Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Stepping away from the Freep thread would be like moving to Canada. It seems like it'd be fun and easy, but it's not the right thing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

change my name posted:

Stepping away from the Freep thread would be like moving to Canada. It seems like it'd be fun and easy, but it's not the right thing to do.

I'm Canadian and I can't not watch this. It's like a train wreck, except the train is sentient and intentionally trying to dive off the tracks no matter how hard anyone tries to keep it on.

The metaphor kind of got away from me.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

We should all take a minute to honor the memory of Dale Reed, who didn't live to see his dream president get elected.

e:

Oh poo poo Dale Reed died?

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Page 16.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Prism posted:

I'm Canadian and I can't not watch this. It's like a train wreck, except the train is sentient and intentionally trying to dive off the tracks no matter how hard anyone tries to keep it on.

No that's exactly how it is.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Prism posted:

I'm kinda biding my time here. Trump seemed to have a pretty big hang up on Chinese steel and wants to stop it, and the shop I work in 99% of our steel is from slitting operations that buy chinese steel wholesale. So if Trump's thing happens, people are already bitching about how tight fisted the owners are here now about scrap, just wait till the cost of a coil goes from 6k to 12 either through import or from US manufacture.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Darkman Fanpage posted:

He sacrificed his last horcrux in a profane ritual to make this nightmare happen.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
A profane ritual involving a street?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Guavanaut posted:

A profane ritual involving a street?

Yeah, he set it down in the street and let a fuel-efficient import run it over :rip:

Also y'all got it wrong, they're not gonna turn on Trump. They're just going to suddenly do a 180 and support the rest of the GOP again.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Neo_Crimson posted:

He sacrificed his last horcrux in a profane ritual to make this nightmare happen.

He'll take up his final form on January 20.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
There are currently anti-Trump protests in dozens of cities throughout the US.

Surely freep has some opinions on this, and surely they're awful.

But someone else is going to have to go look, I'm done for today.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
I was going to take a break but gently caress it, back to business as usual. America will survive the cheeto'd man. My head will adjust to the change in direction if I just power through it:
BREAKING: Republican HQ vandalized, interstate blocked as over 1000 march in Richmond

quote:

To: tcrlaf
CPUSA and Soros in cooperation with Islamic Jihad.

16 posted on 11/9/2016, 7:48:09 PM by Seeing More Clearly Now
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

LOCK ‘EM UP

20 posted on 11/9/2016, 7:48:32 PM by fortes fortuna juvat (HRC, the chief puppet of anti-American Globalists.)

quote:

The only way these tantrums will end is punishment.

25 posted on 11/9/2016, 7:50:29 PM by Ray76 (DRAIN THE SWAMP)

quote:

12 gauge.

34 posted on 11/9/2016, 7:53:02 PM by Quickgun (I got here kicking,screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I can go out that way if I have to)

quote:

To: Newbomb Turk
Buckshot. No more Mr Nice Guy

46 posted on 11/9/2016, 7:58:59 PM by Noumenon (We owe them nothing: not respect, not loyalty, not obedience.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

I have to say, I am REALLY pissed off with this nonsense.

For 8 freaking years we had to sit through a guy we didn’t vote for, watch our healthcare system get screwed up despite every effort to stop it, jobs have gone south, people are struggling and now our guy gets elected and they don’t like it? F#$% THEM!!!!! I HAVE HAD IT!

If I hear one more time that this is because uneducated white guys voted I’m going to lose it. I am an EDUCATED WHITE FEMALE who doesn’t vote for a person only because of their color or gender. I am SMART ENOUGH to vote for the person who is most likely to DO THEIR JOB.

I made the mistake of watching Clinton News for 5 minutes while they covered the protests (fanning them) and the dumbest, incredible ignorant people talked about “being scared” of Trump, they don’t know if they will get deported or have their health care taken away.... and gawd forbid he takes away women’s rights!!! I CAN”T BELEIVE THEY ACTUALLY THINK THIS!!!!!

AUGH!!! I NEED TO TURN ON NETFLIX AND WATCH COLUMBO!!

