Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
imagine a candidate with bernies mailing list and any sort of name recognition pre-primary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Also the thing about how both Bernie and Trump literally appealed to the same people for the same reason (which I know is real mind blowing around here)

Of course he issues a statement like that

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Are there any meme's yet in a Trump America

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
For real I am proud of all the dudes and dudettes that GOTV'D for Clinton, sorry that deep down America sucks and we hosed up y'all are heroes

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pick posted:

Yeah, it was a bad job and it sucked. But still, if you were in the desert, dying of thirst, and someone offers you a flask of hydroflouric acid, and the other offers you camel urine, you loving take the camel urine and you drink the loving camel urine

I mean, that was basically the Hillary strategy but clearly it didn't work. Also keep in mind that Hillary didn't lose because of people choosing Trump as much as she lost because people just didn't come out and vote. She got millions fewer votes than Obama did.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Vladimir Putin posted:

Man how did Sanders become the loving hero in all this.

cough by running for president cough

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

i am also 100% confident that trump would shove something through congress with mostly democratic support if it's something he personally wants to do, which i can't say for basically anyone else in the gop primary

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I drank way too much in the leadup to the election on the poor logic that I wouldn't need it anymore after the election and could ease way back, bad plan. I guess a ton of :420: is an acceptable numbing substitute.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Pick posted:

Yeah, it was a bad job and it sucked. But still, if you were in the desert, dying of thirst, and someone offers you a flask of hydroflouric acid, and the other offers you camel urine, you loving take the camel urine and you drink the loving camel urine

Or, and I'm just spitballing here, if the opposing party is running someone so heinous that your principles tell you that he must not, under any circumstances, win, maybe, just maybe, don't run the most unlikeable person in your party. Perhaps instead of forcing voters into a decision of who they like least, maybe give them someone worth voting for?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

anime was right posted:

lets all take some time to cool off and then fight back

agreed, everyone go have that post-9/11 grief/fear sex and report back

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Man Musk posted:

It's all one big meme now. Our whole country is the meme.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

i mean maybe rand paul would do the same on some issues but lol rand paul

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

anime was right posted:

imagine a candidate with bernies mailing list and any sort of name recognition pre-primary.

Gonna feel good voting Gabbard in as the first female president.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

LastInLine posted:

Or, and I'm just spitballing here, if the opposing party is running someone so heinous that your principles tell you that he must not, under any circumstances, win, maybe, just maybe, don't run the most unlikeable person in your party. Perhaps instead of forcing voters into a decision of who they like least, maybe give them someone worth voting for?

No that doesnt make any sense why would they do that?? :confused: I can't believe turnout was low for the least exciting candidate ever

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

change my name posted:

agreed, everyone go have that post-9/11 grief/fear sex and report back

Glenn Beck's 9/12 Project

which is funny because i think he voted hillary (or nobody at all)

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Godinster posted:

Final numbers in, Hilldog lost 6.9 million voters over Obama's 2012 numbers.

What a loving terrible candidate.

God. If she lost to Trump like this any of the other Republicans would have mulched her. Regardless of if she would have made a competent President she was clearly way too compromised as a candidate to ever win.

To hell with her though, I feel sick about Barack and Michelle knowing they have to hand off the country to a gloating, narcissistic, fascist fucker like Trump. :barf:

It's such a loving cliche, but there's still part of me that can't believe this is actually happening. I cried when someone posted that pic of the KKK parading across some bridge in the South. Innocent people are going to die. :smith:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Man Musk posted:

pepe is only allowable meme by presidential order

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

I hope the zeitgeist for 2018/2020 is Bernie's legacy continues and we get a left-populist surge again. This time with the message that the Democrats failed you, poor whites, in nominating an elite.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

anime was right posted:

again: keith ellison

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cg1HB63_Do

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Fintilgin posted:

It's such a loving cliche, but there's still part of me that can't believe this is actually happening. I cried when someone posted that pic of the KKK parading across some bridge in the South. Innocent people are going to die. :smith:

My nephews are asking why a man who makes fun of women and black people and people with disabilities is going to be president. poo poo's not good.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Godinster posted:

Final numbers in, Hilldog lost 6.9 million voters over Obama's 2012 numbers.

What a loving terrible candidate.

did anyone say nice??????????

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

we need a new malcom x, we need a new huey p. newton

the left needs to relearn violence and anger and threats

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Thoguh posted:

That's pretty good though. Like it or not Trump is going to be president and if Bernie can still get some of his stuff enacted then that's a lot better than nothing.

I thought this today. Trump is so vain that if you can sit down with him and act like you're working with him as an equal, and make him think he's getting what he wants, there's room to work with him. I can see a situation where Trump fights the Republican Congress because of stuff the Democrats forced his hand on.

