Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Not a Step posted:

lol, you can't take three minutes to explain yourself and instead are a condescending jerk to people who asked, so they have no choice but to turn to the people who did take the time to answer them

WONDER WHY YOUR POLITICS SUCK?

Not a Step calling other people condescending

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Herman Cain's proposal that all bills be no longer than three pages was pretty dumb but this one is definitely up there.

Hermain Cain's proposal was never official U.S. Government policy. This is.

PKJC
May 7, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

The dude's plan for ending racism is never talking to white people until all the white people suddenly become woke on their own. I think he thinks that he is so correct about everything, he doesn't even need to argue. Just wait until everyone naturally starts to agree with him

Strawmen are fun to beat up on but really don't contribute to either debate or discussion but hey if you can't even acknowledge that there do exist some white people who will never "become woke", regardless of anyone who talks to them, up to and including the second coming of Supply Side Jesus, you're obviously not arguing in good faith so maaybe get... out?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

quote:

Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.

quote:

- Direct the EPA to no longer enforce mercury and coal ash rules established under the "Clean Power Plan"

can't wait to pick up my new mercury pills! i hear they cure cancer!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hey Not A Step remember when you lost your loving marbles about black people dolchstoss during the democratic primary and starting talking about forming a whites-only progressive party? good times man.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Salvor_Hardin posted:

The first one is good for sure.

I hope this election, if anything, proves that internet articles about serious topics stuffed with lame reaction gifs from popular films and our favorite Netflix Original Series are loving stupid and should be abolished immediately

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

negromancer posted:

Sorry I don't have time to coddle people who are lazy as gently caress.

If staying in this country means having to hold your hand through being a decent human being and how to function as an adult, gently caress it.

yes, because that's my plan even though I've said otherwise and I started an entire thread that educates white people on black issues.

Get the gently caress on you obnoxious prick.

Jesus Christ.

Whatever country you decide to move to, I wish that place good fortune.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

negromancer posted:

yes, because that's my plan even though I've said otherwise and I started an entire thread that educates white people on black issues.

Get the gently caress on you obnoxious prick.

Link to this thread please?

I'm seriously asking as I grew up in one of the most white states and live in one of the whitest cities.

Portland metro area is like nearly 80 percent white and 3 percent black.

It's hard to have education on black issues when you really have no exposure or understanding of the culture, etc.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
These protests all over the country are crazy, has anything like this happened in recent memory after an election? Going to be long 4 years.

Winkie01 fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Nov 10, 2016

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Venuz Patrol posted:

can't wait to pick up my new mercury pills! i hear they cure cancer!

I'm going to directly inject it, myself. Live up the ol arteries a bit.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Guy Goodbody posted:

quote:

ECOAS (Earth COlony ASteroid) is a special task force established by the Earth Federation Forces in U.C. 0096. It was formed not long after the second Neo Zeon war. It was created as a clandestine group meant to do "wetwork", a.k.a. black-ops-type missions that are off the records. Because of its secretive and independent nature, ECOAS has its own command system that even Londo Bell has no authority over them directly. The task force first saw combat in Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn.

...I'm not sure what that has to do with the election
This is a joke post, right?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Hermain Cain's proposal was never official U.S. Government policy. This is.

I know.

Crazy poo poo, to be sure.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Quadrapellegiance posted:

Link to this thread please?

I'm seriously asking as I grew up in one of the most white states and live in one of the whitest cities.

Portland metro area is like nearly 80 percent white and 3 percent black.

It's hard to have education on black issues when you really have no exposure or understanding of the culture, etc.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796995

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

there's some truth to that but it ignores the fact that it's not a totality of rural people who are like that, and that's without getting into the south where you have rural counties which are majority black and increasingly small towns that are majority hispanic or where they're the largest minority

clinton lost a lot of rural counties 65-35 that obama lost 55-45 and they rapidly add up, and trump was smart to hold rallies in lots of east bumfucks

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

And here is the official campaign document detailing Day One executive actions:

And the official Congress list:

I'd say numero uno on the "DRAIN ARE SWAMP" list is most likely not going to happen. I can't imagine that entrenched Republicans and most Democrats will support that poo poo, but then again everyone seems to enjoy bending the knee to Trump so gently caress if I can say that with any real certainty. I could see the other poo poo, especially the dumb "Trade 2 old regulations for one new regulation", getting through though.

The "PROTECT ARE WORKERS" list will likewise go through unmolested, with maybe some dumb gently caress Clintonites and Republicans trying to block the "Renegotiate NAFTA and stop the TPP" because they haven't learned a thing. Climate change acceleration and trade wars ho!

