respect the office (which means respecting the man)!"

Most certainly. This is what nationalism and populism leads to.

We are totally hosed.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Mulva posted:

Yeah I suspect the fact that the GOP couldn't control him during the election is not going to be able to control him now.

OWLS! posted:

With a bit of luck we won't have a GOP in the next 30 years. (shutup, I can dream)

Well we might want to do some regulation on sociopathic thought if we have a 1861.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So what am I missing from this list of things unified Republican Government is going to work on toot sweet?

• Gutting Social Security
  • Gutting Medicare
  • Block Grant Medicaid
  • gently caress the EPA
  • Refuse to do anything other than accelerate voter suppression efforts
  • Dismantle as much of HHS as possible
  • Refuse to fund anything having to do with Global Warming research
  • Stack the Federal bench with all the worst examples of 5th Circuit tomfoolery
  • Roll back as many Gay Rights as possible
  • Refuse to use the Justice Department to investigate police departments
  • Rip up the Paris Agreement
  • Defund Education as much as possible
  • Repeal and definitely not replace the ACA
  • Jack up student loan rates
  • Austerity out the rear end
  • Cut Food Stamps
  • Fight State legalization of Marijuana
  • So many tax cuts
  • Douse the Military Industrial Complex in cash like they're making it rain at a strip club
  • Selling off Federal land and assets to enrich themselves and their friends
  • Reneg on the Iran Deal
  • Draconian Immigration reform
  • Ok just all the pipelines, and pre-clear any not already proposed
  • Further reneg on agreements with Reservations

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

Pakled posted:

It was irresponsible of any news outlet to ever give Trump a platform spread his hateful poo poo.

It's inexcusably stupid to post this, let alone believe it.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Gyges posted:

So what am I missing from this list of things unified Republican Government is going to work on toot sweet?

• Gutting Medicare
  • Block Grant Medicaid
  • gently caress the EPA
  • Cut Food Stamps
  • So many tax cuts
  • Douse the Military Industrial Complex in cash like they're making it rain at a strip club
  • Reneg on the Iran Deal

You forgot "reinstate literal torture"
https://twitter.com/vplus/status/796478171495460864

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Gyges posted:

• Gutting Medicare
  • Block Grant Medicaid
  • gently caress the EPA
  • Cut Food Stamps
  • So many tax cuts
  • Reneg on the Iran Deal

Defund the UN.
Make other countries pay more for NATO protection.
Invade Iran.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Gyges posted:

• Gutting Medicare
  • Block Grant Medicaid
  • gently caress the EPA
  • Cut Food Stamps
  • So many tax cuts
  • Reneg on the Iran Deal
  • Give police the greenlight on murdering more unarmed minorities freely
  • National Stop and Frisk
  • Repealing H1B and J1 visas, utterly loving over Silicon Valley and educational institiutions

Added a few.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I bet this gets rolled out to police departments.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
Goddammit Anthony Kennedy, it's gonna be on you to continue not being a complete shithead once the poo poo Congress rams through starts filtering up to the SCOTUS. We're not gonna be any worse off on that front than with Scalia, but Kennedy's gonna continue being the swing vote and it's very hard to trust him.

e: also stay safe Notorious RBG :(

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Gyges posted:

• Gutting Medicare
  • Block Grant Medicaid
  • gently caress the EPA
  • Cut Food Stamps
  • So many tax cuts
  • Reneg on the Iran Deal

lol I'd love to see them jack up student loan rates.

I'm not paying that poo poo off anyway. Let a bunch of companies rely on 10% interest from mine and others' loans and watch them burn to the ground when no payments come.

And they'll replace the ACA. They'll let insurance companies compete across state lines! It'll be great!

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

He will 100% try and build a wall. Also, he is going to absolutely use his position to benefit his sons and family. Like if he wasn't rich before the Trump empire is going to grow like crazy.

He sees what Putin has done and is like " I want that".

Yea, it's really bad if Bobby Jindal gets power in HHS.

This made me realize that my best hope for anything in this country is that his cabinet is so short sighted and greedy that his administration hamstrings itself as each person undermines the others to try to get as much money and power as the possibly can.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

disjoe posted:

lol I'd love to see them jack up student loan rates.

I'm not paying that poo poo off anyway. Let a bunch of companies rely on 10% interest from mine and others' loans and watch them burn to the ground when no payments come.

