Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Discendo Vox posted:

Bad news folks- I was wrong about the two bugged trophies. You will in fact need to re-earn them.

So I'll have to beg andy to do golden grin while I sit on my rear end again?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
What's the best way to handle the aftershock escape on OD? You can't enter vehicles in swan song and by the time the helicopter shows up, the entire yard is swarming with cops. Outside of saving flashbangs and then spamming them, is there a better way to do it?

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Psion posted:

I assume you already have the best string replacement mod ever made, INH's true masterpiece: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3751994#post452856669

what's this thing you found to make custom strings? I could probably answer the question better if I saw it.

Not that exact one, but I did edit my drill close to that:

And this is the mod: http://modworkshop.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=12426

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Hot drat I've actually got fewer One Downs to go than I thought. I mean it's still a healthy chunk but at a rate of one or two a day like I'm doing it wouldn't be long at all. Does the statue count safehouse and events and stuff? Is it any different from the skull?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

clockworkjoe posted:

What's the best way to handle the aftershock escape on OD? You can't enter vehicles in swan song and by the time the helicopter shows up, the entire yard is swarming with cops. Outside of saving flashbangs and then spamming them, is there a better way to do it?

Be on the opposite end of the map. As soon as Bile is actually in position, then you rush the yard, flashbanging hard. You should only need a few if you move in a tight group and immediately get in the truck.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Update on bugged trophies. There's nothing fancy going on with the Longfellow trophy. The description is just wrong. The time limit is 10 minutes.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
So, don't do it because you're gonna lose it when they fix it?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

grancheater posted:

So, don't do it because you're gonna lose it when they fix it?

No, the trophies that were lost were lost because they changed internal reference names, not because they fixed requirements. Besides, if it's not Robbedacop or something, it's also just a chance to get 6 more coins.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
im offended that they didnt give sydney a boomerang melee weapon/throwable

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

Psion posted:

Be on the opposite end of the map. As soon as Bile is actually in position, then you rush the yard, flashbanging hard. You should only need a few if you move in a tight group and immediately get in the truck.

I never thought about that strat. I'm gonna try that out today.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Discendo Vox posted:

Update on bugged trophies. There's nothing fancy going on with the Longfellow trophy. The description is just wrong. The time limit is 10 minutes.

Oh thank loving christ. I can actually do that with two people then.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Every single goddamn One Down lobby is either cheaters, low-level idiots who don't have the points/infamy/experience necessary, or knobs who started with empty slots like people are going to want to join them when they can't get the achievement.

How is the Payday base still so goddamned dumb.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Every single goddamn One Down lobby is either cheaters, low-level idiots who don't have the points/infamy/experience necessary, or knobs who started with empty slots like people are going to want to join them when they can't get the achievement.

How is the Payday base still so goddamned dumb.

I don't think I'd ever try to 1D with pubbies, I'll just wait in the discord channel for that.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

I'm pubstoving it right now, and so far we have accomplished Hotline miami and panic room on 1D. #notallpubs?

EDIT: The host's computer is absolute dogshit though, which helps.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Tamayachi posted:

I don't think I'd ever try to 1D with pubbies, I'll just wait in the discord channel for that.

I've done all the stealths solo and with pubs I've cleared like 5+ so far. It's not bad at all when you find a competent group and they're honestly not that rare now. You just have to sift through a billion of the aforementioned dipshits.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
https://twitter.com/almirlisto/status/796330138887684096応慉䘀耀
:swoon:

EDIT oh gently caress my Phone

Soral
May 30, 2009

here you go

https://twitter.com/almirlisto/status/796330138887684096

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Hey, it's the Silver lining! :confuoot:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We should ask for some sort of endless variant of election day 2 (warehouse) in "celebration". On the bright side, I finally finished my OD feedback post.