The "gently caress OBAMA" list will also go through, but this is probably where he'll hit some immediate issues. Senate Dems can probably filibuster the judge appointment and deporting people is loving expensive and the media will scrutinize the hell out of the whole thing.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Ahaha that tax code he wants to implement will destroy the loving government like one of his businesses

That's the goal

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Ok so after some time to recover from a hangover and digest all this, there are a lot of reasons Trump stomped Clinton in an upset:

-Clinton was a very poor candidate for this election and her campaign (and pollsters) tremendously hosed up. They treated it like any other election when they should have seen from Trump and Bernie's primary performances that it was going to be really different from 2012, their LV models were way off so their entire campaign strategy was wrong. They and the media should have treated Trump like a serious candidate and worked to strengthen blue states with large white populations rather than getting overconfident and reaching for long shot swing states. This was an election between two deeply unpopular candidates but it should have been obvious from the primaries that a populist/change message was playing strongly. A lot of Obama voters went for Trump, and Trump got more black, Hispanic, and Asian voters than Romney. Clinton is emblematic of the establishment.

-Election fuckery from Russian email hacks, voter suppression and disenfranchisement in R controlled states, Comey.

-The racism and bigotry of white Americans is going strong.

Congrats we elected an idiotic racist sexmonster who will enable decades of GOP darkness because the Clinton campaign thought "let's all work together, would you like to hear about my POLICIES?" was a good message. Actually what you needed to win this election was to yell incoherent populist anti-establishment rhetoric and be racist, facts policy and being a narcisstic sexual predator don't matter.

E: spelling

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 10, 2016

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

negromancer posted:

Good job not being able to spell and missing an entire letter.

So, since you're still not bothering to explain yourself:

ECOWAS means the Economic Community of West African States. As in countries in the main region slaves were captured from. Black USAians have bloodline connections to that region, which could be used as a basis for something similar to Israel's Right of Return. Which in turn means anyone who claims Jewish ancestry can claim citizenship in Israel.

What is it with this arrogant attitude on the US left, that you can just namedrop issues and refuse to explain?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Pellisworth posted:

Congrats we elected an idiotic racist sexmonster who will enable decades of GOP darkness because the Clinton campaign thought "let's all work together, would you like to hear about my POLICIES?" Actually what you needed to win this election was to yell incoherent populist anti-establishment rhetoric and be racist, facts policy and being a narcisstic sexual predator don't matter.

Good news, we probably don't have decades left.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

SunAndSpring posted:

I'd say numero uno on the "DRAIN ARE SWAMP" list is most likely not going to happen. I can't imagine that entrenched Republicans and most Democrats will support that poo poo, but then again everyone seems to enjoy bending the knee to Trump so gently caress if I can say that with any real certainty. I could see the other poo poo, especially the dumb "Trade 2 old regulations for one new regulation", getting through though.

The "PROTECT ARE WORKERS" list will likewise go through unmolested, with maybe some dumb gently caress Clintonites and Republicans trying to block the "Renegotiate NAFTA and stop the TPP" because they haven't learned a thing. Climate change acceleration and trade wars ho!

The "gently caress OBAMA" list will also go through, but this is probably where he'll hit some immediate issues. Senate Dems can probably filibuster the judge appointment and deporting people is loving expensive and the media will scrutinize the hell out of the whole thing.

The first quote box is all things that he can do 100% through executive action and requires no congressional input.

The second quote box is all the legislation he will introduce to congress, but can't do unilaterally.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

Not a Step calling other people condescending

lmao

We live in strange times my friend.

Did you get run out of CSPAM on a rail or something?

hey Not A Step remember when you lost your loving marbles about black people dolchstoss during the democratic primary and starting talking about forming a whites-only progressive party? good times man.

Ive forsworn doing hilariously ironic bits because everything stopped being funny a long time ago.

But come on man, people like negromancer actually exist, its real tempting to jump in on that lunacy bandwagon and play the boogey man he so desperately wants someone to be

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

Most of the trickier things on his list aren't "do this thing", they're "announce my intention to do this thing". Naturally a constitutional amendment putting term limits on Congress ain't gonna happen, but all he needs to do is start it off and then when it fails he can blame elitist mainstream politicians.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
mm yes irony my man, 'twas all for the "lulz" as the youth say

sure thing buddy

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Herman Cain's proposal that all bills be no longer than three pages was pretty dumb but this one is definitely up there.