64 posted on 11/9/2016, 8:06:12 PM by Newton (All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.)

quote:

To: a real Sheila
They keep on, they will get what they have been praying for. They will not like it when that happens. Then they will get to earn Soros 15 dollars an hour the hard way. The undertakers will be working overtime.

87 posted on 11/9/2016, 8:19:40 PM by sport
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 80 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Txngal
I believe this is plan B. Plan A was for Hillary to steal it outright and begin the immediate push into totalitarianism. Obviously it is impossible to steal an election with such a huge margin of victory. Enter B: make full use of the BLM, anarchists, and the usual assorted malcontents. Major violent riots across every major city until Obama, in his wisdom and concern for the country, declares martial law. Beyond that, who knows what will happen. Will they be successful? Not sure, but these demonic asswipes aren't going to just hand over power without trying something.
109 posted on 11/9/2016, 8:40:31 PM by JGT
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 51 | View Replies]

LIVE: Anti-Trump Protestors Rally in NYC (Trump Tower)

quote:

SHTF is starting.

11 posted on 11/9/2016, 5:54:24 PM by kaehurowing

quote:

The First Amendment protects the right to conduct a peaceful public assembly.
But once they start harassing people minding their own business, breaking things and blocking highways & streets, police should kick their butts up between their ears.
You never saw this stuff at our assemblies. These petulant brats can learn to behave or expect to get busted. The days of Obama’s lawlessness and Injustice Dept. are over after January 20, 2017.

24 posted on 11/9/2016, 5:58:03 PM by tumblindice (America's founding fathers, all armed conservatives)

quote:

This is SOROS gathering the THUGS together!!! If she had won I doubt VERY SERIOUSLY we would be out there tearing cities apart????

47 posted on 11/9/2016, 6:09:51 PM by Trump Girl Kit Cat (Yosemite Sam raising hell)

quote:

Yes, that is the city I grew up in. So sad to see it taken over now on such a level by these effin’ neo-Marxist jackasses. Notice none of them have New York accents. I hate their freakin’ guts, they totally destroyed my city, these drat out of state trust fund brats. It was a great city in the 1960s and 70s despite the crime, it had real character, the people were cool, but around the 1980s the infestation started happening till it got so bad I had to move the hell out 7 years ago. I couldn’t take it anymore, just walking through the streets seeing and listening to these fungus of a people got me sick to my stomach, with their Peruvian hats and backpacks. And BTW what they are doing here just shows the extreme type of hypocrites they are. This is the same vomitus that protested in the Occupy Wall street protests, protesting Wall street controlling Washington among other things, and what are they doing now? Protesting a guy who said he is going to get rid of that crap, get rid of special interests, the lobbyists, put term limits on Congress. F them and F all these punks. Get. The. F. OUT. of me and Dons city you effin sh*ts.

59 posted on 11/9/2016, 6:16:43 PM by GrandJediMasterYoda (Hillary Clinton IS a felon.)

quote:

Makes me want to get in the middle of the group and unleash some Liquid rear end spray on them.

http://www.liquidass.com/

106 posted on 11/9/2016, 7:33:04 PM by ConservativeMind ("Humane" = "Don't pen up pets or eat meat, but allow infanticides, abortion, and euthanasia.")

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I am glad that Dale Reed died in a world where it was still certain Hillary was going to win. A better world than this one, to be sure, but not one he wanted.

So as a Canadian I can marry exactly one of you. :p

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

neongrey posted:

So as a Canadian I can marry exactly one of you. :p

I don't care if you're a man or woman, pick me! If you're a guy, Canada has to be ok with same-sex marriages

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Zipperelli. posted:

I don't care if you're a man or woman, pick me! If you're a guy, Canada has to be ok with same-sex marriages

Canada is! But also not necessary in such a case. :v:

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I know, irony =/= Freep, but it's fun to watch them go "BRUTALLY MURDER ROTESTORS FOR DARING TO SHOW THEIR DISPLEASURE AT GOD EMPEROR TRUMP" while crowing for several months about how a Clinton victory would necessitate an armed revolution.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Jesus Freep is going to be loving insufferable for the next week or so.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

mcclay posted:

Jesus Freep is going to be loving insufferable for the next week or so.