And they'll replace the ACA. They'll let insurance companies compete across state lines! It'll be great!

They will garnish your wages.

I mean if you don't work, yeah you can stick it to them I guess.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Who What Now posted:

Glad you find the prospect of LGBT and non-whites getting hosed over for four years straight so hilarious. Personally I don't see the humor in it.

negromancer posted:

I'm glad you think the suffering and death of minorities is "humorous" to you.

You're a garbage person.

Wait, you're taking this poo poo seriously?

I toxxed for trump ironically. I work at a public defense law firm in one of the most liberal cities in the US.

So no, this is a loving shitshow and I'm trying to cope the only way I know how (irony).

I see D&D is an actual serious forum, I'm used to GBS and FYAD-style posting. My bad.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Dirt posted:

They will garnish your wages.

I mean if you don't work, yeah you can stick it to them I guess.

He can quit his job and then there will be one more job opening that the uneducated rust belt voters aren't qualified to fill and yet do nothing to actually better their situation like pick up a loving book or go to college or a trade school.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Crowsbeak posted:

You are right of course but it definitely did gently caress some communities over and it because the rallying cry against Neoliberalism.

No it became a rallying cry against Bill Clinton with the opposite proposal being more neoliberalism under Republicans instead.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TheKennedys posted:

Goddammit Anthony Kennedy, it's gonna be on you to continue not being a complete shithead once the poo poo Congress rams through starts filtering up to the SCOTUS. We're not gonna be any worse off on that front than with Scalia, but Kennedy's gonna continue being the swing vote and it's very hard to trust him.

e: also stay safe Notorious RBG :(

Obergefell is safe, if only because Alito and Roberts are going to be able to see what a nightmare it would be to try to put that genie back in the bottle.

Roe is toast. I'll be unsurprised by a nationwide fetal heartbeat law. If it's something you really care about, find a Doula and learn about OTC abortifacients. Get an IUD.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Bushiz posted:

Obergefell is safe, if only because Alito and Roberts are going to be able to see what a nightmare it would be to try to put that genie back in the bottle.

Roe is toast. I'll be unsurprised by a nationwide fetal heartbeat law. If it's something you really care about, find a Doula and learn about OTC abortifacients. Get an IUD.

This is all assuming birth control won't be outlawed as well.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

fishmech posted:

No it became a rallying cry against Bill Clinton with the opposite proposal being more neoliberalism under Republicans instead.

Well they said they would reverse the neoliberalism, they lied.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Bushiz posted:

Get an IUD.
Well, it's a good thing the Republican Party is also wholly against comprehensive sex education that would teach young students about IUDs, and they're also against easily accessible (sometimes free) birth control that would help the lower class afford birth control!

Wait, that's not good at all.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

negromancer posted:

This is all assuming birth control won't be outlawed as well.

at this point I'm low-key assuming I'm buying birth control from mexico with bitcoin.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Bushiz posted:

Luckily I had my tubes tied and don't have to worry about it personally but I know a whoooooole lot of people that would/will be hosed if Roe goes away and PP gets dismantled. :( If Kennedy doesn't grow a conscience that's gonna be a massive blow.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Crows Turn Off posted:

Well, it's a good thing the Republican Party is also wholly against comprehensive sex education that would teach young students about IUDs, and they're also against easily accessible (sometimes free) birth control that would help the lower class afford birth control!

Wait, that's not good at all.

I meant, like, in the next 70 days, if you can.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Maybe I'm just imagining things, but Paul Ryan was on CNN just now giving a speech somewhere and he looks pale as gently caress. Like he done seen a ghost.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Quadrapellegiance posted:

Wait, you're taking this poo poo seriously?

I toxxed for trump ironically. I work at a public defense law firm in one of the most liberal cities in the US.

So no, this is a loving shitshow and I'm trying to cope the only way I know how (irony).

I see D&D is an actual serious forum, I'm used to GBS and FYAD-style posting. My bad.

come to CSPAM buddy we're there for ya

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Oh god Planned Parenthood is gone too.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Is there a comprehensive list of organizations that people can volunteer with across different states? I refuse to just bitch about this on the internet. I just don't know where to go and my local dem party is in disarray right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Bushiz posted:

Doulas help women give birth. They probably know nothing about herbal abortions. They might even be pro lifers.

• Locked thread