Black Token #2/pizza-kun also had a 9-9-9 deal. Because gov. is just like some lovely pizza chain.

pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

mm yes irony my man, 'twas all for the "lulz" as the youth say

sure thing buddy

We're all gonna be living in Trump's America now.

lol nothing matters

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
The problem with nominating someone with more charisma is that Bernie had less charm than Hillary. Would have been hard.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Interesting articles, also the intercept one.

It is like The Electorate as Caligula nominating a horse to the white house because gently caress this guys in DC.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Not a Step posted:

We're all gonna be living in Trump's America now.

lol nothing matters

I've heard irony is some serious laffeaux material these days, maybe you could ironically join your local klavern

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

The first quote box is all things that he can do 100% through executive action and requires no congressional input.

The second quote box is all the legislation he will introduce to congress, but can't do unilaterally.

Well he certainly can't pass term limits without an amendment, and that poo poo has gotta run through the House and Senate.

As for the rest, shiiiiiit

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
There's a protest in downtown Boston.

Swung by and screamed at them that they should have elected Vermin Supreme.

It's the reason we don't have timetravelers.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Lobsterhead
Nov 1, 2010

La
La la la la
La la la la la
La la la
La la
La...

Not a Step posted:

We live in strange times my friend.

Did you get run out of CSPAM on a rail or something?

Ive forsworn doing hilariously ironic bits because everything stopped being funny a long time ago.

But come on man, people like negromancer actually exist, its real tempting to jump in on that lunacy bandwagon and play the boogey man he so desperately wants someone to be

Racist white people are not a boogeyman, they are reality. It's not black people's faults that white people are racist and ""ironic"" racism is still racism.

The US was built on the backs of black slaves and the genocide of Natives. You underestimate how deeply white supremacy is interwoven into the very fabric of American society.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Not a Step posted:

But come on man, people like negromancer actually exist, its real tempting to jump in on that lunacy bandwagon and play the boogey man he so desperately wants someone to be.
I don't know what Negromancer's usually like as a poster, but come on man, we're less than 24 hours from the election of Donald Trump. I watched a Trump rally where one of his surrogates, a sheriff - a man sworn to uphold the law of the land - railed on Hillary at length for supporting 'seditious groups' like BLM, and told a cheering crowd that under President Trump members of those groups will share a prison cell with her. I can see why he'd be really pissed off and upset right now, it's not cool to try and bait him for lulz or whatever.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Democrats need more young minorities in positions of party leadership if they want more white votes, because young minorities know white people better than white people know themselves and have navigated the minefield of winning them over their whole drat lives.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

SunAndSpring posted:

Well he certainly can't pass term limits without an amendment, and that poo poo has gotta run through the House and Senate.

As for the rest, shiiiiiit

It says "introduce a constitutional amendment" not implement them. He can do that.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

^^ lol

BarbarianElephant posted:

The problem with nominating someone with more charisma is that Bernie had less charm than Hillary. Would have been hard.

Bernie had authenticity on his side though, which Hillary never had.

I've heard irony is some serious laffeaux material these days, maybe you could ironically join your local klavern

Can I join yours?

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Ornedan posted:

So, since you're still not bothering to explain yourself:

ECOWAS means the Economic Community of West African States. As in countries in the main region slaves were captured from. Black USAians have bloodline connections to that region, which could be used as a basis for something similar to Israel's Right of Return. Which in turn means anyone who claims Jewish ancestry can claim citizenship in Israel.

What is it with this arrogant attitude on the US left, that you can just namedrop issues and refuse to explain?

Why would I have to explain something that literally take 15 seconds to google?

If you're reading a book and it gets to a word you don't know, do you fire of an email to the publisher to ask them to explain to you the definition of it?

You guys sound entitled as gently caress.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

It says "introduce a constitutional amendment" not implement them. He can do that.

Oh, right. Sorry, I'm just really tired right now.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Apraxin posted:

I don't know what Negromancer's usually like as a poster, but come on man, we're less than 24 hours from the election of Donald Trump. I watched a Trump rally where one of his surrogates, a sheriff - a man sworn to uphold the law of the land - railed on Hillary at length for supporting 'seditious groups' like BLM, and told a cheering crowd that under President Trump members of those groups will share a prison cell with her. I can see why he'd be really pissed off and upset right now, it's not cool to try and bait him for lulz or whatever.

He's a racist that doesn't want to admit it, and says racist poo poo "for the lulz"

gently caress him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Not a Step posted:

He doesn't need you to play the boogeyman, he's got a ton of sheriffs, police chiefs, bosses, politicians, and now a President-elect already doing that.

• Locked thread