Unless the Electoral college decides to change their minds come December and make Hillary president, Freep will be insufferable for a long time.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Around two-thirds of my posts on SA have been in the various incarnations of the Freep thread so this is the closest I have to a posting home. I'll be sticking with this thread through hell or high water.

I'm kind of surprised at how hard I took this election even though as a white male I'm theoretically shielded from the worst of the Drumpfenstaffel and about the worst I have to look forward to is if and when my health insurance policy gets arbitrarily cancelled. I'm not usually one to let myself get stressed out but all day I've been feeling nauseous and have had this huge knot of tension in my back/shoulders. I think why Trump scares me much more than Romney or McCain is that at least Romney would have been predictably evil, but I have absolutely no idea what the hell Trump is going to do. Will he proclaim himself President for Life? Will he start a Neo-Crusade against Islam? Will he launch a nuke? I don't know and that terrifies me.

RNC chair Reince Priebus insists Trump is 'not calling for mass deportation'

Anyway, on with the show.

Soon.

quote:

To: eekitsagreek

Trump needs to be polite now, but replace Reince Priebus as soon as possible.

2 posted on 11/09/2016 11:37:18 PM PST by Reno89519 (Time now to clean house of Ryan, McConnell, Lyn' Ted, and anyone not fully supporting Trump)

quote:

In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina I went to apply for food stamps as my business had been destroyed. The waiting room was filled with pretty obvious recent immigrants from a certain country south of us. Meanwhile, I was laughed out of the building for having the affrontery of asking for help.

4 posted on 11/09/2016 11:40:56 PM PST by 2ndDivisionVet (You cannot invade the mainland US. There'd be a rifle behind every blade of grass.)

quote:

Have the illegals build the wall in chain-gangs from both ends and as it nears the middle and closes - they are left on the Mexican side.

5 posted on 11/09/2016 11:41:16 PM PST by Berlin_Freeper

I am so looking forward to self-deportation to become and official policy.

quote:

He doesnt have to call for mass deportation.

Take away all the benies they are not entitled to....and the will by in large self deport!

SELF DEPORTATION!

7 posted on 11/09/2016 11:42:16 PM PST by rxsid (HOW CAN A NATURAL BORN CITIZEN'S STATUS BE "GOVERNED" BY GREAT BRITAIN? - Leo Donofrio (2009))

quote:

To: rxsid

Yeah...just apply and enforce the current rules in the books.

8 posted on 11/09/2016 11:45:58 PM PST by spokeshave (In the Thatch Weave,..Trump's Wing Man is Truth.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

To: rxsid

Self deportation began with a Trump victory

9 posted on 11/09/2016 11:58:19 PM PST by Smellin Salt
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

1. Deport the CRIMINAL ALIENS FIRST
2. put the squeeze on illegals and those who hire them
3. eliminate any government based incentives that draw illegals here
4. Deport those left over.

11 posted on 11/10/2016 12:00:27 AM PST by GraceG (Only a fool works hard in an environment where hard work is not appreciated...)

quote:

“Am I forgetting anything?”

Yes! As a high priority: “Institute a program to apprehend and deport all illegal aliens with a criminal record.”

I seem to recall that President Trump has already said he’ll do exactly that. :-)

Also, there need to be severe penalties for those who’ve been deported and subsequently return.

14 posted on 11/10/2016 12:05:57 AM PST by PreciousLiberty (Trump/Pence 2016! Make America Greater Than Ever!)

quote:

Reince Priebus did nothing... absolutely NOTHING... until he was backed into the corner and had no choice but to support Trump. Doing so was the last thing he wanted.

And now his nightmare has come true. And he's desperate to stay relevant.

Dear Mister Priebus: We. Don't. Need. You.