OD/loud gameplay major changes as of right now. Italics are my judgement.
  • Increases to bow, throwing weapon and poison damage These were planned since the weapon balance, and are mostly fine after subsequent tweaks. It can be hard to tell, but bows in particular are high skill weapons, so their level of strength isn't that inappropriate, especially after their damage reduction. Poison arrows are actually pretty well-considered. Some throwing weapons aren't even, but this is relatively unimportant.
  • Joker changes Short version is Jokers are much more powerful than they used to be, especially in terms of survivability. This is somewhat imbalanced because of how they interact with enemies, but would not be a big deal were it not for:
  • Domination changes Almost all domination elements were removed, such that now the game basically guarantees domination if the enemy is below 100% health. This is dumb and exploitable as all heck, and should be reversed. Domination should not be so reliable, except in specific stealth situations where it no longer works. Its previous management worked much better.
  • Fire changes The Flamethrower now always lights enemies on fire and does a massively increased DoT, making the choice of ammo trivial- Rare gives you more ammo, so it's the only thing to pick. This is a problem, but not a particularly big deal.
  • Bulldozer changes very limited stun methods, running. These are fine. They introduce qualitative changes that make burning down bulldozers difficult, but still possible. Bulldozers are a reasonable threat that now fulfill their intended gameplay purpose.
  • Medic We all know how this guy works at this point. He's not a big game-changer, so for the purpose of a beta/difficulty rebalance I'd say don't change them right now.

• Difficulty Normalization
    This is the big one. For some reason, OVK decided the right thing to do was to use flat multipliers across all enemies and conditions between difficulties. This produces all sorts of interaction effects between different enemy classes, and coupled with other flattening changes means gameplay is simultaneously more homogenous and less functional. While these changes are really noticeable at the extremes, they also have negative effects on all difficulties. I'll get into the details, but the short version is this needs to be reversed almost in its entirety. This really needs to be reversed. It may have been fast to implement, but it's really harmed the game. The details:

• Linearized spawn limits It used to be that the max number of units increased nonlinearly as the number of players increased- in part to reflect the synergy that more players provide. This was undone and a flat multiplier (1xcap for 1 player, 4x for 4 players) was applied, to frankly ludicrous effect. At the full end of absurdity, this leads to a 84 spawncap with 4 players on OD. This breaks on all systems, regardless of CPU power, because it also causes general pathing problems. The pathing and spawning problems are the only thing that makes loud OD heists beatable- players are actually encountering fewer enemies on OD than on lower difficulties, because many of them become stationary, move slowly, or never spawn at all. The difficulty and possibility of OD comes down to which 10 enemies are actually firing, and where/how the rest of the enemies are malfunctioning. This should be almost fully reversed- ~45 spawncap on DW was already causing problems, and there's really no need to increase it for higher difficulties. This needs to be removed- it completely breaks the game.
  • Linearized Spawn Pools This is the number of enemies that spawn over the course of an assault wave. It was similarly made linear per player, and increased. This is not a significant issue- it makes assaults longer, but does not harm gameplay in the same way as other changes.
  • Simplified Spawns It appears that all beat cops and FBI units have been wiped from assault spawns, now only appearing when scripted to in particular levels. All upper difficulties now have the same narrow set of units, all of the same "color set". Additionally, special units do not spawn in combination with other units, only on their own, potentially with medics. Dozers and tasers, for example, only appear in pairs. Cloakers only spawn alone. This appears to have been done partially to facilitate a dynamic medic spawn setup which causes medics to spawn often with other groups, but the net effect is that enemy units are homogenous and isolated from each other. It is rare to get interesting combinations of enemies or special units that vary gameplay. The harder hitting, weaker FBI units are no longer present to act as priority targets. This needs to be undone. It interacts poorly with other changes, below.
  • Special Spawn caps There can now be only 2 cloakers. Coupled with the problems of hiding cloaker behaviors, this means you will never see cloakers on some maps, and they are generally way too infrequent. OD has an 8 shield limit, which is absurd when they're spawning in groups of four, especially in contrast to other special units. Both of these cap values need to be adjusted, and the cloaker hiding spawn need to be decoupled from the general cloaker cap.
  • Changed Tactics Spawngroups have assigned behaviors. It's hard to speak to them in detail because the spawn limit and pathing problems mean they're hard to witness (they might also be a contributing factor in the above problems), but one effect is that only a couple spawngroups can use flashbangs or smoke grenades. While it's true there was a spamming problem before, this cuts too far in the other direction. On all difficulties, these items are now too rare.
  • Flat health and headshot multipliers Enemies now have a base health rate that is multiplied by a flat value per difficulty. This hits its apotheosis at OD, where enemies have 9x the health they have on normal. It means many OD enemies have too much health (gangsters and other scripted heist enemies are bizzare to fight), and is the cause of the most common bullet sponge problems. Headshot multipliers are also flattened and, bizarrely, reduced on the top difficulties. Many commentators have talked about adjusting these flat multipliers. I disagree. They need to not exist. Enemies fulfill different roles, and flat multipliers are going to make them lose those roles between difficulties. While some flat adjustment could work, especially for enemies like SWAT that play a homogenous role, these multipliers are going to have to be less divergent between difficulties, and a lot of per-difficulty or per unit health values should be set instead. Beat cops should not be taking full clips. (neither should alerted gangsters in stealth, but stealth is a whole separate kettle of fish).
  • Enemy damage and accuracy I've posted on this before, so I'll keep it brief. Enemies, especially with automatic weapons, should not do too much damage per hit. Their accuracy, and damage, should decrease over distance. This was also a problem on DW, but it's turned up to 11 on OD, specifically because of the basic SWAT, which are an absurd threat far more dangerous than any of the special units. These units need to be nerfed.

