Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SeANMcBAY posted:

At the ABD machine in the post office.

The only options it gives me are deposit, withdraw, and cancel. And if I hit deposit there's no option for MEOW coupons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

So I've decided (via superstar LP polls) I want to sell my town and start over and I'm looking for advice on what to look for for a good looking town. I've already decided that for personal aesthetics I want a river running vertically instead of horizontally across my town, but is there anything else for suggestions?

I kinda want to put more thought into the layout this go around than just putting things where I have room.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Guy Goodbody posted:

The only options it gives me are deposit, withdraw, and cancel. And if I hit deposit there's no option for MEOW coupons

It sounds like you may have to develop some stuff in town first then I guess and can't do it yet.

Closed my gates. Thanks to everyone that showed up.

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

Tyty posted:

So I've decided (via superstar LP polls) I want to sell my town and start over and I'm looking for advice on what to look for for a good looking town. I've already decided that for personal aesthetics I want a river running vertically instead of horizontally across my town, but is there anything else for suggestions?

I kinda want to put more thought into the layout this go around than just putting things where I have room.

Try to visualize what you can do with how the river bends. Where you can place the three bridges, and how to use any dead-ends or crossroads you end up with. I don't know if it's still possible to get little islands in the river, but those were always a rare, beautiful, and ultimately useless feature. There will be two exits to the beach, and if they end up on the same side of the river's waterfall (I think it's unlikely with a vertical river), then you'll end up with a tiny scrap of beach that you can only access by swimming. Which I think is a neat feature.

Also think about what ends up closest to the train station, or to where you put your house. If convenience is something you want to shoot for.

That's all I can think of. My river makes two u-turns before emptying off the bottom, and I've put my three bridges in a straight line across its three vertical bits. I think that works nicely.

McOgre
Sep 19, 2011

The Legend of Groose
I either forgot or never knew that speaking into the mic will blow a dandelion. I was just carrying one around and I coughed, which caused my character to blow it away. :(

Can you only get the new furniture from the campground/RVs?

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

insanityv2 posted:

Man I missed a big flurry of FC trading.

Mine is 0061-2897-7132

E: please quote me if you add me so i can see it fast if im just skimming the thread

Added you, still no response from Dizz.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Make our villages Great Again.
:smith:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Manuel Calavera posted:

Make our villages Great Again.
:smith:

Man, I was just thinking that I really just want to move into my animal crossing town and leave this world behind

Dana Scully
Dec 25, 2010

hey scully, wanna break into the dean's office?
Does anyone have a lead on a good catalogue website/app/spreadsheet that includes the new items with the update? I'm using animalcrossing.mooo but it hasn't been updated and also it crashes chrome when I open it. I'm trying to make that final push to the gold catalogue badge.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

SystemLogoff posted:

Added you, still no response from Dizz.

Sorry I missed you.

Also added McOgre

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

jivjov posted:

Man, I was just thinking that I really just want to move into my animal crossing town and leave this world behind

Keeping my gates open today if anyone else needs (to borrow a phrase) an island of chill in a sea of bullshit. Joan is in the Trailer Park, Katrina is in town (and told me to wear Modern Bottoms, of which there is exactly one item I do not own :sigh: ), and Reese wants your extra hats an turnips for not nearly as much as yesterday but still at least in triple digits which is more than I can usually hope for (116). There's also going to be a meteor shower later.

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

Anybody willing to come for a quick visit right now? One of my storage mules, Charmy, has a "host the most" initiative that I'd like to take care of. I think I've added all of the codes here since the update release, so I'll just set my town open for now. My friend code is 4725-8279-7831 for Ailuria.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Summers has a premium on Perfect Pears. Pears are not the native fruit, and the town is currently set to Wealthy, so if you have any Perfect Pears saved up, now is the perfect time to sell!
I'll leave the gates open.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay

Last Visible Dog posted:

Anybody willing to come for a quick visit right now? One of my storage mules, Charmy, has a "host the most" initiative that I'd like to take care of. I think I've added all of the codes here since the update release, so I'll just set my town open for now. My friend code is 4725-8279-7831 for Ailuria.

Added.

0061-2897-7132

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

insanityv2 posted:

Added.

0061-2897-7132

Alright, added you back!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there a fater way to switch tools than going into the pocket menu?

Also, are mushrooms bad like weeds, or neutral like seashells?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is there a fater way to switch tools than going into the pocket menu?

Also, are mushrooms bad like weeds, or neutral like seashells?

Left and right on the dpad will cycle through tools in your inventory.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Would anyone like to have Peaches the normal horse or Vic the cranky bull in their town?

They're not in boxes yet, since I am using amiibo cards to replace them. I can move out one of them tonight, but the other will have to wait until next week when my Opal card arrives.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Meteor shower in Radland right now. Come in the next ten minutes and enjoy the super chill 7:00 PM music.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Hey can anyone hook me up with the Wii U and 3DS? I just want to play the new mini games. :(

1160-9718-7534

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Waffleopolis posted:

Hey can anyone hook me up with the Wii U and 3DS? I just want to play the new mini games. :(

1160-9718-7534

5086-1463-2550

I have Mabel in my campground and she has both systems.