15 posted on 11/10/2016 12:07:04 AM PST by Ciaphas Cain

quote:

Priority 1 - stop the influx (wall and whatever else is necessary)
Priority 2 - deport all the ones in prison, gangs ASAP
Priority 3 - deport those on welfare
Priority 4 - deport those that don’t speak english
The rest should be self sufficient, I don’t know how much I would bother with them. Practically speaking at that point the problem is pretty handled.

18 posted on 11/10/2016 12:11:05 AM PST by aquila48

quote:

Nearly everything “Trump Said” was never said by Trump. It’s just like Sarah Palin saying “I can see Russia from my house.” The left makes it up and treats it as gospel.

21 posted on 11/10/2016 12:18:29 AM PST by Organic Panic (Hillary Clinton, the elderly woman's version of "I dindu nuffins.")

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Man, they still think martial law is gonna happen any minute now. Hillary conceded and Obama starts to organise handing over power BUT IT'S GONNA HAPPEN ANY MINUTE NOW loving LIBERALS.

Also all that talk about armed revolt of Trump lost? Uh... False flag?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
My god they are already calling for the head of the VP :magical:

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

kik2dagroin posted:

I have to say, I am REALLY pissed off with this nonsense. 

For 8 freaking years we had to sit through a guy we didn’t vote for, watch our healthcare system get screwed up despite every effort to stop it, jobs have gone south, people are struggling and now our guy gets elected and they don’t like it? F#$% THEM!!!!! I HAVE HAD IT! 

If I hear one more time that this is because uneducated white guys voted I’m going to lose it. I am an EDUCATED WHITE FEMALE who doesn’t vote for a person only because of their color or gender. I am SMART ENOUGH to vote for the person who is most likely to DO THEIR JOB. 

I made the mistake of watching Clinton News for 5 minutes while they covered the protests (fanning them) and the dumbest, incredible ignorant people talked about “being scared” of Trump, they don’t know if they will get deported or have their health care taken away.... and gawd forbid he takes away women’s rights!!! I CAN”T BELEIVE THEY ACTUALLY THINK THIS!!!!!

AUGH!!! I NEED TO TURN ON NETFLIX AND WATCH COLUMBO!! 

64 posted on 11/9/2016, 8:06:12 PM by Newton (All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.) 
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies

Dems need to take this kind of POV seriously if they want to rebuild the party.

quote:

In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina I went to apply for food stamps as my business had been destroyed. The waiting room was filled with pretty obvious recent immigrants from a certain country south of us. Meanwhile, I was laughed out of the building for having the affrontery of asking for help. 

4 posted on 11/09/2016 11:40:56 PM PST by 2ndDivisionVet (You cannot invade the mainland US. There'd be a rifle behind every blade of grass.) 

:rolleyes:

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
He should have just laid down in the street and died.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
It's weird that seeing Freepers being unhappy when they've been handed their most boner-inducing wet dream scenario makes this election hurt less but it really does.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:agreed:

I think if they ever stop hating they all disappear in a cloud of smoke.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

quote:

1. Deport the CRIMINAL ALIENS FIRST
2. put the squeeze on illegals and those who hire them
3. eliminate any government based incentives that draw illegals here
4. Deport those left over.

11 posted on 11/10/2016 12:00:27 AM PST by GraceG (Only a fool works hard in an environment where hard work is not appreciated...)

I love this this post. All these things absolutely make sense as things to say if you're a racist rear end in a top hat whose thought processes stop at "brown equal bad", but let's see what would happen if implemented as government policies:

1. Deport every foreigner committing crimes while illegally in America, because surely they would not be likely to illegally return and commit more crimes
2. Tear apart the economic status quo of many industries in southern states by removing employees from jobs no legal US residents would take at the current pay, and which the employer can't afford to pay more for without consequences for the economy.
3. Hell, why bother with the above. Here we eliminate the incentive "Having a better economy and employment opportunities than Mexico" anyway
4. This one is pretty easy. Most americans, whether or not a legal resident, will probably be attempting to migrate elsewhere at this point due to 3

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
It's the same here in Europe. Our freepers go "dey take are jerbs" every time they get, until a TV documentary actually showed how loving hard and lovely immigrant jobs are, and how no white person would even consider taking them.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Give it six months and they'll call Trump a rino.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Give it six months and they'll call Trump a rino.