I appreciate the limited resources that were available for this difficulty, but at the end of the day pure quantitative changes are a poor response to the problems that were being addressed. To the extent that a damage meta is currently driving player behavior, flat increases to accuracy, damage and numbers will not suffice- and simplifying the numbers involved to make them easier to manage can harm the texture of basic gameplay. Reversals of the above changes should occur before changes to armor, weapons or skills happen- right now we are trying to consider player capabilities in the context of a loud gameplay framework that is hopefully subject to change. These changes to enemies and the challenge dynamic of the game need to happen before further tweaks to players can be considered in a meaningful light.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

https://puu.sh/scX9Q/92d5744ae9.gif

I've hit that part of Payday 2 where I need to mod it to a virtually unrecognizable mess, and then it's like a whole new game for me.

EDIT: Okay for some reason trying to embed it makes it not work. It's the big bang (and other maps?) stock ticker that I customized.

swims
May 5, 2014

Incase anyone is wondering what the Xbox update is it is essentially just a fix to make the lmg bipod work and some under the hood stuff.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

God loving drat it, they've just removed safehouse nightmare with no advance notice. I still didn't have it done on Mayhem.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
That's the real safehouse nightmare

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Discendo Vox posted:

God loving drat it, they've just removed safehouse nightmare with no advance notice. I still didn't have it done on Mayhem.

Why don't they just make it permanent at this point? While the game will still be around for a while, it doesn't make much sense for a game this old to only periodically allow some content (especially if it's tied to achievements).

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm glad I got those 2 pieces of poo poo achievements out of the way. I hate that doing it on OD doesn't unlock the mayhem achievement.

TinKelp
Jan 9, 2007
:dukedog:
Buglord

clockworkjoe posted:

I'm glad I got those 2 pieces of poo poo achievements out of the way. I hate that doing it on OD doesn't unlock the mayhem achievement.

Wait, what? Why the hell would they make Safehouse Nightmare the only one to work like that? God drat it I thought I unlocked it with all the other mayhem achievements.

So what's up with the "added call out medic lines for Wolf" note? Did Ulf came back for just this one thing?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

TinKelp posted:

Wait, what? Why the hell would they make Safehouse Nightmare the only one to work like that?