Basically:

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

i am also 100% confident that trump would shove something through congress with mostly democratic support if it's something he personally wants to do, which i can't say for basically anyone else in the gop primary

But ya, generally, this poo poo is going to suck hard.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Fintilgin posted:

God. If she lost to Trump like this any of the other Republicans would have mulched her. Regardless of if she would have made a competent President she was clearly way too compromised as a candidate to ever win.

To hell with her though, I feel sick about Barack and Michelle knowing they have to hand off the country to a gloating, narcissistic, fascist fucker like Trump. :barf:

Lol jesus, get off the internet, go outside, smell some flowers. I'm serious.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

NecroMonster posted:

there's potential in black lives matter but if they don't get mass support the state will crush them

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

logikv9 posted:

We kicked out the crazed bernie supporters because you guys wouldn't stop producing flamewars in every thread you existed in. We kept plenty of bernie supporters, and actually I think the C-SPAM moderation team (IKs and mods) are majority bernie supporters.

I don't know, man. It really did seem like somebody like zoux would post some screenshot from Reddit of a crazy Berner, a circlejerk of "lol, Berners sure are crazy!" would start, some people would push back about how representative redditors are and then the people pushing back would get hit with 6'ers for "starting a flamewar" or whatever, despite it being the Abuela cirlcejerk initiating things. I mean, ultimately, getting 6'ers for disagreeing with Tatum and Deteriorata isn't a big deal but whew the moderation was kind of bad for a while there. Last Girl is cool and Baloogan (who knew?) is actually pretty good but, lol, zoux was an IK for a while, 6'ing anybody who didn't love Abuela.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

i dont agree w/u on much but this is good advice

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Homework Explainer posted:

hmmmmmm

*goes to google to learn more*

nice

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

splifyphus posted:

jesus loving christ, it's an entire internet of liberals having identity crises.

All joking aside I see everyone mad at eachother and I'm like "Yeah, they're right" and also "gently caress them" simultaneously. All kinds of people have very good points, but a lot of them also stink of "please don't blame me for Trump" and I hate them....and also don't think they deserve the blame.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Nov 10, 2016

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Homework Explainer posted:

This is a good idea, I hope he runs at some point.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I don't know, man. It really did seem like somebody like zoux would post some screenshot from Reddit of a crazy Berner, a circlejerk of "lol, Berners sure are crazy!" would start, some people would push back about how representative redditors are and then the people pushing back would get hit with 6'ers for "starting a flamewar" or whatever, despite it being the Abuela cirlcejerk initiating things. I mean, ultimately, getting 6'ers for disagreeing with Tatum and Deteriorata isn't a big deal but whew the moderation was kind of bad for a while there. Last Girl is cool and Baloogan (who knew?) is actually pretty good but, lol, zoux was an IK for a while, 6'ing anybody who didn't love Abuela.

by any objective measure zoux was the worst ik. i was second worst because my rule was arbitrary and capricious

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i, for one, think calming down and being reasonable, thinking of our future with a sense of tranqil, collected hope, and enjoying the beauty and perhaps overall insignificance of our curious lives, is incredibly loving booj, eat poo poo.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

NecroMonster posted:

I was thinking this exact thing!

I was thinking how we don't have leaders in the community to drive us forward anymore.

No more Malcoms. No more Huey Newtons. No more MLKs, no more JFKs or RFKs.

Who is our Woodie Guthrie? Bob Dylan?

Where are the prominent people?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

yeah real talk is that as much as a trump presidency is inconceivable, on a domestic policy perspective it's worlds better than a ted cruz presidency. trump's going into the presidency almost the way a third party candidate would, ready to use both parties for his own advantage, which is probably going to be 70% bad 30% good but ted cruz would have been 100% bad, so...

this is assuming fema death camps are not in the cards, that would be worse than ted cruz

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Phi230 posted:

I hope the zeitgeist for 2018/2020 is Bernie's legacy continues and we get a left-populist surge again. This time with the message that the Democrats failed you, poor whites, in nominating an elite.

Is that supposed to be helping to defeat Trump?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

LastInLine posted:

no you see 70% of democrats love her and this spells out general election victory because...........

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

We are all snooked and a mess

The right won. Not only did they win they outflanked us to the left

Major shakendom .

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Pook Good Mook posted:

I thought this today. Trump is so vain that if you can sit down with him and act like you're working with him as an equal, and make him think he's getting what he wants, there's room to work with him. I can see a situation where Trump fights the Republican Congress because of stuff the Democrats forced his hand on.
Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr

he hands over 95% of the responsibility to Pence, leaving vanity infrastructure projects to himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

There are no flowers left in New England. The icy winds of autumn have come, and winter is soon to follow.

• Locked thread