They'd be right. Trump isn't a Republican. He's a terror created by the Republicans. He is politically Trump, and only Trump.

Now, Pence on the other hand. He is a Republican. That's why Pence scares me as much or more as Trump. Trump is an egomaniac who wants his name on the desk and everybody's lips but doesn't actually care about the job. He claims to want to do things, but they're ridiculous things; things the President can't do, or things that would cost so much money as to be impossible. Build a wall. Lock up the press. Even the President can't really make it happen just by sheer willpower.

Meanwhile, Pence (and other people in positions of power under the President, like whoever suggests Trump's pick to the Supreme Court) get to have a field day doing things, like happily working on their voter suppression plans, because Trump sure isn't going to tell them otherwise. He can actually work with others. His plans are within the realm of theoretical possibility. These advisors get to offer 'solutions' to Trump, he gets to approve them and put his name on them, and everybody's happy.

Except the people who get screwed over, which is anybody not in that office. Including Freepers, though they haven't noticed yet.

Prism fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Nov 10, 2016

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

On the other hand Trump is unlikely to let himself get bullied into anything either, and he does have some rather liberal ideas mixed in there. As unfortunate as the election of Trump is I am pretty drat sure that Freep will be less happy with Trump as president than they would have been if Hillary had won, as they will disagree almost as much, but it will be "their guy".

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

It's been a whole day, has Trump been declared a RINO liberal traitor yet?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

On the other hand Trump is unlikely to let himself get bullied into anything either, and he does have some rather liberal ideas mixed in there. As unfortunate as the election of Trump is I am pretty drat sure that Freep will be less happy with Trump as president than they would have been if Hillary had won, as they will disagree almost as much, but it will be "their guy".

Yeah the freaky part is we actually have no clue what his presidency will be like.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I think you guys are underestimating how deep Freep has fallen into the Trump cult of personality.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So how do they feel that like McCain and Rubio and other rinos won reelection?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah the freaky part is we actually have no clue what his presidency will be like.

We're getting speculation about cabinet picks now and they're floating a surprising number of Freep-proclaimed RINOs so it's looking like it'll be Republican "more money for us, gently caress you" business as usual with occasional bursts of Trump deciding he doesn't like whatever the legislative branch has tried

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Actually yeah I wonder what liberal policy Freep will fall in love with once Trump brings it up.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

It was only one guy but I did see a Trump supporter already pissed off during the victory speech because he said he would fix inner cities.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Trump's "Day One" plan has a lot of stuff in it that could be construed as 'Populist' in a lot of ways. In fact, I quite like a lot them on-paper. Watching FReepers attempt to claim that they were always about these things will be funny.

What's not funny is that all that poo poo is untenable in a GOP-controlled House and Senate and he sure as poo poo knows that. It's intended to look good and fail. Not far after all that stuff is the real shitshow regressive Trump stuff that really got him in office like repealing the PPACA, EPA, Dept of Ed, etc.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

timefly posted:

Freeper tale 13,064,333. Yeah, if you ran a business, why didn't you have money set aside somewhere in case of issues like this? When I applied for foodstampa because the glorious imperial reign of Rick Snyder and his right to work nonsense put me out of work, I got them right away, albeit only about 200 bucks a month though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Actually yeah I wonder what liberal policy Freep will fall in love with once Trump brings it up.

They already fell in love with the feminist idea of more maternity leave.

I'm still scared of the future, but a couple of things keep me going on. One is that yeah, we seriously don't know what Trump will do. Obviously stuff like the wall or mass deportation will never happen, but it is entirely possible that Trump was bullshitting on a lot of his platform (like every politician) and will be mostly centrist and pass some terrible stuff and some maybe okay stuff. Really my biggest concerns are a conservative controlled SCOTUS, which is a guarantee, a war with Iran, which is extremely likely, and a ban on immigrants from the Middle East, which is probably likely.

And yes, I really hope Trump lives a long life and serves out his term because the idea of Mike loving Pence being president is actually even more frightening to me than Trump.