Safehouse Nightmare is an old map, so it works on old rules, I guess? Last time around, everyone had to clear it on each individual difficulty to get each individual achievement - I guess that carried forward ... which goes against how Mayhem has worked since it was introduced, yes, I know.

maybe they'll be responsive to a request for a hotfix to award Mayhem to anyone who's cleared it on DW/1D?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The non-MH/OD achievements required you to grab a mask in the area outside the basement to get the completion achievement. That's probably related. I just needed some warning so I could have known I needed to do it.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

TinKelp posted:

So what's up with the "added call out medic lines for Wolf" note? Did Ulf came back for just this one thing?

The comments on the patch notes (yeah I know) said they just spliced his Bulldozer line and his "I need a medic bag" line together, which sounds entirely believable. If they had Ulf back they would've recorded way, way more lines. Like a loving sniper line. :argh:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I just got word back from Frankelstner about how headless dozer hitboxes work.

edit:

1. My sources are still absurdly salty about the hashlist being removed.
2. We're getting a new heister, apparently.

HOLY CRAP IT'S TONY MONTANA

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Nov 10, 2016

Slide McGriffin
Nov 16, 2009

OOOOoooOOooo
wait what

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Lyrai posted:

https://puu.sh/scX9Q/92d5744ae9.gif

I've hit that part of Payday 2 where I need to mod it to a virtually unrecognizable mess, and then it's like a whole new game for me.

EDIT: Okay for some reason trying to embed it makes it not work. It's the big bang (and other maps?) stock ticker that I customized.

That's pretty cool. Is it easy to change the stock ticker? Do you just need to edit a .ini file or something?

Sternieliscious
Sep 21, 2014

Dynas: Tea warrior
I suppose that explains the black Safehouse door, then. What would the new perk deck look like?

swims
May 5, 2014

What is hashlist and why does it matter that it's removed? I know absolutely gently caress all about computers.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

John Murdoch posted:

The comments on the patch notes (yeah I know) said they just spliced his Bulldozer line and his "I need a medic bag" line together, which sounds entirely believable. If they had Ulf back they would've recorded way, way more lines. Like a loving sniper line. :argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Huq02sL7v34

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbhgzKeTPrk

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Headless bulldozers are now easier to kill than standard bulldozers, mainly because they don't run. With the new skill tree, Safehouse Nightmare is trivial to complete. Maybe that's why they removed it so quickly!

quote:

Enemy damage and accuracy I've posted on this before, so I'll keep it brief. Enemies, especially with automatic weapons, should not do too much damage per hit. Their accuracy, and damage, should decrease over distance. This was also a problem on DW, but it's turned up to 11 on OD, specifically because of the basic SWAT, which are an absurd threat far more dangerous than any of the special units. These units need to be nerfed.

Old problem remains with heavy armour builds on high difficulty: if you're wearing heavy armour, you're going to get hit, and because standard enemies do 200+ damage per hit on OD, you're therefore going to go down quick. They did say that in order to make armour builds more viable on OD they may look at making cops miss their shots more often, but I haven't tested it to find out if that's the case because wearing armour on OD is generally an exercise in masochism.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I checked the update history on Safehouse Nightmare and it seems to have been a 7-day window every year it's come out. I'm sort of guessing this based on the wiki's update log, which is incomplete, but it seems to be consistent.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Discendo Vox posted:

edit:

Look, I know Pacino will do whatever he wants these days, but could he really pull off Scarface? Unless they pull the same soundalike they got for the Scarface game but, ugh, that one was awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Discendo Vox posted:

edit:

Wait, are you serious?

Actually, that prompts a question I've been meaning to ask. How do they work around the voice recording for new heisters & content? It occurred to me that they'd have to bring everyone back in to record '<name>, follow me!' anytime they added a new heister. I imagine it'd be expensive to bring back Ron Perlman just to have him record a couple of new lines, so I was curious as to how they approach adding a new character.