Opening up for an hour or so for anyone else that wants to come visit my cute animal town on this god awful day.:smith:

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Waffleopolis posted:

1160-9718-7534

Add me 0962 - 9842 - 8949

I have the tom nook amiibo, so I can reorder tomorrow.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

5086-1463-2550

I have Mabel in my campground and she has both systems.

Opening up for an hour or so for anyone else that wants to come visit my cute animal town on this god awful day.:smith:

Added you. I would like to visit. I'll bring my systems in case Waffle doesnt have enough MEOW coupons. I would actually just reorder them both since I have too much MEOW coupons.

glassyalabolas fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 10, 2016

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Do any of the characters with the Puzzle League 3DS appear without amiibo use?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Looper posted:

Do any of the characters with the Puzzle League 3DS appear without amiibo use?

Dunno but you can get it and the Wii U from fortune cookies as well.

glassyalabolas posted:

Added you. I would like to visit. I'll bring my systems in case Waffle doesnt have enough MEOW coupons. I would actually just reorder them both since I have too much MEOW coupons.

Added and opened again.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

oh poo poo, I didn't know there's different verisions for the n3DS and Wii U Console. Ordered the mabel and sabel verision. That black Wii U looks sick.

drat Nintendo making me collect systems in my own game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

glassyalabolas posted:

oh poo poo, I didn't know there's different verisions for the n3DS and Wii U Console. Ordered the mabel and sabel verision. That black Wii U looks sick.

drat Nintendo making me collect systems in my own game.

Cyrus can actually customize the regular 3DS item with a custom faceplate from one of your designs. I don't think you can do it with the special character ones though. There's also an Isabelle 3DS.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

Cyrus can actually customize the regular 3DS item with a custom faceplate from one of your designs. I don't think you can do it with the special character ones though. There's also an Isabelle 3DS.

Time to use my Tingle flag. :getin:

e: Left the n3ds and Wii U near the gate, in case Waffle comes. Thanks for letting me roam around. If you ever want gyroids, random fossils and furniture, holler at me. I also have a poo poo ton of flowers scattered around.

glassyalabolas fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Nov 10, 2016

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SeANMcBAY posted:

I have that one in my basement, and the base WiiU. I want a black one.

Rover also has a WiiU, and a basic 3DS.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

All amiibo characters without fail have a 3DS and/or a Wii-U

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Manuel Calavera posted:

I have that one in my basement, and the base WiiU. I want a black one.

Rover also has a WiiU, and a basic 3DS.

Bring your Wii U to Cyrus and he can make it black.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

All amiibo characters without fail have a 3DS and/or a Wii-U

The Zelda ones don't have either system, I don't think the Splatoon ones do either

But all the AC Amiibo do at least

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

I think it would be fun if we all posted our town layouts. I'm going to sell mine soon (even though it's only appraised at $18mil), and I'd love to see how you guys have laid yours out!

Here's mine -- even though it has a 'secret cove' beach, I'm annoyed with the river and how it all ended up looking.

Let me see your maps!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Dana Scully posted:

Does anyone have a lead on a good catalogue website/app/spreadsheet that includes the new items with the update? I'm using animalcrossing.mooo but it hasn't been updated and also it crashes chrome when I open it. I'm trying to make that final push to the gold catalogue badge.

Have you tried Animal Crossing Community?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

All right. My husband, Cichlidae, was interested in starting up the game again, so goddamn it I downloaded the update and I'm an active mayor again!

My town is... exactly the way I left it and my villagers were all happy to see me. Cich sold his town to the Nook-man and it appraised for a whopping 75 MILLION bells! Made my morbidly curious as to how much I could get for mine, not that I have any reason for trying it!

So yeah. I'm on vacation now but when I get back I can do stuff. I'm sure Cich will want folks to play with too. Main thing I'll be looking for is the camper-exclusive furniture, since that will be literally the only thing missing from my catalog barring super rare DLC stuff from like Korea or something.

Speaking of the catalog, does anyone know if stuff you get from MEOW coupons gets added to the T&T catalog, and if you can order them like normal?

FrictionlessEmu
Jan 24, 2011

The camper-exclusive furniture shows up in the catalog as "Not for sale", unfortunately. So you have to go and buy it from the camper again if you want more.

On the other hand, some of the campers have region-specific items from events/DLC, so you might be able to find some of the random stuff you'd missed. :)

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Gates are open in Rocking and KK is visiting and his 3DS has his cute little dog face on it!

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

I added everyone that said they added me. I'll have Podunk open for a little bit. I've got Inkwell in the campground today if anyone wants some splatoon items.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jelly Omelettle posted:

I added everyone that said they added me. I'll have Podunk open for a little bit. I've got Inkwell in the campground today if anyone wants some splatoon items.

Added you. I'd like some of that stuff since I sold my Splatoon amiibo. 5086-1463-2550

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Genovera posted:

Would anyone like to have Peaches the normal horse or Vic the cranky bull in their town?

They're not in boxes yet, since I am using amiibo cards to replace them. I can move out one of them tonight, but the other will have to wait until next week when my Opal card arrives.

Last call on these guys-- If anyone wants one of them let me know!

• Locked thread